[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lmao, drawn depiction of Muhammad in TMNT Adventures issue 35.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: TMNTAdventures#35page07.jpg (606 KB, 1280x1970) Image search: [Google]
TMNTAdventures#35page07.jpg
606 KB, 1280x1970
lmao, drawn depiction of Muhammad in TMNT Adventures issue 35. I used to read these back in the 90's and nobody said anything about this being a problem.

Fast forward a few decades and South Park can't show Muhammed or even talk about Islam without getting beeped over by network executives, even in the DVD commentary.
>>
>>83671742
That's even weirder than that time the turtles convinced Hitler to commit suicide.
>>
>>83671742
it's like that whole 'cows are sacred in india' meme
it's true of a few extremists but not ALL of them
though everything else OTHER than depicting muhammad in this (and as a serious anglo and a half) is extremely offensive, to kind of anyone. which, yknow, is their right. but probably wasn't intentional on the part of fucking Archie comics. then again seeing what they've been up to lately..
also, nice typo guys, 610 BC wouldn't make a lot of sense would it?
>>
File: SOON.jpg (396 KB, 1148x1030) Image search: [Google]
SOON.jpg
396 KB, 1148x1030
>>83671742
It wasn't a problem then, so it really shouldn't be now. People have gotten so pussified the PC police now have free reign to censor whatever they want. It will end soon though.
>>
>>83671742
Am Muslim from SEA, can confirm MOST of the information immediately accurate. SOME, I might need to check again.

(Oh, and Abraham was believed to have built the Ka'ba with Ishmael, IIIRC.)

If my Religious Studies textbook illustrations had presented their topics in such refreshing art and bright colours (minus the depictions too taboo to deal with, duh), I wouldn't be as meh learning the subject as I was back then in primary.

Really, though. A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic did this....pretty intriguing.

Do I feel offended? Nah. There a lot more details to how Muhammad was described in physique. (Don't take it from me, though, I'm no scholar.) Besides, there's a belief it would be impossible for anyone to try depicting him accurately. Apparently, it was said that there was no one similar to him before and after his lifetime (I believe the remark was attributed to his nephew Ali, if memoryserves me right.)

> Fast forward a few decades and South Park can't show Muhammed or even talk about Islam without getting beeped over by network executives
I have a hunch it's because South Park was aired also internationally, even to places where standards of humour acceptable to the public are way different to what Americans get exposed to. American satire doesn't fly to everyone there. The CC people wouldn't risk another more bigger outrage since the threat by the radical "Revolution Muslim" group, I guess.

Why, Sri Lanka (70% Buddhist) banned the series because the same episodes had Buddha snorted cocaine.
>>
610 BC? I thought Islam was post Jesus?

Also, is that supposed to be Muhammad or Abraham?
>>
>>83673545
it's funny because, from the description, i would have believed that the 'threat' the SP guys received was just a legitimate honest warning "if you keep doing this you're going to end up dead" was the jist of it..

then fastforward a year or so and those guys got arrested for straight up open terrorist activity.. so.. yikes.
>>
>>83673690
yeah they fucked up their AD/BC. islam was founded around 600 AD
>>83673545
seriously? this sounds like straight up insane scifi shit. that's actually how it went?
>>
>>83673233
ohhhh gross, someone just left a big pile of /pol/ here
>>
>>83673854
I consider how The Black Stone came to be in the "some, I might need to check again" category...I am checking it again with other tabs as we speak.

The info on the "most" category:
>the deities around the Ka'ba
>how Muhammad became a prophet
Though what actually happened (if my memory on the Prophet's history serves me right):
1. Gabriel/Jibril appeared in front of him inside that cave
2. Gabriel asked him to read some few passages. (Chapter 96, verse 1-5)
3. Muhammad said he didn't know how being illiterate.
4. Gabriel gave him a smothering hug.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 a few times.
6. Jibril showed him how to read those passages.
7. Jibril left.
8. Muhammad panics and flees back to his house, tells his wife what happened.
9. NEXT DAY: They met wife's relative who was a priest, that priest confirms that that was the same angel God sent to Moses.
>>
>>83673854
>>83674349
Ah yes, the Black Stone. So, Abraham asked Ishmael to get some stone to make as a beacon for the Kaaba. While Ishmael was searching, Gabriel/Jibril (yep, same angel) came down with the stone and gave it to him.
Ishmael ran back to a delighted Abraham, he told his dad what happened.

I guess that people can interpret the angel's delivery as that depicted of OP's pic?

One more: some sources say that Abraham and son might have REBUILT the Kaaba, but that's probably unconfirmed.
>>
>>83675078
who'd win in a fight: Muhammed or Jesus Christ (Christianity's Holy Trinity Jesus not Islam's penultimate prophet Jesus)?
>>
>>83675078
also could Mohammed move a mountain or was that just PR ?
>>
>>83673854

>sounds like straight up insane scifi shit

yeah that's religion. check your old testament sometime

>>83675457

classic /co/
>>
>>83675488
I love you, Anon.
>>
File: TMNT Adventures issue 20 page 2.jpg (630 KB, 643x1007) Image search: [Google]
TMNT Adventures issue 20 page 2.jpg
630 KB, 643x1007
So yeah, i downloaded all these because i missed having these comics and it's more educational than i remember, what with all the different regions of the world they explore. Truly, truly bizarre... but surprisingly educational.

Except for the monster that poops from his head. That's not very educational...
>>
File: 1379094801875.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1379094801875.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>83675488
Never heard of that one before...turns out it first appeared in a writing of some English author named Francis Bacon.

[ https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/if_the_mountain_won%27t_come_to_Muhammad ]

>Though widely attributed to Muhammad, the prophet of Islam who lived in Arabia in 6th century, there is no written or oral tradition that traces this phrase back to him.

>There is however, a phrase in Turkish, "Dağ sana gelmezse, sen dağa gideceksin…" ("If the mountain won't come to you, you must go to the mountain")
>>
>>83671742
>the ultimate power in the universe was time, the indifferent process of change that takes everything forward to the finality of death

Wow, that's pretty much the Hindu line: I am time, destroyer of worlds.
>>
>>83671742
Send it Isis twitter so that the naughty infidels may be dealt with.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.