[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will future MCU movies acknowledge Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: ATCU.png (31 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
ATCU.png
31 KB, 270x270
In the past year Agents of SHIELD established that:
Members of several Asian countries and Australia know Coulson is alive, and has relations with the ATCU
The Prime Minister of Russia and the leader of the radical pro-Human organization, the Watchdogs, are fully aware that SHIELD exists.
The NuHumans outbreak is ongoing, and enhanced individuals are subject to the scrutiny of the Accords.
And in the same year parts of New York were the battlefield of ninjas, vigilantes, and super humans.

Shouldn't Marvel movies be acknowledging this? Even if it's in the form Tony, Cap, or any other character referencing the events of these shows?

I'd love to see Coulson and Quake appear in a movie, even if it's just in the form of a small cameo.
>>
>>83672573
If it doesn't impact the story, then they should. It if does, then they shouldn't go out of their way just to have them.

In all honesty if it didn't happen in the Whedon movie when Perlmutter was still with the movie side and they plotted it all just to have the other SHIELD interns instead, it probably won't happen in the future.

Also in all honesty, not all 616 comics cross over with eachother and they all work just fine. The further away from the movies SHIELD has gotten since the TWS turn, the better it has got, because it needs to rely on plot and characters instead of references (despite them still sprinkling those) and has become the best straight up capeshow in broadcast tv.

The Netflix ones even less sense, really. They work best when being ignored by the gods and just wallowing in the common man misery. Not even SHIELD needs to acknowledge those or it would lessen the impact on each show, even if the threats are pretty big.

All in all, if they want to make a montage of humanity triumphing against Thanos and show the non-movie heroes rescuing people near their homes with not a lot of dialogue, fine, otherwise, heh. Coherent extended universe is better than incoherent shared universe.

I'd rather they keep the separate tones for variety's sake than just to mush it all together. With the Sokovia Accords in place, it makes a lot more sense for both the Netflix and SHIELD to exist un-acknowledged and unimpeded. Heck, as far as I care, they can just say that Daredevil S1 only happened after Civil War.
>>
>>83672573
Why would it acknowledge the actions of a clandestine task force or the actions of a myth-esque vigilante. Spider man makes sense because he's living large with big displays of ability. Daredevil and SHIELD are effective at staying in the shadows.
>>
>>83672624
This.

It's not like the Avengers aren't all busy fighting their shit to take notice of a few Mobs, trials, police incompetence and elaborate pranks, and what appear to be explosions and earthquakes in Southern California warehouses.
>>
>>83672573
No, Season 3 ended by putting everyone intentionally in a place where, should SHIELD show back up in the movies, they wouldn't have to acknowledge the show.

Daisy is just another vigilante being tracked by a small team.

Coulson is just an agent again.

Fitz and Simmons are just two of the many SHIELD scientists.
>>
>Agents of Apocrypha
>being referenced by the King Feige Edition of the Holy MCU after the Council of Disneya
>>
>>83672624
It's pretty odd they never mention inhumans when talking about the accord in CW
>>
>>83673238
A bit, yeah, but the Sokovia Accords pertain only to the Avengers, it's not superhero registration or anything, like in the comics.

They were responsible for Sokovia going kablooey, so they have to operate within the new boundaries from then on.
>>
File: aos.jpg (345 KB, 1038x1046) Image search: [Google]
aos.jpg
345 KB, 1038x1046
No
>>
>>83673798
What is it like to be wrong? https://twitter.com/MarvelSupport/status/736203649593016320
>>
>>83673888
>https://twitter.com/MarvelSupport/status/736203649593016320

Literally who?
>>
>>83673924
> not recognizing an official Marvel Twitter account
>>
>>83673966
>twitter

Oh, for a second there I thought you actually had an argument. Give it up /tv/, it will never be cannon.
>>
I had a dream the other night that Kingpin appeared in Spider-Man Homecoming and it was glorious.
>>
>>83674030
> implying I'm not /co/
>Trying this hard
Here's your (you)
>>
>>83672573
The producer of the MCU basically had the rest of Marvel fired from influencing the movies.

So while they might have Daredevil and the others show up in a cameo if they want to get absolutely everyone in the movie, it's doubtful Feige cares what happens in the TV shows.
>>
>>83672596

You mean like the PHASE and IMPACT from Onslaught right? That'd be neat.
>>
>>83673238
The writers literally did not know about the Inhumans stuff in AoS, which is awesome.
>>
>>83672573
the big problem is that movies take so much longer to make than the tv shows do that it's really hard to include something in a script for a movie that acknowledges something from a TV show that won't occur for another year or two
>>
>>83674543
Which I find a little surprising because they wrote the Agent Carter pilot, but I guess they're too busy to pay attention to the TV shows apart from that.
>>
>>83674122
I'd like to think The Defenders could be supporting, side characters in the upcoming Homecoming movie, if only because of the sheer proximity between Hell's Kitchen, Stark Tower, and the rest of NYC.

Just a scene or two of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones beating up some bad guys while Spider-Man is fighting the Vulture.
>>
>>83674697
Carter S1 was produced by the movie studio. Joe Russo directed the second one.
>>
>>83674859
>second one
second episode, that is, not second season.
>>
>>83674626
True, and barring season 1 (which had its plot rewritten at the last minute once they were notified of Winter Soldier----which is why the Rising Tide plot dropped off the face of the Earth after episode 3 or so), AoS has been really skillful about navigating around the movie plots.

The NuHuman outbreak in particular seems like a very easy way to introduce more super humans into the movies with little to no exposition required-----I'd like to think future script writers would take advantage of that(for Captain Marvel, Black Panthar, or any other movie).
>>
>>83672596
>In all honesty if it didn't happen in the Whedon movie when Perlmutter was still with the movie side and they plotted it all just to have the other SHIELD interns instead, it probably won't happen in the future.

Probably, but Coulson not appearing was due to Whedon being absolutely against it. If Feige has mercy on the TV side of things, he could allow something.
>>
>>83672573
I honestly don't understand why in Age of Ultron when Fury comes in with the helicarrier, there wasn't members of the AoS crew running. It wouldn't be out of place and would make a lot more sense than the guy that keeps fumbling his words.
>>
>>83675075
>Coulson not appearing was due to Whedon being absolutely against it
Yeah, but Fitz and Simmons would've been fair game. Quake would be hard to have and not help destroy the bots.

Also, Evans has said that he tried to Fight Whedon against the "Language" joke. That, the excessive deleted scenes, it seems like Ultron was a salvage job from the studio than from him, creative committee and everything.

Although, I'll give him credit that at least he owned up to it and blamed no one else for the movie, like he usually does when his stuff isn't as well received (Firefly changing Mal's personality between episodes, the frog/lightning joke in X-men, etc).
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.