[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain Pax Americana to me? I've read it like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
Can someone explain Pax Americana to me? I've read it like 3 times and still don't get anything
>>
>>83670998
read it backwards
>>
>>83671028
my brain not good for smart making though! Like, I get that it's backwards, but what's happening
>>
>>83671028
>>83671043
>>83670998
like, why was the president killed and shit
>>
>>83670998
It's a Mobius loop in the form of a comic book. You read it as it's published and it takes you back to beginning of the story. You can then read it backwards to form a loop. Also even when reading backwards the story isn't told in a linear fashion. There have been several storytimes of the book in actual chronological order. You can read the story in any of these orders and it is actually encouraged to give it multiple reads in different orders to get everything out of the story. The story on it's own is pretty good but if you look at the way the story was told it makes it even better. Honestly I feel it was the best book of 2015 in that respect. Plus the art was amazing, so that helps.
>>
Did you read it in chronological order?
>>
>>83671113
To fully grasp what is going on in the story you need to read it as published, then backwards, then in actual chronological order. I'm sure one of the story times is in the archive somewhere. You'll miss things unless you read it multiple times in different orders.
>>
someone must have made a dl link for the chronological order
>>
>>83671113
It's been a while since I read it but I think the formula said it was required to engineer world peace. Like a martyr thing.

Half the fun is figuring it out though. It's almost less of a comic than it is a puzzle you have to solve.
>>
>>83671113
He believed that if he was killed and resurrected, then world peace would be achieved.
>>
>>83670998
I'm going to get a few ">comicsalliance"s for this, but:
http://comicsalliance.com/multiversity-annotations-part-4-morrison-quitely-pax-americana/
Fair warning: if you need to rely on others' explanations to understand it, it will not be fun. It happened to me.
>>
I'm going to read it a bunch more times. maybe my brain can smart make it
>>
>>83670998
There's nothing hard to get m8, what is confusing you?
>>
>>83672318
I have a hard time grasping things, anon. But I'm reading through it again with intent to do it backwardsb as well.
>>
I REALLY wish we got to see more of this world.

I really wish The Multiversity were set up more like Seven Soldiers, with four issues being dedicated to each world instead of a single issue. But it was more or less fine the way it was. Even still, I NEED to see more of Earth-4, Earth-5, and Earth-20. I need more of that shit in my life.
>>
>>83671135
>Plus the art was amazing, so that helps.
We really need more Frank Quitely art in comics.
>>
test
>>
File: pax line.png (424 KB, 2056x89) Image search: [Google]
pax line.png
424 KB, 2056x89
>>83671028
>backwards
No read it all at once.
>>
shit, now 4chan works. Do I read it page by page backwards, panel by panel backwards, or bubble by bubble backwards?

please don't answer with yes
>>
>>83672649
yes and no
>>
File: 1461439409528.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1461439409528.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>83672664
>>
>>83672689
WHY DOES THIS WORK
>>
>>83672542
There will be more of these worlds if writers write more in them, or he wrote more in them. Since we are going to get Multiversity Too - even if the first issue is just an older Flash story he's been wanting to write, it won't be on any of the more common Earths (0, 2 or 3) and more than likely will be more along the lines of say Society of Superheroes or ThunderWorld, without the overarching elements such as the vibrational cube that first appeared in Action Comics v2 ninth issue, with Calvin Ellis (I also suspect we won't see as much of President Supeman in any future issues), however these issues likely still including other elements that appeared in the nine original issues (including the Guidebook) such as the use of the Flash of Two World's comic books to communicate with other worlds.
>>
File: moz 2.png (2 MB, 1801x649) Image search: [Google]
moz 2.png
2 MB, 1801x649
WHY DOES HE TAKE DELIGHT IN BEING SO TRICKY?
>>
>>83673018
Is he making a joke about mspaint's paint bucket usage?
>>
>>83672996
I really wish DC would publish some kind of 'DC Multiverse' anthology title that would feature stories all across the Earths, some of them rotating with each arc.
>>
>>83673382

He's making a joke about you trying to figure out what he's making a joke about.
>>
File: morrison rebirth reach.jpg.png (2 MB, 1102x789) Image search: [Google]
morrison rebirth reach.jpg.png
2 MB, 1102x789
Harley killed his father (Yellowjacket) as a boy. Later, at his father's grave, Allen revealed to Harley "The Ultimate Algorithm. The Pattern that Explains Everything." This is Algorithm 8.
Harley's original plan was for Peacemaker to kill him, and for Allen to resurrect him (Only a Superhero can bring the president back to life, only a superhero can redeem the ultimate villain. And restore symmetry a broken world.) This would prevent the dark ages that Algorithm 8 predicted.
So the Gentry and the Gentry-influenced people don't want this to happen, so first they kill/remove Allen, and then kill Nora before she can tell Peacemaker that Allen's gone, and that the assassination should be called off. With Harley dead and without Allen to resurrect him, the VP (who's being influenced by the Gentry) to shut down the Pax and to lead to the dark ages, as the Gentry want.
>>
>>83670998
Storytime it.
>>
>>83673018
>>83673382
dobsonface.jpg
>>
>>83673699
Already did.>>83672598
>>
>>83672649
scene by scene imo
>>
>>83672598
this is antkino
>>
>>83672542
I just want more of Adam Allen, particularly in his red, blue and yellow outfit that we only saw the back of during President Hartley's speech.
>>83673389
There was almost one, a new Infinity Inc., with a Supergirl leading a team. Unfortunately, the writer wanted to incorporate social justice bullshit like Occupy Wallstreet.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.