[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Rose Quartz evil? Is she Pink Diamond?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_20160611-000108.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160611-000108.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
Is Rose Quartz evil? Is she Pink Diamond?
>>
>>83676015
>is Rose evil?
Unfortunately, I doubt it. It would be a great twist to shatter the ultimate person Steven looks up to and make Steven rely on himself to build himself up as a character, but I don't think they'd do that. They seem to prefer le almost-perfect Saint Rose.
>is she Pink Diamond?
She's a Quartz.
>>
>>83676015
>tumblrshit
>>
>>83676015
Is Rose Quartz evil?
I doubt it, though they might be setting up something where she turns out to be much more morally grey than it seems
Is she Pink Diamond?
While prior to the answer occams razor made it seem likey, Blue and Yellow diamonds' appearances have shifted its trajectory
>>
>>83676212
>She's a Quartz
It's still likely that the Diamonds are fusions. They're significantly larger than any other gem. Rose could be a piece of Pink Diamond
>>
>>83676264
>shitposting
Delete this.
>>
File: my original oc.jpg (47 KB, 598x605) Image search: [Google]
my original oc.jpg
47 KB, 598x605
>>83676393
there is nothing wrong with shitposting my dear friend
>>
>>83676982
Maybe if you're from a certain site that starts with an R.
>>
>>83676366
I really don't think that's true at all, the strpnger gems seem to be bigger, for example jasper and rose are bigger than ruby or peral. Plus most fusions have extra limbs/eyes etc, all though garnet only has 2 arms somehow and it would explain why their society is against fusion, it could be a conspiracy to stop other gems being as strong as a diamond, but that doesn't really work because something like 30 rubies could join together and probably fight a diamond.

My guess is rose quartz was one of pink diamonds closest subject/followers and she convinced pink diamond to try to negotiate with the other 3 to save earth, they refused and pink diamond said she would fight to defend earth and was shattered for it, rose then led the rebellion after their leader was killed and they were in despair.

Thoughts?
>>
>>83676264
>Comics and cartoons
>On my /co/
>>
sorry not really lol but you and this garbage thread aren't allowed right now
>>
>>83676015
why else would her eyes be covered? Also Steven's conversation in the car with his dad before The Return/Jailbreak adds to this.
>>
>>83679123
does this look like a general to you, friendo? :-)
>>
>>83676015

There's nothing yet to suggest that she is. At the most we only have a faint clue that at one point she was destroying worlds for their gems along with the rest of Homeworld, though changed her mind for Earth for whatever reason. I bet she thinks she is, or at the very least was and questions her own motives.

As for her being Pink Diamond, that's pretty much disproven at this point, as we know size is an extremely important factor on a gem's status on Homeworld, and we've seen that Yellow Diamond is absolutely massive, while Rose is nowhere near that size. She was likely a high status warrior gem like Jasper, though.
>>
>>83677305
couldnt agree more. that would explain why pink diamonds monuments/symbols are destroyed/wiped out/hidden.

unrelated, but i also think pearl was a gift to rose from ponk diamond.
>>
>>83676015
No for the first, but there may be some truth to the second. I could believe the lieutenant or fusion theories or Jasper us PD and smaller than the others for a littany of reasons or just shapeshifted into a smaller form. I definitely don't think that's clear yet though, at all. Main thing that is suspicious is just:

1. They didn't show PD
2. Her owning Pearl

But there could be other explanations for that and if she why PD why wouldn't Jasper have known?
>>
>>83679156
>Yellow Diamond is absolutely massive, while Rose is nowhere near that size
But her being so fat compensates for the lack of size.
>>
I don't believe Rose Quartz is evil, but I don't think she's as benevolent as she seems, at least not in the sense Steven and Greg seem to think. I believe she might have only wanted to protect the Earth because she wanted to possess it, not because she felt any kind of moral imperative.

It's pretty clear she didn't want to go through with harvesting the Earth because she found the myriad lifeforms that thrive there to be fascinating and even beautiful. However, there is a very large difference between admiration and understanding, and as we saw in one of the flashbacks, Rose had almost NO understanding of human life, and even found the idea of respecting humans to be laughable.

She did pledge to try to understand, but it's thousands of years of habit to unlearn- I very much doubt she was able to do it between the time she had that talk with Greg and Steven's conception.

I think it's more likely she realized that understanding and respecting humans would take time she didn't have, as it wouldn't be long before Homeworld would be stopping by to check up on the progress of the Cluster.

In my opinion, Steven is her attempt to fast-track that road to understanding- and also, I think, intended to be a weapon when the time came. Rose was a wartime general for thousands of years, I don't think there's any chance should have entertained the idea of having a child with Greg without making use of Garnet's future vision to learn what the child would be like. Then knowing the things Steven would one day be capable of, she had to have understood the strategic importance of a human/gem hybrid possessing the abilities of a gem while being immune to conventional gem weaponry. When the time came to fight back against the Homeworld, Steven would be the strongest asset she could muster.
>>
>>83677305
>rose then led the rebellion after their leader was killed and they were in despair.

Doesn't feel like it fits with Garnet's description of the time around the start of the rebellion in The Answer. It is possible she just left it out of her story for whatever reason, but that's kind of an odd thing to avoid mentioning like that.
>>
>>83679801
This reminds me of Jor-El and Lara not coming to Earth with Superman because they were as much products of Krypton as Dru-Zod.
Rose knew it was too late for her, she wanted there to be a savior who could understand why humanity needed protecting.
>>
>>83679801
>it wouldn't be long before Homeworld would be stopping by to check up on the progress of the Cluster

If she knew that, why didn't she tell Amethyst Garnet or Pearl about it? Or, heck, she could've even maybe told Greg.
>>
>>83679920
Because she amde a deal with them.
>Rose couldn't have known
>>
>>83676015
>Is she Pink Diamond?
If she was, Steven would've pointed it out on the two separate occasions he saw obscured (to the viewers) murals of Pink Diamond in Serious Steven and It Could've Been Great.
>>
>>83676015
>Is Rose Quartz evil?
Nothing points to her being evil.

>Is she Pink Diamond?
I think she use to be.

My personal theory is that Pink Diamond invented the "Kindergarten" technology in order to birth gems into the world at a much faster rate. Because natural occurring gems take thousands of years to form. She really just wanted to bring more life into the universe. Everything was fine when they were just using planets full of primitive single celled bioligical life to form a few dozen gems at a time. Pink Diamond saw carbon based Biological life as any other resource in the universe.

Soon the Gems discovered that they more complex the biological lifeforms used in a kindergarten the larger number and more powerful Gems were created.

While out exploring for suitable Kindergartens sites, Pink Diamond discovers the first Intelligent and sentient biological life the Gems have ever encountered. After getting to know and care for the natives Pink Diamond hurries back to home world filled with a new respect for biological life and to convenience her Fellow Diamonds to put a stop to any future Kindergartens. the other Diamond over rule her and informed her that the Kindergarten was actually activated as soon as she left the planet.

The sight of the skeletal reminds the life forms, the destruction a entire civilization and knowing it was all her own doing was too Much for Pink Diamond. The despair cased her Gem to fracture.

Fortunately due to the unique nature of the Diamonds. The 2 halves of Pink diamond formed two new beings. Pink Diamond Animus would go on to be know as Lion. and Pink Diamond Anima would later call herself Rose Quartz and Lead a rebellion against the Diamonds for all life everywhere.
>>
>>83676365
I don't know why, but there's something about how I forgot >'s that causes my post to come off as being pretentious
>>
>>83680402
That sounds more like fanfiction than a theory.
>>
>>83676015
1. No. Rose loved all living things, no matter their form, but that love drove her to slaughter her own kind by the thousands. It may surprise you that good people can still do questionable, even horrible things, given the circumstances. When the crew says "there are no real villains", it also means heroes aren't always heroic either.

2. No, and nothing in the entire series thus far has hinted even slightly at such a huge development, ever. Then again, even Word of God doesn't mean shit to the theorist trash still determined to die on that hill.
>>
>>83676015
They wouldn't dare. That suggests they just used that reference without caring what it suggests, though. Maybe that happens a lot.
>>
>>83676015
le daily reminder that rose quartz is evil and streven is a weapon
>>
Quick question. I don't really like the designs, I'm not into waifus, and I'm pretty sure the only thing I'd care about is the world-building and sci-fi elements of the show. Is there enough in there that'd be worth it to make the plunge, or is it safe to wait a few years for the end and then browse through a synopsis on TVTropes or whatever during a drunken night?
>>
>>83681822
The world building moves at the pace of a snail moving against high winds on a patch of ice for much of the series. Character drama is like 1/3rd of the show so other elements often take a backseat to accommodate it.
>>
>>83681822
the world building and sci-fi elements are paper thin. This is a character driven drama cartoon.
>>
>>83681843
>>83681863
Right, I'll make sure to gently steer clear of spoilers so that I can have an interesting night some time down the road. Cheers.
>>
>had +5700 years of human boy toys
>still doesn't understand humanity

Fuck how shallow were her relationships before Greg?
>>
>>83676212
Steven doesn't seem like he actually looks up to his mom. He hears about all the cool shit she did from all her dickriders, but he's made it clear on at least a couple occasions that he doesn't really know what to think of her himself because he never knew her. He also has a vague understanding that he IS her, which is complicated enough on top of making him feel a lot of pressure to live up to this person whose dick everyone is still riding 14 years posthumous.

Also, it'd be kind of stupid. So far we've gotten some hints that Rose might have been kind of fucked in the head and possibly not as selfless as she was made out to be, but her being an evil mastermind who created Steven as a weapon would be too far in the opposite direction and so out-of-left-field tonally, it would probably ruin the show. Wanting that is a symptom of watching too much anime, but so is this show, I guess, so I dunno.
>>
>>83681822
>browse through a synopsis on TVTropes
Better plan, kill yourself. Or just fuck off entirely. Either way, if you can't be assed to form your own opinion of something to actually experience it, you're pretty much just taking up space that could be used for a wiki page synopsis of how useless you were.
>>
>>83681888
None a' them could give her the murdercock. It was Greg's Atom Bomb Dong that finally implanted an empathy bun in her oven.
>>
File: 0.gif (954 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
954 KB, 500x281
>>83681925
>Steven doesn't seem like he actually looks up to his mom.
His emotion about his mom are complicated!
>>
>>83682054
Could you be with a pink humanoid ayylmao that's had thousands of boyfriends before you?

Keep in mind you'd probably have to compete with hardcore debauch fuckers like the Romans and literal Nubian princes.
>>
is the soundtrack the only remarkable thing about SU?
>>
>>83682107
>Could you be with a pink humanoid ayylmao that's had thousands of boyfriends before you?
Yes, 100% yes. 1000% yes. Think of all the lusty trick she must have learned throughout age. She must have some forgotten knowledge no other woman know.

There is experienced women. And then there is Rose Quartz. She is a whole other league of her own.

having sex with her can only make me better at it.
>>
>>83682183
I like the lore.
And Pearl's reaction faces.

And sometimes, it manage to have some good fight scene.
>>
>>83682107
An immortal gynoid golem is a special case. If she limited herself to one, that one would have died off long ago and yeah you'd get your pure maiden at the cost of her ever putting out. I don't think Gems can catch or carry human diseases so safety isn't an issue, besides making sure you're always on top (if you're not wearing a hard hat). And emotionally she'd be fucked up regardless of how many there were before you.

But sometimes you just gotta have that giant, ancient pussy.
>>
>>83679123
Just because you don't like SU doesn't mean we can't talk about it.
Go back to your Star or loud house thread and stop complaining about shows you don't watch because you have shit taste friendo
>>
>>83682434
liking SU doesnt certify that you have good taste either
>>
>>83680861
Never believe ians shit. Or anyone who woks on a show to tell the truth.

Why the fuck would they give away plot points of future episodes for thier show? Would you? I would personally lie to fool viewers so when the time came they'd be more surprised.

Anyway, I think rose is evil in the way a serial killer is. She has no true empathy for human life, she was just fascinated by them.

Have any if you ever listened to her talk? Like really listened to her she sounds like a kid who kills small animals because it's interesting to see how they die.

Jesus you're all so blind to it. It's plain as day that she's a sociopath who cares about nothing and no one. That's why she made Steven, so she could feel things.

Compare how she acts to other gems and see what I mean. She's less empathetic than jasper.
>>
>>83676015
>is rose quartz evil?
they dont have the guts to pull that off, so no
>>
>>83682570
It wouldn't mode much sense, narratively. People only entertain the thought because "wouldn't it be cool if Rose was evil all along", but as thing are, it would just be hack writing for the sake of twist and chock value.

What we have seen established so far clearly indicate Rose was genuine in her will to protect the earth.

what they have done instead is starting by depicting her as a perfect person, only to see this image crack and realize she has some flaw and wasn't this perfect projection the CG was painting her as.

this is a much more interresting approach, IMO.
>>
>>83682559
I do agree that in the flashback episode it sounded like even when speaking to Greg she clearly didn't hold respect to human life. She protects it for the same reason she will protect moss, just general interest. The fact that humans are sentient like gems doesn't even seem to matter simply because we only live for what is a blink of the eye for most gems.

They're like elves, and who doesn't hate fucking haughty knife ears?
>>
>>83682559
>Have any if you ever listened to her talk? Like really listened to her she sounds like a kid who kills small animals because it's interesting to see how they die.
I noticed that too, but I don't think it's the way you see it. It's more like how a person might care about an animal. There's a clear difference between "Awww, look at the cute little furry thing" and "I wonder how hard I have to pull on this furry thing's cute little head before it comes off". However, there's also that similarity of regarding a living creature as sort of an amusement.

I think Rose only had good intentions for humans and earth creatures in general, but you're right that she couldn't truly empathize with them. She's a magic rock presumably manufactured for war, or probably more specifically to protect things. I think at some point, though, she realized she wasn't cut out for the job of protecting these creatures, and she reformed herself in a way which she could have all the power to protect Earth plus the built-in empathy to do it right, experiencing life through the eyes of a native earth creature. Steven is literally Jesus.
>>
>>83682559
She sounds like a mad scientist who experiments on small animals to see how they live
>>
>>83682915
Steven is Crystal Space Jesus
>>
>>83683705
Not really. She is more like Dian Fossey, having observing and living with Ape and having grown found of them and trying to do everything she can to protect them.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.