[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGq ylsonGZY I still don�
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8
File: death_battle_joker_sweet_tooth.jpg (36 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
death_battle_joker_sweet_tooth.jpg
36 KB, 620x349
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGqylsonGZY

I still don't see how a normal non super powered Joker can kill a demonic hellspawn like sweet tooth with just laughing gas. What a lame way to end the battle.

On a side note those narrators are super annoying and unfunny and if they got rid of them it would up the quality of the videos tenfold.
>>
>>83718927
>watching death battle
There's your problem.
>>
>>83719143
You've got me there. Their older videos used to be entertaining.
>>
>>83718927
>Goku not beating superman
>Yet Batman can
They're completely Comic book biased i.e. DC heroes always win, no matter the logic
>>
He won because of plot armor,not skills, like always.
>>
>>83719811
Batman has prep time and knows Superman's weaknesses
>>
>>83719811
>>83719856
Goku fights based solely on power, Batman uses underhanded tricks and does anything he can to win. It's all a matter of personality. And the fact that DBZ people would have no way of knowing Superman's weaknesses.
>>
File: 1465497312322.jpg (136 KB, 1912x796) Image search: [Google]
1465497312322.jpg
136 KB, 1912x796
>>83718927
>Fullscreen is forcing Achievement Hunter to have crossovers with these cunts
>>
>>83718927
>>83719817
>>83719811
Give me an example from that fight scene where logic failed.
If Joker and Sweet Tooth, this is exactly how it'd turn out.
>>
>>83719811
>DC heroes always win, no matter the logic

Spider-Man killed Batman though
>>
>>83718927
Joker Venom is laughing gas on steroids
Needles has no counter to it
It was only flammable in The Batman cartoon
>>
>>83719811
Batman V Spiderman
Hawkeye VS Green Arrow
>>
>>83719856
>>83719886
Goku is far more powerful than Superman in every single way
>more plot armor
>If you kill him he'll just come back a thousand times stronger, as we've seen before
>Instant transmission
>can literally destroy a galaxy with no effort
>could vaporize Superman
in new DC movie, superman almost died to nucleur bomb, goku could create literally x1000 with no effort.
>if needed goku would go to different planet, and destroy entire planet with him on it, as seen with kid buu
>>
>>83718927
>>83719921
This
>Explain how Joker Venom causes suffication from laughing fits
>Go on to explain how Needles dies of suffocation by being locked in his daughter's coffin
Seems pretty cut and dry that the gas would work on him.
>>
>>83719914
Oh so Spiderman can kill Batman, but Goku can't kill Spiderman??
>>
>>83718927
>batman can beat superman
>batman cant beat joker
>joker > superman
>thinking the personification of "lol im such a nerd xdd and randumb" would lose to anyone
>>
>>83719990
Spiderman's spider sense counters Batman's stealth tactics
Also Death Battle has no prep time and Batman doesn't know about Parker's weakness
>>
>>83720020
Batman beats Joker all the time though.
>>
>>83719914
>>83719940
I was referring more to DC (comic) heroes always winning over anime characters, but the fights between Comic book characters are typically more fair
>>
>>83720025
This still makes no sense on account that Batman can coordinate to counter his spidey sense
>>
So we all agree that Goku can beat Batman, Who can beat superman, but can't beat Spiderman, but Goku is more powerful than Spiderman, yet for some reason can't beat Superman, whom is for some reason weaker than Batman, whom is for obvious reasons weaker than Spiderman
topkeke Comic book Nerd logic right there
>>
>>83719973
But he didn't suffocate. He broke out of the coffin and dug himself out.
>>
>>83720025
>>83720095
The way death battle works forces Batman to not fight the way he usually operates. He needs to do detective work to find out Spiderman's weaknesses and exploit them, but in order to do that he would escape in the first encounter. Death Battle is a random encounter fight to the death with no prep time, which is basically the opposite of what Batman does.
>>
>>83720154
No that was his son who became the new Needles Kane
>>
This series may be better if they used the same continuities for each character, instead of pulling feats from different versions.
>>
>>83720225
And get rid of the annoying voice overs with shitty sitcom teir jokes.
>>
>>83720343
Gotta bring in the Reddit audience for those easy bucks.
>>
>>83719811
You only watched one battle, didn't you?
>>
File: Jq7ChEx.png (912 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Jq7ChEx.png
912 KB, 960x540
>>83719970
>>
>>83720223
I thought that was a different game?
>>
>>83718927

It's fucking Death Battle, man. None of the shit they do follows any sort of logic or reason. They pick who they like best and then make up a bunch of bullshit to support their choice.

That's how it has always been, and how it will always be. Just accept it and it'll stop bothering you, trust me.
>>
>>83719970
>in new DC movie
>movie
There's your problem.
>>
>>83720171

Good. Fuck Batman, what a disgusting Mary Sue.
>>
>>83720020
Batman beats the Joker all the fucking time.
>>
>>83720993
Did Batman put you in jail? Are you a suspicious and cowardly criminal?
>>
>>83721090

It's Superstitious
>>
>>83721122
Yeah, don't know why I put suspicious. I think I'm just out of it right now.
>>
>>83720820
It was Twisted Metal 2012
>>
>>83720883
Doom killed Vader
WarGreymon slaughtered Mega Charizard X
Flash annihilated Quicksilver
>>
>>83719811
Get over it Gokufag, he can't win.
>>
>>83719970
Superman is far more powerful than Goku in every single way
>more plot armor
>If you kill him, he'll just come back and hold back less, as we've seen before
>Thousands of times faster than light
>Can literally destroy a solar system with a sneeze
>Could vaporize Goku
In new DBZ movie, Goku literally gets killed by a tiny laser, Superman shoots lasers more than 1000x stronger than that from his eyes with no effort.
>If needed, Superman would drag an entire Solar System of planets on a giant chain just to save their inhabitants
>>
>>83718927
Didnt they point out that the joker venom was effective against the whole justice league which includes wonder women who is a greek half god build from clay and freaking superman who should be immune to most toxins?
>>
>>83718927
>I still don't see how a normal non super powered Joker can kill a demonic hellspawn like sweet tooth with just laughing gas
The same way him getting buried alive killed him, but in all honesty should have been a double KO
>>
>>83722324
That seriously sounds like Joker wank. Why do they always do shit like this with Joker just because he's popular?
>>
File: 1462686993064.png (258 KB, 351x364) Image search: [Google]
1462686993064.png
258 KB, 351x364
>>83722415
>now there are three runnig arround
>>
>>83722324
>build from clay
Not any more she is
>superman who should be immune to most toxins?
Based on what?
>>
>>83722623
Shit, when did this stupid crap happen?
>>
>>83723255
Last week
>>
>>83720144
It's rock paper scissors rules not straight up DBZ powerlevels rules, which is retarded.
>>
>>83720993
>arrogant
>cold
>distant
>loner
>mary sue
>>
>>83720041
You mean the ONE time it's happened?
>>
>>83718927
Guide to interpreting DeathBattle:
- take the result they say is right
- assume the opposite is correct which is about consistently more sensible than what they write
>>
>>83726865
Well, twice. Both in the rematch, which ironically included new form for Goku that made him more powerful than pretty much most beings in the universe, but it wasn't enough to stop DeathBattle crew from being superfags.
>>
I also can't stand the narrators. They suck ass.
>>
I love how they violate their own logic.

>Original Goku vs Superman ends with a dual KO.
>SSG Goku, way way stronger then SS4, which they acknowledged as his strongest form at the time, isn't even able to faze Supes.
>>
>>83731288
Supes has plot armor
Goku does not
>>
>>83731498
Except, in what's supposed to be a fair and unbiased fight, that does not exist.
>>
>>83725874
>Edgelord mary sue
>>
>>83719912
The part where Needles got out of the car instead of wondering how the stain on the pavement would look with Sweet Bot's foot on it. The part where Needles has fooled Calypso before and knows when someone is trying to play him. The part where, by their own explanation, Needles would cut him off and just shank the bitch because he's apparently a mindless psycho.

Also the part where Sweet Tooth used literally no missiles other than the Laughing Ghost, likely because they didn't want to have to model the launchers popping out.
>>
>>83731623
Plot armor is a crucial Superman character trait. He is THE guy.

The rationalization of his super strength is ignorable. He is Superman. He is the strongest there is.
>>
File: 1412107854156.jpg (267 KB, 483x600) Image search: [Google]
1412107854156.jpg
267 KB, 483x600
>>83719811
>DC heroes always win
Wonder Woman lost to Rogue AND Lightning
>>
>>83731288

What the fuck are you talking about? Superman came out of that fight without a single scratch.
>>
Death Battle has always been bullshit. Why do you care? They often forget their own logic just to favor a character, see Gaara vs Toph
>>
>>83731677
>The part where Needles got out of the car instead of wondering how the stain on the pavement would look with Sweet Bot's foot on it.
Have you ever seen "Commando", Anon?
>>
>>83719905
>implying AH is that much better
>>
>>83731779
No I have not but I have a feeling I've heard references to it.
>>
>>83731706
Lightning was during a One Minute Melee
No research, animator decides
>>
>>83731824
Basically, at the end of the movie, the main character pulls that exact same trick. He tricks the psychotic villain into trying to kill him at melee range instead of just shooting him.

>"Come on Bennett, throw away the chicken shit gun, you don't just want to pull the trigger, you want to put the knife in me, and look me in the eye, and see what's going on in there when you turn it, that's what you want to do, right?"
And it works. Bad guy charges him with a knife, he dodges and impaled the bad guy on a steam pipe.

Look it up, it's a classic Arnold Schwarzenegger 80's action flick.
>>
File: 1402009521200.jpg (258 KB, 783x1000) Image search: [Google]
1402009521200.jpg
258 KB, 783x1000
>>83731827
>implying they don't simply pick their favorite and use "research" to cover their asses
>>
>>83731729
At the end of the first battle, Supes was left unconscious, floating through the rubble of what used to be the planet Earth.
>>
>>83731971
Anon, the last scene was him opening his eyes again and flying away, while all that was left of Goku as his boot.
>>
>>83731912
Needles isn't just a mindless psychotic though, he's fairly deliberate with how he goes and he's just as willing, if not more so, to try the impersonal, unconventional way of killing someone just to see how it looks and how different he feels. He isn't Joker, he doesn't need a show and if he doesn't care if he blows someone up or shanks em in the gullet so long as he sees them die. I mean, the fucker gets his jollies off mainly by shooting cars and seeing the people in them blow up rather than stabbing.

Also, he has been through enough of Calypso's bullshit to realize when he's being played if they're actually taking parts from all incarnations. In Head-On he makes direct mention of "playing Calypso's game" for a while and knows how to turn it around on him. Joker telling him how good it feels to stab somebody means jack shit when he's stabbed more than enough people to know how it feels. Needles has been around the block more than enough times to know not to get out of the car.
>>
>>83722712
>Based on what?
He's fucking Sueper.
>>
>>83731971
Death Battle only ends with a death anon, not knockout.
>>
>>83722712
>Based on what?
The fact that he is an AYY LMAO god-like entity. Having the bastard able to be killed by some mustard gas would kind of ruin the point of that.
>>
File: dante_vs_bayonetta_by_weremole.jpg (290 KB, 638x919) Image search: [Google]
dante_vs_bayonetta_by_weremole.jpg
290 KB, 638x919
I'm still salty about Bayonetta losing to Dante.
>>
>>83732141
Segata Sanshiro VS Chuck Norris ended in a draw with neither losing
>>
>>83732092
They establish that Needles likes killing his vtims upclose.
>>
>>83732164
That was a joke fight, rules mean jackshit in those.
>>
>>83732164
>Chuck Norris
Did they seriously do a fucking outdated Chuck Norris meme pandering one?
>>
>>83732183
And the games establish he's fine with shooting them or blowing them to bits and that he's also clever enough to win Twisted Metal and occasionally outwit Calypso.
>>
>>83732202
Still some fights have different types of outcomes although they are rare

like Wily vs Robotnik where Metal Sonic wins
>>
>>83732161
Sol Badguy > Ragna > Dante > Virgil > Sephiroth > Bayonetta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KxjGn30PDA
>>
>>83732222
Yes, and Calypso manipulates loonies who have never heard of getting a lawyer to help them with wording their wishes so they don't get fucked over.
>>
>>83732161
Eh, I'm sure Bayo has much more raw power than Dante, especially for offense, but I haven't played Baoynetta so I can't be particularly salty. And Uncle Dante is pretty high tier.

>>83732377
Calypso also stole his power from a demon and it is apparently enough to end the world as we know it. Him fucking around with mental patients aside he is still a very smart and powerful entity to somehow build the Twisted Metal competition and stop any sort of intervention.
>>
>>83718927
It's called Death Battle Exhibition. No research. No narrators. Just the battles. That's what you want.

That or One Minute Melee.
>>
>>83719811
No. Batman would lose too. No preparation is allowed.
>>
>>83732492
He also never thought to think to put a "no demons allowed" rule in his game to prevent minion the chance of getting his power back. The reason why Twisted Metal is a thing is because Calypso uses demon magic to tell people they get to go fuck themselves rather than charisma.
>>
>>83731623
Superman was never fair to begin with.

Goku had to build his way up to being strong. Superhack is at the fucking infinity point and has been there since the very beginning.

They said this the first time Goku fought Superman. And they did it again to show that Goku going Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan won't make a fuck of a difference.

Getting closer to infinity does not surpass infinity.
>>
So what results can we agree are fair and correct, and which ones for the right reasons?

Shao Khan vs Bison is definitely right along with Samus vs Boba Fett (though not nearly as big of a stomp as it should be).
>>
>>83732769
Doom and Vader.
>>
>>83732825
Vaderfag tears are glorious.
>muh, muh forcechoke
>>
>>83718927
>demonic hellspawn like sweet tooth
Needles is not a demonic hellspawn, he's only a serial killer.
He's only kinda related to hell in Black, because of the whole soul being condemned by the preacher thing
>>
This thread is bitching about free entertainment. If ya fucks want to go out and research two fictional characters and make them fight to the death in animation go ahead and put out your own Battle series for attempts of profit from YouTube advertising and subscriber's on a website you made.

Until then imma watch this series and think eh pretty good fights, and reasonable outcomes with the research presented about both characters.
>>
>>83733357
Shut the fuck up you whiny autist
>>
>>83733357
Funny thing. Spoony tried to do just that. He was only able to do the Mecha Godzilla vs. Dragonzord episode. He was unable to continue afterwords.
>>
>>83733496
Nice response, put a lot of thought into it did you?
>>
>>83731288
In the rematch fight they flat out admit they just made the first one look like a close match for fancervice but Supes could have ended it in an instant
>>
If Goku had more practice with the Power Pole he would have a pretty damn good chance of winning.
>>
>>83733945
He can practice on Superman's power pole.
>>
File: Commissioner_Gordon.png (394 KB, 543x480) Image search: [Google]
Commissioner_Gordon.png
394 KB, 543x480
>>83733994
You forgot to post your picture.
>>
>>83719811
The only times Batman could """beat""" Superman ever is by playing on Superman's good nature. The entire end of TDKR is Batman depending on shit he's set up and the help of green arrow and his robin to just beat a Superman trying his hardest not to hurt Batman, then it ends with Bruce dead.

Superman literally roflstomps Batman almost every time they actually fight.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.