[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: Shrek_the_third_ver2.jpg (90 KB, 300x441) Image search: [Google]
Shrek_the_third_ver2.jpg
90 KB, 300x441
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>83669631
Yeah
>>
ye
>>
No.

It was worse.
>>
Question is, is it as bad as the fourth one?
>>
>>83669693
I actually like the 4th movie
>>
>>83669631
It was bland at best.
>>
>>83669631
They're making third Shrek movie? I guess that might be cool.
>>
Not only was it bad, it was bad despite the fact that Eric Idle was in it.
>>
Shrek 1 was great.

Shrek 2 was even better!

I can't remember a goddamned thing about the ones past those, they were so forgettable.
>>
>>83669693
The fourth was better but it was still bad.
>>
It was so bad that I didn't even watched the next one.
>>
>>83669631
By the time this movie came around Shrek was hitting a steep decline. Dreamworks did not know when to stop or try to repackage the franchise in a cheaper way.
Puss In Boots flopped hard. Then the other Shrek after. Then they kept making shorts. Then they started to lose money and had no choice but to make new properties.
>>
It was dreck.
>>
File: CBoyardee.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
CBoyardee.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>83670956
>>
AND THEN I SAW HER FACE
>>
>>83669631
I'm pretty sure I saw it, but I can't recall if I saw the whole thing. Like I'm not sure if it was so bad that I just don't remember any of it, or so bad that I didn't bother watching it in it's entirety.
>>
>>83669631
can't remember anything from 3 or 4
>>
Like some others, I genuinely can't remember a single thing about the 3rd film, other than the nightmare scene with the baby in the cradle (or stroller? Can't remember) spewing vomit at Shrek. But even that I'm not 100% sure on.
>>
>>83669631
My ranking: 2,1,3,4
3 was forgettable but okay, 4 was bad, 2 was great and had the fairy godmother which gave me gay and confusing feelings, 1 was great
>>
File: 1464937823589.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1464937823589.png
21 KB, 900x900
I watched this movie, and I can't remember any of it, and by reading the comments of other anons, seems like I'm not the only one.
>>
I remember Lancelot having the same face and hair models as Prince Charming. I don't know if it was a deliberate choice or they were simply lazy
>>
The only good thing about 3 was Eric Idle as the zany wizard.

Everything else was either just boring (Arthur), unfunny (baby jokes) or the series just spinning its wheels with self referential humour (too much to list)
>>
>>83669631
>>83669631

3rd was forgettable... it had to do with Arthur and that's it. Nothing adventures nor memorable because the little bitch was whinny throughout the movie, and I lost interest. Unlike 2nd and 1st, they were both god tier.
>>
>>83669631
It was mainly that it had to follow the pretty good Shrek 2 and simply wasn't that good of a movie.
>>
The first two were good. Last two were milking the cash cow dry.
>>
File: why.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>83669631
I literally remember nothing of the 3rd movie it was just so bland and boring. It left a really bad taste in people's mouth because of how good Shrek 2 was and desu I was hyped for it, but man the 3rd movie was such a snoozefest.
>>
File: ptp.jpg (10 KB, 306x334) Image search: [Google]
ptp.jpg
10 KB, 306x334
None of them were good.
>>
>>83669631
The only good part was snow white going Led Zeppelin and using the animals to attack everything.
>>
>>83672287
Girls on /co/ are the best
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 323x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 323x375
>>83677550
GET

OUT

OF

MY

SWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP
>>
File: 1396477274839.gif (1 MB, 330x312) Image search: [Google]
1396477274839.gif
1 MB, 330x312
you know on those display tvs in the electronic shops?

they always seem to play shrek 2
are the sequels that bad?
>>
i found it tolerable at best. definitely the worst in the series, though.
>>
>>83669631
i liked the Worcestershire joke but everything else was average at best
>>
>>83669631
You have to understand that at the time Shrek was on everything, it was almost as bad as the minions are today. With so much hype on the movie it turns from mediocre to awful.
>>
I remember that Donkey and Puss changing bodies for the whole money got really tedious.
I remember that I actually laughed at Prince Charming getting into his dressing room, which happened to be just an alley with a chair and a mirror.
I remember Arthur being a shit. But the high school setting for Camelot was good. Wasted potential.
I remember the whole movie being just a walk to somewhere then going back. The other movies also do this but this one was particularly dull. Maybe it was uneventful, maybe it was how it was filmed.
I remember the climax being ok.
I also remember the other princesses delivering decent gags, especially Sleeping Beauty.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.