[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you made a fortune wrapping childish concepts into purple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Richard Stallman.jpg (99 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Richard Stallman.jpg
99 KB, 800x1200
If you made a fortune wrapping childish concepts into purple prose would you denounce it eventually?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>83730327
how can my feet smell if they don't have a nose?
>>
>>83733608
HELLO LIGHT
>>
>>83730327
Only if everyone who read it tried to rip me off for two decades instead of doing their own thing. Retards.
>>
>>83730327
>made a fortune

he lives in a terrace in Northampton OP

potentially he could be a very rich man, and I doubt he's been badly remunerated over the space of his career, but he's turned down more money than you'll ever earn and he could have been just as well off by his age if he'd had a senior management job in an average small company
>>
>>83734892
Who? Stallman or Moore?
>>
>>83734892
>potentially he could be a very rich man

He probably made a fortune when he was at Image and whatever Liefeld's post Image studio was called when he was working on Supreme
>>
>>83730327
Moore admitted in an interview that he said he didn't want any money from his movie adaptions to show his disdain for what they did to his writing.

Then the cheques for like three movies came to him and he stood by his word and denounced them all, despite really wanting the money. He admitted that holding to what he'd said publicly was more important than taking the money.

I have serious respect for that. I mean I'd take the money but I'm a weak weaselly human being. Moore actually stood his fucking ground.
>>
>>83736072
>Moore actually stood his fucking ground.
And passed the money right along to the artists
>>
>>83736136
Your point?
>>
>>83735567
He supposedly made a million an issue until the bubble burst.
>>
>>83736162
No I'm adding that as another good thing. It's the same reason he stayed at Wildstorm when Jim Lee sold to DC. He already promised work to the artists he was going to work with so he stayed on. Despite his strong personal feelings he didn't want to fuck over other people looking for work
>>
>>83734892
Is he still getting residuals from Watchmen or V for Vendetta?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.