[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any memories if viewing stuff late at night on adultswim? I remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Any memories if viewing stuff late at night on adultswim? I remember they used to show a bunch of weird and unusual stuff.

I remember in the the early 2000's there were nights were they would play the 1960's astro boy cartoon. Back then they seemed really surreal and bizarre to me.
>>
>>83667865
I remember when they used Courage Wolf.

And they used him wrong.
>>
The dawn is your enemy
>>
O Canada definitely
Used to freak the shit out me, it and watching Bill Plympton cartoons on late night HBO really contributed to me enjoying and seeking out more abstract and surreal media as I got older
>>
>>83667865
i hope this thread doesnt get deleted like the last one
i know you were there op
>>
I just remember shit like Super Milk Chan and that time they played Pee-Wee's Playhouse for a little while.

Also this bumper scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>83668086
The O Canada short about cloning and death and The Cat Came Back stick in my mind hard.
>>
>>83667865

I'd remember thinking that Candidate for Goddess was a deep show.

Even to this date, even in light of how poorly received it was, I am thinking of giving it a complete watch through just to know if it's alright or not.

My first anime convention witnessed me seeing Toonami coming back to life, so uh, yeah. That was pretty fucking awesome.
>>
>>83667865
Astro Boy, Pee Wee's Playhouse, Gigantor, and Mr. T.
>>
>>83668228
>>83668421
I can't believe I forgot to mention peewee's playhouse in the OP, that was always on actually. If I'm remembering right they used to always play it until about 2010 I believe.
>>
>>83668369
>I am thinking of giving it a complete watch through just to know if it's alright or not.

I'll save you the trouble. It's boring. Very boring.
>>
>>83668760

I really, really appreciate the advice. I admit though, after the drawl bomb of banality that was Only Yesterday by Studio fucking Ghilbi of all studios, I think I'll take Candidate for Goddess.

Call me a masochist and I think I have a thing for pain at this point but I'll just say it the classic way: "My body is ready." Plus, I think after sitting through that movie I think I can take anything by this point.

Further memories have me recall how fucking badass it was to watch Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebob, and how excited I was to watch Yu Yu Hakusho. I never got to watch .hack//SIGN though. Played the games, eh, they're alright. Made me wish MMOs were just like The World.
>>
>>83668930

>bebob

hahaha, fuck, I dun goofed.
>>
File: 1439165548366.jpg (28 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1439165548366.jpg
28 KB, 320x240
>>83668126
Why did the last one get deleted? It was so close to the bump limit that it didn't even matter. I swear, the moderation here is baffling.
>>
Bump

I want another tezuka thread.
>>
>>83667865
I remember they would play a bunch of old cartoons around that time. But not anymore now it's a bunch of random and cringe humor garbage.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>83667865
This creepy shit right here
>>
Never got into Gigantor or Astro Boy.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.