[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writefag questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 34_Super_Sentai.jpg (626 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
34_Super_Sentai.jpg
626 KB, 1920x1080
How do you distribute screentime and development time to a wide cast of characters without sacrificing other aspects of the show?
>>
With great care.
>>
You either do it like Wander over Yonder or One Piece
>>
Simply ask for more episodes.
>>
>>83740487
One Piece has gotten bad at giving its characters proper attention
>>
>>83740455
I can't remember if it was Mark Waid or Grant Morrison who said it, but when one or the other was working on JLA in the early 2000's they mentioned a "rule of 7", the rule being that 7 is the most number of regular characters that you can have on a team and still give each one appropriate attention. That's why their JLA lineup had seven core members: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Wally West), Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Aquaman and Martian Manhunter.
>>
every character is the "MC" in their own storyline with each character crossing over as supporting characters or antagonists.
>>
>>83740455
How wide of a cast are we talking?
>>
>>83741176

You know, that tends to hold true for Sentai as well. On the rare occasions a team goes over 7 members, there's always one or two that get shafted.
>>
>>83743159
When they go over 6 those other members aren't full team members. Like in Dekaranger Doggie as the commander and couldn't go on missions all the time. In Kyoryuger the Spirit Rangers couldn't be there all the time because they were technically ghosts and as for Yayoi she was R&D and wasn't a full fighter. So they get put in the back burner. People like to cry filler but Super Sentai makes sure everyone of the core members get an episode to show their character/personality.
>>
File: 1455833336730.png (117 KB, 258x196) Image search: [Google]
1455833336730.png
117 KB, 258x196
>>83740487
Not OP.

But what this even mean? I dont whatch any of them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.