[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats are your fears for Suicide Squad? DCEU isnt exactly off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3
File: MARTHA.jpg (178 KB, 633x950) Image search: [Google]
MARTHA.jpg
178 KB, 633x950
Whats are your fears for Suicide Squad? DCEU isnt exactly off to a great start, and a lot of us have hopes for this movie, but whats the one thing that would make you hate this movie?
>>
>Having hope for the DCEU

There's your first mistake.
>>
One thing that I hate is this presumptuous thread
>>
>>83651398
SONS OF MARTHA
>>
>>83651398

I am gonna find things to hate AFTER I watch the movie
>>
>>83651398
That Boomer will be just another Bat villain.
Will Smith will just be Will Smith.
They won't talk about Jason Todd, as Batman will probably come out too late for it to be relevant.
Joker doesn't get his tattoos washed off by acid.
>>
>>83651398
Will Smith is the only real potential problem i see when it comes to adapting these characters correctly. I'm afraid that the character is going to be Will Smith doing bad things for good reason and losing that he's still a villain at heart

I'm also slightly worried that Waller won't be kicking enough butts
if not this movie i'm going to need to see her in the field ASAP and threatening the Squad
Especially if they kill flagg

Also is it Flagg or Flag? I seem to remember it being Flagg in the ostrander run but i see some people say flag and i think someone said the name got misspelled
>>
>>83651398
>Whats are your fears for Suicide Squad?
How can you feer for something you've got no investment in? Remember tat given DC's track record, it will MOST LIKELY be bad. There is an off chance that the talent behind the movie will pull it through, but the director has made both good and bad movies, so that's no guarantee.
>>
>>83652436
*fear
Jesus Christ, am I losing basic brain functions here?
>>
>>83651398

That my mom's gonna freak!
>>
THAT'S NOT HOW YOU FUCKING PLAY SCRABBLE
>>
>>83651398
is this real
>>
>>83651398
I won't hate the movie, but I do hate DC's unhealthy dependence on Batman. Not just in the DCEU but in all media.
>>
>>83651398
T is worth 1 point and H is worth 4
>>
>>83651398
>the fucked up perspective of the scrabble tile rack as it sits on the table
>the awkward tangent that the tile rack creates when it leads visually directly into joker's sleeve
>the awful shadow underneath it
>the fucked up perspective of the scrabble board itself on the table
>the "this is my first day using Photoshop" lasso feathering on Joker's hair
>the "this is my first day using Photoshop" basic bitch filter they used to create the table texture pattern
>>
I really hope Batman doesn't takes more screen time than he should. He should just appear briefly, It's not his movie. ( and don't make him murder more people.)
>>
>>83651398
>Not enough Boomer
>Boring, edgelord Joker
>Idiotic plot
>Harley is framed as being a legit hero rather than a psychopathic murderer who occasionally does the right thing
>Too much focus on Bat stuff
>Killing off cool dudes like Croc or Boomer
>Batman still murders people
>It continues the trend of shitty mediocrity established by MoS and BvS
>>
>>83651398
Honestly? They're already doing it. Focusing too much on the Joker. I'm tired of them milking the Batman franchise. I want something else.
>>
You know what'd make this an instant 11/10 for me?
If Harley double-crossed everyone at the last minute in a desperate plea to get back in Mistah J's good graces.
That'd be fucking awesome.
>>
File: 1.jpg (499 KB, 2404x845) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
499 KB, 2404x845
>>83651398

pretty hype so far
>>
>>83653070
>>
>>83651398

Okay, I've been saying this for months now:

I think Will Smith is CAPABLE of giving us a performance which is true to Deadshot's character, which is, in short, relaxed, laid-back and laconic in the extreme. But Will Smith is a well-known celebrity, and people who like Smith's performances like the fact that he's good at giving the sort of shrieking, histrionic yelling that's been so popular in so many of his films before. That sort of performance is *profitable* because it's so bankable. So reliable.

So my fear is that the producers and/or director might direct him to give us a Deadshot who yells and screams and gets all worked-up and agitated because that's what they think fans of Will Smith want to see, and that's the best way to get their money back on the investment made by hiring him.

And if that happens, then I basically don't care what else is in the movie. A bad Deadshot will kill the whole film for me.
>>
I'm afraid Harley will become super popular and will be shoved in everything after this movie.

I can somewhat stomach Batwank, but I can't stand Harley.
>>
The fact that they had to reshoot a bunch of it so 12 year olds can see it.
>>
>>83653070
where do 'motion pictures' fall on this spectrum?
>>
Fears and suspicions

>"The Joker, Harley, & Deadshot show, ft. some other guys"
>TEH PENGUIN OF DOOM ROFL XD Harley
>Joker that seems like he would share Facebook macros that are like "TAG SOMEONE THAT IS A TOTAL PSYCHO" unironically (or even ironically)
>Instead of dealing with how a black-ops team of supervillains would be used to perform tasks that can't be tied back to the government because they are unethical or illegal (realpolitik shit, like invading sovereign nations, destabilizing governments, selling arms to groups on terrorists lists, disinformation, etc), they will just fight straight-up supervillains with no political implications because it makes for a simpler story (even if it calls into question why the government needs a black-ops team of bad guys to do perfectly unquestionable things, like fighting monsters)
>Instead of being about their complex motivations and insecurities like Ostrander's run, it'll be simplified to "VILLAINS LEARN TO BE HEROES AND HOW TO WORK TOGETHER AFTER ALL"
>Joker gets possessed by a demon and essentially becomes The Mask
>Captain Boomerang is a Batman villain instead of a Flash villain because Flash isn't Flash yet and Batman put away all the Belle Reve guys in this universe

I feel like this will all happen.

>>83653070
I almost sperged on this but then I saw
>1.jpg
>>
>>83654064
did you read the comics?
Harley's okay in them
>>
>>83654219
shit,i thought im in injustice thread.
Forget what i said,harley's shit
>>
>>83651398
Tries way too hard. That's the fear.
>>
>>83651398
The only thing i love in this movie is captain /pol/erang
>>
>>83651398
If it tries too hard, I guess. I dunno, it looks like all the stuff I can hate is preloaded upfront in the marketing, so I'll be desensitized to that garbage and might be pleasantly surprised and actually enjoy this piece of shit. But if they try to force it to be memorable like they're forcing it in the marketing, it'll be a chore.
>>
>>83653605
>I'm afraid Harley will become super popular and will be shoved in everything after this movie.
>after this movie
>>
>>83654064
>Captain Boomerang is a Batman villain instead of a Flash villain because Flash isn't Flash yet and Batman put away all the Belle Reve guys in this universe

Actually I can kind of see this working if it starts with Captain Boomerang being some new villain in Gotham who Batman swiftly takes out.

>events of Suicide Squad happen

Captain Boomerang is like "fuck Gotham; I'm off to Central City instead".
>>
The only fear I have is that it'll actually be good. But I know better because Jai Courtney is in it. Poor guy tries, but he's just box office poison. Loved him as Varro but everything else he's done has been just so bad.
>>
>>83652436
The fact that the dceu has been bad so far is why we are invested in it this or justice league has to succeed if neither does dc movies are done
>>
>>83651398
For a little there I thought that might be a real poster
>>
>>83651789
>Joker doesn't get his tattoos washed off by acid.
Eh only tatto I care about is damaged he can keep the others
>>
>>83653554
This
Will is at least a decent actor but it's easy to make the mistake of typecasting him
>>
>>83654863
This
>>
>>83653605
I'm ok with that if it's Harley that's with joker better then what we have now.

I like her current comics but they gain nothing from being Harley story's they should have just made a new randumb character.
>>
>>83654811
>if neither does dc movies are done
It's BEEN done, man. How many times do you have to get burned?
>>
>>83654742
That would be cool
>>
>>83654937
DC keeps trying. Bless their hearts, after years of chasing after that Avengers money, I thought they would actually do it, too.
>>
>>83655013

They have made billion dollar movies before and not to long ago. I don't expect the DCEU to make anything over 900 though. I know Civil War made over a billion but since it was pretty much an Avengers movie with Spider-Mans debut I expected more
>>
I'm afraid that it won't make my mom freak.
>>
>>83653554

Isn't the most not-laid-back he's been when he missed Batman?
>>
>>83651398
this looks like the most putrid pile of garbage to EVER come out of hollywood
>>
>>83655013
It's kind of mind-boggling that they keep fumbling this.
>>
>>83655231
It would probably be when Batman made him miss somebody else
He was pretty fucking pissed
>>
simply give up hope, we've already surpassed Peak Superhero, and DC is sooooo late to the party
>>
>>83655283

My bad. I couldn't remember it exactly, but it was a really great part in comics.

Though it makes me wonder if that happened before or after Bullseye had been invented and missed Daredevil. They were both around the same time I think.
>>
>>83651398

my biggest fear is that MOM'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>>83654863
This
The other tattoos are alright, the damaged tattoo on the forehead is seriously trying too hard. Ruins any image I see of him
>>
Will Smith excessively flaring his nostrils and making that pouty "Why he don't want me, man?" face.

I have some weird hunch that this movie is going to be good, though. Zero idea why.
>>
>>83655897
I will laugh my arse off if at the end of the film it turns out to have been a temporary tatto.
>>
>>83651398
>whats the one thing that would make you hate this movie?

watching it
>>
>>83654937
>>83654811
Neither of you should ever go to Vegas. It'll break both of you, for different reasons.
>>
>>83651398
Freaking his own mom wasn't enough, now he's going to freak Batman's mom too.
>>
>>83651398
>Ctrl+F
>no ARTHAM

I'm disappointed, /co/
>>
>>83651398
Please for all that's holy tell me that leto isn't anything even remotely resembling anything more than a cameo character
>>
Is that poster real? I can't imagine Snyder would let them shit on his magnum opus like that.
>>
WHY DID HE SAY THAT NAME?!?!?!

>Yfw the Joker's name is Martha and that's whay Batfleck doesn't just massacre the Suicide Squad.
>>
>>83652459
well you have shit taste so yeah probably
>>
>>83651398
The movie trying to appeal to normies with shit tier quips or family guy tier comedy like Avengers AoU and Deadpool.
>>
>>83654742
That or if Boomer escapes at the end a red blur puts him straight back into jail
>>
>>83651398

That the main focuses of the movie (Harley and Deadshot) wind up being the worst written/worst acted/most boring part of the movie.
>>
>>83651398
That it's going to be dark.
And no I am actually not fundamentally against dark movies or dark cape movies. But this whole DCEU thing is just ridiculous.

Here they have a rich world and a wide and varied cast to work with that has their own strengths and flaws.
And what do they do with them?
>Dark
>Dark
>Dark
Seriously. What were they thinking? Don't make all the movies the same you simpletons.
>>
>>83661449
It's not bad that SS is dark

It's bad that the first two are
>>
>>83661475
>It's not bad that SS is dark
Technically no. But I mean, it's wrong that they're doing SS at this moment because the previous films were also dark. If you catch my drift.

You can make a dark SS movie just fine. But don't do it after your last movies were also nothing but dark, and when dark movies are nothing you have done.

So point being. Yes it's bad the first two were dark. But since they were, they shouldn't be doing yet another dark movie.
>>
>>83661526
Darkness aside, SS has a scene of the protagonists just hanging out together, but BvS didn't. How wrong is that?
>>
File: lifetheuniverseandeverything.png (361 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
lifetheuniverseandeverything.png
361 KB, 600x404
>>83651398
>Martha
So it's Jason Todd. Gotcha.
>>
>>83661581
BvS was a complete and utter mess so of course it'll be shit in comparison.
That said, Superman was honestly barely even a protagonist in BvS despite making up half of the title of the movie itself. It was almost entirely about Batman.
Superman had like one short scene with Lois, one short scene with Lex, a very short confrontation with Batman.
I can't even count the gala that Lex held where they all talked together for a couple of seconds, because Bruce cut that short and immediately took off and got into a chase with Diana whom he interacted a lot more with.
>>
>>83651398
That it prolongs the current DCCU
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.