[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fixing the DCEU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 10
Do you still have fate in Warner Bros. after "Batman v Superman?" Is there still a chance of "Suicide Squad" being any good? What are your thoughts on the future of DC cinematic movies?
>>
They need to turn around by Suicide Squad or things are going to get ugly. Hell its sad that I cant bring myself to get excited over Justice League
>>
>>83653703
I don't know how people keep thinking they can do any good anymore. They fucked up their most important movie, Batman vs fucking Superman, man.
>>
File: 1452901110233.jpg (9 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
1452901110233.jpg
9 KB, 290x290
>Zack "the hack" Snyder still on board

NO. Absolutely not.
>>
>>83653661
BvS was awesome. Don't give up.
>>
>>83653661
With Zack Snyder directing, both Justice League movies are guaranteed failures.
>>
>>83653661
BvS wasn't perfect, but it wasn't bad either
>>
I liked MoS and BvS as Elseworld stories. Interested in how the rest of the universe will look like.
>>
>>83653661
Something something speed force/Anti-Monitor/The Source, DCEU crisis event, reboot. New Trinity movies, new GL movie, maybe Aquaman. Approach one at a time, make sure they click, and THEN start mashing them together like action figures.

I get wanting to cast Ben Affleck at his real age, but starting a cinematic universe with your flagship hero in his twilight years is not the way to build a long-lasting franchise. And don't even say "Batman Beyond" because you know that's not tenable in the long run. It's an endpoint.
>>
>>83654154
Replying to this just to get the opinion out of the way:
BvS was not good, and the problems had nothing to do with tone. I could have handled dark and grim superheroes. It was badly told, badly edited, and badly shot.
>>
>>83654643
I mean yeah, that's what all comic movies are, aren't they? I really loved the impact a late Superman had on this universe. It's really interesting to me.
>>
Don't. Make a Justice League movie with entirely new actors, a new director, and a new universe, and spin films out of that.
>>
>>83654808
It had a good story, the scenes flowed perfectly, and the visuals were beautiful. Your memes don't faze me, buddy.
>>
>>83653661
I didn't even see BvS, gave up after Man of Steel. It's not like it was shit, just not what I'm looking for in these movies.
I doubt anything will come out of this particular franchise that I'll go see. Here's hoping it won't poison the well and ruin any chance of good versions of this stuff getting made.
>>
>>83654860
You don't know what memes are, do you? Sorry for your shit taste.
>>
>>83653661
I only hope that Warner Bros won't dictate Snyder what to do and give him full control over his movies so at last he can direct a masterpiece we all need to watch and praise
>>
>>83654860
>and the visuals were beautiful

I do hope they win an Oscar for those Halo 1-quality cutscenes of Doomsday shooting lightning and shockwaves out of his body
>>
>>83655142
>at last he can direct a masterpiece
He already directed Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman.
>>
>>83655178
Fuck you, Halo 1 was great.
>>
>>83655257
yeah but he can do more
studio just have to let him
>>
>>83655273
People are going to say that the lighter tone of the Justice League was a direct result of the bad reviews of BvS, but it's obvious that was planned from the start. I mean they even called the movie the DAWN of Justice, which came at the end. It's clear Snyder can do happy scenes, just look at Clark's first flight.
>>
>>83653661

I'm hoping nothing really changes. I'm really excited for Snyder's DC saga from what I've seen thus far.

However, I'm interested in the non-Snyder films like Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman and how they'll fit before Justice League comes out.
>>
>>83653661
I'm worried for SS because of the QUICK, ADD MORE FUNNY reshoots
I'm not going to meme about quips or anything, it's just that reworking a movie to change its tone rather far into production sounds like a recipe for disaster
>>
Suicide Squad looks pretty great.
>>
>>83655395
>QUICK, ADD MORE FUNNY reshoots
That myth was debunked months ago, matey.
>>
>>83655363
>However, I'm interested in the non-Snyder films like Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman and how they'll fit before Justice League comes out.
I'm worried that they won't fit into established world of MoS and BvS. That they will be colorful and quippy just to appeal to marvelsuckers. Snyder should make all of them so they would have consistent theme and kinematography (see what I did there?).
>>
>>83654808
>badly shot

Haven't seen it yet, but everyone says zacks visuals are great in most of his films
>>
>>83655460
>That they will be colorful and quippy just to appeal to marvelsuckers.
Not sure if trolling, but I can't be fucked getting into a company wars thread so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I don't need them to match the two Snyder films exactly, but I want them to fit in the same world. I don't necessarily know if they'll be part of his saga, and if they are then I'm concerned. But if they're just like appendices about Wonder Woman and the Suicide Squad I'm not too concerned.
>>
The Justice league movie should open with Crisis on Infinite Earths. Anti-Monitor blows away the whole canon and we can start new.

I genuinely don't understand what people like about BvS.
>>
I hope Snyder directs the rest of the DCEU

t. Marvel fan
>>
>>83653661
I actually lost hope yeah. I was so hyped for this.
But if you can't make a movie about the world's most famous movie work I lose faith.
I had people walk out of the cinema during BvS, never seen that happen before.

This is the director for suicide squad
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0043742/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

I'm losing hope, he can only put out generic action movies.
>>
>>83654860
typical blind apologists who think criticism only exists because it's the cool thing to do rather than BvS being just a shit movie
>>
>>83653661
>they restructured all of WB instead of just firing Snyder
Why is this company so retarded.
>>
>>83654860
>visuals
The CGI was awful, and the cinematography was film-school project tier.
>>
>>83654154
Back to /tv/ moron
>>
File: 1418853708107.jpg (197 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1418853708107.jpg
197 KB, 700x700
>>83654860
>the scenes flowed perfectly
>>
>>83657126
WB hates life, wealth, success and want to end it here and now.
>>
>>83653661
>Is there still a chance of "Suicide Squad" being any good?
Yes, it's a different crew, Ayer has wrote and directed many more better films than Snyder ever has. So I'm hopeful, Snyder is only a producer on the film, I don't think he'll intervene.
>>
I don't even fucking know anymore. I liked both MoS and BvS, but there's just so much wrong with them that keeps me from loving them. There's like this underlying layer of great ideas and good decisions, and then two layers of ludicrously bad choices on top of it.

I'm still holding out hope that some of the worst things are holdovers from Goyer, like Doomsday and Superman "dying". I've stopped giving Zack the benefit of the doubt thinking his heart is in the right place, because he's clearly an idiot if he thinks Batman's fighting isn't killing as long as he's not shooting them directly in the head.

I want Justice League to be good, dammit. I don't care if /tv/ memes nonstop or if it gets shitty reviews, I just want it to be a cool movie without any retarded things complicating it. I was so frustrated when those initial impressions of BvS were coming out and we were finding out stuff about Doomsday, the ending, the pacing of the movie, and so on. It's like they just couldn't help themselves.
>>
It wasn't great but I don't know how people thought it was worse than Age of Ultron or Civil War
>>
>>83653661
>How to fix DCEU
This was the Injustice/Justice Lords Universe all along
>>
>>83653703
This. As it is I have no hope in the DCEU. Suicide Squad has potential to get me interested in it again, but I'm sure as shit not holding my breath.
On one level, there is too much right to scrap the whole thing, but the entire universe needs to be retconned out the ass.
>>
>>83655350
>broken_clocks.jpg
>>
>>83653661
Its pretty fucked. At best we might get a good batman.
Almost everything with superman is fucked, even the most basic aspects of him and his supporting cast. Supes is a dick, Lois is flat, Jimmy's dead, Lex is autistic...
>>
>>83653661

I'm an optimistic person I think they can turn around but it's going to require them to do a few things they don't seem comfortable with -- actually listening to the audience, the advanced fan instead of the casual and in the same vein listening to/working with writers who are passionate or know about these characters to do them Justice.

Even casuals like my dad were like "Superman's been awfully dark and moody lately" they don't seem to realize you need that happy, upbeat boy scout. Hell, if nothing else he CONTRASTS Batman and to me pulling off contrast makes the best story.
>>
>>83654860
Every single thing you said was wrong.
>>
File: dumpsterfire.jpg (89 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
dumpsterfire.jpg
89 KB, 800x800
>517 replies and 250 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>83655395
>>83655447

Yeah it wasn't "add more funny" it was "subtract some edginess" I think.
>>
>>83655586
most people in this thread have god awful taste but holy fuck your the worst.

Ayer's fantastic you fucking pleb.
>>
>>83657117
Typical retards who cant actually come up witch any criticism.
>>
>>83657117
>criticism only exists because it's the cool thing to do
That's what happens though.

>>83657274
They did though. Where did they not?

>>83659667
Every single thing I said was right.
>>
>>83657126
Good storytelling should be more important than huge amounts of cash.
>>
>>83661226
Thing is right now they don't have either.
>>
>>83660498
>entire world took a shit on the movie
>youtube full of people rightfully shitting on it
>everyone hated it
At this point do we really need to explain why BvS was garbage?
>>
>>83661276
Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman were both amazing. Too bad BvS underperformed, but it was worth it to see such a high quality movie. Sorry that it wasn't pandering to casuals and normies. They unfortunately took a risk that didn't pay off.
>>
>>83661292
Thing is, that wasn't a risk to achieve something good.
It was a risk like putting your hand in a crocodile's mouth: pointless, stupid, and no one asked anyone to do it.
They were poorly placed, blue-flitered clusterfucks of bad CGI and unlikeable characters.
That's why it failed.

Not to mention that it seems like Snyder wanted to one-up Nolan and make it all gritty and depressive when that's not what Nolan did, or what people liked.
Nolan's Batman was just three serious movies, nothing more, it didn't go full retard with the depressive parts, and didn't do the retarded job of hiding the happier and more hopeful ones.
Doesn't help that they don't, and will probably never have, an iconic character like Nolan's Joker, and that the Joker they have just tries way too hard.
>>
>>83653661
Fire Snyder and his wife, get a completely different crew and actors, keep Bataffleck and all his related shit and reboot.

It's a clusterfuck but that's exactly what people would want.
>>
File: black adam.jpg (268 KB, 660x597) Image search: [Google]
black adam.jpg
268 KB, 660x597
>>83654020
>>
>>83661286
holy shit, you get given the chance to come up with some but fail to even then. You fucking retard.

Regardless there plenty who liked the film, just because a bunch of no name e-celebs took a shit on means fuck all, only really say's your underaged.
>>
>>83661355
>poorly paced
The pacing wasn't a problem. Scenes moves at the proper speed and transitions were smooth. What are you referring to?

>bad CGI
What would be an example of "good CGI" in a movie? What makes this one bad?

>unlikeable characters
If you don't like heroes or can't feel empathy, that's on you. They set up the characters, development, and motivations properly. There's no reason to not like them.

>Nolan
The Nolan trilogy and Snyder's movies are different. I really liked Nolan's humor, but he was unable to pull off seriousness. Snyder was able to show many serious scenes, with a touch of humor, while Nolan had a lot more humor with a touch of seriousness.

Serious scenes such as Bruce during the Black Zero event, Alfred's speech to Bruce, Superman's first confrontation with Batman, and Superman's sacrifice were all done in a way where you could resonate emotionally with the characters. Nolan didn't have anything like that, save for perhaps the Harvey Dent scenes, but no one talks about those. Why do people say Joker was so good when he wasn't? The best part about Dark Knight was Harvey Dent.
>>
>>83661355
ITT: im a fucking retard.
>>
>>83653661
Reboot.
>>
File: Hope_Concern.png (259 KB, 776x831) Image search: [Google]
Hope_Concern.png
259 KB, 776x831
>>83653661

They need to fucking get rid of Snyder of we wanna have any hope for Justice League
>>
>>83654860
Back to bed Snyder
>>
>>83661286
>>83661612
"It's a new meme to hate it, so it's justified!" The thing is, most of the complaints about the movie can be solved with 2 seconds of critical thinking. It's a bit too hard for the Youtube people through, and having a non-conventional opinion is a death sentence to their profits. Might as well follow what's popular since you wouldn't want to lose subscribers, right?
>>
>>83661829
there are problems with it for sure, the editing essentially fucks it up a bit. Not really any other ground to criticise than that unless you disliked the interpretations of characters, which to be honest isnt a legit criticism.
>>
>>83654743

> RDJ was older than Ben Affleck when he started IM1
>>
I was pumped for BVS before I saw the first picture of doomsday. It was then and there I knew it would be shit.

I liked man of steel. But it's like superman learned nothing from what happened in that movie. Superman is like the boy of steel in BVS. He is like a little emo faggot. Where is the hope?

The death of superman would and should have been a thanos level movie with many movie building up to it and doomsday actually being considered scary and not some grey monkey looking faggot.

Fuck you Zach Snyder and all you minion hoard who support it should kill yourself. It is a step in the wrong directions. The dc movies are doomed.
>>
>>83661950
That's the huge problem, they can't escalate beyond "SUPERMAN IS DEAD". Even if Darkseid kills him for real- it lost 50% of it's impact because of Doomsday.
>>
>>83661292
MoS took the risk and achieved mediocrity. BvS just followed and made all the same mistakes that dragged MoS down without attempting any course correction, and made it's own share of mistakes.
>>
>>83661950
>But it's like superman learned nothing from what happened in that movie.
Except he did in that he took Doomsday out into space almost immediately.
>Where is the hope?
The point of the film is him loosing hope and falling to the point of "nothing stays good in this world" and then proving that conclusion wrong by redeeming Bruce and sacrificing himself twice.
>>
>>83661899

>which to be honest isnt a legit criticism.

It is if you think the characters as-written are poorly done.

Superman is a plot device and Batman is an easily-manipulated rube. Lex is a character from a Joel Schumacher movie, Lois has so little meat to her character even Amy Adams couldn't deliver a good performance with the table scraps they gave her.

These are not interesting characters. Snyder built a house on a foundation of sand, I'm not going to care about your deeper themes if you can't give me compelling characters.

Wonder Woman was pretty good at least.
>>
>>83662863
Man of Steel was a very good movie with a few flaws. Batman v. Superman saw those flaws and fixed them.
>>
>>83661292
>>83654860
The comments defending this movie have gotten so stupid I genuinely can't tell what is sarcasm anymore.
>>
>>83663564
If you're triggered by truth, why don't you go to a safe space? Reddit, perhaps?
>>
File: 1436908736556.jpg (19 KB, 236x276) Image search: [Google]
1436908736556.jpg
19 KB, 236x276
>>83663002
>>
>>83653661
I liked MoS and BvS. Sure they had some pacing issues but I get what they are doing. Instead of starting us with the characters we know they are shaping them into the characters we know.

I'm okay with this, normies arent cause they want them to be the characters they think they should be.
>>
>>83663403
BvS didn't fix anything. How the hell could you think killing off a Superman and then leading up to an Injustice future is a good idea?
>>
>>83663867
What? Those two sentences don't go together; they're non-sequiturs. The issues of Man of Steel involve Pa Kent's poor parenting and Lois Lane being annoying. Those two things were fixed in Batman v. Superman.
>>
>>83663966
But Lois wasn't annoying in anyway in MLS except like... 3 lines of dialogue.
>>
>>83663867
Superman's death served a purpose in this story in that it difinitively proved to the world that his intent was noble the whole time.
No proof the future visions will come true.
Clark accepting this world and dying for it could have changed the future for the better.
>>
The DCEU is damaged beyond repair. The only hope is to reboot it. To do that, they need to do a Flashpoint movie
>>
>>83664252
Yeah. It was only a minor problem. The biggest issue was the portrayal of Pa Kent. IMO he just should have said "I don't know" instead of "maybe," and it would be mostly fixed.
>>
>>83654860
slow claps

steps out of the shadows

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material... But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme. And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...
>>
If you loved BvS, please turn in a 50 word essay explaining why Luthor hated Superman, and why he thought building an even more dangerous and uncontrollable Kryptonian was the answer to the problem of Superman, all sourced from actual scenes in the film rather than personal conjecture.
>>
File: trunks[1].jpg (12 KB, 230x200) Image search: [Google]
trunks[1].jpg
12 KB, 230x200
>>83664942

Think about what the critics say. "It's too dark." "It's too serious." "It's ashamed to be a superhero movie."

What DC needs is something that will let people know they've acknowledged these complaints and will try to do better. Something that can be conveyed with one simple image.
>>
>>83666117
heh...nothin' personnel...kid
>>
>>83666361
This notion that your ashamed to be a superhero film if your not silly campy and fucking stupid needs to die & burn in the darkest depths of fucking hell.
There is NOTHIN about superheroes that requires silly retardation.
>>
>>83664942
I still think you can take the idea of the Black Mercy, inverse what is meant to be portrayed to its victim, call it the Omega Sanction, then open JL with a more familiar Superman in a more familiar DCU coming out of it in the middle of an invasion of Earth by Apokolips, then use the same shitty flashbacks they've used to establish context, thereby making MoS and BvS Superman living through a nightmarish version of his own reality. Hell if you wanted to, you could make Batman's nightmare in BvS Batman trying to fight out of his own Omega Sanction as well. I really don't think it would take more than 5-10 minutes out of the movie if done efficiently.
>>
>>83667773
>Grown men dressing up in spandex purely to punch people thinking it will "help"
Come on anon do you really think any of this can be taken seriously?
>>
JL movie ends with Flash making a the whole fresh start shit happen. Then they remove all actors and staff.
Start from fresh.
>>
They could've done a soft reboot with JL but now we have to wait until the first part comes out before Zack leaves. I'm still heated.
>>
>>83670060
How can people both simultaneously hold this position as well as say that Snyder was wrong for saying that people wouldn't be able to take certain scenes seriously if they did it dressed in costume?
>>
suicide squad has to be good.
>>
>>83654860
Dream sequences were retarded.
>>
>>83670803
They're great and explain why Batman sets out in search for the metahumans he found on Lex's files. It's all important.
>>
>>83653661
>Do you still have faith in Warner Bros. after "Batman v Superman"?
No
>Is there still a chance of "Suicide Squad" being any good?
Maybe, but I doubt it
>What are your thoughts on the future of DC cinematic movies?
Fuck up beyond repair. WB just needs to wait a few years and reboot (AND NO SNYDER NEXT TIME).
>>
>>83653661
I think that the movies that are more ''outside'' the main apocalyptic storyline will be the best.

The problem right now is, that too much seems to be tied to the future visions, and that really restricts the possible good stories they could pull off in the solo movies.

And, they are moving WAY too fast with the story. Too much, too soon.
>>
I find myself wondering how fucking hard it would have been ro have a normal JL movie.

No GL
No MM
Superman is not there for part one

So basically the JL is batfleck recruiting pedo stache flash, aqua drogo and cyborg(so excited!)

Goddammit its like avengers without cap and iron man
>>
>>83658815
They'll probably use the the flash as an opportunity to retcon hack snyders shit.
>>
Not until WB stops being embarassed of DC characters. Say what you want about marvel they have confidence in a talking racoon while WB is ashamed of Superman
>>
I'm most exicted about WW- guys what if marvel pulls another civil war and we actually get a herc.movie?
>>
>>83671143
People need to stop bashing Victor, batman could not travel for shit without him.
>>
I've got hope that SS will be good, but I'm super fucking worried about JL1 with Snyder still in charge.
>>
>>83672061
I don't get why people are so positive about SS. The joker seems good but hes in 20 mins of the movie generously. Everything else seems genuinely horrible.
>>
It doesn't matter because Disney will just pay the Rotten Tomatoes reviewer to give it a bad score like the did with BvS.
It's already over for DC
>>
>>83672175
It's a different crew, and David Ayer is a competent filmmaker, WAY more so than Snyder. You got to have some faith in that, anon.
>>
>>83672207
Did Disney pay the public to hate it too?
>>
>>83672258
People just follow whatever reviewers tell them to
>>
>>83672225
We shoot together, we suicide together
>>
>>83672303
Well, I hated the movie without reading or watching any reviews. I want a fucking paycheck as well.
>>
We need to eliminate the Snyder.
>>
>>83672175
>The joker seems good but hes in 20 mins of the movie generously

And this is bad how?
>>
>>83670381
How do you know that Anon says that? /co/ isn't one fucking person.

Also Snyder's solution to that was to have the characters talk in costume as little as possible, and mute depressed grown men in tights punching each other before fighting a bad cgi monster is one of the silliest things I can think of.
>>
>>83672303
>>83672207
You honestly believe this, don't you?
>>
>>83653661
I wish they're not filming a 4 hours movie and then cut into 2 and half hours
>>
>>83673722
Yeah I want the 4 hour movie. So much more bang for my buck.
>>
>>83673722

Maybe Snyder could have filmed a 2.5 hour long movie.

But clearly his film had to be longer then 2001 A Space Odyssey, ho dare anyone ask him to understand the concept of editing.
>>
>>83653661
>fate in Warner Brothers
If you give them restrictions (see Rowling and the HP films) or are a well-known and respected (see George Miller), you should get a free pass to design your universe, especially once the first film or two make a mint.

DC never had this with Snyder and that was a bad judgment call on their parts so, and replacing a few producers here and there, or moving them around, and moving another layer (e.g. Cereal King) in between, isn't necessarily fixing things, so NO.

>Suicide Squad" being any good

Don't really care either way.

>future of DC cinematic
Some will hopefully be good.
>>
>>83654572
>it wasn't bad
this is not really a raging endorsement, desu.

>>83661617
>smooth
>properly. There's no reason to not like them.

Obviously, you LIKE the movie. There were not enough people like you. You had two movies make more money (way more money, like 25% more) in LESS time, one of which was a no-name animated movie.

It's fine that you like it. But don't discard or ignore the opinions of 90% of paid critics who found the film unwatchable for multiple valid reasons, NOR the poor word of mouth (meaning people like me, who did pay to see it, didn't talk it up to anyone. I didn't bad mouth to my friends - and honestly, very few point blank asked me, since I wouldn't have lied), but I didn't run around telling everyone, go spend your money, this is 'smooth and proper perfection'
>>
>>83672225
I'm still not over gillian jacobs not playing harley
>>
>>83676135
Joker-doug jones
Harley -gillian jacobs
Boomerang-chris geere
Deadshot-kirk fox
Enchantress-emily blunt
Croc-computer generated imagery

BOOM I just fixed your movie warner
>>
>>83676052
There was nothing in this post that gave a concrete example of poor editing in BvS. Of course I liked it, but I would tell people "it was an amazing movie, but you won't like it if you don't like serious movies or superheroes." There's a difference between not liking something and something being bad; this is what critics don't understand.
>>
>>83654808
>how to pleb101
You are objectively wrong.
>>
>>83677423
I would argue an adaptation is bad when it in no way captures the spirit of a character its fucking adapting. Let me just say, its fine to be a batfag, but only batfags could have liked this movie since affleck was pretty good. Anyone that's into superman must have walked away mad.
Negro,I told the bitch I was with I wasn't in the mood to make out after thatmovie.

Okay I didn't and I wasn't with a bitch but i totally would have
>>
Don't. Reboot with Justice League, all new actors and make it very clear it's a whole different universe, and spin each out into their own film as demand dictates.
A JL film as the first installation though would have to be flawless written, and have a common thread through each hero that pulled them together simultaneously. You can get away with not introducing Superman or Batman, but everyone else will need a full arc and that might not be possible.
>>
>>83677723
Holy shit I thought this was just a copypasta thread but it's the same one from last night.
Is /pol/ right? Is /co/ low energy?
>>
>>83677677
I mean that still doesn't show how the editing was bad. Despite this, you still managed to be wrong. It shows Batman perfectly: his employees love him, he goes after criminals, he is a scientist, crimefighter, and detective. It also shows the large impact Superman has on his life. How could he possibly endure all the tragedies he has gone through and still keep pushing forward without the friendship of Superman? Superman goes out of his way to save people, brings hope not only to Batman but to the entire world, and shows how powerful he is. Why wouldn't people who are fans of both characters like this movie? It shows how even in a cynical, dark universe, they stayed true to their core characteristics.
>>
>>83677972
7/10

Made me start to rage, but I caught myself
>>
>>83678038
You can't hide from truth forever, kid.
>>
What I don't get is how anyone could think building up to a [possible] Injustice future is a good idea without building up Superman to the best he can be.
>>
>>83653661
Burn it all to the ground. Restart it all entirely, while not trying to mooch off of Marvel's success, but finding the best of the DC universe and putting it out there... legacies, true old-school heroes and how they inspire, etc.

I think they should just wait a few years and restart the franchise with a lesser known hero, but make it a really strong movie that can stand alone but opens the door to the future. JLI, Ted Kord (if they can use him), an Alan Scott lone film, J'onn first arriving to earth and making shit work while secretly hero-ing on the side... something a bit different.
>>
>>83678119
Jesus I'm conflicted. On one hand I know rebooting is for the best, on the other I really don't wanna wait another seventy fucking years for a goddamn justice league movie
>>
>>83678210
You probably won't have to wait that long. God knows they've got get those Superman movies out every couple of years to prevent the Shuster/Siegel estates from suing them
>>
>>83653661
>>83654020
kek, fuck znyder. fuck jim lee.
>>
Acknowledge you fucked up, restart this universe. Actually give your characters solo films first instead of going full throttle in the second movie. And get a Lex Luthor that isn't Jesse Eisenberg. Hell get Clancy Brown and shave his head.
>>
>>83670887
Really, it was the dream sequences that made him go look for the others?

The part with Lex screaming "HAHAHA, THANOS-I MEAN, SOMETHING BIGGER IS COMING TO EARTH! RING RING RING RING BANANA PHONE" like a lunatic had nothing to do with it at all?

The Knightmare sequence didn't add much to the movie aside from being something they put in trailers, then panic as they find a way to put it in the movie itself, see also the scene of a bunch of people in skeleton facepaint putting their hands on Superman while he sports the "My feet hurt" look.
>>
>>83655513
The visuals themselves aren't too bad.

BvS's biggest problem is that in a lot of scenes, the Doomsday fight in particular, there's so many CGI super special effects and shaky camera stuff going on that it gets in the way of the visuals and makes it really difficult to see what the fuck is actually going on.
>>
>>83657126
IIRC, Snyder's wife is an exec at WB, which is literally the only reason he's been able to make movies in the first place.
>>
>>83661741
They're already filming Justice League right now, so there's literally no way for them to get rid of Snyder as director without massive delays on a movie they want out ASAP.
>>
>>83680234
No, it was Flash saying "YOU HAVE TO FIND US, BRUCE!"

>Thanos meme
lol
Read a comic for once, buddy.
>>
>>83671573
>Marvel can turn le Wacky Not!Star Trek and the Ant Whisperer into money printers

>WB can't even get Batman and Superman to make a profit
>>
>>83672175
>I don't get why people are so positive about SS.

Less being positive for some of us, and more us slowly coming to the realization that SS really needs to succeed if the DCU wants to keep being a thing.

BvS being a laughing stock was one thing. If Suicide Squad, and to a point Wonder Woman, can't get people's interests back or bomb as hard as BvS did, Justice League is going to be dead before it's even out.
>>
>>83673808
>4 hour movie

I can probably count the number of people I've met in my life who would want to sit in a theater for 4 hours on one hand.
>>
>>83680416
It's okay. Snyder can make it just for me if he wants. Too bad I don't have enough money to give him for more movies.
>>
>>83680448
That's really the biggest problem.

Even if BvS was the second coming of superjesus(and god know it wasn't), if it's not making bank, it's a failure.
>>
>>83680469
It made enough money, luckily, but it wasn't as big a success as they wanted it to be. This is the tragedy of storytelling. If you want to make something big, it also has to be profitable. Thus people sacrifice good stories for a guaranteed profit. I hope people like Justice League so I can get more movies of this style though (not necessarily of the same tone, I'm okay with lighter movies too).
>>
>>83677423
be sure to spend all your GBP on the special spicy tendies before mommy takes them away for what you did to her underwear drawer, anon.
>>
>>83680511
>It made enough money, luckily, but it wasn't as big a success as they wanted it to be

Which is frankly shocking to me.

Even the most diehard Marvel shills like myself were expecting the movie to break a billion, maybe $1.5 billion easy.

That it didn't is just...hard to describe. Demonstrates at the very least that even taking characters who can basically print money, if the movie is shit and word of mouth gets around that it's shit, it won't do well.

And I suspect WB felt the same way, considering the review embargo being held until release, while releasing literally everywhere at the same time, trying to grab as much cash as possible before people realized it sucked.
>>
>>83680581
Yeah but that's what happens when you pander to comics fans. Not even casual
comics fans either, you have to have at least a decent amount of knowledge about the characters to fully understand the meaning of all the things that happened in this movie. But they took the risk and got burned for it. Now I'm a little sad though because I'm not sure they'll ever do something like this again. I can only hope they don't mess with Justice League.
>>
File: 1465625533841.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1465625533841.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>83666312
Underrated post.
>>
>>83680653

The problem isn't even pandering to comic fans. It is pandering *badly*. Snyder takes cool imagery from comics, but completely fails to realize anything that really made it resonate with people beyond the visuals.

Basically, you can't really get a proper serious superhero movie that appeals to comic fans out of a guy that thinks that a guy in a superhero costume talking for more than five sentences looks too silly and dumb. That's fundamentally the wrong mindset to approach this thing.
>>
>>83671573
When you put it like that it's hard to unsee.
>>
>>83660157
It was literally to smooth out the third act, which the director has typically had problems with. It was also intended to add more Harley, who was testing well.
>>
>>83668410
I think the Flash's quote is going to end up being more literal than a lot of people are expecting it to be. If they adapt JLA issues 8 & 9 they can spin it as the whole DCEU until now only exists in the Key's dream world, and when they wake up they can give us more comic accurate versions of the heroes.
>>
>>83680770

>Basically, you can't really get a proper serious superhero movie that appeals to comic fans out of a guy that thinks that a guy in a superhero costume talking for more than five sentences looks too silly and dumb

Say what you want about Nolan, the man had no issue with people talking in-costume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuetklFtDQ
>>
>>83666312
It's explained in his speech about God. The scene where Superman stops Doomsday from turning Lex into a smear on the wall is a direct callback to it. He started making Doomsday before Bruce stole the Kryptonite, hence his unsettled reaction when Bruce steals it.
>>
>>83658065
>its the batman doesn't kill meme
>>
>>83666312
Luthor hated Superman because Superman was both all power and all good and Lex simply does not believe that can exist (as stated in his speech, possibly informed by his abuse at the hands of his father). His whole goal is to prove that Superman cannot remain all good or all powerful. He had kryptonite when he was making Doomsday, so he thought he could kill it if he needed to. He lost the kryptonite and decided to keep going because he thought he could control Doomsday (the whole blood of my blood speech he gives).
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.