[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making Fiends Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Vendetta-smile.png (138 KB, 479x360) Image search: [Google]
Vendetta-smile.png
138 KB, 479x360
"This tentacle fiend will make good use of Charalote!"

What did she mean by this?
>>
Vendetta was a bitch
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsMQrD5f5rY
>>
Not sure that line was in the series.
>>
>>83694515
Did they release a DVD? only remember it being in low def streaming. Which seems about right given how near no one cares about the show.

>>83694579
And now the theme along with 'Swiss Banker' is stuck in my head.
>>
>>83694623
It's on amazon. There's a link to it on the making fiends website

http://www.makingfiends.com/
>>
File: 1458343148761.png (669 KB, 756x540) Image search: [Google]
1458343148761.png
669 KB, 756x540
>Her Name was Vendetta
>She had a Vendetta against a girl
>>
>>83694579
https://youtu.be/qHKl0YMojQc
>>
>>83694653
>completely forgot it started as a web series
Man, they fucked over the creator pretty hard by just sitting on it but not letting her do anything.
>>
>>83695176
I always hated how networks treat shows they make based on web series. Most shows that go down this route usually end up tanking and the original creator isn't allowed to continue the web series. Even then the creator could end up kicked off their own show.
>>
File: 1458533094181.gif (946 KB, 320x190) Image search: [Google]
1458533094181.gif
946 KB, 320x190
>>83695176
So that's why new animations have never come out since the series started, other than the April Fool's ones.
Why is Viacom so fucking jewish?
>>
>>83695402
Well all networks do it as they don't want to run the risk of the creator ruining the image of their newly bought property, or trading it over to a different network after it flops on the first one.

It's just a unfair part of the field that you can't really do much about except maybe recreate it in a different packaging (Like how scaredy Squirrel on cartoon network was just a Jimmy Two shoes from Disney but with animals instead). It's why a lot of online shows turn down actual cartoon offers or some cartoon creators will never produce their dream idea as they don't want to loose it.
>>
I loved the web series. I was so excited when I heard they were making a TV show. Then Nick killed it for no reason.

At least I still remember the Swiss Banker song.
>>
>>83695861
They put it on its Nicktoons network block and at poor times. I don't know why Disney and Nick thinks its a good idea thought it was a good idea to put their animated shows on a premium channel. Every show that goes to those channels (except gravity falls apparently) always seems to die due to a lack viewers.
>>
>>83695764
Oh, that makes more sense. Viacom has just been known to be pennypinching as fuck (like with the youtube copyright lawsuit over nineties cartoons in 2007).
What other shows did this happen to? I remember that one show about that cancerous orange airing on CN being canned.
>>
>>83696062
FRED wasn't allowed to make live action fred anymore on his Youtube, he got around it with making a animated version for a little while but they made him stop after a while. The live action show and not being allowed to make any online skits with the character anymore caused an uproar among fans, he experimented with his channel for a bit before completely canning it about a year ago.

The annoying orange was actually able to have a special contract that still let them make online skits even while the tv show was airing due to its popularity and the shows taking place in different areas but I don't think they can make another TV show without buying rights back from CN.

Eddsworld received several requests from different networks to produce a show based on the web cartoon but he denied it as he didn't want to risk loosing it or them altering the format.

We bare bears is actually based on a web comic, while the show is doing great now, the creator isn't allowed to make anymore comics with the characters.
>>
>>83694515
>>Stop pretending to be things!
>>You are not things!

I loved this show.
>>
>>83696062
>>83696671
The boondocks started out as a comic before becoming a tv show. While he was still able to make the comics, he was eventually fired off the production over his own show during one of the later seasons before it got cancelled.
>>
>>83694515
Man I loved this show, it was nuts
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.