[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kill Six Billion Demons - KSBD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: WON91.jpg (772 KB, 950x1229) Image search: [Google]
WON91.jpg
772 KB, 950x1229
Kill Six Billion Demons

>Grip of Fear
>>
oh so that's what happens to those girls
>>
File: time to get our umbrellas.png (13 KB, 584x111) Image search: [Google]
time to get our umbrellas.png
13 KB, 584x111
>>
>>83673561
oh dear
>>
Will be posting part 2 and 3 of Aesma and the Red-Eyed King, since part 2 was posted a few days after the last update.

>Aesma and the Red Eyed King
>Part 2

>Ogam was perplexed, but he was saved when Boratus of the Silver Scales smashed into him with his six-wheeled chariot and knocked him off his feet, sparing him an answer. The other ten gods of justice leapt upon Ogam at once with their clubs and staves and holy rods, and began to beat him savagely. Aesma found this uproariously funny.

>“You, wicked one!” said Ys-Perator the Crown of Truth, “How can you stand there and cackle? Begone. We are punishing the tyrant Ogam for his drunken transgressions with the Mistress of the Petal Tower.”

>“You’re doing a terrible job of it,” pointed out Aesma, snorting with laughter. It was true. Ogam had grown ten stories tall, so that the strikes of the gods of justice were like matchsticks upon his mighty hide. The gods scramble to pin him down with shards of moonlight, but before they could impale him he grew a score of arms and plucked them by their cloaks and rained blows upon them that would have pulverized normal men into gruel.

>Perator gripped her stave with white knuckles and gave Aesma a scornful look. “Well, go off then. Don’t you have better things to do?” she growled. She was of half a mind to drive Aesma off with the rod, as she had done many times before.

>“Not until Ogam tells me who my equal is!” protested Aesma.

>“Fool!” said Perator, “Anyone would be hard pressed to find your equal in wickedness. There are none with such a soul stained with evil save the Red Eyed King who is kept in the Crucible of Punishment, and he is singular in his accomplishments!” Perator realized her mistake a moment too late, for Aesma had already leapt into her chariot and taken to the skies.
>>
>>83673601
>The Crucible of Punishment was a terrible place. Once, the old god Muam was discontent with the angle of the sun upon his mountain lean-to. To this end, he made an arduous journey to the end of the universe, where he found one of the ancient trees that held up its corners, and stripped one of its branches into a mighty pole two and a half billion leagues long. He trudged all the way from the edge back to the center, where he thrust the pole deep into the earth, and using it as an axle, turned the world by five degrees, and was content.

>The world-axle was withdrawn, but the hole it left remained. And halfway down that hole, was the Crucible, which was steeped in perpetual Chthonic gloom. It was a mighty fortress, an iron vessel full to the brim of the worst and most despicable beings to defile the earth, and for this reason it was kept deep and out of sight of the innocent.

>The Crucible was lashed to the walls of the hole by great chains large enough for a man to walk on, and it had one hundred and five watchers – powerful saints of justice clad in white funeral robes. Each saint had dipped their eyes in quicksilver, rendering them blind to worldly concerns, but able to keenly discern the impurities within the souls of any visitor. It was for this reason that when Aesma arrived, all one hundred and five scrambled with great speed from their watch towers and arranged themselves in battle formation.

>At first the saints were aghast, for they perceived very clearly that a being of tremendous evil was upon them, and wondered for a second if one of their prisoners had in fact escaped. But then they recognized Aesma, and a collective groan went up among them.
>>
>>83673454
>Red petals, that weird sort of plant/flesh material on the ground

Oh shit, I can only imagine what we're gonna see when the view pans around
>>
>>83673633
>“I’m here for the Red Eyed King!” proclaimed Aesma.

>“The King shall ne’er see the lands above again,” said one of the saints. “He has proclaimed his enmity against the forces of good in clear terms. He is a sun swallower and a world destroyer, a tyrant and a demon of pure malevolence.”

>“He sounds dreamy,” said Aesma, “when can I see him?”

>The saints narrowed their silver eyes and set their spears as a thicket of blades against Aesma, for they knew her well.

>“Never!” they said in unison.

>“Great saints!” wheedled Aesma, “Please, have pity on a poor and desperate girl! I merely want to lay eyes upon this wicked king. Surely there must be some task I can accomplish to prove my worth to you?”

>With great reluctance, the saints raised their spears a fraction of an inch, for there was an air of true desperation in Aesma’s voice. They entered into a hushed and grim discussion, for there was among them a general belief in redemption, no matter how small the chances. It was considered among many of the great gods of justice that Aesma was in fact an idiot, and shouldn’t be blamed for her wide and colorful list of transgressions against the common good.

>“Very well,” said one of the saints, “Here are your tasks. First, you will find the names of forty two men who truly have not sinned. For if you do not have the discerning eye to find purity amongst the decay of this world, then you do not have the means to pass through these halls with true intent.”

>“Ok,” said Aesma.

>“Then you must bring us the heart of a leviathan, which is only given to those righteous of purpose.”

>“Ok,” said Aesma.

>“You must know,” continued the saint, “You can not cut out the heart, or bring it by violence alone. It must be living, and we must see proof of its offering. Even the greatest of questing knights have been turned aside by one of the mighty beasts, for the smallest of evils.”
>>
>le patriarchy

When did abbadon get so reddit?
>>
>>83673454
Lisa time?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pdb0WckdA
>>
>>83673687
>“Next, you will travel to the holy mountain of Saboth-Ur, where the monks of the Empty Voice keep the silence. For a year and a day you must dwell on that mountain and utter not a word. You must discard your possessions and go about naked as the day you were born, but rid yourself of all lustful ambitions and aspirations of the flesh. You must cast aside your battle consciousnesses and ancillary violence forms. You must rid yourself of the poetry of destruction, break your weapons, and purge the breath of death from within your lungs. Bring us then a token from the abbot there that proves you have undergone these trials. With the heart and token both, we will let you in to lay eyes upon the wicked King.”

>“This sounds too complicated,” protested Aesma, “Let’s fight instead.”

>So they did, to their great dismay. The battle lasted a day and a half. So much of Aesma’s molten blood was spattered above that it melted through three of the iron chains that held the Crucible in place and caused it to tilt. Later this would cause the Crucible to swing against the wall of the pit and crack, releasing a hundred and fifty of the world’s most evil beings onto the surface, who caused so much trouble that it took several wars and the participation of no less than twelve supreme gods of battle to recapture them.

>The saints were very powerful, and were able to slay at least five of Aesma’s war forms, but by the end of the fight, Aesma had hurled all of them into the pit, where they fell for seven hundred years before hitting the bottom and starting their arduous trek back up. She plucked the spears from her flesh and caved in the iron gate of the crucible and limped into its cramped and labyrinthine interior. There, inside, in the deepest pit, she beheld a tiny prison cage with bars made of red hot iron, so that they constantly burned their inhabitant. And kept inside that cruel cage, with charcoal-like flesh smoking, was the Red Eyed King.
>>
File: bullshit.png (251 KB, 461x360) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
251 KB, 461x360
>>83673719
>>
>>83673719
getting sick of your husband mutilating girls and ignoring you doesn't automatically make you a feminist
>>
File: 1438783388583.gif (240 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1438783388583.gif
240 KB, 480x270
>>83673454
>>83673561
Can. Not. Wait.
>>
>>83673733
>He was truly, as Aesma saw, a being of quite singular evil. Though his skin was black from the fire, and cracked and red-raw from his prison, he did not flinch a bit from his torture. Tendrils of dark and oily vapor rose from his charred body, and he had the cruel face of a tyrant. But by far his most notable feature were his eyes, which burned with an insane and hungry red light. As Aesma saw his eyes, she saw instantly that they were sparks of an awful dark flame that would grow to consume the world if they were given kindling.

>They were pinpricks of the light of destruction that would shine at the end of the universe. It was for this reason that Aesma instantly fell in love with him.
>>
>>83673781
>Aesma and the Red Eyed King
>Part 3

>This was a massive problem for Aesma, for she had never before felt love of any capacity, so at first she thought she had fallen violently sick.

>“Stop that at once!” she gasped, clutching her chest, “You are using some foul art to explode my heart!”

>“What misbegotten wretch are you?” said the Red Eyed King. He had a voice like drifting ash and it was said the moment you heard it you would not forget it for the rest of your life. It could reduce a normal man to a babbling, terror stricken mess. Aesma merely fell in love a little more.

>“You!” she screamed, panting and sweating, “I demand you become my husband!” There was no response from the Red Eyed King, and Aesma was taken aback. For most of her problems she had solved quite easily by beating them to a pulp, and her usual approach didn’t seem to apply in this case. She was thoroughly stuck.

>“I’ll beat you to a pulp!” she said, hesitantly.

>“An odd threat to make to a man in a cage,” said the Red Eyed King, “I refuse.”

>Aesma’s heart jumped again, and to her immense surprise, her face screwed up in a tight and pained expression of grief, and molten tears began to pour from her eyes in great rivulets, searing the iron floors.

>“What are you doing to me?” she wailed in confusion.

>“Nothing,” said the Red Eyed King, perplexed.
>>
>>83673822
>Aesma did not hear, for she ran, blubbering and wailing from the deepest pit of the Crucible to its exterior, her tears burning holes in the floor the entire way. And once she was outside, through her steaming eyes she groped for and found the tiniest particle of matter she could and smashed that particle into an explosion so violent it sent plumes of white fire shooting up and down the shaft, and hurled her up and out of the pit, where she grabbed a passing shaft of sunlight and broke it into a door she could travel through. When she hurtled through that door, the light in her destination was clear and unwavering, for she had returned to the only place that knew anything about husbands in her esteem, the Temple of the Disc of the Sun.

>When Aesma landed, she ran right up the temple steps, leaking molten fire from her eyes, and knocked on the great temple doors so hastily that she bashed them right off their hinges. They flew right through the mid-day congregation, sending worshippers flying and completely demolishing the large and stately Altar of Philosophy. In any other time Aesma would have found this hilarious, but the matter of her leaking face and jumping heart terrified her, so when the hundred manly priests of the temple came to beat her away with their staves, they found her apologizing profusely and were thrown into great confusion.

>“What’s wrong with me?” wailed Aesma.

>The priests had a hurried and argumentative conference, and then the Hierophant said, “You appear to be suffering from a broken heart.”

>“I think I will die!” said Aesma.

>“I assure you, you will not,” said the Hierophant, with very little sympathy. “How did you come by this condition?”

>“I found a husband, as you asked,” said Aesma, “but he will not take me!”
>>
>>83673454

Whoah, shit, that's...unexpectedly dark.

That explains what she's doing with all those maidens.

Bleah.
>>
>>83673757
True, but claiming that you're oppressed when you rule 1/7 of the universe does.
>>
>It can't be that she just killed him, that'd be too boring!
>>
>>83673719
>When did abbadon get so reddit?
Buddy, are you new to this comic?
>>
File: 1447046952982.png (140 KB, 340x247) Image search: [Google]
1447046952982.png
140 KB, 340x247
>>83673561
Cool Beans YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: Evil_Queen_Mottom_6.png (507 KB, 950x374) Image search: [Google]
Evil_Queen_Mottom_6.png
507 KB, 950x374
>>83673454

Damn, what a portrait.
>>
>>83673915
...and I'm pretty sure that Mottom is still evil as fuck, just using past tragedies as an excuse for her behavior.
>>
>>83673915
>True, but claiming that you're oppressed when you rule 1/7 of the universe does.
Mother Om is in fact a character within the comic, and not the author.

This isn't to say that there aren't feminist tones in this comic in which:

1.) The protagonist is a woman--
2.) --who felt pressured by society to herself from a chubby nerdy girl to a blond ditz--
3.) --and began the comic about to give up her virginity to her boyfriend because "cool girls weren't virgins.
4.) Her boyfriend was then kidnapped in her place because the kidnappers took it for granted that the prophesied heir would be male.
5.) She's protected/hunted by an angel who's struggling with her gender identity.
6.) She had been sold to a sex slaver who likes to kill girls and fill their hollow bodies with demons.
7.) And there's a reoccurring theme about the lust for power and the plight of the downtrodden.

If your only now catching on that this comic has feminist tone, then you are dumb as hell.
>>
>>83673955
I could handle stronk woman allison, don't need no man cio and tranny angel. This is too much.
>>
>>83674289
Sounds pretty lame of you.
>>
>A great discordant cry went up then among the priests, and they threw themselves into furious debate. Some of them wanted Aesma out by the stave immediately, no matter the truth of her words. Others could not believe that such a wicked being could find love. But the sentiment that won out in the end was the rather self indulgent and completely wrong notion that if Aesma had indeed found a husband, she would be far better served by having a man to reign in her wanton and vile habits. The priests were very firm in their belief that the moral authority of a good husband could tease out an enlightened womanly virtue from even the most wretched of creatures, and therefore they ceased to see Aesma as a base and vile creature beyond redemption, and began to see her as a great conquest and affirmation of their own righteousness. They began to imagine in their enlightened minds the power and prestige of a tame and demure Aesma, the most infamous and despised of goddesses. This was a fantastic mistake.
>“Aesma Ten Yondam,” said the Hierophant, “Do you truly desire a husband? Have you found such a man, with a nature to guard against your womanly vice? The priests of this good and holy temple can hardly believe that you have.”
>“I have!” protested Aesma, and wiped her eyes clean of fire, “What should I do?”
>>
>>83674418
>“You must promise to submit to his superior will,” said the stern Hierophant. “It is accepted in this society that a woman should do three things for her husband: tend to his meals, darn his clothing, and obey his every command without question. In return he will be your protector, guide, and counselor, and will not lift his hand against you in violence. Go to your prospective husband and promise him these things, and he will surely take you as a wife.”
>Aesma was very tempted to beat up the Hierophant, for she hated commandments, and she hated things that came in threes. But for once in her life, her desperate desire for a husband overrode her natural instinct to apply violence directly to her problems. This was very uncomfortable for her, but Aesma’s desire was the strongest among all divinities, for she was the Master of Want. So while the priests saw her twitch at their commandments and readied their staves in fear, Aesma merely knelt and bowed her head quite awkwardly, for she was unused to such things. “I will do as you say,” she said, and in quavering voice recounted the things the Hierophant had said to her.
>The priests were ecstatic. “Go and bring your husband here,” they said, “And we will join you in holy matrimony, under the light of the great Sun Disc.” They were very firm in their belief that a great moral victory had been won, and saw Aesma off with great pride and vigor as she grabbed a passing sunbeam and rode it all the way back to the Crucible of Punishment.
>>
>>83674289
>I could handle stronk woman allison, don't need no man cio and tranny angel. This is too much.
Why this, specifically?
>>
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/the-42215-update-and-looking-forward/

>See you on Wednesday, and next week we’ll definitively be wrapping up the first story arc of this comic, and on to the next, which involves
>– unbound devils
>– 82 drinking fire
>– an angel that rides a motorcycle made of skeletons
>– preteen Allison
>– Maya’s first story
>and most importantly, a Terrible Tree.

I'm hype for Maya's first story, but this Terrible Tree is probably going to be super sick.
>>
File: Amano_Exdeath_2.jpg (144 KB, 665x1000) Image search: [Google]
Amano_Exdeath_2.jpg
144 KB, 665x1000
>>83675084
>I'm hype for Maya's first story, but this Terrible Tree is probably going to be super sick.
Just in time for the Final Fantasy Five Fiesta, too.
>>
>>83674637
>Go and bring your husband here
Ohhhh boy, when I read this I could see the carnage forming in my mind's eye.
>>
File: 1455157864916.jpg (223 KB, 720x494) Image search: [Google]
1455157864916.jpg
223 KB, 720x494
>>83673561
Aw shit man I'm ready for that turd storm, so fling it on me
>>
>>83673561
I honestly don't know what could possibly be so shocking. I'm anticipating he's just a tree but it would have to be more than that. A #gamechanger.
>>
>>83673915
>claiming that you're oppressed
That didn't happen though.
>>
>>83673944
He didn't die though.
>>
>>83675084
I would've figured the Terrible Tree just referred to the tree that guy got turned into. Also, what's 82 drinking fire? is that White Chain's thorn name?
>>
File: aldo-leopold.jpg (287 KB, 1114x1600) Image search: [Google]
aldo-leopold.jpg
287 KB, 1114x1600
>>83676145
I think Abby is more implying that a big bunch of everyone is about to do a whole lot of kung fu fighting, and they're all gonna be a bit something like fast as lightning

I got inane lore questions here

Do you think man-trees can reproduce? Could I grow a cannibal forest? Do man-trees feel happy if they feed people with their fruits? Are any new saplings grown from them more like children, brothers or clones? What does their wood smell like if your burn it? Could a man-tree subsist in a wild forest?
>>
>>83676468
I think it just refers to 82 collaborating with the thorns despite how they're evil and stuff.

But maybe we'll get some actual fire-eating too.
>>
>>83674267
So what? All art that represents phenomena that have relation to something political inevitably means representing said "political" phenomena with a certain view point. Art isn't a reflection of objective reality; art is only a reflection of the artist's perception of it.

The very act of participation within the "political" presupposes taking a position. There is no such thing as an absolute apolitical. Everyone has beliefs, conscious or no, political or no, and they're inevitable. It's impossible to deny your prejudices in approaching politics without consigning yourself to them.

The problem is when art that should be more than just propaganda. I'm not denying the potential for propaganda's artistic merit, of course, but when art is reduced to nothing more than a political screed (a la Dumbing of Age) when politics should only be contingent to what is portrayed, then there is a problem. Especially when said politics distorts how reality really works.

>7.) And there's a reoccurring theme about the lust for power and the plight of the downtrodden.
Lust for power isn't portrayed completely negatively. In fact, from what we've seen so far, I'd say it's portrayed fairly positively, but just not without nuance. And there's nothing to be said for the "plight of the downtrodden". Mostly it's just shown that the society of Kill Six Billion Demons is fucked up, and their "plight" is just a part of it, if it's shown at all. And when it is, the "downtrodden" aren't portrayed as "victimized" in a moralistic sense, anyways.>>83674410
>>
>>83675084
>>– 82 drinking fire

This is actually very, very interesting. Juggsy is an Igneous angel, while White Chain is, I recall, a vapor angel.

IE, White Chain is the weakest sort, while Juggs is two steps above her.

Does this imply that White Chain is about to metamorphose to a higher state of being?

That would be super cool! In a fire, hot, sort of way....
>>
>>83676468
Maybe angel tea is made of fire.
>>
File: tha reactorous pictoscribble!.png (69 KB, 144x243) Image search: [Google]
tha reactorous pictoscribble!.png
69 KB, 144x243
>>83673561
BRACE FOR IMPACT
>>
>>83679100
>White Chain is, I recall, a vapor angel.
82 is a Liquid Angel. Delicious was a vapor angel.
>>
>tfw Abbadon will never get to team up with Guillermo Del Torro, Alejandro Jodorowsky, Stanley Kubrick, and Dan Simmons to produce a full length live action K6BD film anthology

just kill me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PSZb76cTcE
>>
>>83679533
And why exactly not?
>>
>>83679932
Because Del Torro is already struggeling to convince a studio to grant him to do Hellboy 3
>>
ENOUGH BATTERED HOUSEWIFE CRAP, I WANT KUNG FU ACTION ANGEL FIGHTS NOW YISUN-DAMMIT.
>>
>>83679932
because we can never have nice things anon

>>83679979
I wonder if he knows about K6BD, he'd fucking love it. Oh also if Abbadon did hit the jackpot, Wayne Barlowe would have to work on it too.
>>
>>83679986
TOO BAD
YOU GET BATTERED HOUSEWIFE KUNG FU ACTION NOW
>>
>>83679986
I'd actualy be pretty pissed if it cut to white chain with this clifhanger.
>>
>>83673454
oh wow, I love the last panel. I think I'm starting to grasp her fury
>>
File: 8679708.jpg (149 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
8679708.jpg
149 KB, 1024x1024
>>83673454
Even the dead can not be free of this boner
>>
>>83673561
Jesus Christ, I want a Sunday update so badly
>>
>>83673454

Who the fuck did she marry?
>>
>>83673454
ahahaha fuck
she turned him into a tree! and his fruit grown from the desire to have ever more beautiful and youthful wives is what keeps her young!
its why shes so bitter! because even has a godqueenmother of a seventh of all existence she still relies on her husband to provide her with sustenance and energy
>>
>>83673454
Holy shit. That last panel.

I wonder if Mottom is subconsciously keeping her husband alive to torment her.
>>
>>83673652
Yeah. They look like pustules to me. NOT a good sign.
>>
>>83679436
No, Delicious is a liquid angel. White Chain is vapor. Here's the progression rate for angels to remind you:
Plasma > Vapor > Liquid > Solid (Metamorphic, Igneous) > Crystal> Neutron
>>
WHERE IS THE INNOCENT BUG GIRL?
>>
>>83673454
Plant a shitty husband, get a shitty husband tree.
This is just horticulture.
>>
>>83681679
Mottom? She married Om, the Demiurge from whom she took her key.
>>
>>83683123
I took it Om was a family name.
>>
>>83683183
Yes, it is. Why? I'm just referring to him as Om.
>>
>>83683194
But what's his first name?
>>
>>83683218
Hastet.
>>
I like how Abaddon takes the characters to a new setting every couple pages or so.

No time to settle down, there's still another 777,776 universes to visit. Kinda feels like a theme park ride, in a good way
>>
>>83683300
777,775 you mean. We've already seen Allison's world.
>>
>>83683218
Nomnom

Om Nomnom
>>
>>83677901
>The problem is when art that should be more than just propaganda. I'm not denying the potential for propaganda's artistic merit, of course, but when art is reduced to nothing more than a political screed (a la Dumbing of Age) when politics should only be contingent to what is portrayed, then there is a problem.
Are you suggesting that K6BD is propaganda, then, or are you merely making a statement about art as a whole?
>>
>>83673454
still a pretty good comic
still not as good as its name
>>
>>83673454
>Kills her husband to prevent more women being tortured and maimed
>Now fertalizes her huspland with young women reguarly to keep her power
Poetry
>>
>>83682526
Check the wiki. You are mistaken.
>>
File: Skeleton boner.jpg (51 KB, 419x750) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton boner.jpg
51 KB, 419x750
>spent the last few days reading this comic from the beginning
>so much ancillary lore shit, ancient legends and god history and fucking weapon manuals
>fucking incredible art from someone who clearly has a good level of mastery over color theory
>WHEEL SKELETON BIKER ANGELS FROM HELL
>catch up on a fucking cliffhanger
Fucking Christ
>>
File: 1463640069780.jpg (246 KB, 850x1435) Image search: [Google]
1463640069780.jpg
246 KB, 850x1435
>>83686449
Welcome, Preem Anon
>>
File: IT WAS ME, DIO.jpg (76 KB, 248x407) Image search: [Google]
IT WAS ME, DIO.jpg
76 KB, 248x407
>Incubus represents the sin of lust
>comic starts with an insecure girl trying to lose her virginity
>plot revolves around her trying to rescue boyfriend

I can't wait to see what his arc is gonna look like.
>>83680691
>tfw no ALL-YISUN cosplaying gf to read K6BD with
end it

>>83683632
>Nomnom
>Om Nomnom
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>83673757
>WAAAAAAAAAH BOYS DON'T WANT TO FUCK ME FOR MY NONEXISTENT MATH SKILLS AND SHITTY COOKING
>WAAAAAAAAAAH THEY WANT TO FUCK ME BECAUSE I'M PRETTY
>WAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>83686857
Well, it kinda sucks for everyone that a woman got hired for her fat tatas & cleavage rather than her experience and job-related skills.
>>
If Hastet Om isn't some sort of weird tentacle tree thing, I'm gonna be upset.
>>
>>83686813
I'm actually looking more forward to the Mammon arc next chapter. We don't know a lot about him, and Abbadon has said there is something special about him being called a monster
Plus, we get to see Himself, devil king supreme, next chapter as well
>>
>>83686857
Getting kidnapped into sexual slavery is actually a shitty thing, anon.
Like, it's legitimately a shitty thing.
>>
>>83686857
>>83687565
It's weird because I feel like "girl kidnapped into slavery/slave trade/personal sex slave, overthrows husband/owner/master and becomes powerful ruler" is an incredibly pervasive trope that I've seen happen seven times before, but for the life of me I can't recall a single instance
Am I just going insane? Can anyone else back me up here?
>>
>>83687921
You could make an argument for Daenerys being in that I think.
>>
>>83687921
Game of Thrones kind of had that. Daenerys was pretty much sold to a warlord to secure a political deal.
>>
>>83687921
I get what you mean.

It seems like a trope, buuuuut I can't think of many specific examples.
>>
>>83687921
>I can't recall a single instance

Huh.

You're right. It seems like a plot that would be out there, but I can't think of any examples either.

Wow, has Abaddon actually stumbled onto something fresh here?
>>
>>83688655
Not really. What he described sounds like a character archetype. Characters who go from slave to ruler by hook and crook seem common. If you can't think up an example on the spot, then you simply just absorbed it in passing.
>>
>>83687921
>It's weird because I feel like "girl kidnapped into slavery/slave trade/personal sex slave, overthrows husband/owner/master and becomes powerful ruler" is an incredibly pervasive trope that I've seen happen seven times before, but for the life of me I can't recall a single instance
Consort Daji from Investiture of the Gods was a 16th century example, kind of.

Dowager Empress Cixi was a real life example.
>>
>>83688655
>Wow, has Abaddon actually stumbled onto something fresh here?
Mottom is pretty much a magical Empress Dowager Cixi, an actual person.
>>
>>83689217
>Consort Daji from Investiture of the Gods was a 16th century example, kind of.
Some of you weeaboos might be more familiar with the Japanese take on this story, Tamamo no Mae.
>>
>/co/ - Comics & Analytical Approach To Human History And Literature
>>
>>83689217
It's better when the girl dosn't have to kill her husband to be the most powerful woman alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodora_(6th_century)
>>
If this evil cunt becomes a good guy because "MUH OPPRESSION" I'm going to be pissed.
>>
>>83689355
It seems pretty evident that, in-narrative, Mottom using her previous hardships as an excuse for her own atrocities is just craven nonsense.
Allison literally says "That's bullshit."
>>
>>83689355
Abandon said all the Demiurges would be partly sympathetic. Sympathetic villain =/= good guy.
>>
>>83689417
but then what will i complain about
>>
>>83687921
I don't disagree with you, but Abbadon's twist on it is that Mottom is still a rotten conniving bitch, and she knows it. Hell, she said to Allison "I never said otherwise." If anything, it's kind of refreshing. Mottom has not been put in a positive light.
>>
>>83689552
Complain about how Cio is progressively becoming less demony and therefor less attractive
>>
File: Shillary Clinton.jpg (89 KB, 630x376) Image search: [Google]
Shillary Clinton.jpg
89 KB, 630x376
>Power-loving super-cunt
>Gets rid of problematic people who challenge her power
>Husband constantly flings himself at other women
>Subdues and keeps control over him while supplying him with a steady supply of whores
>Still claims to sympathise with other women
>Secretly knows she's a hypocrite but doesn't care
>Sucks out the souls of others to keep herself sustained

Where were you when you realized Mottom is the Hillary Clinton of the K6BD universe?
>>
>>83689668
Mind = blown.
>>
>>83689668
>Where were you when you realized Mottom is the Hillary Clinton of the K6BD universe?

Ouch. Never thought of that, but it does fit.

The truth hurts....

There's no way Abaddon is doing that on purpose, though. I'd almost guarantee he's a far-lefty, since almost all artistic types are these days.
>>
>>83689822
>he thinks far-lefties like Hillary Clinton, who sat on the board of Walmart for years and defended a child rapist by saying the 12 year old girl was asking for it
>>
>>83689822
Even the far left hates Clinton, the Democratic party is ripping itself apart from the inside over it
>>
>>83687921
>>83688235
o-ren.. kill bill
mama.. Dredd.
Deanny. ASoFAI/GoT

It definitely is a trope. doesn't seem to have a name though.

Could just be a variant of gutterkid, becomes powerful.
Great expectations, Anakin, etc.
One side is good wizard starts you on the heroes journey, other side is bad wizard does.

"rags to royalty"
When its the mainstory usually its hero, and a good end. But, rags to royalty as a BACKSTORY is always, that person stole the power/throne and is now an asshole villain.
>>
>>83689865
>>83689822
Nobody actually wants to vote for Shillary, she's only going to win because she's up against trump.

>TFW Bernie was the only candidate with a positive approval rating and who wasn't under federal investigation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v7XXSt9XRM
>>
>>83689874
>Even the far left hates Clinton, the Democratic party is ripping itself apart from the inside over it

To be honest, the 2016 election cycle is the most comical farce I've seen in my lifettime.

Which means that there's a rich vein of lore to be tapped there. :D

So, which demi-urge will be Trump?
>>
>>83689965
>Not trusting in Trump to make America great again
Come on anon, the gap in their abilities is YUGE.
>>
>>83689974
Clearly Jagoth judging by Om's reaction to him.
>>
>>83690245
>Powerful, self-made man
>Tired of the petty pleasantries of other rulers, it's time for drastic action
>Capable of taking on all 6 of the other demiurges at once and winning (republican primaries)
>Such an unreasonably large number of supporters, everyone else is visibly worried by it
>Yuge
P O E T R Y
>>
>>83673822
>>83673878
Why is Aesma so cute
>>
>>83689965
>Bernie
>winning the majority of the vote of people ages 35 and up
>>
>>83690536
>>>83673822
>>>83673878
>Why is Aesma so cute

I know, right?!

I mean, she is objectively horrible, but at the same time, you just want to bully her and then give her a cuddle.

The line Yisun said at the end of her first story just wrapped it up:

"I don't understand!"
"Perfect."
>>
>>83674637
So, will this be the birth of Throne's new power couple?
>>
File: 1378876609409.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1378876609409.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
I just got up do date

>I am literally one of the seven most powerful beings on the universe yet i'm scared of a bunch of nobles

Triggered

Mottom you piece of shit
>>
>>83690005
>Trusting the future of your country to the businessman so terrible he bankrupted a casino.
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>83691139
Anon, there are plenty of better forums for an in-depth political discussion
I'm not going to debate this with you here
>>
File: YON ENTERTAINLESS LORCH.png (100 KB, 169x219) Image search: [Google]
YON ENTERTAINLESS LORCH.png
100 KB, 169x219
Real talk here fellas. What do you think Cio is up to right now? Still chilling back on the ground with her comfy little camp setup?

I hope she snuck into the party to steal horderves or something like that.
>>
>>83676145
Maybe thatès what the woman tributes are for. Give em to the dead husband.
>>
>>83691139
He didn't really go into bankruptcy, he just filed it falsely to dodge taxes. Multiple times.

>Trump supporters actually think this makes him look better
>>
>>83690361
>Trump
>self-made man
Nigga please

But apart from that, it all fits. Don't forget about
>wants to destroy the entire universe
>>
>>83691372
>He didn't really go into bankruptcy,
I didn't say he did, I said his bankrupted his casinos.
>>
>>83674637
I gotta say, I felt a very Hindu influence (more than usual I mean) in the last story. Strong Kali vibes from the idea of marriage calming down one's inner beast. not even mentioning the Om symbol on the last pages.

>>83674267
But our protag's insecurities made her turn into a ditz, not society.

And Her boyfriend was actually prophesized to be the heir, except fate changed it's mind at the last second. Mottom's comment was basically "haha you got fucked by destiny"

Please don't let this comic turn into another Strong Female Protagonist

>>83686310
kek
>>
File: cheshire cat as fuck (2).jpg (54 KB, 219x458) Image search: [Google]
cheshire cat as fuck (2).jpg
54 KB, 219x458
>>83690005
>>83689965
>>83691139
>>83691175
>>83691372
>mfw Mammon ends up being the Donald Trump of the K6BD Universe

A SMALL LOAN OF 111,111 UNIVERSES
>>
>>83691238
I'm not that fond of Cio for the same reasons I'm not that fond of Mottom. She tries to impose what Allison should do, while it appears that all that matters in KSBD is Will. That's also the reason why I hope Allison will go through some major changes.
Punished Allison when?
>>
>>83691496
>spoiler
fuck, really wish I could draw

Liquid Jagganoth when?
>>
>>83691496
I actually appreciate Cio for that exact reason, because every time so far Cio's told Allison not to do something, she just goes ahead and does it anyway
They're like a "straight man/ABSOLUTE MADMAN" combo
>>
>>83691445
There are idiots that think trump is a self-made man?
>>
>>83691470
Allison is rather subversed Strong Female Protagonist
>she doesn't really fight anyone
>she just wants to find her boyfriend so he can bang her
>doesn't want to be the hero, despite Cio's insistance
>slightly implied that she will win in the end, but her shit will be fucked up in the process
>>
>>83691445
>>83691567
please dont start this is a good thread
>>
>>83691600
Oh no, I don't mean the concept, I don't mind tropes as long as they are well written.

SFP is a superhero webcomic that had tons of potential and got some talk on /co/. It delved into some hard fi regarding how superpowers work and how the world would react to a sudden surge of superhumans.

Yet we had the dismay of witnessing how the author's political stance (muh soggy knees) slowly took over the comic.

Dropped the comic when the two protags began to strategise how to destroy gender roles
>>
>>83691470
>But our protag's insecurities made her turn into a ditz, not society.
You're about halfway there, anon, but keep going.
What, would you say, is the root of her insecurities?
>>
>>83691897
Poor self-esteem, but apparently not caused by trauma in her childhood.
Best guess: a small or dwindling social circle, feelings of loneliness or rejection, possibly stemming from transition to early college life, which is also the most prevalent reason across the board for joining a fraternity or sorority.
>>
>>83691897
That she was weird and unattractive. Do you think this type of insecurity is exclusive to women, or more commonly found in them than in men?
>>
File: Tighten.jpg (16 KB, 210x236) Image search: [Google]
Tighten.jpg
16 KB, 210x236
>>83691973
Or 4chan.
>>
>>83691307
And the husband pays back with magical fruits?
>>
>>83683632
>gluttony
it makes sense
>>
Why don't you just turn the Joker into a tree, Batman?
>>
>>83691062
That's politics for ya.
>>
>>83686384
That's what Abbadon said on tumblr
>>
File: destroyer.jpg (367 KB, 780x967) Image search: [Google]
destroyer.jpg
367 KB, 780x967
>>83686449
Welcome to the clum
>>
Where'd the blood on those statues come from?
>>
>>83691897
It could be anything from insecurity borne out of shyness, being rejected by a sweetheart, or simply a random occurrence from childhood.

Society can't just take you down on it's own. Societies are a concept were more often than not, two people from in the same society can't even agree to what it encompasses. You need a trigger that leads you to judge yourself constantly against what you perceive to be society's standards.
>>
>>83696027
Glad to be here, but I actually have a question that you reminded me of
Who the FUCK is that in your pic? She keeps popping up, and while I was reading I got the feeling she was the one that wrote that "guide to using the sword" because of the "reach heaven through violence" shit
Or is she just a recurring background fight-hobo
>>
>>83696778
Auntie Maya, one of the Pursuers who chase Allison and her key.
Most of them are just enough above scrub-tier to have not died during the whorehouse brawl, but every indication in comic is that Maya is on a whole 'nother level than them.
out of comic it's been mentioned that she was once a warlord who conquered thousands of universes, and that she posesses the Maybe Sword, properties mostly unknown but including being invisible at the least
She's also suspected to be the student of Meti, of the eponymous sword manual, but I don't think that's ever been confirmed or denied.
>>
>>83696778
She's the student of the person who wrote the guide and was formerly a general who conquered 20,000 worlds. Also, apparently lived through the Demiurge War.
>>
>>83696880
>She's also suspected to be the student of Meti, of the eponymous sword manual, but I don't think that's ever been confirmed or denied.
Confirmed. Abbadon said Maya's misotheism is from her apprenticeship to Meti.
>>
>>83691750
Strong Female Protagonist was shit from the very start and you know it. The entire comic is started out as nothing more than a political screed.
>>
>>83688024
>>83688049
>>83689947

But Dany loved her husband.
>>
I wonder what the fastest way to power in Throne is. It seems most warriors get their strength through training but I wonder how long it would take to gain power to dodge bullets or create force fields or use a sword really good to be able to fight guns with it. If it were training it's a fantasy of mine that would be able to train for a few years and get better than any warrior on earth or steal a magic sword and fuck off back to our Earth and be untouchable.
>>
>>83698995
Reading the stories in the descriptions leads me to believe mostly it's just the time for mastery that no mortal being has at work.
>>
>>83698860
>But Dany loved her husband.
Sure.

So what?
>>
>>83698778
Not him, but I somewhat agree. I mean, it was obvious that the author was a bit SJW-ish, but I was willing to overlook it. But, yeah, it just got worse and worse. Dropped it from the time that invisible girl's arc started up. Checked some pages out later on out of curiosity, though, and it had just gotten worse from there.
>>
>>83691470
>But our protag's insecurities made her turn into a ditz, not society.
Why exactly do you think her insecurities took the form of needing to be a thin blonde popular girl who drinks a lot and has just the right amount of sex
>>
>>83698995
Judging from the 7's examples? By seizing it through whatever method in front of you, no matter how unscrupulous it is. Honor means nothing; might makes right.

Meti's sword manual espouses the same values. She spat on how hard she trained in the past mastering the sword and realized that the stronger warrior would use everything within his means to win no matter how unsightly the method.
>>
>>83698778
nah mate, the character interactions where fun as hell and the style felt comfy. They still were by the time I stopped reading.

The real problem was that what started as the protag's dilemma - the getting picked on for being drunk, which then evolved how to not murder the fuck out of sick fucks and people you disagree with when you can one hit anyone in a fit of rage, kept going back to gender issues more and more until by the time I dropped it was getting mentioned every 4 panels.

It didn't help someone who knew the artist personally dropped by the thread and told us that while she kept to herself she basically though everyone was sexist.
>>
It's pretty dreadful that as this has become more popular the threads have to involve a bunch of pro- or anti-SJW bullshit. I wish everyone who feels inclined to that would just fuck off.
>>
>>83699460
Being in a sorority.
Or is local peer pressure part of the big bad looming "society" as well?
>>
>>83699661
Yes, it's one of the most common applications really.
>>
>>83699661
>Being in a sorority.
You got it backwards. Her insecurities made her aspire to become a sorority girl, not the other way around.
>>
>>83699683
One could posit that every action any person takes is the result of "society" pushing them toward it, and there is no singular way to break from its influence.
But you and I both know that would be silly, and so is what you're suggesting.
>>
>>83699766
What's silly about it? A person is just a giant collection of learned behaviors and influences at the end of the day.
>>
>>83699557
It really all started with White Chain and Michael's dialogue.
>>
>>83699766
>One could posit that every action any person takes is the result of "society" pushing them toward it, and there is no singular way to break from its influence.
>But you and I both know that would be silly, and so is what you're suggesting.
I am suggesting that society has pressured Allison to change herself from a chubby, geeky smart girl to a pretty, preppy girl who doesn't ask to many questions.

Is that actually that silly?
>>
>>83700106
I doubt that it was really "society", as in foreign/peer pressure, but rather Allison doing it upon herself because of what she herself feels alone. Most of her friends in the sorority don't seem to care, and her one friend sort of misses the old chubby girl who liked anime.

People can be much harsher to themselves then from other people, and I'm speaking from experience here.
>>
>>83700534
Except she had to receive that impression that Blonde Sorority Girls are happier from SOMEWHERE, and society is that somewhere. It's a catchall term for media, peer pressure, and cultural ideals.
>>
>>83700534
>I doubt that it was really "society", as in foreign/peer pressure, but rather Allison doing it upon herself because of what she herself feels alone. Most of her friends in the sorority don't seem to care, and her one friend sort of misses the old chubby girl who liked anime.

>People can be much harsher to themselves then from other people, and I'm speaking from experience here.
Oh, absolutely. However, even given that, why did she decide the person she needed to change herself into was the stereotypical blond ditz?

I'm guessing it was because she thought blond ditzes were more liked, had more friends, had more fun, and just generally lived happier and more fulfilling lives than the one she had as a chubby brunet.

Then the question becomes, how did she come to the conclusion that ditzy blonds were better off than chubby brunets?
>>
>>83699661
Yes
>>
File: discontent with this news.png (224 KB, 168x617) Image search: [Google]
discontent with this news.png
224 KB, 168x617
I can't believe how many people have been triggered by Mottom explaining her situation. Now we have a couple of idiots claiming this is an SJW comic all of a sudden because they can't handle themes like rape or slavery being brought up as a character backstory and are now picking apart everything about the comic. I never imagined that the thing that made people turn on the comic here would be nothing.
>>
>>83700762
Yeah sure whatever, but the point I'm trying to make is that that doesn't matter, and Abbaddon isn't making it into a point (as in 'Oh no, society enforcing a very difficult to obtain level of attractiveness on people!').

Most of the girls (including one that's an obnoxious feminist) that I know that like looking pretty and wear make up don't do it because society tells them to, but because they want to do it. They chose to do it for a myriad of reasons, one being it makes them feel better. Society might "coerce" them to do so through "culture", but that's irrelevant because (at least in America because of American individualism) it's still a decision to make as an individual choice that most people don't really care about how you choose.

>>83701074
My problem is that the point isn't that "society" or "culture" is enforcing it upon her, but that she chose to do so because of her own self-pity. It's less so that society really tells her that socially active attractive looking blondes get it better, but that she herself believes it would make her feel better if she was.As I said, Allison's sorority sisters don't care, and no one is "telling" her to act like this (and I think she knows that), but she still does it because it gives her relief from self-hate. It's like that time Allison put on make-up; she wasn't doing it to impress anyone (there was no-one to impress) or even conform to cultural norms (i highly doubt Allison knows anything about the fashion for wherever she is), but to comfort herself.
>>
>>83701324
>It's less so that society really tells her that socially active attractive looking blondes get it better, but that she herself believes it would make her feel better if she was
How did she come to that conclusion?
>>
>>83701518
Because she was a socially awkward high school girl who hates who she was and compensates by becoming who she wanted to be. Beyond high school, that kind of stuff doesn't really matter for most people, and Allison is beholden to it because of self-pity. And the self-pity isn't just because she didn't uphold society's definition of beauty or whatever, but because she was a socially awkward girl who spent too much time with her anime.

I don't really mind if, in part, it's because of "culture" or whatever, but reducing Allison's relief from self-hate to just being a product of society's mores simplifies her character quite a bit into something more one-dimensional. And the comic doesn't make it into a moral or political issue.
>>
I liked this comic more when it was a funny fantasy CYOA with Bikini clad library guardians, cross-dressing devils, and Kill Six Billion Demons literally meant what it sounded like.

Still good though
>>
>>83701834
>Because she was a socially awkward high school girl who hates who she was and compensates by becoming who she wanted to be.
You're dodging the question.

I'm not denying that Allison's desire to change herself stems from her self-pity.

I'm asking why, out of all the things she could have decided to become, did she specifically chose to be a ditzy blond?
>>
>>83701324
Allison is making those choices, absolutely. Her choices still matter, but the reasons for making those choices are equally important and tie heavily into Om's Whole Deal.

Stories have power. Being forced into a story or choosing to follow it are different things. Is Allison going to try to follow this story just because it's been laid out for her?
>>
>>83699460
Because that's what she thinks how society rolls. Emphasis on "what she thinks" - my point is that people define what society is based on their experience, which almost never covers the entire thing.

>>83699557
used to be worse. i remember there was one dude tell people to not read the comic on every thread.
>>
>>83702327
This is getting kind of circular.
>>
>>83702171
Do you have a summary of what happened during the MSPA era?
Those forums are apparently gone and Abaddon is pretty dead-set about erasing the old story out of shame.
>>
>>83699557
Didn't you know?
You aren't allowed to like anything these days or else you'll be labeled a cuck/cisshit
>>
>>83702171
>>83702417
Wait, KSBD was originally a fan adventure on MSPAF?
Holy shit, when
How did I never hear about it
>>
>>83702406
well you say society imposes expectations, i say we impose expectations on society. it's an impasse.
>>
File: I disagree but.jpg (57 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
I disagree but.jpg
57 KB, 500x450
>>83702648
Soooo...

<---- Pic related then?
>>
>>83702171
Except that version was not very good at all. You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
>>
>>83702417
>Do you have a summary of what happened during the MSPA era?
This isn't so much a summary so much as what I remember because I read it a while ago and don't quite recall everything.

1.) Story begins with Allison at a sorority party puking up her lunch in the bathroom because she can't handle liquor.
2.) Also, I think maybe she was having a nervous breakdown because she wasn't be the perfect party girl she made herself out to be.
3.) Something happens and I think she's summoned to or near a Library in, like the Astral Plane.
4.) The library is staffed by heavy BDSM librarians.
5.) There's a magic book that is kept there that is one of a set of magic books, and some people want to get the full set because it contains the secrets to the universe or some shit.
6.) There's kind of a scumbag demon who's dressed like a prohibition era tramp. He wants the book. He wants Allison to get him the book.
7.) He thinks Allison is special because maybe he was able to read some of the book and it mentioned Allison?
8.) Allison travels through time and space and speaks with Nietzsche. He's lounging on a lawn chair between dimensions.
9.) Later she meets with YsSun somewhere similar.
10.) She gets in a fight with a giant demon and does a Sailor Moon thing and kicks it's ass. There's a pan dimensional "ONLY 5,999,999,999 LEFT"
11.) She recovers in like, an apartment in hell. The demon from earlier is there, dressed as a sorority girl, and is trying to pass himself off as a friend of Allison.

I forget the whys and hows, but I think that was all mostly correct.

The attached image was from the MSPA version. It's the original YsSun.
>>
>>83702976
More to the point, >>83702771 was kind of right.

As cool as bondage librarians were, the whole things was incredibly aimless. The best parts were the artwork and the cosmology, and the current webcomic does both better.
>>
>>83702327
>Because that's what she thinks how society rolls.
Let me get this straight, your arguing that it's not that society has lead Allison to believe that dumb blonds live happier lives than smart brunets, but that Allison has only misinterpreted society.
>>
File: 139333600430.png (16 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
139333600430.png
16 KB, 500x500
>>83702742
yes
>>
>>83703318
No-one anywhere said that Allison was a "smart brunet". I don't see Abbaddon establishing that Allison wanted to be a "ditsy blonde" either. Just a sorority girl. Hell, I always took it that part of the reason why Allison dyed her hair is because that was Sailor Moon's hair color, and that her dieing her hair blonde is supposed to represent two facets: her desire to become "socially active blonde sorority girl", and the fact she's still tethered the past her who loved anime, with the former complementing the latter even more.

And tripfag is sort of right (I don't agree with him completely); society doesn't work like that. People aren't peer pressuring Allison to be a sorority girl. She's doing it out of her own volition. iirc like none of Allison's roomies are even blonde white girls, and one of them outright says how she misses the awkward girl who liked anime.

Even if we concede that Allison is still ultimately influenced by "society", how we perceive how society works affects how we function within it, and as a result people work differently within it. It isn't that Allison conforming to society's perception of a sorority girl, it's Allison's personal perception of a sorority girl she's "conforming" to. Impressionable high school kids, and someone tied to their High School past, don't constitute "society" as a whole anyways, and just because someone is trying to realize her own vision of how sorority girls act in order to "escape" the person she was in High School, doesn't mean society is really just telling said person to really become the vision she has.
>>
>>83702648
Well i mean you're both right society does is indeed formed my the people in it but so can society push people down a road they dont like or wont make them happy
the "Blondes have more fun" dilemma" that Allison is going through is a really good example. yes its something she chose to do, because as far as she had seen from the media/her life/other people, the popular blonde girls had more friends/guys liked them/ were cool or least more than the chubby brunette who wa an unabashed anime fan.
so she changed, she died her hair she got skinny she hid away or quit all the stuff she liked that wasn't cool and started going to parties.
and she got the perks! shes popular and has freind and has boys
but also she doesn't get to openly like anime cause its not coool, she cant eat the food she likes cause it'll make her fat again and fat people aren't popular, she has to murder her hair because tha'ts the color people like, and because virgins aren't cool she was gonna have sex her her boyfriend who a lot of people seem to think is kind of a if not totally a dick
she has the perks but shes not happy with her life.
so yeah she chose to do all that but because society, and what all that compromises, told her that that'd ultimately be better for her. that what people mean when they say "society forced them" its not like hoping a gun to someones head and MAKING THEM its like a sleazy salesmen whispering that you'd be better off making this change cause everyone else is and everyone else would be happy too
>>
>>83696904
She's implied to have started the Demiurge War.
>>
>>83704650
where and how?
>>
>>83704650
Not really. Where?
>>
Looks nice. I think i will start reading this.
>>
>>83704752
>>83704771
Book One, chapter 3, page 44, panel 6. The figure in question has Maya's hairstyle, hair brooch, skin color, hair color and texture, and scarf.
>>
>>83702406
>This is getting kind of circular.
go to bed 2 michael

I agree with you though we should discuss something else.
>>
>>83705580
I don't think that's necessarily implying that she started it. Notice that it's a fan that image is on. It could be for any event really or none at all.
>>
>>83706144
Panel 6, not panel 7. She's the one holding the fan.
>>
>>83706190
Maybe so. Sounds reasonable enough.
>>
File: ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA.gif (327 KB, 500x644) Image search: [Google]
ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA.gif
327 KB, 500x644
I hope some day we'll get a Kill Six Billion Demons animated show, or at least a few cool shorts. If the comic does well, who knows what could happen?

would donate to a kickstarter for/10
>>
>>83706396
There are some definite places in the comic where you can physically feel an OP or ED kick in, or a post-ED segment begin and end
>>
>>83706396
I've been thinking about trying my hand animating a scene. Want to see what it looks like when Juggernaut starts fighting. Don't expect anything.
>>
>>83702222
Because she's a Sailor Moon fangirl.
>>
>>83708855
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOAqM1Fkd3E
Probably something like this
>>
>>83711392
With tons of lightning everywhere and also at half the speed of light
>>
File: 1462738376344.png (161 KB, 271x404) Image search: [Google]
1462738376344.png
161 KB, 271x404
>>83701234
It'S not even rape or slavery. Or if it is it's not worse then the life of an present day indian woman outside of the big cities.

But I agree. People seem to have such a hate for tumblr or whatever that they suspect sjw motives behind everything as if they would fear it.
Just don't care about it
>>
>>83714310
>It'S not even rape or slavery.
It is literally both of those things, combined with casual mutilation. What the hell are you thinking?
>>
>>83716218
She came from a shit planet were this is probably the norm. Until she gained insight from outside her world it was all she knew and she would have never expected otherwise.
Like I said India.
>>
>>83691062
The issue with ruling a seventh of the multiverse is that much of it wants to kill you. If you want to be able to sleep at night, you need an army you can trust and that army is controlled by her nobles so they must be kept happy. As powerful as she may be, she would never survive a never-ending assault from the worlds under her rule.
>>
>>83716783
She had millenia or longer to secure her share. She could hade everyone absoloutly devoted or whatever. Or she could have started not to pillage the multiverse and help it so that people would side with her naturally.
She is not bound by anything so she is at fault when her way of doing shit is literal shit
>>
>>83716568
>She came from a shit planet were this is probably the norm.
It's still rape and slavery.

>Until she gained insight from outside her world it was all she knew and she would have never expected otherwise.
So?
>>
>>83716568
>She came from a shit planet were this is probably the norm.
To be fair women killed themselves over arranged marriages since the most ancient of times, it probably doesn't make it any less traumatic.
>>
>>83698995
Will, my nigga. All you got to do is want to do something really hard, but in more intrinsic way. Your wish has got to be the sole purpose of your life, but at the same time you must be able to change your focus at any moment. That's why the Sovereign must be the wielder of the Terrible Sword of Want. That's also why Aesma, Prim and Het get all those stories about them - although their methods amd personalities differ, they all share Want.
>>
File: aa6.jpg (63 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
aa6.jpg
63 KB, 537x416
This thread is a glaring example of people catching the very fearmongering and self-victimizing that they hate from SJWs.

I can't help but get the impression that the majority of people criticizing this arc and it's themes are an incredibly poor audience who don't consume much outside literature.

"If it's modern, on the internet and involves women in any way it must be bad. It must be 'the enemy.' It must go against me." without any ability to simply read the story for what it is.

I'm incredibly disappointed in /co/, considering that the board IS wholly dedicated to a form of creative media.

>If Mottom were male, would it still be an issue for you? They're a bunch of shithead demon god-kings. Of course he was a bad guy. Why does it offend you so that SHE is the one saying that he is a bad guy? Would you still care if he had gotten off on mutilating male characters, and a male character had killed him as a result?
It genuinely shits me to no end that there are people who can't look at and comprehend what's in front of them for what it is. Abbadon is a hell of a writer and has presented you with a story in which gender is of absolutely no consequence, but you can't help but focus on it.
>tl;dr death of creative story-telling
>this is why 50 shades, twilight and GoT are popular jesus fucking christ you disgust me
>>
>>83717643
people who complain about people arguing over politics are just as cancerous as the political shitposters, anon
>>
File: 1444030625188.gif (3 MB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
1444030625188.gif
3 MB, 350x280
>>83717709
This is the first and likely only post I'm going to make on the matter. I'm too busy actually creating the stories I want to read.
>>
>>83698860
Not at first, really. Like, it took a long time and all sorts of mindbreak shit to bring her around.
>>
I hope we see more of these guys. What a colorful cast of characters. Hell, Abadon should develop a Smash Bros style game featuring these sick cunts.

>>83717643
>I'm incredibly disappointed in /co/
Shut the fuck up mom. By posting this you only further the shitty argument you claim to hate.

>>83708855
>>83711392
>>83713071
don't forget the super-slicy hands too, those are very important
>>
>>83718277
>I hope we see more of these guys.
They are the extra guests mentioned a few pages back.
>>
File: FUCKHEUG MURDERBABY.png (147 KB, 320x233) Image search: [Google]
FUCKHEUG MURDERBABY.png
147 KB, 320x233
>>83718391
oh shit, I thought they were referring to Juggs and Whitechain
>>
>>83718428
They can be seen in the "crowd shots" of the ball after that mention IIRC.
>>
>>83718460
I guess I need to pay better attention then.
>>
>>83718460
Can confirm, we can see Eris Lo-Kai and Yanyi in 5-89.

Kierinsaval is the best Pursuer btw.
>>
>>83719198
>best Pursuer
>not Hrotmos
>>
>>83701234
No one is turning on the comic, yet. We are just suspicious at how sympathetically the evil mass-murdering cunt worse than a thousand Hitlers is being portrayed. Good comics have turned into SJW garbage before.
>>
>>83716568
Why do you keep saying "India" like India is not full of rape or slavery?
>>
>>83719934
Bad guys not just being one-sided and being sympathetic is a good thing.
>>
>>83719976
Sometimes. Like I said, we have to wait and see.
>>
File: who.jpg (82 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
82 KB, 500x647
So what do you think about pic related? Is this Allison after becoming the Rising King? What did she mean by this?
>>
>>83720293
Literally who and where did you get this?
>>
>>83720395
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-79/
Ctrl+A, beneath the panel is a link. Follow it. Here's the picture.
>>
>>83720515
the plot thiccccens
>>
>>83720293
Well, they've got the same eye color and both have a key so I'd say it's probably Allison
>>
>>83720293
it's strongly hinted that it's Allison, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a fake-out. It being Allison would be bad ass though, so it's my head canon that is.

>What did she mean by this?
what do you mean? It was a response to the page it was posted under, where they say the new king's name is "Kill Six Billion Demons". It's a meta joke.
>>
>>83719275
>>83719198
> Not Layla Brimstone

Am I the only one who's still loyal to the Gun Witch
>>
>>83673915
...except that's exactly what the main character tells her
>>
Should i start reading this?

Not used to webcomics, but i read necropolis.
>>
>>83723722
Yes. You'll love it. Have this wallpaper I use
>>
>>83723722
Yes. Kill 6 billion demons is the webcomic Necropolis wishes it could be.
>>
>>83720293
My favorite part about this is that it basically means the whole destiny gots it's fangs in you girl" part of Mottoms speech was 100% correct.
>>
Now call me slow, but could someone please explain to me what Allison meant when she said "No, I think I want to hear this offer" when referring to Maya's question about death? Wad that the sword of Maybe in action?

>>83721456
Sorry anon, but the giant gold murderbaby is a billion times cooler than your /k/waifu.

>>83722171
Give it up anon, no matter how many times we point it out, there will be people claiming otherwise.
>>
>>83721456
She's cool but I've always liked Ingsvld the most
>>
>>83687921
The various adventures of men and women (often rising into positions of power) captured by pirates was pretty common in both the Christian and Muslim world according to some book on the Byzantine Empire I just read
>>
>>83690005

Solomon David
>>
>>83724903
>Now call me slow, but could someone please explain to me what Allison meant when she said "No, I think I want to hear this offer" when referring to Maya's question about death?
You misunderstood, Allison didn't want to hear Maya's offer.

Allison just recognized several of the people who had previously tried to kill her and wanted to get the hell out of there.

Allison was speaking to Mottom, she wants Mottom to get to the point already--and hopefully get to the point in a separate room that hopefully contains less assassins.
>>
>>83724477
Don't say that, necrowaifu is pretty cool.

>>83723877
You're so kind. Thanks. (wuts happening to her face tho)
>>
>>83725567
Nothing?
>>
File: alchohol wizardry.png (794 KB, 517x735) Image search: [Google]
alchohol wizardry.png
794 KB, 517x735
>>83725300
thanks
>>
>>83725239
Cesar was captured by pirates. He promised that when he got free, he would kill every last one of them. When he became emperor he made good on that promise and virtually eliminated piracy form the Mediterranean under his rule.
>>
File: LIQUIIIID.jpg (31 KB, 218x314) Image search: [Google]
LIQUIIIID.jpg
31 KB, 218x314
>>83682526
>>83695365
I was rereading for fun when I happened to spot this.
>>
File: BEAKIE MARINES.jpg (62 KB, 238x368) Image search: [Google]
BEAKIE MARINES.jpg
62 KB, 238x368
>it's an "Abbadon shamelessly and awesomely slips in a reference to Warhammer 40k" episode
>>
>>83729056
Yeah, that guy had it around the wrong way. Delicious is the vapour one.
>>
File: Spoopy ANGELS.png (3 MB, 1700x1172) Image search: [Google]
Spoopy ANGELS.png
3 MB, 1700x1172
>>83731237
Yeah, so far we've seen
>Vapor: Delish
>Liquid: White Tranny
>Ingneous: Juggsie
>Crystal: Michael
>Neutron: Metatron

I'd be interested to see what a little baby Plasma angel looks like.
>>
>>83718277
I want to marry a laya!
Monkey is fine too
>>
>>83729608
Er... you do realize that the beak helmets from Warhammer 40k are based on actual helmet designs, right?
>>
File: Marines Asshole.jpg (51 KB, 600x310) Image search: [Google]
Marines Asshole.jpg
51 KB, 600x310
>>83732692
Er... you do realize that the author's pen-name is Abbadon, named after the WH40K Chaos Warlord Abbadon the Despoiler, and that he's explicitly stated on this board how balls-deep into Warhammer he is, right?

Look at this shit, even the color and venting is the same.
>>
>>83732831
Isn't Abaddon just another biblical term, which is where the 40k character gets his name? And isn't the helmet not limited to just being yellow? As for the venting, they are clearly different since the marine has 3 parallel slits on the helmet while the things from the comic just have 3 holes stacked together in a triangle.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.