[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The latest seasons of Family Guy have been like an essay on middle-aged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (276 KB, 701x413) Image search: [Google]
image.png
276 KB, 701x413
The latest seasons of Family Guy have been like an essay on middle-aged angst. It's bizarre.

>Ah, cold car ride through a dark suburban night. Look out the window and think of death, kids. It's a-comin'.
>>
Whatever man just post Meg.
>>
Well it's either that or MacFarlane's agenda-shilling through the dog.

Is it fun to not enjoy shows?
>>
>>83651746
Personally, I prefer the early seasons of this show, it's feels more like a modern flintstones back then (literally), now all they do is stereotype everything for jokes
>>
If Meg is supposed to be so ugly, why isn't she drawn differently?
>>
>>83653561
She is.
>>
>>83651746
>people are still watching this
>>
>>83653587
How? She looks like Lois with glasses.
>>
>>83653600
Different hair, eyes, slightly different head shape, totally different body.
>>
>>83653296
Brian got the wort of it. I kind of like him and stewie years ago. Chris also had moments of genius too and they were common enough that it made him interesting. Not that the show was ever good. Just pointing out the okay bits.
>>
Seth is actually convinced his show is high art. I saw some stupid documentary he did, c remember the name but it was on netflix and from hearing him talk about FG you'd think he was talking about an opera or an acclaimed Broadway show. It figures someone so pretentious would wank his own ego with juvenile musings. Stick to fart jokes and collect your paycheck, Seth, your fanbase doesn't care how smart you think you are, and anyone who's made it further than intro to philosophy laughs at baby's first existential crisis
>>
>>83653296

Early Family Guy can still get a good guffaw out of me.
>>
>>83653914
I get the feeling Seth is a real life Ralph Bighead. Every Season he tries his damnedest to get it cancelled by doing stupid shit and they just keep giving him money.

He keeps failing up and he just wants to get down.
>>
>>83653296
This is irrelevant now too, it should be as follows:

>Peter: Retard
>Lois: Nonexistant
>Chris: Retard
>Meg: Punching Bag
>Brian: Punching Bag
>Stewie: REALLY Gay
>>
>>83653587
>>83653561
Perspective?
>>
File: StuffBrian.jpg (28 KB, 255x250) Image search: [Google]
StuffBrian.jpg
28 KB, 255x250
Hey Peter, remember when I was a sarcastic yet calm voice of reason and your best friend instead of a liberal hypocrit who hangs out with your gay infant son?
>>
>>83655162
He's not a liberal mouthpiece anymore though, he's a punching bag like Meg and he's just as boring as her now.
>>
>>83655281
Yeah they've embraced the whole "people hate him" thing and made him a douchebag but it's not actually funny so it's pointless.
>>
>>83655281
Really? Because I remember him being a douche in that trip to India episode, and that was pretty recent right? I'm actually not sure myseld, saw it on [as]
>>
>>83655353
That's the newest ep.
>>
File: peter griffin.png (59 KB, 220x320) Image search: [Google]
peter griffin.png
59 KB, 220x320
Ah geez, this is even weirder than that time I had to stop Third Impact while listening to songs on my Walkman.
>>
I had an idea- would anyone be interested in a comic-esque edit of family guy scenes and using origional plots and jokes that are actually funny?
I figure there's been enough episodes of fg that any plot, pose, backdrop, or object needed can be snipped and shopped in a frame. Just add speech bubbles.
>>
Ten or so years ago I actually thought I should get into Family Guy but now I feel like I would probably be a better person in every way if I didn't bother.
>>
>>83653561
she's kinda fat I guess

I think the joke used to be every teen girl thinks they're ugly. she was just supposed to be normal.
>>
>>83655480
I'd give it a look, sure.
>>
>>83655281
More like a parody liberal stereotype and now even more a hypocrite.
>>
>>83655480
if it's funny, why not?
>>
>>83655750
Yeah, and they use that as justification just to put him through unfunny punching bag scenarios.

He is a punching bag now. He and Meg may as well be the same character at this point.
>>
>>83656151
what a weird turn.

what is the show's political alignment now?
>>
File: m_e_g__by_ctw36-d33zcuh.jpg (530 KB, 1275x1632) Image search: [Google]
m_e_g__by_ctw36-d33zcuh.jpg
530 KB, 1275x1632
>>83651779
only one I got
>>
>>83656234
reactionary clownface, i think
>>
File: it_hurts_so_much_so_much.png (204 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
it_hurts_so_much_so_much.png
204 KB, 600x468
>occassionally watch new Family Guy
>still find it funny regardless of how shit it is
Now I know how Token from South Park feels when he can't help but laugh at Tyler Perry
>>
File: 1463283146181.jpg (97 KB, 918x683) Image search: [Google]
1463283146181.jpg
97 KB, 918x683
>>83651808
>MacFarlane's agenda-shilling through the dog

Not exactly. The writers actually listened to whiners like you, but not just you, the overdramatic ones, and now recent seasons have been entirely dedicated to BTFOng Brian out, sometimes it's overkill honestly. The entire last season can easily be described as "Brian sucks see lol we're on your side fans: the season".
>>
>>83651746
>middle-aged angst

I'm pretty sure you just mean that the manchildren writer have developed to angsty teenage years
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.