[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beast Wars is generally considered now to be one of the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: Cheetor.jpg (522 KB, 2048x1480) Image search: [Google]
Cheetor.jpg
522 KB, 2048x1480
Beast Wars is generally considered now to be one of the best Transformers shows with people who dislike it being a minority....of course this would have much to do with the people who grew up with it being older now, but it's still funny to think there was a time when lots of Transformers fans were against it

And in retrospect, the idea must have seemed really odd to geewunners who were older when it came out, what do you think Transformers these days could do that would shock people that way? Also, are there any cartoons in general out right now that people are vocal about disliking but will be remembered very fondly in the future by kids who watched it?
>>
>>83707431
I think the best (and riskiest) way to revitalize the trasformers series is to just reset everything, no optimus, no bumblebee, no megatron, no cyberron, just do everything new and without legacy characters
>>
>>83707431
I rember people crying it sucks because it was different. And that Optimus is not a truck, even though it was a completely different character. You know, typical shit autists do.
>>
>>83709390
Enjoy literally zero money
>>
>>83707431
I remember it started pretty campy. And with those graphics it reminded me of early Reboot.

But it got pretty damn good. The sacrifice of Dinobot is famously good, everyone loves that episode and character. Plus when I was a kid the idea of Dinobot swapping over to the good guys for the sake of Honor was the first time I'd seen something like that.

And I loved the later seasons, when the crazy upgrades half the characters got, the crazy shit with the Tiger and hawk one fusing into a super badass, and then even farther on when the third transformation happened to the Cheetah one. That was badass as hell... And of course it got really crazy at the end when Optimus takes in the OG Optimus' spark and turns into... what was that? A fucking helicarrier or something? It was amazing to my young mind even if all I have are vague memorys of a flying shape covered in guns. Oh and then randomly Megatron turns into a dragon to one up that.
>>
>>83709390
What about the very beginning of the Great War? With Sentinel and Zeta Primes failed efforts to regain control and stop the civil war.

It could focus on a small squad of new characters against pre-Decepticon terrorists.
>no humans
>no reliance on robots in disguise mentality
>>
>are there any cartoons in general out right now that people are vocal about disliking but will be remembered very fondly in the future by kids who watched it?

Teen Titans Go!
>>
>>83711141
>Teen Titans Go!
This is probably true man...

I remember when Teen Titans first came out I was at the age where watching cartoons was less cool to me, and honestly I used to LOATHE Teen Titans for being what I saw as too different from the DC cartoons I grew up with and pandering to anime nerds

It's ironic for me to watch the little shits who loved it grow up and hate on a new show themselves
>>
Make them Transform into humans
>>
>>83711120
Anon, that's a great idea man. 10/10 would watch.
>>
>>83711120
But how would they be able to call it "Transformers"?
>>
>>83711120

>no reliance on robots in disguise mentality

What's the point then?
>>
>>83714367
To be fair, it certainly would be shocking and possibly cool...but it wouldn't likely work either since no transforming
>>
>>83707431
TRUKK NOT MUNKY!
>>
>>83714946
>TRUKK
Who cares about what they transform into? Not like they do it anymore.
>>
>>83711141
>>83711665
It's amazing how that show averages out to be a middle-of-the-road series - it reaches incredible highs, and terrible lows, sometimes back-to-back. If it manages to avoid overstaying its welcome, it'll be one of the best shows in the network's history just by not falling apart near the end of its run.
>>
>>83707431
I didn't watch the show until Toonami showed it for a week. Then I started watching it in syndication.

Why was Beast Wars so based but Beast Machines shit?
>>
>>83715079
>Why was Beast Wars so based but Beast Machines shit?
Beast Wars took the spirit of G1 and "mutated" it for lack of a better word...it's a true successor and still completely different.

Beast Machines, in my humble opinion, was the opposite of that....it was a successor but not in spirit. When I watch Beast Machines I feel like I'm not watching someones unique idea of how Transformers progresses but instead somebodies unrelated concept for a show that has been given a TF paintjob
>>
File: the didiot.jpg (53 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
the didiot.jpg
53 KB, 600x338
>>83715079
This guy was the head of Beast Machines. That's why it was shit.
>>
>>83715079
Beast Machines was great. It was just very, very bad as a sequel.
If they'd used an unrelated cast of Maximals, it could've been great.
>>
>>83714338

They would still transform.
>>
>>83715475

...That explains everything.

'Beast Machines' is the 'Countdown' to 'Beast Wars' s '52'.
>>
>>83707431
>having some details stay true to tvcg faceting
neat
For a studio that used some absurdly rounded hi-poly models I wonder what Mainframe decision was to keep polycount down on those parts
>>
>>83714367
Generation 1, the second motherfucking episode:
>Jazz, why do you guys turn into cars?
>Disguise, Spike! Bedides, it sure beats walking.

"It sure beats walking" is a very important and viable reason, anon.
>>
>>83711665
>It's ironic that people just hate a bad show that carries the same name

Not sure why this is a problem for TTG but not a problem for nuPPG unless you're being contarian.
>>
>>83707431

Transformers who can turn into people.
>>
>>83715900
Pretenders?
>>
>>83707431
The premise was stupid, the animation looked like crap, they gave the leader (basically) the same name as Truck Dad. Yeah, no wonder people didn't like it. But then people watched it, and it was written and put together well for what it was.
>>
>>83714338
>>83714367
I meant the mentality from the show Robots In Disguise where every episode they deal with stupid shit like hiding giant robots from humans by pretending they are animatronics.

Shit was so dumb they had a guy who would just put on different hats pretending to be different officials. Part that pissed me off the most was the guy pretended to be in the military with a full on beard and never once gets questioned.
>>
>>83715880
I was saying it's ironic FOR ME to watch little faggots who liked a show I utterly despised because I felt it was inferior to what came before it grow up to hate shows with the same attitude even though I still think their show is garbage.

Point is, older generations don't always get what's appealing to the younger ones.
>>
>>83716161
>Point is, older generations don't always get what's appealing to the younger ones.
What's appealing to kids isn't the same as what's the best quality. There's a plethora of shit shows from the 90s that were shit even back then despite their popularity and the ones that were good still hold up even now. TTG is shittied on pratically everyone that isn't a kid so its reception won't change in time in fact its guaranteed to age horribly alongside nuPPG.
>>
>>83716230
Old fans said the same thing about Beast Wars. I still say Teen Titans was shit and did back when it first aired. What's your point? Your opinion is better than mine? Fuck off queer.
>>
AHAHAHAH, NOW WHO'S RIGHT? NOW WHO'S POPULAR?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Too bad I'll get branded with being a hipster for saying I liked it from the start.
>>
>>83716718
Hipster
>>
>>83707431
Literally robot furries
>>
>>83707431
It still makes no sense to me.
Yeah, I get that whole wild energon radiation of whatever meant that mechanics unshielded by organics would get fried, but why would they even need to transform into an unshielded form? Wouldn't it make more sense to just shield their robot forms instead of only having their alt-mode protected?

In the original, the autobots developed transformation as a means of hiding from decepticons on cybertron. When they got to earth, both sides were using transformation to blend in with mankind's technology so they could operate without causing too much of a disruption, but there was no society to disrupt in Beast Wars. Megatron just decided to become a big purple dinosaur for no real reason.

I get that it was to sell toys, and dinosaur toys were selling better than toy cars at the time, but they didn't do nearly as good a job of explaining it in-universe in Beast Wars as they did in the earlier shows.
>>
>>83715079

I remember reading somewhere that Hasbro tried to recaptured the lightning in a bottle that was Beast Wars by going for a crew that knew almost nothing about Transformers, and kept them in the dark. Explains plenty of shit though. Beast Machines is not a bad show, hell it touches on some really mature themes like fanaticism, PTSD, being handicapped, the effects brainwashing has on a person, mindrape, etc. It's just a shitty Transformers show and an even worse Beast Wars sequel.
>>
>>83718651
Apparently the words "story over continuity" were heard uttered.
>>
File: sad_optimus.jpg (106 KB, 923x865) Image search: [Google]
sad_optimus.jpg
106 KB, 923x865
>>83707431
YFW we will never get Cybertron Civil War cartoon nor anime
>>
>>83711041
It was done by Mainframe Entertainment, they also made reboot
>>
>>83707431
>what do you think Transformers these days could do that would shock people that way
Humans and Autobots are equal comrades
All of the people and governments of Earth are behind the Autobots and on the offensive against the cons
>>
>>83718252
>but why would they even need to transform into an unshielded form? Wouldn't it make more sense to just shield their robot forms instead of only having their alt-mode protected?

Their ships weren't built to do that. the Maximal ship was an exploration vessel meant to help them do research on another planet. this included taking on the forms of native life to blend in. This was repurposed as a way to protect themselves on prehistoric Earth. They couldn't just make skin suits for their robot modes, if that's what you're suggesting.

Later on, though, the Transmetal process actually does give them sort of "skin suits", but by then the raw energon is mostly gone making it moot, and the transformation angle is mainly for transportation.

The Predacons had stolen their ship and so they likewise had to make due with what they had.
>>
>>83707431
I have nothing against Beast Wars, it's just that using them for Masterpiece toys seems like a waste of slots in that line.
>>
>>83722644
>MUH G1
Back to /toy/ with the rest of your ilk.
>>
>>83711041
>And with those graphics it reminded me of early Reboot.
Because it was the second TV project of the people that made ReBoot.
>>
>>83722644
>slots
pfffhahahaha
>>
>>83718252
Alternate forms also allow for abilities that robots forms don't, such as increased speed, strength, mobility, etc.
>>
>>83711120
I vafuely contemplated the adventures of a Decepticon General who gets fed up with the war and defects
>>
>>83718872
I hate this no faceplates thing
>>
>>83725083
Good thing he has one then
>>
>>83725157
how often does he use it tho?
>>
>>83725528
all the time
>>
>>83707431
>beast wars is now considered one of the best Transformers shoes with people who don't like it now being a minority...

Keep telling yourself that, furfag. That show was shit. I watched it, I tried to like it, but it was terrible and ugly.
>>
>>83727923
Sup, G1Prowl.
>>
>>83718252
>Wouldn't it make more sense to just shield their robot forms instead of only having their alt-mode protected?
It's not that chose to shield the beast mode, the beast mode WAS the shield.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.