[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any good /co/ material about the French revolution,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Is there any good /co/ material about the French revolution, napoleon, or the napoleonic era?
>>
>>83686089
I only know of an issue of Neil Gaiman's Sandman set during the Reign of Terror.
>>
Napoleon really seems like a good candidate for a long form graphic biography. A lot of cool visuals in his life. The French Revolution, trek down to the Middle East, battles on the Nile and the pyramids, wars throughout Europe, exile to Elba, war in Russia etc etc
>>
>>83686089
Time squad did some Napoleon episodes
>>
We need more material about great monarchs in general, especially this dude.

>saw his family get skewered alive
>spent his time playing elaborate war games with children with real cannons filled with rubber balls
>outkeikakud his way into the court
>was there on the shipyards working with Slavs to make Russian boats cause the fuckers just liked boats so damn much
>went to western Europe to literally be a classical dnd adventurer with a party and everything
>had revenge and decapitated the people who killed his family himself
>had to deal with a neet son

He's a fucking fantasy character come to life
>>
>>83686089
That episode of the Powerpuff Girls where Mojo babysits them
>>
Maybe there's some French comic on the topic?
>>
>>83686089
Read a book.
>>
File: histoiredefrancebd17[1].jpg (57 KB, 400x491) Image search: [Google]
histoiredefrancebd17[1].jpg
57 KB, 400x491
You got The History of France in Comics, a suprisingly good series from the gauls to modern era. It got a few heavy hitters on the art, like Milo Manar (without foetal acoholic sydrome on the faces, even!)
I got 3 issues about the french revolution and the empire.

There is a ton of fiction bande-dessinées about that period, too.
>>
>>83686382
What is his name
>>
File: Agincourt-01.jpg (248 KB, 1300x1785) Image search: [Google]
Agincourt-01.jpg
248 KB, 1300x1785
This is my favorite comic about the french
>>
>>83691351
i think his talking about peter the great but im not sure
>>
>>83691416
>Height: 6'8''
Holy shit dude
>>
>>83691442
too bad he didnt have the frame for that height
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.