[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apocalypse was brilliant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Irony.jpg (116 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
Irony.jpg
116 KB, 500x740
One thing I like about Poccy in this film is that despite all his powers, and obsession he is incredibly reliant on others . The dude takes new mutants like pokemon yet it cant cover up hos fundamental weakness.

Think about it, aside from his earthbending all his powers are basically support moves. Teleporting for team bus, the mutant power boost to recruit horsemen, technopathy to learn, and healing to tank. To do real damage he has to act through others. Magneto killed more people in this film than anyone else, and his master plan was to hijack Xavier so he could go all Darkseid Is on the world. Even his body is frail without the power armor and he is depenedent on his solar pyrmaids to aquire his new firms and stay alive. Even in the opebing he would be dead if the Horseman didnt keep saving his ass, and he lost both times due to betrayl because of his dependancy on his acolytes.

Charles really hammered it home with the "you are alone bit. " I actually like how they built a whole little character profile around the take over the world power level wanker. Just look how totally triggered he was just by the IDEA of powers beyond his.(Or fucking hell, weapons in general )
>>
Rotten Tomatoes told me this movie was bad.
Go be a contrarian somewhere else.
>>
>>83662416
My problem isn't with world building or anything like that. It was mainly that they kept saying cliche lines (read "they" as mostly J law).
"I'm not a hero"
"I work alone"
"You're not kids, you're Xmen"
Etc...
Also make up for Apocolypse. These took me out of it but other than that I liked what it did!
If someone was able to edit it together better then it would be just tremendously better.
>>
He was the most comic accurate character in a cape movie.
>>
>>83663047
Is there some DEEPEST LORE behind all the polymorphic blue mutants?
>>
>>83662416
It was terrible.

Fox should just give the rights back to Marvel
>>
I was pleasantly surprised by the movie.
It wasn't bad at all wtf, and Apo didn't look like a weak or underdevelopped vilain to me. The problem with him maybe was that his motivations were a bit generic for the general public. Basically a power-drunk megalomaniac.
I know it's his thing, but normies require "deepness" now.
I say fuck them

Other than that, the movie only lacked a bit of "punch". It looked like they were hitting the brakes all the time. For example, to the question: "Do we use this Jubilee person and her funny firework powers we have casted that everyone seems to be so hyped about?" the answer should have been "yes" and not "OMG no. That would be to frivolous!".

I felt the same way about how they handled Psylocke. It's like they were scared to use her because of the pink-shiny-brainy-weapons. Those are really my only two complaints.

Also kill JLaw and her diva deliriums already for the love of Jaysis
>>
How about we talk about how Apocalypse chooses a fucking pidgeon as his mate!
Instead of some dude who can litreally controlle all liquids in the world.
But what the fuck do I know, I just thought it was stupid
>>
>>83662416
The common theme is manipulation.

Like with telepathy, he cant use it himself but he can block or hack into others using it like Charles or patch it to pre existing communication like with the tv.

He has this great parasitic vibe
>>
>>83664221
Eh,I feel he was deep enough, the cult leader vibe really came across and they way he leeched onto others was really cool.>>83664857
I literally turned to my dad and said DUH when Poccy called Angel useless.

I am also shocked hedidnt have storm wreck Earth too, but then she would be less heroic I guess

Also did they not bother with horseman codebames at all? Death and war and shit?
>>
>>83662416
Probably the second best cape movie I ever saw. Apocalypse was an amazing villain and really creepy. The X-men team was great and that whole scene with Quicksilver saving people was GOAT.
>>
He was pretty good as a villain, and his defeat was logical and not an asspull. But the themes felt too big for the movie.
Magneto really switches sides twice while killing millions of people in the process, within the span of like 4 in-story hours? Too much.

It needed more concentration, maybe more of a direct battle of wits between Egyptian guy and Charles before the main battle starts. Fewer characters. More in-story time, like a week. But then, they kind of have to cram it all in and keep it implausibly tense for commercial reasons.
>>
>>83666804
I'd say Time in a Bottle>>>>Sweet Dreams
The first one had something special. More heart, if you will.
>>
>>83664988
Apocalypse likes the religious themes, thus angel.
>>
>>83662416
>tfw no nate grey
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.