[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Supergod
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (660 KB, 2560x1978) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
660 KB, 2560x1978
What did /co/ think? What was the point of the Rastafari god?
>>
>>83724992
To tell stoners can't into science.

LOL
>>
>>83725257

Ironically rastas hate stoners, as they smoke just to get high.
>>
>>83724992
>What did /co/ think?

Entertaining garbage.
>>
>>83725336

Just like everything /co/ likes.
>>
>>83724992
Pretty cool. Don't even remember what you're talking about.
>>
File: XIJyvMv.gif (1 MB, 479x344) Image search: [Google]
XIJyvMv.gif
1 MB, 479x344
>>83725360
And everything we hate. Our love. Our anger. And all our sorrow.
>>
>>83724992
I liked it until the Cthulhu thing.
>>
>>83726177

Yeah. I mean, it was a really cool visual, but why on Earth would the Chinese god make its weapon look like that?
>>
>>83724992
I really like the fact that Mushroom tri man won by just sitting on his arse all day.
>>
>>83724992
I have never seen this cover before.

Got anymore Supergod covers I might not have?
>>
>>83724992
Y'know making a superhuman seems to be really fucking easy in Supergod world. If a group of Somalians with fuck all resources could do then anyone could.
>>
>>83724992
Fucking loved it. Great character designs.
>>
>>83726646
But according to the author, the somali and the Venezuelan ones literally exploded and left a crater where a country used to be. So not really anyone.
>>
File: supergod-2.png (1 MB, 1185x468) Image search: [Google]
supergod-2.png
1 MB, 1185x468
Bionic man suddenly going gay for Blue Curry was kind of strange

glad 4chan-man an hero'd all over their asses
>>
>>83724992

I don't remember that one cyborg on the left. There was a Rastafari god in this?
>>
>>83727262

Jerry thought that he was dead, and that he was being shepherded from heaven back to Earth to do his missions. Then, when he got to India, he saw that Krishna actually was trying to create heaven, and that it was closer to what heaven actually should look like. Krishna was probably just grateful that finally, someone understood what he was doing.
>>
What's the three headed one from?
>>
>>83727376

The cyborg on the left is the Rastafari god.
>>
I really hope this never gets made into a movie.
>>
>>83728090

Why not?

I mean, don't fear; straight up anti-religious stories never get made into movies, but still.
>>
>>83728143
Because I don't think any rendition will do the comic justice.
>>
>>83728210

I dunno. I think Del Toro could do something interesting with it. But he'd never get the funding from a studio.
>>
>>83724992
Selassie was to show that not all countries who tried, and assumedly there were many, successfully created gods, it was a mix of science and pure luck.
>>
>>83727558
i get that, but if you were to meet Jesus or God would you suddenly open mouth kiss them? super gay

>>83727896
UK
>>
>>83728427

Sure I would. He was a pretty good looking dude. He'd have to shave first, though. Beards are a no-go for me.
>>
>>83727896
England. She's basically the god of science.
>>
>dude we're deconstructing belief and faith lmao
>see look at this christian imagery

roll my eyes every time

religion didnt start with christianity
>>
>>83728427
I think the murikan god being a fag was funny as hell
>>
>>83728539

Christianity is the dominant religion in the west. It's the frame by which the west views religion.
>>
I liked SuperGod a lot, but also felt it kind of went nowhere. Shiva just trolling everyone, anytime any other character gets close Shiva just pointlessly annihilates them.
>>
>>83728627

I'm not sure how Krishna was as ridiculously OP as he was. I mean, how was he able to manipulate inorganic material like he was?
>>
>>83728688
None of the Gods seemed to have 'rules' to their powers,really. Just themes.

Did seem pointless building up the one who can control human bodies for half the series, then killing him in two pages.
>>
File: nanomachines son.jpg (99 KB, 839x703) Image search: [Google]
nanomachines son.jpg
99 KB, 839x703
>>83728688
>I'm not sure how Krishna was as ridiculously OP
>how was he able to manipulate inorganic material
>>
>>83724992
Interesting premise marred by a sub-par execution.
>>
some cool ideas
just doesnt end up going any where really
>>
Storytime when?
>>
>>83724992
>What was the point of the Rastafari god
To laugh at Jamaica
>>
>>83726327
All of the supergods are representations of what their countries do to their people. USA turns people into deluded, broken veterans, UK turns theirs into stoners and wankers, China turns theirs into human tools
>>83728508
I sure as hell would if they looked like Krishna.
How do you turn down a kiss from God?
>>
>>83735387
When Mike Tyson Mysteries and Game Of Thrones aren't just finishing
>>
>>83735566

>China turns theirs into human tools

I got that; I just don't understand why the god would make its weapon into a Cthulu looking monster.
>>
>>83735585
Fair enough.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.