[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 15
It's official now, nobody likes this movie.
>>
Bay, stop raping my childhood.
>>
Jeez it wasent that great but I dident think it would be this hated.
I wonder what the metacritic score is.
>>
>>83656307
TMNT was never my thing, but i loved transformers and was hype for the first one.

Why must he do these things to us?
>>
>>83656312
Auctualy come to think of it that score does make sense I liked it but only just so I guess it's not that odd to get 34%
>>
He should've adapted Street Sharks. Radicool enough to incite nostalgia, but not 'important' enough for audiences to have high expectations.
>>
>>83656327
Alright yeah the metacritic score is 40% and I can't see many people giving this movie anything higher then a seven so that tomato's score makes sense
>>
>>83656334
thats actually not a bad idea.
>>
Really the only two disappointing things about it for me was that Shredder didn't get a fight with Krang and the Turtles didn't get a full fight with Beebop and Rocksteady.
>>
>>83656301
why does 59% of the audience liking it count as failure/popcorn spillage? Shouldn't that be an average grade edging towards them not hating it.
>>
>>83656347
It dident have enough fight scenes in general
>>
>>83656347
>the Turtles didn't get a full fight with Beebop and Rocksteady
fucking what? whats the point of it then?
>>
>>83656355
Well they were pretty good in general.

And the small fight they did get was decent while it lasted
>>
>>83656320
He's not doing it to you, he's doing it for money.

And he'll do it every time, because he's a whore.
>>
>>83656355
They encounter them once and come to blows for about 10-20 seconds and then the plane they're fighting on crashes so it becomes more of a comedy bit with both sides trying to grab the Maguffin while being tossed around.
>>
Steven Amell is the worst Casey Jones adaptation I have ever seen

Michael, please, I am fucking BEGGING YOU no...scratch that PLEADING WITH YOU to read a fucking comic book

Never has there ever and I mean fucking EVER been a single TMNT adaptation where Casey woke up one morning and said "I wanna be a cop and or a detective!"

Casey is a murderous psychotic street thug who screams GOONGALA! to put the fear of god in his victims eyes before beating them within an inch of their lives. Casey is only "calm" when he is hanging with either April or Raph

How can one director suck so badly at his job?
>>
>>83656349
50% of the population agreeing to support something is only for politics, though.
>>
>>83656347

That fight with them in the Amazon Rainforest is the one scene in the movie that wasn't forgettable as shit and its literally a copy paste from the 1st movie of the assault down the avalanching mountain.
>>
File: 1448005196601.jpg (88 KB, 677x583) Image search: [Google]
1448005196601.jpg
88 KB, 677x583
>it's rotten tomatoes poster
>>
I liked it, but I set my standards really low. I was impressed that they soft rebooted Shredder and the Foot into actual ninjas. Turtle personalities were spot on, art style is still garbage but grew on me. Bebop and Rocksteady are definitely the highlights. Overall felt a little slow and the soundtrack was lackluster - they played a few soft classics, but after the trailer with Tricky, I thought they'd jam the fuck out.
>>
>>83656301
Isn't that like, the 2nd best score for a TMNT movie?
>>
>>83656449

Won't lie...I sort of missed the white business man who was suppose to be the original shredder till fans bitched loudly at Bay to rewrite the script

This overacting Asian man wasn't doing it for me also Tyler Perry was too fat to play Baxter Stockman couldn't they find someone...thinner?
>>
>>83656449
Oh yeah, forgot one thing, the ending credits had GO NINJA GO NINJA GO and I was glad that I was one of only four people in the cinema because the others left as soon as the credits came up and I was free to lose my shit
>>
>>83656462

Real talk...TMNT 1 is a piece of shit...but yet I still prefer it to TMNT 2

Namely because Leo/Raph's "disagreement" over the Ooze is the worst plot element of the movie and it hardly gets a resolution because Bay can't write character progression
>>
>>83656385
At least it was a decent comedy bit
>>
>>83656504

Marvel movies have fucking brainwashed me

I fucking sat all the way till the end of the credits waiting for something to happen...like Krang going to all the other Krang and telling them to prepare an invasion for earth and then suddenly BOOM Triceriton's start attacking.
>>
>>83656341
I would expect most scores be be between 4 and 7 maybe 3.5 and 7.5
Anything lower is probably just mindless bay hate and anything higher is missing the several glaring flaws in the movie
>>
>>83656515

You think Bay is gonna make more of these movies? They don't really make as much of a return profit as the Transformers films with Transformers 4 being the biggest return profit he's gotten thus far.

Also fire the fucking marketing idiot who released this movie and X-Men apocalypse hardly a month from each other in the middle of everyone having massive super hero fatigue.
>>
>>83656301
59% liked it. That's higher than I expected.
>>
>>83656522
Me too, I was waiting for a cut to Dimension X, or some Triceras, or maybe something featuring Baxter having a sample of the purple ooze. They're signed on for a three movie deal, I hoped they would tease the next installment.
>>
>>83656522
Eh I always stay because I like to watch the credits.
>>
>>83656544

>3 movies

Wow right when we're getting a fucking 5th Transformers movie soon featuring Omnicron.

What else is there to cover? They can do the Dimension hopping angle and meet Usabi Jimbo. They can do the Demon Shredder Arc...hell if they really wanna reach they can do the jump to the future arc.
>>
>>83656543
Look at it this way: almost half of the people who even bothered to go see it at all felt cheated, despite giving it a chance.
>>
>>83656543

>$11 for 3D

I hate how my big named theater only has this playing in 3D that shit fucking burned thru my fucking eyes like a mother fucker

>>83656551

Sheamus did a really amazing job playing Rocksteady. He should expand towards other acting gigs with Marvel or DC
>>
>>83656572

It really was a stupid marketing decision to release this film during the Summer of Super Hero movies where a new hero movie is coming out literally every month and everyone is starting to get fatigued.
>>
>>83656572
That's a good point
Critics will watch a movie that they expect to be crap the audience mostly expected something decent when 41% of those who expected to like it got burnt that's a problem
>>
>>83656301
kids don't rate movies so no
>>
>>83656590

The movies biggest problem is Michael Bay doesn't understand how pacing works and plot lines get dropped as quickly as they're introduced

Like the fucking Leo/Raph plot

and Mikey getting what he wanted in the end but he doesn't end up wanting it anymore.
>>
>>83656587
you make no sense.
>>
>>83656595

>Kids

There was only one kid in the whole theater when I went and saw this movie

Hell this has been like a recurring thing with all the superhero movies I have been seeing its namely fat autistics and old people.
>>
>>83656604

Michael Bay's fucking terrible scripts make no sense

Also Megan Fox was in full "I literally need the money mode" all throughout the course of the film

Michael Bay probably still treats her like shit.
>>
>>83656390
That fucking and I'm gonna be a detective one day is some of the worst fucking exposition I have ever seen
>>
>>83656612

I'm also noticing this. Funny how /co/ was dooming and glooming about kids growing up with Grim derp DC heroes but they aren't going to because they aren't watching it. Those lucky bastards are going to grow up with Lego Batman featuring the Justice League.
>>
>>83656629

>Man I sure do love me some hockey because get it I'm from fucking new York and the gimmick is we like violent sports
>Do you like hockey?

>no

>WHAT?! How can you not fucking love hockey what do you like?

>I like Cage fighting...

>Literally stares at him with a look of disgust

Cage fighting is way better than Canadian Puck Smack.
>>
>>83656637
Those movies are pretty great
>>
>>83656637

I need to start like making a list of what's coming out next so I can prep in advance

What's the next movie to come out super hero wise? Is it Thor Ragnarok?
>>
>>83656661

Define "great" the word you should be using is "tolerable"
>>
This movie was pure fun, I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about. I set my standards fairly high as far as standards for action romps go. A flawless tribute to Turtles history, they even got a cover of the theme as opposed to that faux rap shit from the last movie. I look forward to the next one too, fite me.
>>
>>83656522
The appropriate after credits scene they totally dropped the ball on was Baxter turning into a fuckign fly. How hard could that have been, dammit!!!
>>
>>83656706

The plot is all over the place. Krang is hardly the "antagonist" of the film because we barely see him if anything Shredder feels more like the villain

Also, Donny "hacking" a piece of the Technodrome to find out what it was was total bullshit.
>>
> all the Bay in this thread
He has literaly nothing to do with this other than funding it.
>>
File: sexual implications.jpg (45 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
sexual implications.jpg
45 KB, 500x281
>>83656716

Or making his body fully mechanical.
>>
File: TURN HER HEEL NICK.png (224 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
TURN HER HEEL NICK.png
224 KB, 500x350
>>83656731

Even still it feels like the usual bay mannerisms you see in literally every Bay film

Bay is like the god of forgettable action films.
>>
>>83656727
I dunno. I feel like I enjoyed this because I wanted more out of its setpieces and action than I did the plot. And it delivered on that level. My only conplaint is the weird 'should we or should we not turn ourselves human' subplot that felt wacky even for a Turltles movie.
>>
>>83656727
just turn off your goddamn brain, bro!
>>
>>83656746
Like what?
>>
>>83656751

You mean like I do when I had to watch BvS

No. I need to have some kind of drawing ground and its literally any movie that tries to push back either less than 3 hours or more than 3 hours

>>83656748

I doubt Raph even wanted to turn human he just wanted to piss off Leo. Mikey was the only one bitching about this

Yeah Donny to a degree but he'll get over it.
>>
>>83656764

Namely all 4 of the Transformers films and the 1st TMNT movie

Also that Pearl Harbor film he put Shilah in
>>
File: image_5.gif (295 KB, 428x418) Image search: [Google]
image_5.gif
295 KB, 428x418
So what can they do to up the ante for the next movie? Turtles in Time? Northampton? Ninja Tribunal? Triceratron/Utrom war? City Fall?
SAINW?
>>
>>83656352
>dident
>>
>>83656806

Disappointment
>>
>>83656788
What specifically though? I think they did enough to distance the two franchises.
>>
>>83656830

Its just "Too much of a trope" all at once

Transformers films are remembered for having a fuck ton of explosions but in terms of plot...its hard to explain outside of "shit blows up a lot."
>>
>>83656307
He didn't make this one.
>>
>>83656301
>nobody likes this movie.

The 34% rating would suggest otherwise. Maybe not a LOT of people like this movie. But there's a distinct difference between "a few" and "None at all"
>>
>>83656301
it was fun desu
>>
File: MICHAEL BAY.jpg (137 KB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
MICHAEL BAY.jpg
137 KB, 500x315
>hes going to keep destroying your childhood for another 20 years
>>
>>83656307

Your childhood is still there, you retard. You can buy re-issues of the original toys at TRU. You can still find vintage toys on Ebay. You can still pick up trade paperbacks. You can still buy VHS and DVD sets.

Now this is not to say that you have to like the new movies, but if you're gonna allow some new reboot movie to ruin anything, then I have absolutely NO sympathy for you. You deserve to be unhappy.
>>
Cinemascore listed it as A-, which is far more credible than Rotten Tomatoes.

I enjoyed it. It was fun. Casey was the worst part of the film. Arrow guy can't act. Bebop and Rocksteady stole the show.

>That one anon sperging out about Michael Bay as if he directed and wrote the movie himself

Nigga, what the fuck are you on about? He's an executive producer. He had nothing to do with the films and they hardly resemble his directing style.
>>
File: UYSE.jpg (415 KB, 1200x1757) Image search: [Google]
UYSE.jpg
415 KB, 1200x1757
Damn shame... still, can't say I didn't see it coming.
>>83656390
>>83656629
TMNT v1 #14 had Casey trying to be a hardboiled detective so he could track down a cow statue. I could storytime it, if you guys want.
>>83656566
Miyamoto Usagi is owned by Stan Sakai - they've only ever done crossovers because Stan is friends with Peter Laird, and Laird's burnt out on the Turtles right now, so it looks like there's no chance of another crossover happening. Sad, but there it is.
>>
>>83656320

Because he's in the business of making money.

Pay for the franchise rights and you can do anything YOU want with it, too. That's how life is. He who has the gold can make the rules. I suggest you learn to deal with it.
>>
>>83656390
>How can one director suck so badly at his job?

He keeps getting gig after gig. Apparently to someone in Hollywood whose opinions actually count (IE NOT basement dwelling butthurt fanboys) he's doing a more than acceptable job.
>>
>>83656950

Nope. My childhood is just fine and I can go back to it any time I want.

But then again, I'm immune to the irrationalities that plague Bay bashers.
>>
>>83656390
Bay's a decent action director, he does what you expect him to do. He should just stay the fuck away from adaptations.
>>
THE ONLY REASON YOU HATE THIS MOVIE IS BECAUSE YOU'RE SEXIST AGAINST TURTLES.
>>
>The Good

Bebop and Rocksteady
Baxter Stockman
Krang's design and voice
Most scenes with all four turtles present

>The Bad

April
Shredder Why in the fuck did he trust Krang?

>The Ugly

Casey Jones

Only one real fight scene with all four turtles and it's not even a cool martial arts thing (I don't think anyone get hit with Mikey's nunchuks throughout the whole damn movie)
>>
>>83656301
Nobody cares about ratings anymore. BVS made a ton of cash, Warcraft will make a ton of cash and TMNT will too.
>>
Remember that time April takes out Kirai with a fucking laptop
>>
>>83656301
>full of camp
>tons of action
>comedic moments
>Colorful cast

Sounds like they didn't purchase that Disney logo.
>>
This movie was a fucking Saturday morning cartoon and I loved every minute of it
>>
>>83658108
Sounds about right.
>>
>>83656390
You've seen the movie. You voted for it with your wallet. You are part of the problem anon. You just told Hollywood even after 5 or 6 Transformers movies and TMNT 1 that you like Michael Bay enough that you'd pay to see his art. You are the issue.
>>
>>83656449
I dunno. Leo started on point then became a raging douche.
>>
>>83656390
>>83657610
>>83659986
Spoiler alert!
He didn't direct this film, he produced it.
>>
>>83656301
By the looks of it anon more than a third of people like this movie.
>>
>>83659986
Fuck off. I will pay to see any TMNT movie made by anyone.
>>
>>83660125
It would seem like that, too bad twice as many people hated it.
>>
>>83656301
It was actually a very fun enjoyable movie. I'd give it a 6.5/10.
>>
the last movie was a worse turtles movie but way more entertaining.
>>
>>83656301
IMO it was a well made Turtles movie.
And you know what I liked?
THE FOCUSED ON TURTLES
>>
File: this does not pac.png (823 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
this does not pac.png
823 KB, 1600x1600
I honestly turned off halfway through the first one because it focused way too much on April and not the Turtles.

Is this a little bit better?
>>
>>83660263
Yes it's mostly Turtles with only two scenes with any amount of solo April the first is at the very start and the second one is when Bebop and Rocksteady are being created
>>
>>83656349
Have you ever got a 59% on a test? That's an F.
>>
I know it doesn't really count for shit.
But in my opinion, I think the first movie killed this movie's potential. Nobody really liked the first one, so why would anyone in there right mind flock to the sequel? For the same reason I did "surely it will be a bit better".
You can tell by watching it they tried to give the critics of the first movie a more cartoon-like experience. But they're too weighed down by being connected to the first film.
There are a lot of improvements for sure and I loved that they used more elements from the comics, the 80's cartoon and the 2004 cartoon as well. It's that just for every laughably stupid cartoonish element that comes from previous media that everyone wants, there were bad casting choices that are unavoidable when they need to continue and connect Out of the Shadows to the previous film.
Megan Fox and Will Arnett in particular were terrible choices that cannot be changed now, despite being in the movie less than the first one.
As for Stephen Amell, it's not that I think he was bad, he was just bland, a true 5/10. It wasn't enough to dislike or love him, he was just okay. But as a Casey Jones, he and the writers have work to do.

And I think that 5/10 stands for the movie as well. It wasn't as a terrible movie, but it just wasn't a great movie either. It really tried to be different from the first. But it was too bog down by connection to it.
The Soundtrack at least was great.
>>
>>83660591

>Will Arnett
>Bad

He's the only one that actually has chemistry with the CGI mini Hulks. He's a joy to watch on his own and interacting with the turtles.

I wouldn't say that this movie is weighed down by the first one's decisions. They seemed to got around a majority of them, aside from the awful character designs that makes them look like niggers.

But the first one's awful reception certainly turned off any chances of the sequel making any money. It's a shame because this one felt Saturday morning as fuck. It doesn't need to be a fucking Civil War with it's so called political drama or BvS with its horseshit symbolism. It just needs to be a fun turtle movie.
>>
At least this movie was better then the last one
>>
>>83661330
It was way worse though.
More turtles but had decreased quality in every other aspect.
>>
File: 1441394631196.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1441394631196.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
>>83656390
But he didn't direct this movie.
>>
Give the rights to TMNT back to Marvel already. Jesus.
>>
>>83661419

I pretty much went because I wanted to see rocksteady and bebop also because I've seen every ninja turtle movie in the same theater
>>
File: WB Meeting.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
WB Meeting.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>83656406
>implying RT isn't right
>implying Civil War and Deadpool weren't the only good cape movies this year
lol

its a conspiracy, right?
>>
>>83657944
BvS was a big disappointment though. MoS literally made WB more profit.

Why do you think all this studio reshuffling is happening? They had to keep Snyder because of how idiotic they were about their tentpole scheduling. It's a foregone conclusion at this point that Snyder is gone after JL releases.
>>
So... is the notshermanklump scientist the fly guy in the classic series?
>>
>Shooting bullets of high enough caliber to destroy the entire cockpit of the plane
>Both pilots unarmed, but somehow they parachutes trigger

This is why the classic show used robots
>>
>>83656390
It triggered me that Casey Jones only got one scene with his mask and it was on the trailer
>>
>Paramount and Platinum Dunes
It's like you people never learn.
>>
>>83656301
It was ok, pretty much the best thing you can hope to get about the TMNT in live action.
I seriously can't say what you people want anymore.
Meh
>>
>>83662474
>I seriously can't say what you people want anymore.
Wut? It should be very clear what people want.If we're going to settle for not having any standards as far as the plot concerned, it should at least be obvious that people want to see clear, well done fight scenes involving the turtles. What we got instead is a big buildup to Shredder only for him to do literally nothing, a few seconds of trading blows with Bebop and Rocksteady while the camera jumps around, and a few minutes of fighting Krang in which you can barely make out what's happening because they're either fighting in the background of Donatello hacking, the camera is shaking and spinning around them, or the camera is just zoomed in one of their faces.
Half of the action was shown in the trailers. It's not hard to deliver on what people want yet they continue to insist on stuffing the movie with pointless scenes focusing on the humans.
>>
>>83656650
You mean furpuck?
>>
>>83660533
Only in America, actually.
>>
File: take_me_marvel.jpg (38 KB, 727x511) Image search: [Google]
take_me_marvel.jpg
38 KB, 727x511
>>
>>83663131
can marvel even take him? or does he have some kind of exclusive contract
>>
>>83662474
>I seriously can't say what you people want anymore.
Definitely not a live action TMNT movie. Keep it in comics and animation where it actually works.
>>
>>83662474
>pretty much the best thing you can hope to get about the TMNT in live action
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
>>
>>83663077
Yeah, everywhere else 50 is usually the threshold for passing.

But then again the tests aren't multiple choice, and there's usually a curve in difficulty with 25% of the score being tougher questions/exercises to separate the ones who studied the night before from those who studied the whole semester. American questions are mostly of uniform difficulty, I found.

>>83663149
Catering.
>>
>>83656731
>implying
Bay is the one secretly ghost-directing. The directors are just puppets to disguise his involvement (like when they wouldn't put M Night Shamamalama on After Earth). Bay is still the one in control. Hell, Bay was the one who wanted to make the turtles Aliens. He even came out and said it proudly "The Turtles are Aliens!". I hope Bay gets cancer and dies.
>>
- get rid of Kraang
- get rid of Casey
- get rid of all that other shit

At the beginning, set up that the Turtles have been fucking up Shredder's flow since the last movie and he decides to fight fire with fire. He mutates Bebop and Rocksteady, and the film is pretty much 90 straight minutes of pure ass-kicking across Manhattan. Turtles get beat through most of the movie because they still can't work as a team, but in the last act they get their shit together and manage to beat B&R.

Boom. I just made Out of the Shadows a decent movie. Fuck, you can even throw in an after-credits scene of Kraang striking a deal with a destitute Shredder.
>>
>>83662167
Was it Amell's agent demanding his client's face to be seen or the studio wanting the Arrow's audience?
>>
>>83656731
This is another Poltrtgeist situation where the director is just the puppet of the producers
>>
>>83656301

>59% liked it
>it's official now, nobody likes this movie

what
>>
>>83663647
It's a flop at the box office and will easily be number 3 at best this weekend.
>>
>>83657027
>implying
Hollywood is straight up nothing but friends and family landing each other jobs. People who continue to get roles rarely get them because they're actually talented but instead because they know the right people and sucked their (metaphorical) dick.
>>
>>83656390
>How can one director suck so badly at his job?

Bay didn't direct either movie, you chucklefuck.
>>
I'm sure The Goonies remake will be good though
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.