[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We fix DC cosmic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: 3.png (567 KB, 457x700) Image search: [Google]
3.png
567 KB, 457x700
Rainbow Corps not allowed.
>>
>>83715377
>we gotta fix DC cosmic, guys!
>don't use one of the best things to happen to DC in the last decade tho
>>
>>83715377
There's a Few other changes to be made but ops was the best one
>>
>>83715377
>We fix DC cosmic

Put magical aliens. I loved it when Dream was talking to that alien plant thing.
>>
>>83715455
>one of the best things
>Rainbow Corps

Their story is done. Stop beating the bloody smear that used to be a dead horse.
>>
>LOSH
>Lobo
>Adam Strange
>>
>>83715377
Dc seems to do well with super cosmic, even if it's just relying on Vertigo.

Average space adventures seem much less decent outside the Lanterns, and those could do with a rest soon.
>>
>>83715824
New gods don't count as cosmic there from a seperate dimension
>>
>>83715948
Also I have to disagree about large stuff in general I'm mad they time skiped past staro
Come to think of it why dident they release any miniseries detailing adventures that happened during those 5 years
>>
>>83715377
>Rainbow Corps not allowed.
Go home Venditti.
>>
You bring back L.E.G.I.O.N. probably spinning it out of Omega Men (who you maybe also bring back in a less 'THIS IS THE WAR ON TERROR' way)
>>
You need two fronts to take on cosmic.

One is you need a big comic that paints the large picture of large interconnected galactic forces and their interactions

Second is you need small comic about a character and his series of episodic and independent adventures on various places.

If you just have the first it turns into GIANT SPACE WAR #209. If you have only the second space feels small and no sense of unity and a disjointed universe.
>>
>>83715377
>Idea 1)
Take Simon and Jes and send them on a good will/recruitment drive for the green lantern corps. Get them landing on planets and sorting their shit out. Murders, missing persons, feuds... just boots on the ground type stories. For an overarching villain/antagonist have someone like the dominators/khunds actively sowing unrest with about the green lanterns.

>Idea 2)
Take a Pantheon of the Earth Gods (my choice being Wondys horde) and have them be exorcised from Earth and they attempt to settle a new planet as their own, trying to sculpt a better world than the Earth they left behind. This leads them to being attacked by galactic forces who have a stake in the chosen planet.
>>
>>83715377
Bring back Legion of Super-Heroes(already in the works), and bring back L.E.G.I.O.N.
>>
Non of you idiots are actually coming up with ideas though.

>Gather lesser known heroes who can work in space: Comet, Vril Dox, Blue Beetle, Adam Strange, Voodoo, Star Hawkins
>make them the new R.E.B.E.L.S.
>put them in a Green Lantern book whose writer can be assed to write a good arc or two that involves them
>update Thanagar, Rann, Tamaran, Maltus, and whatever other planets they have as forces to be reconned with.
>Turn Thanagar and Rann into major empires who can challenge the L.E.G.I.O.N. and may even cause problems to the GLC.
>update the Spider Guild and the Dominion. Let them actually kick ass once in a while.
>sprinkle with elements of political thrillers, war stories, spy fiction, etc.

There, the first step.
>>
>>83716174
What about the Reach?
>>
>>83716139
That's a very good point anon
>>
>>83715377
Expand Vega System
Expand the relationship between earth and Galaxy. Better if earth try to move the position in the Galaxy
Expand the mystery part of universe, better if it's use cosmic horror
Expand what corp do, not turning it to millitary but actualy work as a corp
>>
>>83715377
fuck DC cosmic. DC only strong at magic
>>
>>83715377
We should get Pasqual Ferry to draw more books.
>>
File: 1279225339.jpg (448 KB, 1600x1229) Image search: [Google]
1279225339.jpg
448 KB, 1600x1229
>>83716139
You just said Nova from Marvel basically and the 2 wars he did. But then again I thought that was marvel's best thing.
>>
make a new aberrant six
>>
File: 1459217470197.jpg (256 KB, 1144x601) Image search: [Google]
1459217470197.jpg
256 KB, 1144x601
bring back best boy
>>
Honestly try forcing people into it like they did 10 years ago with the constant Rann/Thanagar stuff. But make it better than that.
>>
>>83715377
DC Cosmic suffers from overreliance on New Gods way worse than overreliance on the Lantern Corps, unfortunately. Really, as long as the book can tear itself away from those two things, it usually manages to be pretty interesting. LOSH is not a good book to show it off though if only because LOSH always gets mired in shitty convoluted continuity and shocking gore.
>>
>>83719857
I wouldn't say gore is common to LoSH at all really and I've read every issue. There was just some stuff in the latest run that went there.
>>
>>83720040
I'm talking mainly about the latest run with that part, it felt like a Teen Titans book at points. The convoluted continuity and clusterfuck problems are more consistently an issue, especially with most of the cast looking like fairly similar humans. It's hard to even remember the entire cast for LoSH, let alone all their planets and settings. It's a story that needs a shitton of streamlining.
>>
>>83720181
I think the Johns Action arc showed how to juggle the cast well and be somewhat introductory to a thicker continuity without being offputting. Just need someone like that to get a whole run going. I don't know what writer would be good though (but you never know, I wouldn't have picked Bedard for REBELS v2 and it worked out).
>>
>>83715377
First of all, people have to want to buy DC cosmic. Everything but Lantern stuff flops.

REBELS, LOSH, Omega Men, etc all went on because of DC's goodwill rather than sales.

Having big arcs in Superman and GL, having the titles be spin offs, pushing them, and putting more well known characters in the books may help some, but not a lot. Marvel's been trying to push the Inhumans for forever now and they can barely stay at 20k-30k, and DC simply doesn't do things like that much and they can't even push well known writers on them cause they only have Snyder and are working on King.
>>
>>83720465
>First of all, people have to want to buy DC cosmic.

This is difficult and I'm not sure how you fix it. Ideally the Telos book had the right idea (launch cosmic stuff out of an event), but Telos himself is a nothing character no one cared about and Convergence was just a mess. It was just doomed to fail.
>>
>>83721291
Well 1989's Invasion created LEGION which lasted in some form until 96.
>>
>>83723031
I'm not even sure if a non-lantern cosmic event is even plausible these days
>>
>>83716174
This is some good stuff. Honestly I think what DC Cosmic needs, first and foremost, is some defining galactic empires. You've got Rann, Thanagar, the Dominators, the Spider Guild, the Psions, the Durlans, the Reach, the Citadel and the Khund, but we have no idea who's top dog, which empire's hate each other (apart from Rann/Thanagar). What we really need is a title, GLC would probably work best, dedicated to not expanding the DC cosmic, but taking all the various pieces that exist and building them together into a framework that is consistent, if not necessarily logical.
>>
>>83715377
>fix DC Cosmic
>take one aspect of it out
No. Fixing would require incorporating it all.
>>
File: 1292205208766.jpg (463 KB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
1292205208766.jpg
463 KB, 1600x800
>>83715377

fuck you I like the skittles
>>
>>83715377
It just needs a decent space book like REBELS

They tried with Threshold, it didn't work out

They tried again with Telos, it still didn't work.

Maybe we'll get another title that pops up when a series gets the axe in Rebirth era.
>>
>>83728064
The sales numbers on REBELS itself along with Omega Men prove that just being good doesn't solve the problem.
>>
>>83727169
You have to admit its conception does seem a little creatively bankrupt, but some cool stuff has come out of it
>>
>>83728226
I think it would have been worse if he came up with everything on his own but Sinestro's ring and the Star Sapphires were already there so execution aside it was kind of a logical extension of things.
>>
>>83716174
>Thanagar and Rann again
Please, no.
>>
>>83717335
>Expand Vega System
They've got to stop blowing up planets in it first.
>>
>>83727169
Wait there's that many fucking colors I thought there was just red green and pink
>>
>>83729396
Oh and yellow I knew about yellow
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.