[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly how can people be fans of the the X-Men.I mean get that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: UXM-0500-1024x518.jpg (225 KB, 1024x518) Image search: [Google]
UXM-0500-1024x518.jpg
225 KB, 1024x518
Honestly how can people be fans of the the X-Men.I mean get that there have been some great runs over several series and some of the older stories were really good ,but with so many characters divided in so many books it sometimes feels like a clusterfuck of events constantly being referenced that you'll get confused by if you don't know the last 5 years of X-Men books.And the stupid race metaphors
>>
You don't have to have read everything to be a fan of what you have read.
>>
>>83686073
It's better than the avengers in the 90s and 80s
>>
>>83686073

Why is Land good at drawing "monsters" like Beast or Hulk but awful ar drawing women?
>>
>>83687976
Someday, people will come to appreciate Jacket Avengers.
>>
>>83686073

This is how I do it

Read Claremonts Uncanny X-Men and New Mutants, read the first run of X-Factor. these all end in 1991 iirc

from the rest of the 90s, only read Peter Davids X-Factor, Generation X, and the Age of Apocalypse event.

from 2000 on
Morrison's New X-Men
Whedon's Astonishing X-Men
House of M Event
Peter David X- Factor (he was given the book again)
Messiah CompleX crossover
Remender X-Force
Dark Avengers attack on Utopia
Schism Event
Gillens Uncanny X-Men
Avengers vs X-Men
Consequences of Avengers vs X-Men by Gillen
Spurrier's X-Men Legacy
Cullen Bunn's Magneto
>>
>>83686073
Xmen appeals to women and faggots the most
>>
>>83688136
Because all he does is trace women and remove the hips
>>
>>83688390
>Houseof M
>Schism
>AvX

Why would you want someone to put themselves through that horseshit?

As much as /co/ hate people who use them, there's a reason wikis exist.
>>
>>83688390
I would add Generation Hope and Second Coming to this list.
>>
>>83688390
I just read Giant-sized all the way to when Generation X formed and everything along the way. That's what made me the X-men fan I am today.
>>
>>83688144

I know
>>
>>83686073
A lot of things post Claremont just ape his shit.

The only time The Avengers were better than the X-men was in the silver age
>>
>>83689296
House of m is shit. But feel like schism and avx are good insofar as their development of Cyclops. One thing I enjoyed was getting to the end of avx, seeing Scott throw up them criss wrists, and thinking 'holy shit wait....do I now like cyclops'.
He went from one of my least fav xmen to one I really came to appreciate because he had some cool fucking growth. They're worth it just for that. To see the evolution of marvels big boss.

To bad bendis squandered the spot Scott was left off at. Man I could only imagine if they had given that book to remender instead.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.