[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marvel's Scarlet coming to HBO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: scarlet-comic-page.png (247 KB, 446x299) Image search: [Google]
scarlet-comic-page.png
247 KB, 446x299
>Marvel Comics writer and creator Brian Michael Bendis said today that a series adaptation of his Marvel/Icon title Scarlet, co-created with artist Alex Maleev, is in development at HBO. The co-creator of the Marvel character Jessica Jones and the long-running Marvel/Icon title Powers, both which have been adapted for television, was on hand today at the ATX Television Festival in Austin where he made the announcement.

>Speaking about his ongoing comics work, Bendis said “I do a book called Scarlet which is soon to be announced also in our universe of television. Not announced yet, but HBO.” Bendis was careful to add that the project is “at the earliest stage”, but that “the team around it… will be announce as soon as all are on the same page.”

>First published in 2010, the series follows a rebellious young Portland, Oregon woman named Scarlet Rue who ends up sparking a second American revolution. Drawing comparisons to (among other things) The Punisher in tone, the series is known for confrontational politics and intense violence. As Bendis put it during today’s panel, “Scarlet is a list of things you can’t get made. Here’s a female lead who’s killing cops because her world is broken.” But, he says, “when it was sold it was sold to people who were actively looking for that, so that put us in a good place. So stay tuned.”

https://deadline.com/2016/06/atx-brian-michael-bendis-scarlet-hbo-1201770613/
>>
>>83666412
So that's why it started coming out again
>>
>>83666412
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Where were you when Bendis won.
>>
>>83666412
Well I'm hoping this is better than his Powers TV show.
>>
Well WB has won TV so it's no real surprise I guess
>>
She's going to get BLACKED, right?

>Here's a female lead who's killing cops because her world is broken
lel Black lives matter
>>
>>83666412
Does she have any good comic runs
>>
>>83666412
> >Speaking about his ongoing comics work, Bendis said “I do a book called Scarlet which

"Scarlet Witch?"
"No, Scarlet, which."
"That's what I said. Who's on first?"
>>
File: Fred Flinstone smoking.jpg (57 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
Fred Flinstone smoking.jpg
57 KB, 488x410
>>83666412
>Punisher show won't be HBO
Netflix is decent, but not as good as HBO
Shame
>>
>>83666557
There's only been 10 issues, it's a creator-owned series. It's not really a Marvel character. As much as Kick-Ass is I guess.
>>
>>83666602
>wanting Punisher on HBO
For what purpose?
>>
>>83666617
Isn't Icon basically just a fake imprint Marvel created to keep Bendis and Brubaker's creator-owned work in-house?
>>
>>83666412
Why. Seriously. Who fucking wants this.

Vic Sage Question HBO show or bust.
>>
>>83666642
yes
>>
>>83666412
I thought that was Black Widow at first.
>>
>>83666642
It's for any exclusive creator, Marvel has first rights of refusal over any creator-owned books (just the rights to publish, not to own). It doesn't get used much and often they pass on books -- Tony Harris and James Robinson's book Roundeye had to be offered because Robinson is exclusive, and they passed.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 500x328
>>83666636
Cause its shows's production budget is higher and it actually allows swearing?
>>
>>83666711
>Cause its shows's production budget is higher
[Citation needed]

>and it actually allows swearing?
Swearing isn't an issue on Netflix. It's Marvel that doesn't want f-bombs or nudity in their shows.
>>
>>83666841
HBO shows have pretty lavish budgets. Game of Thrones couldn't be done on the budget of a regular cable show.
>>
>>83666504
wat
>>
>>83666875
Depends on the show. True Blood looked like shit.
>>
What a fucking waste
>>
>>83666412
Man, I kinda liked Scarlet but fucking why? The series went on hiatus after like 6 issues and then we were only getting like one issue a year after that.
>>
>>83667505
Seriously, this series is at the bottom of the fucking list of things that should be given a series on HBO.
>>
>>83666412
I remember reading it and the premise but I can't remember anything that happens in it.

I do remember that I got really confused when a second red-haired woman showed up because the art had a terrible case of same face.
>>
The article got updated. It's actually going to Cinemax.
>>
>>83666412
Fucking Marvel cucking WB by using a WB-owned channel before they do.
>>
How the fuck does this guy do it? how the fuck can he get 3 shows on TV...well two really, one is Marvel's(Jessica Jones).
>>
>>83667505
Isn't he doing the same with Powers? I dont read the comic, but apparently it gets delayed time after time, yet we got a second season to the show.

I guess he will shit on the comic and write episodes for the show.
>>
>>83667951
Powers has a ton of comics.
>>
>>83667707
So WB still wins you idiot.
>>
>>83666504
>She's going to get BLACKED, right?
Of course. You legally can't have a superhero show on TV right now without somebody getting BLACKED.
>>
>>83667951
Powers has loads more content and issues. I think if you total all the issues you would get about 90 or so issues of content. Admittedly this is Bendis so not as much as you would think with 90 issues.
>>
>>83668579
This isn't capeshit, you fucking dumbass mongoloid.
>>
File: bendis dance.gif (1 MB, 419x237) Image search: [Google]
bendis dance.gif
1 MB, 419x237
>>83666412
Bendis wins again, /co/ BTFO!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>83668117
Hum ok, tks for clarifying that, since I only notice it getting postponed Imhad no idea if it had many or not.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.