[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
delusions of grandeur?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: thinking blah.jpg (3 KB, 167x111) Image search: [Google]
thinking blah.jpg
3 KB, 167x111
Hello everyone,

I want to ask whether you ever imagine yourself doing really badass shit.

Ever since I was a kid I did this, these did I have vivid movies that I imagine of myself being some Anti-hero BAMF, killing the bad dudes who deserve, protecting innocents, as some mercenery of sorts...

Perhaps you're thinking "this guys life sucks so much he has to imagine doing cool stuff" But this is nothing farther from the truth, my life is well and gets better each day because I make it so.

So to say again, have you ever imagined something like that and if so what?

P.S: Go ahead and troll if you'd like- in fact I'd be insulted if you didn't.
>>
As a teen I imagined myself selling my soul to Saran for badass demonic powers, taking over the country, and putting together a harem.
Also fantasized about having exceptional martial arts and firearms skills and living in some jungle hunting poachers like game.
>>
Haha damn that's interesting.

Still have any like that?
>>
>>83644289
Still? I wanna say no. I wanna say I've grown up. But there's still that bit of me that genuinely hopes I can be something more than I am.
>>
>>83643762
Everyone has delusions of grandeur to some degree. It's the light that keeps the darkness at bay. The trick is realizing you don't need to be the person you fantasize about, you're already amazing.
>>
>>83645057
I'm not. I used to have elaborate self involved fantasies. I'd imagine myself in wonderful adventures as a hero or space adventurer or deadly assassin betrayed by his company.
Lost my job, car died, evicted from my apartment. Sleep on a sidewalk now. I try to still imagine shit as I go to sleep but I honestly can't anymore. Its like that bit of me that could create that just withered and died. Its just gone now.
Instead I just listen to people get high on spice and scream at each other or the night.
>>
>>83643762
Does it count if I want a boyfriend because of daddy issues?
>>
>>83643762

Here's a revelation for you, Doug. You're weren't the only kid with an imagination.

We all ran on the power lines.
>>
>>83645409
You have internet access and have all the time in the world. Turn your stories into art and show them to people!
>>
>>83646232
I do want to use my experience out here to write a comic that takes mixes the homeless world with magic and psychedelic other dimensional shit. The maxx meets Dr. Strange and Constantine I guess. With a hero who can slip between the metaphysical cracks Into other realms where those forgotten by mankind have fallen. A while realm of the lost that exists outside because it's comprised of people and derelict places civilized decent folk would rather stay forgotten. A whole city of abandoned people and places.
But I ain't that great a writer.
>>
>>83646640
You mean you have a hard time with plots or filling in flowery language? Just hammer it out and keep working the metal.
I'd totally read something like that.
>>
>>83646640
for what its worth id read that story anon. id read that story in a heartbeat.
>>
File: black-lab.jpg (89 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
black-lab.jpg
89 KB, 640x640
Once on a long cross country car trip I came up with the alter ego, Labrador. A name to honor my recently deceased dog/life long nanny. He was a hero for hire and a detective in a cyberpunk dystopia that specialized in retrieving stolen property and missing persons. Clad head to toe in black plastic armor he flew through the endless dark cityscape on an pair of anti-gravity frisbees.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.