[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
>>
This is not groovy.

RIP Janet.
>>
Oh well.
>>
Shit, really? That sucks. I just recently watched I Know That Voice and she was on it.

RIP
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 1363x2086) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 1363x2086
>>83736907
Hey Booboo, I'm gonna be pounding the average bear tonight!

seriously, rip
>>
Well gosh darn
F
>>
Judy was the only thing that made those unbearable 80s episodes watchable.
>>
>Alan Young (96)
>Janet Waldo (96)
Fuck, the third is going to be June Foray, isn't it? She's the only other VA I can think of in her late 90's.

But really, I think Janet Waldo was the last surviving Jetsons cast member, so this is sad. Though lest we forget that she got cucked out of voicing Judy one last time when the studio decided to record over all her lines in the movie with the voice of some flavor-of-the-week pop star.
>>
>>83737333
>333
>the third

You just killed her, anon.
You're the reason June Foray is going to die.
>>
>>83737333
>But really, I think Janet Waldo was the last surviving Jetsons cast member, so this is sad
Given that the rest of the cast averaged 10 years older than her...
>>
>>83736907
Was she the first teenager main character in Hanna-Barbera cartoons?
>>
RIP
Judy a QT
>>
"I was already almost 40 when I got the role, so getting into it was a little bit difficult at first. I had to really think back on myself at 16 and what I was like."
>>
File: oLd_mAn_wAdE.jpg (74 KB, 436x645) Image search: [Google]
oLd_mAn_wAdE.jpg
74 KB, 436x645
Fuck that's sad to read right before going to bed

Pic related to Stan Lee when will you stop fucking the life force of others
>>
Why exactly did they boot her from the cast of the movie anyway?
>>
>>83739093
Braindead marketing/focus group studies mostly. They were afraid the Jetsons movie would just be a boomer nostalgia trip and kids wouldn't watch it unless they had some teenybopper icon on the cast that they could promote.

Of course it was a total disaster because Tiffany wasn't relevant anymore by the time the movie got released and she was also an absolutely awful voice actor.
>>
The thing is, the Jetsons TV specials in the 80s already did shift most of the focus onto Judy while George was the main character in the original series. Most likely this was because they wanted to market it to kids and Judy was a more relatable character to them, also George O'Hanlon was an invalid in a wheelchair and required a lot of TLC to still be able to voice his character unlike the still fit and healthy Janet Waldo.
>>
>>83737333
>Though lest we forget that she got cucked out of voicing Judy one last time when the studio decided to record over all her lines in the movie with the voice of some flavor-of-the-week pop star.

Wish someone would dig up her recording sessions if they exist and if/when the movie gets a blu-ray, it's an optional feature.
>>
RIP
>>
File: 1463821773182.jpg (61 KB, 976x734) Image search: [Google]
1463821773182.jpg
61 KB, 976x734
LOOKS LIKE I FOUND WALDO
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 614x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 614x800
>>
>Waldo provided voices for some of the most famous cartoons in TV history, but was perhaps best known for her vocal portrayals of Judy Jetson, Penelope Pitstop and Josie from Josie and the Pussycats. She was also the voice of Nancy in Shazzan.

Didn't know she was those other characters too.
>>
>>83736907
ahwww shit son, not here please
>>
>>83736907
RIP
>>
F
>>
>>83739199
>By the mid-1980s, nostalgia for the 60s was becoming popular and so Hanna-Barbara decided to revive The Jetsons and brought back its original voice cast of George O'Hanlon, Daws Butler, Mel Blanc, Penny Singleton, Jean Vander Pyl, and Janet Waldo.
>However, O'Hanlon suffered a stroke around this time and was left blind and suffering from limited mobility.
>He recorded dialog in a separate session from the other cast members by having all lines read to him and then recited one at a time.
>He died of a second stroke on February 11, 1989 while recording dialogue for Jetsons: The Movie.
>According to voice director Andrea Romano, O'Hanlon found it difficult to read and hear and in the end he died in the recording studio doing what he loved.
>The film was dedicated to him, along with Jetsons co-star Mel Blanc, who died later the same year.
>>
Aww... damn. Josie was a fave of mine back in the early 1970s. :-(
>>
>>83739199
>>83745166
I hate to think this is how it will end for Dan Castallaneta, but it probably will.
>>
>>83745576
Will his last words be 'Woohoo!" or "D'OH!"?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.