[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/, what are your thoughts on Blade? I just watched it again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Blade_movie.jpg (22 KB, 260x350) Image search: [Google]
Blade_movie.jpg
22 KB, 260x350
/co/, what are your thoughts on Blade?

I just watched it again for the first time in like 10 years, and I was surprised at how good it holds up.
>>
File: Sd_lamagra.gif (72 KB, 459x265) Image search: [Google]
Sd_lamagra.gif
72 KB, 459x265
Deacon Frost is the greatest Marvel villain of all time

Literally THE BEST
>>
>>83724701
Pretty good has a lot of flaws.
wesley snipes as balde was just perfect.
>>
>>83724701
This and Blade 2 are comic book movie perfection.
>>
I think Snipes as Blade gave one of the most badass performances in any superhero adaptation ever.
>>
>>83725055

"Some Mother Fuckers Always Trying to Ice Skate Uphill"- Blade before burning Deacon's bitch boy faggot underling.
>>
Back when Goyer wasn't a hack writing movies for which he wasn't suited.
>>
Is Blade Trinity worth watching in a so-bad-it's-good way?
>>
>>83725171

Someone post Wesley being so high that he couldn't open his eyes so they had to CGi blade's eye
>>
>>83725171
NO It's dogshit
it will only make you mad.
>>
>>83725207

http://snipeseyes.ytmnd.com/
>>
>>83725171
Yeah kinda. I still think "Drake" was pretty cool.
>That werewolf at the end
When is marvel gonna get it together and give us some horror movies? Jack Russell when? Hellstrom when?
>>
CGEYES MAH BOI
>>
JC DENTON IN DA FWRESH
>>
>>83725087
>"Some Mother Fuckers Always Trying to Ice Skate Uphill"- Blade before burning Deacon's bitch boy faggot underling.
The best part about that line was the story about it being added into the movie after someone overheard Snipes say it off set.
>>
>>83724701
I always thought it was pretty shit tier tbqh. Terrible dialogue, terrible characters (apart from blades mentor, he was cool), etc. The costumes looking really stupid nowadays is just the cherry on top for me, but people seem to enjoy it and, hey, fine by me.
>>
>>83724701
Blade 1, Blade 2 and the Spike TV series were ace and are still some of the best quality comic book interpretations we've ever had.

Trinity was a shit show, though.
>>
>>83725449
>the costumes look stupid

What costumes? Blade doesn't do "costumes".
>>
>>83725481
There was that one time he wore dayglo spiderman costume
>>
>>83725481
Fine. The clothes. You happy now?
>>
My favorite comic book movie one of the best action movies ever
>>
>>83725459
>Trinity was a shit show, though.
shitshow

It was a goddamned mess. The only good thing was that one vampire girl's delicious legs, thank god for runners. THAT'S IT!
>>
>>83724701
Second best Marvel film after First Avenger
>>
Donal Logue is Quinn.
>>
Blade just hits the ground running. From the moment he shows up in the club scene he never stops being the coolest or the baddest dude on screen
>>
>>83724701
I like the second one best.
>>
>>83725309
Werewolf?
>>
>>83728046
At the end of Blade 3
>>
>>83728046
>Ryan Renalds and his other vampire hunter pals show up at a previously vampire owned club
>The owner, an ex vampire said something like "The hell are you hunting? There are no more vamps"
>One of the hunters replies "we're hunting something else"
then what I remember is a werewolf throwing Ryan Renalds through a wall
>>
>>83728046
>>83730601
>>83730647
Found It, alternate ending but it was the oly one I remember seeing
https://youtu.be/CskDT9c5PB4
>>
>>83725087
>"Some Mother Fuckers Always Trying to Ice Skate Uphill"- Blade before drop kicking a syringe of anti-vampire serum into Deacon Frost's goddamn forehead .
fixed
>>
>>83725778
>>83725459
Trinity, like X3, had some great bits in it that shined through but just didn't make up for all the crap.

I hated Dracula. Not only him being a super ancient Dagon, but his human form was too thuggish altogether.

I didn't mind the Night Stalkers as much as I should have though and of course Jessica Biel was fucking awesome..
>>
>>83724701
It holds up because it and the second one both are top notch action films. The choreography and fighting will always be awesome. Thats why you can still watch Jackie Chan movies from 40 years ago and enjoy them. What wont hold up are the cgi and quips that other marvel movies are full of.
>>
YOOSIT
>>
>>83725778
>The only good thing
Eh Dracula's monstrous form was pretty fucking menacing and well realized special effects wise.
And Biel was a solid female character.
>>
QUESTION - How was the Blade anime?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.