[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't it ever happen? Bbxrae thread, I guess...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: so_close_by_gretlusky-d5rxqd3.png (331 KB, 600x735) Image search: [Google]
so_close_by_gretlusky-d5rxqd3.png
331 KB, 600x735
Why didn't it ever happen? Bbxrae thread, I guess...
>>
File: 1465431921799.jpg (256 KB, 1260x900) Image search: [Google]
1465431921799.jpg
256 KB, 1260x900
>>83650015
It happened on the comics.
>>
>>83650015
>Why didn't it ever happen?

Because in the show she doesn't even enjoy his company?
>>
It still might, just hope TT doesn't push Raven and Damian like the movie did.
>>
>>83650015
Because its shit.
>>
>>83650082
She canonically thinks his jokes are funny, she just puts a cap on all her emotions. Sauce: the episode where the go in her mirror.
>>
>>83650015
its my favorite comics ship, but its not used often
>>
>>83650015
Raven did not like him in the cartoon. For some reason, when there is disgust like this between characters people think they must secretly want to fuck, "when are those two going to bang already" etc. For some reason I will never understand, nobody is allowed to hate anybody in modern fiction, it's all repressed lust according to retarded shipfag fans.
>>
>>83650481
See
>>83650247
>>
>>83650566
Pat of her personality that she chooses to repress liking his jokes, does not mean she wants his dick. Stop looking for excuses to justify your bullshit.
>>
>>83650612
Are you seriously so socially inept you think people either want to fuck like animals or can't stand each other's presence? I didn't say they wanted to fuck, just that she doesn't outright hate him. She doesn't show much emotion towards anyone because she has to keep that shit under wraps.
>>
People really like to play up the fact that they supposedly hated each other, despite the fact that their entire friendship was based on coming to understand one another, and that they were vital to each others' character development throughout the series. Raven was Beast Boy's closest friend next to Cyborg.

I personally think a relationship between the two would probably spring up sometime after the show has ended, after Beast Boy has matured a bit more, and Raven has learned to better express her emotions and relax a bit.
>>
>>83650813
No, you mouth-breathing anal wart. There are a billion variations of how people can feel about each other. But absolutely NOTHING about how Raven interacted with Beast Boy suggested she might someday be open to a relationship with him.
>>
File: get a load of this guy.gif (2 MB, 400x206) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.gif
2 MB, 400x206
>>83650977
This bitch doesn't know what tsundere is.
>>
>>83650977
You're fucking retarded. What about her attitude towards him makes you think she had animosity towards him? The fact that she would occasionally get fed up with his shit? They all get fed up with his shit at some point. There was a whole episode where beast boy had to find some way to apologize to starfire because she got fed up with his shit. And Raven didn't show him any more anger than she showed anyone else. By your logic everybody hated Beast Boy, and Raven hated everyone else.
>>
>>83650977
>Raven did not like him in the cartoon.
>For some reason I will never understand, nobody is allowed to hate anybody in modern fiction

Your original post (or that anon's post that started this), was claiming that they hated each other, in spite of the fact that one of the first episodes of the series has them telling each other that they do like each other.

Stop trying to twist this into some sort of spiel that everybody's trying to convince you that they want to fuck when they're actually trying to tell you that they are definitely friends in the show.
>>
>>83650015
>Because its shit.
urg cancer.
>>
>>83651031
And this bitch doesn't know that anime bullshit doesn't translate into real life.

>>83651041
How about the fact she insulted him in almost every episode, and couldn't stand to be hugged by him for longer than one second?

>>83651109
I'm not that guy, I know they don't hate each other, but it's still a shit ship.
>>
>>83651170
>And this bitch doesn't know that anime bullshit doesn't translate into real life.
At what point did we start talking about real life? I'm pretty god damn fucking sure it's a cartoon m8.
>She insulted him every episode.
That sure is some quality hyperbole you got there. And Raven was snarky as fuck, she backhandedly insulted the entire team at some point or another. Except Cyborg maybe. I can't think of any situation where those two ever really butted heads.

You're a shit ship. I don't even like this ship, but I don't like you even more, so go choke on a dick
>>
>>83650082
But she did, consider him to be a cute and funny friend who she doesn't want to see hurt.
>>
>>83651170
>And this bitch doesn't know that anime bullshit doesn't translate into real life.

Fucking Kek, the show was famous for being full of anime tropes and archetypes. Their Raven is even just inspired by Rey from NGE.
>>
>>83651291
I love how you left how my use of the word "almost." Almost every episode, goatfucker.
>>
>>83651170
I insulted my ex every day. That's not the reason we ended it before you suggest anything, but people do insult their friends and significant others without truly meaning it all the time. Funnily enough, we actually started out disliking each other, moving on to becoming close friends, and then entered into a relationship.

And the hugging thing is more her being uncomfortable with physical interaction in general, largely due to her having to repress her emotions because of her powers. She was uncomfortable with Starfire hugging her too. In fact, the only people she ever willingly engaged in physical affection for were Robin and Beast Boy.
>>
>>83651324
I love that you think that makes your argument any less diarrhea.
>>83651304
A shame she was inspired by a toilet.
>>
I'm just going to contribute with some nice fanart. Artist in the OP is probably my favorite artist for this ship.
>>
>>83651403
Dude you have to realize that was obvious that they were gonna end up together, it happen in the comics they were building to happen there too
>>
>>83651643
Why are you telling me? read the that post chain anon.
>>
File: laughing benders.gif (958 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
laughing benders.gif
958 KB, 500x281
>>83651170
>Teen Titans was literally referred to as Murikanime by the show makers.
>>
>>83650015
Because the writers wanted them to come off as bickering siblings, and were confused when the fans shipped them.
>>
>>83652093
To be fair, I also remember them being described by the writers as being like an old married couple, and they became a thing in the comics around the same time, so I don't think it was entirely unreasonable for people to get that interpretation.
>>
>>83652130
It was always headcanon that that was why Raven was triggered so hard by Terra.
>>
>>83652187
I'm not disagreeing on that. Even though I like the ship, I get that it was never what the writers were actually going for.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.