[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the cringiest webcomic on earth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: Neo-Kosmosfaggotry.png (684 KB, 795x443) Image search: [Google]
Neo-Kosmosfaggotry.png
684 KB, 795x443
Neo-Kosmos is a Steven Universe/Homestuck rip-off by Amber Rogers and Shelby Cragg and it's the most "tumblr" webcomic I've ever read.
>>
File: A272.gif (31 KB, 700x218) Image search: [Google]
A272.gif
31 KB, 700x218
>>83743555
>the cringiest webcomic on earth
That's a pretty fucking tall claim, OP.
>>
>>83743555
>Steven Universe Ripoff

I'm no fan but the artist is an actual storyboard artist for SU, which is probably why the art looks similar

The Homestuck style presentation does the comic no favors though, since there's no reader interaction and it just makes the whole thing a chore to read through
>>
>>83743555
I like it.
Just imagine they're all white and use "correct" pronouns if REALLY that's a problem for you... the plot will not be changed at all.
>>
>>83743650
its animated segments put homestucks to shame

which is probably its only merit
>>
It's pretty bad but not because it's "Tumblr", and I think you may be an idiot.
>>
>>83743643
>Actual storyboard artist
Stop this meme.

She did storyboard revisions.
For a single clipshow episode.
>>
>>83743817
One of the main characters has vitiligo. One of the first conversations is about gender.
>>
>>83743650
>"correct"
Why use quotation marks?
>>
>>83743909
He means the faults run far deeper than the pandering.

The pacing is shit, the story is dull, the characters are poorly established and not too distinct beyond physical differences and a "gimmick" or two, etc. It's just a bad comic.
>>
>>83743952
Fair enough.
>>
god is this boring
the story seems to be eternally going nowhere
everything is so contrived
and the animatic paneling (meant to be clicked through fast to match the timing) doesnt go with the conversation segments (meant to scroll down)
>>
I like the characters, the story, the art's pretty, I don't have to wait forever before an update and I'm curious to see what will happen next.

>>83743909
It's refreshing to see a bit of variety in the characters, when a lot of main characters in media are white, full of stereotypes and so stuck in the same situations again and again. From times to times it can't hurt, right ?
What are you afraid of, seriously... queers/minorities taking over the world cause sometimes there's a show/comic/whatever that represent them more than you ?
>>83743950
I'm not even sure what genitals each character have, they do look like androgynous/hermaphrodite so I don't even know if their pronouns match their sex lol
>>
>>83744069
I wish every single person like you could have been in that nightclub.
>>
>>83744091
Don't worry, I'm straight, cis AND white !
>>
>>83743909
Which isn't, in of itself, a bad thing.
The issue is that it's slow, boring, and has been running for over a year without anything happening. The art's pretty and there are SOME interesting concepts in the worldbuilding, but it's just so fucking dull.
>>
>>83744069
>It's refreshing to see a bit of variety in the characters, when a lot of main characters in media are white, full of stereotypes and so stuck in the same situations again and again.

You say variety, but beyond their physical characteristics the main characters aren't distinct. The writing portrays them as mostly homogenous with different shades of established archetypes. There's not a strong dynamic between them at all because there's no meaningful contrast, the true variety in writing.
>>
>>83744156
kys anyway
>>
>>83744320
I used to think that was because they hadn't had the chance to show personality yet, but that was when I thought the comic had been going for, like, two months instead of over a year.
>>
File: Captain_Ayyymerica.jpg (63 KB, 754x625) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Ayyymerica.jpg
63 KB, 754x625
>the cringiest webcomic
>in a world where Hathor the Cow Goddess, Billy the Heretic, Sonichu and Assigned Male exist
>>
Why is every character a tranny?

Why is one of them a leper?
>>
>>83743650
If it were just one of two gender-confusions I would accept that; but no.
Other than Iris, every human in this hasn't a gender.

And as for their races: I truly don't give a shit. Z's vitiligo doesn't bother me. Iris being the only white human so far doesn't bother me. I don't care.
>>
>>83744382
You've got me there.
>>
>>83744420
*one or two
>>
>>83743603
YOU'RE LOOKING AT IT
>>
>>83744382
Yeah, I really have difficulty rating webcomics lower than Sonichu. Every day that I'm reminded CWC exists is a bad one.
>>
>>83743555
Cringiest is Assigned Male
I havent read this Neo-Kosmos, but I can promise its not nearly as bad.
>>
>>83744382
>>Hathor the Cow Goddess
Oh dear fuck no I had buried that shit at the back of my mind.
>>
>>83744420
So you'd accept one or two "gender confusions", but two is... too many?
It doesn't bug me, mostly because it kind of makes sense that aliens with no concept of gender would raise humans gender neutrally. I'm aware that it was probably written that way because "muh agenda", but let's be real, every piece of fiction is informed by the writer's agendas and views.
tl;dr if the gender shit's not for you, fine, but I wouldn't call it a "flaw".
>>
>>83744156
>Don't worry, I'm straight, cis AND white !
How does it feel to be despised by your SJW "friends" that you so seek to defend?
>>
>>83744320
Yeah I mostly agree, even though I think we may be actually used to characters who contrast too much, in a way they're not even humans anymore and it's just boring and
At this point I'm just relieved when I can't guess the personality of a character just by looking at them ("oh this short-haired girl is a tomboy, what a surprise...").
Their personalities could use more depth though, definitively.

>>83744420
Why can't you accept that? It have zero impact of the story so far (if not avoid dumb cliches about genrer roles like I said earlier... again, so far)

>>83744495
You can't even compare the two, Neo-Kosmos is a story which happens to have minorities/queers characters, when Assigned Male's whole purpose is to talk about trans (I can't stand it personnally)
>>
>>83744069
>using queer unironically and not as an insult

Pretty patethic.
>>
Neo-kosmos is O.K. ... it updates really slow for how mediocre it's content is. They also waste a lot of time on dumb stuff... their april fools joke was a huge homestuck mini-story thing, and there's been like no updates since then, and then they post "hey we just redid the art of every panel in the comic"... what?? (also I can't even fucking tell the difference)

I also don't really classify it as a homestuck-like at all, it focuses way more on action panels, but it just doesn't use them as well as something like Ava's Demon.
>>
>>83743650
You're right, it would still be shit.
>>
>>83744602
nigga when someone says X IS THE CRINGIEST ON EARTH or X CANDY IS BEST CANDY then yeah, youre comparing it to literally everything else.
Its not the most cringey.
>>
>>83743555

Assigned Male.

What now, faggot?
>>
>>83744671
>83744382

Been there, done that.
>>
>>83744564
>Falling for memes THIS hard
GO OUTSIDE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
>>
>>83744603
It's just an simple term to regroup certain kind of people. What's wrong with it ?
>>
>>83744069
I thank God everyday for having been born in a muslim family. Knowing I'll never have to put up with people like you makes it all worthwhile.
>>
>>83744709
This is fucking 4-Chan. No-one here goes outside.
>>
Isn't it just further proof that whenever something follows Tumblrs guidelines it sucks?

Seelm fairly consistent.
>>
>>83744730
THen Ill have to thank the REAL God that Im not a filthy Mudslime :^)
>>
>>83744770
preach
>>
>>83744772
Do what you want until you can, faggot.
>>
>>83744730
Well yeah

But the FBI are reading your forum posts.
>>
>>83744797
is that a threat?
>>
>>83744770
Thanks, now I'll never have to think by myself again !
>>
>>83744772
Jews, Christs, and Islams all share the same god
>>
>>83744812
More like a matter of fact. Drink and gay away all you want, soon we'll get you anyways.
>>
File: Fuck LARPING.jpg (23 KB, 765x286) Image search: [Google]
Fuck LARPING.jpg
23 KB, 765x286
>>83744709
>>
>>83743555
I wouldn't say it's the cringiest, it's so run of the mill pandering to the typical tumblr crowd that it's extremely bland, both in story and character development.

It's a common trap that artists fall into when they focus on nonsense diversity (can't just have gays and straight people and people of different races, got to have genderfluids and people with vitiligo too for extra points) over all else. You know you'll already get mad props for the diversity and you know that's all your target audience cares about, there's no need to put in the extra work to actually write anything interesting.

Contrast that with someone who works with a cast of mostly straight white people; that author better put in the hours to develop a good story or everyone will notice the flaws because they're not completely mesmerized by the multi-colored skin of the main character.

Reminds me of those tumblr comics of oppressed monster people being an allegory for minorities. They're incredibly bland and the monsters being monsters with crazy powers has zero effect on the story at all because the artists just can't write past their initial idea.
>>
>>83744156
Kill urself then
-everybody in the world
>>
>>83744251
>Which isn't, in of itself, a bad thing.
Don't you think that a conversation about gender, instead of advancing the plot, is a bad thing
I mean, anon's looking at it like "instead of obvious tumblr pandering, they could have done something cool, but because they chose tumblr pandering it's bad"
>>
I still don't get the criticisms here.

It's bad because Tumblr would like it a lot? I'm not going to deny that Steven Universe is hailed as the second coming of SJW Jesus but it's a funny show with neat lore and likable characters.

As long as it isn't Walkyverse or Sinfest or QC levels of pandering I don't see how it could really be that bad.

At best it's a mediocre webcomic.
>>
>>83744382
I am reading Billy the kid right now and I can't really tell if it is a troll. There seems to be a lot of good world views mixed in with all of the racism.
>>
>>83744709
>I was just memeing you guys, please like me!
Go tell your mom you love her, she might still love you too.
>>
>>83745009
Yeah same I don't get why everybody lose their mind, it's ridiculous.
>>
File: Neo-Kosmosfaggotry.png (447 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Neo-Kosmosfaggotry.png
447 KB, 800x450
>>83745009
This is how bad it can get. This is Page 60.
>>
>>83745009
It's bad because there is no substance beneath the pandering. It feels a lot like Questionable Content as far as writing quality goes, and very few would call that good.
>>
>>83745102
I dont see whats so bad about it.
>>
>>83745102
that's better written than most comics with white characters, sorry
>>
>>83745115
For real?
>>
>>83745102
It's an allegory you close-minded idiot, and a prety deep one at that
>>
>>83745157
A deep allegory?

Let me check my window for flying fucking pigs.
>>
>>83745102
If that's an example of how "bad" it is then I guess the oberall quality is pretty stellar to say the least.
>>
>>83744992
It's worldbuilding. Builds on the idea of the kids of having a weird upbringing as a result of being raised by aliens. Early Homestuck had a load of conversations in lieu of plot too, and that's plenty enjoyable.
It's bad because there's no substance to the plot, but that's not as a direct result of Vitiligo And Gender.
>>
>>83745102
I think your anger over comics daring to broach the subject of gender is making you think that's worse than it is.
>>83745217
But it really, really isn't, anon.
>>
I like that when there's non-conventionnal characters in a show it's "pandering" to Tumblr but when it's a cliche beautiful woman with big boobs (or a badass, dumb man with a lot of muscles) it's totally normal and not pandering at all. "It's fantasy we can do whatev we like ". Well ok then let "minorities" (don't know what other word use) have them represented from times to times.

>>83745102
ALIENS raised them. Of course gender is a weird concept for them.
>>
>>83744547
The problem is that it's hypocritical.
Gender is a non-issue that attention apparently isn't given to, but the comic gives a lot of attention to this. It's one of the easiest pitfalls for a novice writer: method contradicting meaning.

The agenda isn't the important part, it's that the comic is lying to itself. It purports a self-contained falsehood unironically. A well written story with this element, or even the unimportant nature if gender as a core theme, would be smart enough to make the occasions where these antiquated concepts come up both scarce and poignant because *THE CHARACTERS DON'T CARE ABOUT IT*.

Imagine a story about how race doesn't matter anymore where the characters keep bringing up race. It'd be fucking stupid because the characters who supposedly don't care are spending a lot of time mulling over it.
>>
>>83745009
>Is it Tumblr
Motherfucker you have criticisms that gave nothing to do with politics and demographics in this very thread, try reading.
>>
>>83743555
It's really deep and well written, touches on a lot of pressing societal issues that aren't talked about a lot in the mainstream, and does so in a funny, touching and educational way. Sorry people being different offends you, but your era is over, it's our time now.
>>
File: BBtarDm.jpg (38 KB, 476x373) Image search: [Google]
BBtarDm.jpg
38 KB, 476x373
>>83745331

>gender is a non-issue

>the US is currently flipping its shit over people going to the bathroom because of their gender identity.

how's a hypocritical dumb ass now?
>>
>>83745331
>Imagine a story about how race doesn't matter anymore where the characters keep bringing up race.
Ultimate Spider-Man?
Anyway, I think you misread that scene, but this comic isn't good enough for me to spend effort defending it. Good day.
>>
>people on /co/ are actually falling for the OP's viral marketing scheme
This is easily the worst board.
>>
>>83745364
This falseflagger is so transparent that he makes Windex jealous.

We know it's bad, the poor attempts to save face by fans and/or creators aren't fooling anyone so you don't need to ironically agree with them.
>>
>control-f "moon over june"
>zero results
>>
>>83745412
>Other people enjoy thing I don't like
Sorry about your life, it must be hard to see what the real world is like outside your mom's basement
>>
>>83745387
In the context of the story, you illiterate sycophant.

>>83745388
>Ultimate Spider-Man
My point exactly. Robbie, Jaime and Kamala make Miles look like a fucking token.

>Anyway, I think you misread that scene
I'm not talking about any scene in particular, I'm talking about the very method of storytelling. The subject is approached in a heavy handed way, which defeats the entire message. It's just one of many, many issues with the comic.
>>
>>83745364
>deep and well written
Stating your opinion on its own does nothing to change mine.
>Sorry being different offends you, but your era is over, it's our time now.
Do you fucking hear yourself?
>>
>>83745102
>a reasonable centrist opinion on gender bullshit

Of course it leaves both far left and far right triggered.
>>
>>83745388
>>83745475
It wasn't brought up until recently though. After like 4 years of Miles.
By the way, it's incredibly sad how I'm still waiting for Spider-Miles to "Start". To have a cast that feels complete, to have a rogue gallery, etc,
>>
>>83745102
>All these replies about the politics instead of how incredibly forced and out of touch this exchange is.
I feel for you, anon.
>>
>>83745521
For Miles to get a distinct personality and do something other than be told what a good li'l Spider-Man he is?

Yeah, me too, but I don't think it's coming. At least Kamala's popular, I guess.
>>
>>83745524
THANK YOU!!!
Finally someone on this board who gets it.
>>
>>83743555
Checking the comic right now. So many pages of LITERALLY nothing happening. Why would someone bother to do such a thing? Drawing takes enough time as it is and this person is wasting the reader's time by having the protagonist roll around in a room. Be concise, go to the point.
By the way, is it a girl or a boy? I'm not actually reading the text.
>>
>>83744603
>>83744729
I still find it interesting how queer became a term mostly used by people who would normally get offended being called things like that. The word literally means 'weird/odd', you'd think it would stick with the original derogatory usage.
>>
>>83745580
Gender neutral.
Wouldn't be a big deal if the comic didn't make it one. See
>>83745331
>>
>>83745552
>At least Kamala's popular, I guess.
I love Kamala but I hate that she's so popular. I wish she was Daredevil level of popular. Good enough to be loved by comicbook readers and be treated with care and love by the writers but not popular enough so she could stay far far away from crossovers and the Avengers.
>>
>>83745364
>Sorry people being different offends you, but your era is over, it's our time now.

>We're going to defeat 100 million years of evolution with our made-up ideas
>The future is ours

See you on the other side, indigo child.
>>
>>83745580
Tye's "agender". All the characters are agender and use they/them pronouns aside from Tye's friend, Iris, who's MTF transgender and uses feminine pronouns.
>>
>>83745597
Oh... I didn't know that (english isn't my native langage), I just thought it was a term similar to LGBT
>>
File: frisk from undertale i think.jpg (561 KB, 2136x2896) Image search: [Google]
frisk from undertale i think.jpg
561 KB, 2136x2896
>>83745600
it's kind of an unappealing design anyway.
I've seen that done better
>>
>>83745622
>and use they/them pronouns
This is so confusing to me when I read about agender characters.
I'd rather have Xir, at least I'd know it's singular.
>>
>>83743643
>>83743643
Christ Alive.

There really is no standards for artistic skill in western animation design these days, is there?
>>
>>83745655
With the japanese language, whether you're speaking in singular or plural is NEVER literally specified. It's all context; so they/them pronouns makes more sense to me.
>>
>>83745622
She's MTF ? How do you know that, I don't remember seeing that in the comics

>>83745331
I don't think the comic made it a big deal. If anything this >>83745102 sounds more like an explanation for the readers as for why their pronouns are "them". They were raised by aliens, so they don't care, and Iris is obsessed with humans concepts in general, so maybe that's why she stick to a gender.

>>83745655
I tought "they/them" was commonly used in the english langage, like when you don't know the gender of the person you're talking about. It's a pretty old thing.
May be wrong tho, I'm a foreigner and I wasn't teach that in english classes.
>>
>>83745712
Do I look like a weeb to you, anon?
I'm 100% pure american breed.
That's a lie, I'm a filthy spic but my point remains
>>
>>83745694
>There really is no standards for artistic skill

No, there are no standard at all.
>>
>>83745754
I'm at least 50% filthy spic.
>>
there's a lot of people making a big deal about defending a really boring webcomic in this thread and i think half of them haven't read it

>>83745747
>They were raised by aliens, so they don't care, and Iris is obsessed with humans concepts in general, so maybe that's why she stick to a gender.

that depends on believing it's a made up concept we're raised to believe in.
>>
>>83744697
underrated post
>>
>>83745854
Yeah, at this point it's a belief indeed. It's very difficult, if not impossible to tell at which percentage it's a social construct and at which percentage it's determined by our genitals. It's a choice the authors made, it may be not accurate but it's sci-fi and it's imo interesting.
>>
>>83745524
>>83745563
this
honestly it amazes me how derailed a thread can get
>>
>>83745747
>I tought "they/them" was commonly used in the english langage, like when you don't know the gender of the person you're talking about. It's a pretty old thing.

it is
but many people dont even know or automaticaly think of plural like anon said
>>
>>83745747
In the character profiles on the cast page, it says Iris is a Type Y human, while Tye and Z are Type X. This is referring to XY and XX chromosomes.
>>
>>83746117
Those profiles are how I decide what pronouns to use. I don't buy into this they/them bullshit unless I have to.
>>
>>83746143
If it you make feel better and safer... please do
lmao
>>
>>83746143
why does it matter so much, anon?
i just use whatever unless otherwise stated
>>
>>83746170
>safer
wat?
>>
>>83746117
Oh, ok. It's weird though, Tye and Z don't have boobs, or any female featrues, aren't they teens ?
>>
>>83746204
They might have small chests or are late bloomers since they're just fourteen. Their diets consisted of nutrition blocks or something, too, so that could have messed with puberty. Tye seems to have some curves, though, in a pic on the cast page
>>
>>83743650
i have virtually no problems with that

what I don't actually like at all if how the human characters interact and the fact that they are ugly as fuck.
>>
>>83743555
Someone should do a anti Tumblr comic in the vains of Tex Avery & Bob Clampett.
>>
>>83746393
>anti Tumblr comic
Like all the other ones
>>
File: bobclampett-centennial-580x326.jpg (71 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
bobclampett-centennial-580x326.jpg
71 KB, 580x326
>>83746428
No, like this.
>>
>>83743862
>She did storyboard revisions.
true
>For a single clipshow episode.
Stop the meme

She's been the main storyboard revisionist
ever since Hellen Jo left and Laruen Zuke (the previous main storyboard revisionist) became a storyboard artist
>>
>>83746548
She's only been credited in one episode, unless they suddenly started to with the last bomb.

The only person who would actually know that without the credits acknowledging it would be her, a co-worker, or a close friend.
>>
>>83746548
Maybe she should do her job: Lamar's boards got way worse once Zuke started boarding.
>>
>>83746584
>She's only been credited in one episode, unless they suddenly started to with the last bomb.

She's been credited in every episode since Love Letters
>>
>>83746633
storyboard revisionists only revise what the Storyboard Supervisor (Kat Morris, who's also one of the main story writers on the show and recently became one of the two supervising directors) tells them to
>>
>>83744382
>seeing Hathor unironically being posted on your Facebook feed by a new mother friend
>she's also a huge health nut and thinks that vaccines give kids autism
That poor fucking kid is gonna grow up to be crazy
>>
>>83746633
Lamar's boards haven't gotten worse, they're simply not being accompanied by Hellen Jo's stuff

Here's the full storyboards for arcade maina (lamar's first episode: Steven's lion was actually produced after it)
http://stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/post/77718473801/the-full-storyboard-to-steven-universe-arcade
Lamar's first scene starts on panel 117

and here's Lamar's boards for Same Old World
http://neo-rama.tumblr.com/post/144664111483
>>
File: sz_0748_0749.gif (2 MB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
sz_0748_0749.gif
2 MB, 1200x750
>>83743555
BEHOLD

sarahzero.com
>>
>>83745387
"This is such a menial thing! Why even prevent it?"
"LET'S MAKE THIS A HUGE FUCKING DEAL. THIS WILL AFFECT THE LIVES OF MILLIONS IN HORRIBLE WAYS IF THIS IS NOT PASSED. THIS IS AN INJUSTICE THAT WE CAN'T STAND. WE CAN DEAL WITH THIS BECAUSE WE'RE PETTY AND NARCISSISTIC."
>>
>>83746837
Wot.
>>
I just realized. Tye and Iris kinda look like those rednecks from 'Clarence'.
>>
>>83745387
>>the US is currently flipping its shit over people going to the bathroom because of their gender identity.
How big of a deal is it outside of the Internet?
>>
File: Neo-Kosmosfaggotry.png (1 MB, 2000x898) Image search: [Google]
Neo-Kosmosfaggotry.png
1 MB, 2000x898
It must be my imagination or something?
>>
>>83747034
Yes, it is. Are you legally blind?
>>
>>83747032
When I went to a bar last week the bartender was getting in a heated discussion about it
I don't go out much except to drink so there's not much I can tell you, anon
>>
File: 1462517922330.png (332 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
1462517922330.png
332 KB, 600x448
>>83743603
Source? Where did this even come from?
>>
>>83747032
Big enough that one by one colleges worldwide are falling under the same rhetoric. It's almost like setting your pieces for a Risk game.
>>
>>83745623
Queer, like "PoC", is a term that liberals got their hands on and now use it as an umbrella term for everything that fits their dogmatic criteria of wholesome and right in order to distinguish it from the evils of whiteness and heterosexuality.

In other words, it's used to reduce the corpus of human interaction to a black-and-white scope; sometimes, LITERALLY black-and-white.
>>
>>83744382
That's scrapping the bottom of the barrel, you shouldn't even count them in.
>>
File: not so bad.jpg (17 KB, 560x461) Image search: [Google]
not so bad.jpg
17 KB, 560x461
>>83747206
> Lost interest in sex over the years
> Can claim I'm asexual so maybe I have a chance surviving the extermination
>>
>>83746837
Unperfection?
>>
File: 1454182342972.png (191 KB, 273x391) Image search: [Google]
1454182342972.png
191 KB, 273x391
God, you people will find literally every opportunity to talk about tumblr. It's almost depressing.
>>
>>83748567
>welcome to 4chan
>>
>>83743555
Read a few dozen pages. Still less "cringey" than the average thread on /co/.
>>
>>83747125
Boston and Shaun, a horrible fat/stuffing fetish webcomic.
>>
>>83749251
Bazinga.
>>
>>83748567
In the future, please avoid using ableist terms such as "depressing" unless you yourself have been self-diagnosed with depression. Thank you.
>>
>>83743603
is this about inflation?
>>
>>83747034
>>83743555
Is it a rule that webcomics have to look awful?

Whens the next Dr Mcninja coming.
>>
>>83750459
Plenty of webcomics look good just like PLENTY of published comics look like absolute garbage.
>>
>>83750459
Is there a list of /co/ approved webcomics?
>>
>>83744156
Like every SJW genderspecial
>>
>>83747034
what? are they supposed to look alike?
>>
>>83743708
>animated segments put homestucks to shame
But that's not a very high bar.
>>
>>83744547
This.
It's not hard to believe that divorced from human contact or gender in someone's upbringing that it just wouldn't be something important.
>>
Maybe not the cringiest, but the story and characters of this one are super shit:

http://10kcommotion.com

Also pretty much the entire run of "The Lounge". Annoying Mary Sues galore.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>83744468
>Every day that I'm reminded CWC exists is a bad one
Don't worry, he's a very happy and mentally-balanced individual now.
>>
>>83743603
But op... you're beautiful
>>
File: 1465267313226.png (223 KB, 1800x1332) Image search: [Google]
1465267313226.png
223 KB, 1800x1332
>>83749478
I was diagnosed with depression by my psychiatrist. Is that enough?
>>
>>83752351
No, because only us transgender people know what REAL depression is, nobody else knows that true suffering and claiming otherwise would be a very transphobic and bigoted thing to say.
Psychiatrist are merely part of the patriarchy and they'll diagnose anyone who isn't trans as being depressed just to keep feeding these sexist practices against us.
>>
>>83745011
>counter-semitism is racism
We'll see how you feel when Rope Day cometh
>>
>>83745747
>I tought "they/them" was commonly used in the english langage, like when you don't know the gender of the person you're talking about. It's a pretty old thing.
Only if they aren't present or you're talking about a hypothetical person. Once you've met them, "they" is no longer correct.
Also it just sounds awful switching between singular and plural conjugations.
>>
>>83752445
First of all psychologist*
Second of all, you need a psychologist's permission slip to even become trans
So anyone rallying against psych practitioners would be hard pressed to start their transition any time soon
>>
>>83745812

/co/ objective standards for character design are whether or not they can fap to something.
>>
>>83753077
>psychologist*
>thinking you're actually correcting them
>>
>>83753295
Then it's surprising so many people seem to like SU.
>>
>>83753370

so many people hate it too. /co/ is divided between people who can fap to the gems and the people who can't.
>>
>>83753354
Look I don't believe in doctors so I don't really give a fuck
I just enjoy correcting people regardless of whether they're wrong
>>
I don't think Neo-Kosmos is bad its just bland and has terrible pacing. There is absolutely nothing gained from the Homestuck format, it would flow much better with regular comic panels. Homestuck at least had a reason for its format (imitating text-adventures) and was better at having actual action happen from panel to panel. Neo-Kosmos wastes panels, why do we need one panel for the character crumpling a paper and another to see it tossed away? Economy isn't just a factor of limited physical recourses but the audience's time and attention span.

The animatic format would work A LOT better if the text was horizontally parallel to the images instead of vertically parallel too, because having to scroll down to read interupts the illusion of movement that an animatic is supposed to convey.
>>
>>83753779
>I don't think Neo-Kosmos is bad its just bland and has terrible pacing
so bad, then?
>>
What's that comic about the woman with monsterously large breasts? It's drawn in mspaint if I remember correctly.
>>
>>83743555
Is it possible to write a story where personal identity is a theme without it being "Tumblr"?

I wanted to write a science fiction story where genetic manipulation has allowed people to change their race and/or gender.
Physical appearances are as easy to change as a set of clothes, and most humans go through at least one sex or race change in their lifetime.
>>
>>83753856
Jenffer's Show, I think.
>>
>>83753683
>Look I don't believe in doctors so

Wait what
>>
>>83744824
Except they don't? If they disagree on what God is, they're no longer talking about the same guy.
>>
>>83753893
Doctors don't real, anon.
>>
>>83753908
They all agree they follow the god of Abraham.
What that entails is the difference.
>>
>>83753870
Wouldn't people change their sex/race to the most advantageous one, though?
>>
>>83753893
The medical sciences are an invention of the Jewish illuminati to restrict access of critical information to only a select few "worthy" "doctors"
>>
>>83746467
Who is that?
>>
>>83754021
Daffy Duck: Diamond is Unbreakable.
>>
>>83753963
>Wouldn't people change their sex/race to the most advantageous one, though
A whole planet of Asian futas...imagine
>>
>>83754059
Oh my life.
>>
>>83753870
It is, if you don't shit on one gender. You will attract tumblr regardless though.
>>
>>83753077
It burns me up that people are turning a physiological disorder into an identity at the expense of any preventative research.
>>
>>83753870
>change race
Race is just subjective shorthand for various unrelated traits. You can just say genetics, which also includes sex.
>>
>>83747032
Right now there are men who are actually stopping women (and we're talking people who are born women here) from entering the bathroom just because they look a little less feminine.

It's fucking retarded.
>>
>>83754248
"WHAT A DISASTROUS EVENT!!!!!!!! THIS WILL TRULY ECHO INTO FUTURE DECADES!"

Fuck off.
>>
>>83754182
Why. It's not harming them. That's why the initial classification of a disorder has been called into question in the first place.
>>
>>83744945
>Reminds me of those tumblr comics of oppressed monster people being an allegory for minorities.
Link?
>>
How do I archive this gold?
>>
File: I'm_40%_Bender.jpg (19 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
I'm_40%_Bender.jpg
19 KB, 480x269
>>83745839
I'm 40% spic!
>>
>>83753957
Yeah, they don't agree on who that God is. None of their individual "Gods" would accept the praise of the other groups. In fact, all three religious texts deliberately close off the possibility of them being the same.
>>
File: 1463365688663.gif (853 KB, 235x277) Image search: [Google]
1463365688663.gif
853 KB, 235x277
>>83754288
Have you finished jerking off over that strawman yet?

Okay, cool.

Anyway, like I was saying, it's fucking retarded, and really hypocritical at that. It exposes how inane actually policing what "kind" of women should enter a bathroom really is.
>>
>>83754314
I think he's on about the webcomic Monsterkind.

It's not as tumblr as Neo-Kosmos but it's punches are not pulled.
>>
>>83754314
>Not harming them.
>>
>>83754351
Doesn't matter; it's not important. This is not a social issue.
>>
>>83754358
Transitioning in itself has not been shown to be any more harmful than not transitioning.
>>
>>83754303
No,it IS harming them, you fuckface. Gender dysphoria is hell and can't be cured even with transition, never mind the dangers of second puberty.
>>
>>83754395
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAU3SPYFsA

>Lies.
>>
File: 1463329752648.jpg (84 KB, 500x683) Image search: [Google]
1463329752648.jpg
84 KB, 500x683
>>83754393
If it wasn't, people wouldn't feel so strongly about it. That's what makes it a social issue. It is not about your singular personal opinion. There is a notion- "transgender people should enter the bathroom of the gender they identify as"- and there are people who strongly disagree based on how they view the validity of transgenders. That disagreement over whether trans should be treated across society as the gender they feel like they are is the core of the issue. That makes it a social issue.

Sorry if there aren't enough riots or shootings involved to make it all hip and exciting for you.
>>
My first webcomic ever was Stubble. Yeah.
He later made a less cringe comic called punks and nerds or something.
>>
>>83754303
>It's not harming them
Trannies have remarkably high chances of suffering depression and committing suicide. Not that it matters because transgenders have become the ultimate victim in modern politics, so anything they say or claim is instant truth. If a group of transgenders suddenly declared two plus two equal five, well, two plus two would equal five and all dissenters would be seen as problematic and quickly silenced.

Frankly, I kinda I wish I was a transgender now. I sort of want to enjoy that kind of power.
>>
>>83754453
Yeah that sure isn't a biased YouTube video. How about some actual studies or something? And not one that compares people who transition with cis-people since I know that's the only one you've got and it's completely irrelevant to my statement, unlike a study that compares transsexuals who transition with transsexuals who don't.
>>
>>83754502
>identify
Transgenderism isn't about identity.
>>
>>83754558
Everything is about identity nowadays. And identities themselves are political now. It's like the banners and the standards during the middle ages.
>>
>>83754524
You don't know what you're talking about. There are many other factors involved in that depression than just the dysphoria in a vacuum. That's like talking about the correlation between homosexuality and depression and saying homosexuality alone causes it, rather than society's expectations and treatment of homosexuals. You have fallen into the same trap of thinking that was all too common too recently.

>>83754414
Transition has been consistently shown to be a suitable treatment to the dysphoria.
>>
>>83754558

clearly a post made by a well-informed trans anon who wants to share their experience
>>
File: 1463456253026.jpg (53 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1463456253026.jpg
53 KB, 540x720
>>83754558
Oh I see you're using pedantry as a front to pretend you know enough to have this conversation.
>>
>>83746867
It's a red herring by the rich. They make it a big deal so that the dwindling middle class doesn't take their money away. The same goes for gun control but to a lesser extent.
>>
>>83754543
A study should have all three. Anyway, not him, but a study like that shows that transitioning doesn't work completely.
>>83754624
Suitable doesn't mean best. Inever said it didn't help at all, but that preventing the condition would be far more effective and is being purposely denied.
Also, gender dysphoria DOES cause depression on its own. It manifests regardless of social climate, unlike homosexuality.
>>
>>83754628
Are you being sarcastic? Because that IS the case.
>>83754666
I know that it's a disorder caused by physical problems and not because "I just FEEL thatway".
>>
The weirdest thing about this gender stuff is that every other movement so far was to let everyone have it their own way and go about doing their business without others messing with them. This one's about changing what everyone else is doing, now everyone needs to use Mx pronouns or it's offensive, men can't piss standing up or it's offensive and such.

It's completely retarded and it will only cause resentment.
>>
File: taller.jpg (27 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
taller.jpg
27 KB, 680x478
>>83754624
I'm not saying it causes it, I'm saying it's correlated. Mental illnesses often don't come alone.

And my point about transgenders being pivotal in modern politics still stands. If another group where complaining about, say, their lack of height, they'd get laughed at. But "progressive" orthodoxy mandates societies worldwide - expect Muslim ones - change in order to accommodate this 1% of world population. Because apparently that 1% is worth catering to, not loitering at Wall Street for.
>>
>>83754543
"This man has opinions therefore I won't listen to him despite him citing studies."
>>
>>83754502
It's not an issue. This is not a right. This is nothing. People caring strongly about it does not make it an issue.
>>
>>83754802

admittedly i'm surprised because you jumped into a conversation rebutting someone's post on the relevance of identity to transgenderism, but i'll take you at your word.

however, whether or not you are a true scotsman you cannot deny that transgender issues are deeply entrenched in identity politics. in fact political discourse is currently intensely preoccupied with the validity of your identity. not to mention that medical evaluation of your identity is a tremendous struggle within trans communities and for trans lives. and beyond that >>83754606 is dead right, all identities are heavily politicized at this moment in history.

if you're going to make a statement like "i am trans and trans isn't about identity" you have to explain what you mean because i'm frankly fucking baffled
>>
>>83753683

>I don't believe in doctors

what
>>
File: George_Orwell_press_photo.jpg (725 KB, 1100x1528) Image search: [Google]
George_Orwell_press_photo.jpg
725 KB, 1100x1528
>>83754875
>"A modern literary intellectual lives and writes in constant dread–not, indeed, of public opinion in the wider sense, but of public opinion within his own group. As a rule, luckily, there is more than one group, but also at any given moment there is a dominant orthodoxy, to offend against which needs a thick skin and sometimes means cutting one's income in half for years on end. Obviously, for about fifteen years past, the dominant orthodoxy, especially among the young, has been "left". The key words are "progressive", "democratic" and "revolutionary", while the labels which you must at all costs avoid having gummed upon you are "bourgeois", "reactionary" and "Fascist". Almost everyone nowadays, even the majority of Catholics and Conservatives, is "progressive", or at least wishes to be thought so. No one, so far as I know, ever describes himself as a "bourgeois", just as no one literate enough to have heard the word ever admits to being guilty of antisemitism. We are all of us good democrats, anti-Fascist, anti-imperialist, contemptuous of class distinctions, impervious to colour prejudice, and so on and so forth. Nor is there much doubt that the present-day "left" orthodoxy is better than the rather snobbish, pietistic Conservative orthodoxy which prevailed twenty years ago[...]"

I've been reading Orwell lately. His essays, mainly. And it's scary how his descriptions of the contemporary, pro-Communist English intelligentsia match SJWs' so well.
>>
The whole point of this thread has been lost so I'll just bring us into Godwin's singularity myself.

Adolf Hilter.
>>
>>83755296
>One ought not to pay any attention to Hitler's recent line of talk about being the friend of the poor man, the enemy of plutocracy, etc etc. Hitler's real self is in MEIN KAMPF, and in his actions. He has never persecuted the rich, except when they were Jews or when they tried actively to oppose him. He stands for a centralised economy which robs the capitalist of most of his power but leaves the structure of society much as before. The State controls industry, but there are still rich and poor, masters and men. Therefore, as against genuine Socialism, the moneyed class have always been on his side. This was crystal clear at the time of the Spanish civil war, and clear again at the time when France surrendered. Hitler's puppet government are not working men, but a gang of bankers, gaga generals and corrupt right wing politicians.
>>
>>83754351
Tayne?
>>
I believe gender dysphoria will never truly be cured until we can physically change someone's sex.

Anything else is just a delusion.
>>
>4chan unironically discussing gender

Kill yourselves this is worse than the Ubisoft conference.
>>
File: 1459269090386.jpg (125 KB, 536x694) Image search: [Google]
1459269090386.jpg
125 KB, 536x694
>>83747143
fuck colleges. they're all a joke anymore.

honestly, most people would be better off saving their money and learning a trade, since there's a huge hole in the blue collar job market due to everyone thinking they'll put themselves $100k in student debt and get an amazing job in some beautiful city.

reality is a cruel mistress - one who does not let you default on debt.
>>
>>83756162
I know right. I go to 4Chan to escape and mock gender bullshit.

These guys really do need to die of cancer.
>>
>>83756162
>worse than the Ubisoft conference
Explain.
>>
File: SUPREME EVIL.png (750 KB, 1250x1150) Image search: [Google]
SUPREME EVIL.png
750 KB, 1250x1150
>>83743555
is it better or worse than pic related
>>
>>83756278

Shut up namefag. No one cares about what you think.
>>
>>83757037
In case you haven't noticed. No-one cares what anyone thinks here.
>>
>>83747697
>jerked a ton to hentai and yiff
>no longer find real people attractive
>Too degenerate for the left to ever touch
>>
>>83756157
if the issue is a physical deformity in the brain, perhaps, though you'd be changing 99% of the body to fall in line with 1% of the body.
If you could do that it'd be cheaper, easier and probably safer to change the 1% to fall in line with the 99%.
>>
>>83748567
its because anon has a crush on tumblr
>>
>>83744382

I think for those, "cringe" is giving them too much credit. More like "a blight on this pure earth"
>>
i hate these fucking cringelord sjw autist tumblrina feminazi cucks with their stupid buzzwords, like who do they think they are
>>
>>83745102
Woah...

Really makes you think...
>>
>>83756949
I've jerked off a bunch to that comic even if I don't really read it or have any idea what's going on, so NK is worse.
>>
>cringiest webcomic
that would be the one where the autistic guy does weird ass pedo shit with his kid
>>
>>83762149
What.
>>
>>83762268
Fuck if I can remember the name of it, someone here should though.
>>
>>83756415
They opened with LOL RANDOM DANCING set to Don't Stop Me Now and somehow went downhill from there.

Not as cancerous as last year but that's not saying much.
>>
>>83762330
American Elf, NK is shittier though, at least AE has the benefit of being bizarre.
>>
>>83762433
Yeah that's the one
>>
>>83756162
>Forget E3 was today
>"Oh I wonder what I missed"
>Go to /v/ to see if there's any good news
>"THE MAIN CHARACTER OF THIS GAME IS A WOMAN IS THIS A SJW GAME???"

Both sides of this are getting pretty fucking cancerous to be honest. But whatever, is Nintendo tomorrow like usual or is it all done?
>>
>>83755214
George Orwell was a smart son of a bitch.
>>
>>83754314
Just play Undertale
>>
>>83762529

Did you ignore this >>83762369
>>
>>83743555
>Tumblr likes thing so that means I must hate thing meme

Hey OP, did you hear about how much SJWs enjoy breathing?
>>
>>83763998
i never took undertale as that
you sure its an example?
>>
Was there ANYTHING worthy of being excited about this E3? I'm drawing a complete blank
>>
>>83757595

>too degenerate for the left

Oh ye of little faith

Just wait a decade or two. Remember the underlying thesis of LGB tolerance and acceptance is not to reject people based on their sexual prefrences/habits. (T I leave out because it's about gender, not sexuality)
>>
>>83758003
Good point. What may make this more complicated though, is that although the systems that make up the physical expression of gender take up more space, obviously the systems that make up the internal/emotional conception of it have much more weight to the individual, or they wouldn't want to transition in the first place.
>>
>>83764487
Naked Norman Reedus with a baby attached to his bellybutton on a black sand beach full of dead sea animals
>>
File: exterior.png (922 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
exterior.png
922 KB, 600x960
Someone mentioned Monsterkind and that one grinds my gears in a very particular way:

The author doesn't know how to depict poverty.

I don't get the sense that she herself has lived through it because her naivete shows in her design decisions. So monsters are poor and oppressed but yet they still live in these spacious, clean looking houses? The neighborhoods look so neat. That isn't what poor neighborhoods look like. If you've lived in actual poor neighborhoods you'd know there are fewer green lawns and more fences, be they chain-link or wrought iron and main entries would have screen security doors as both an additional safety and low-cost AC alternative in the summer. The roads and sidewalks could look unkempt and cracked and shit with grass growing out of cracks. There could be trash and graffiti and kicked in publish trashcans or *something* but the environments look too nice and clean. Hell, throwing a grimy texture over it would help. I think two of the characters have an empty apartment but every other environment doesn't make sense to me.

I actually quite like the comic and find the characters endearing but the environments really strain my suspension of disbelief.
>>
File: interior.png (791 KB, 600x894) Image search: [Google]
interior.png
791 KB, 600x894
>>83764887
Here's an interior but there are lots of examples.
>>
>>83756243
Will just automate that , that what we've wanted since the turn of the century; a future where we have robots to do the work for us.
>>
>>83750683
yeah, here it is:
>>
>>83746837
The most pretentious comic of all time
>>
>>83764975
Nedroid
>>
>>83764887
Very sound criticisms. I would suggest sharing them with the author but it appears that her Tumblr doesn't accept anon asks/submissions
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.