[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come the MCU barely has proper super powers on screen? >Black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1422097860144.png (170 KB, 564x337) Image search: [Google]
1422097860144.png
170 KB, 564x337
How come the MCU barely has proper super powers on screen?

>Black Widow has guns and punches people.
>Hawkeye a bow and punches people.
>Winter Soldier punches people.
>Captain America punches people.
>Iron people are just using armors
>Thor can use lighting but he rather keep punching shit 90% of the time
>Hulk is a CGI effect that punches people.
>Falcon has wings that he uses to punch people.
>Ant-man changes size so he can punch people.
Spider-man swings around to punch people.
>Quicksilver punches people really fast.
>Scarlet Witch uses her powers to throw people far away, that's... different?

Whatever happend to the characters that can fucking turn into fire, morph into other people or animals, control gravity, fly wihtout using tech, alter reality in some way, etc.

Why does everything has to boil down to people with guns or with the ability to punch people?
>>
>>83640390
>Whatever happend to the characters that can fucking turn into fire, morph into other people or animals, control gravity, fly wihtout using tech, alter reality in some way, etc.
Fox
>>
>>83640390
>Whatever happend to the characters that can fucking turn into fire, morph into other people or animals, control gravity, fly wihtout using tech, alter reality in some way, etc.

Those guys all punch people, too.
>>
>>83640390
because of muh realism.

but also you're only half right, that's what those characters actually do in the comics, and most of those are iconic members of the avengers
>>
>>83640455

This, basically. Fox owns like 90% of the guys with actual powers.
>>
File: why.jpg (1008 KB, 980x2116) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
1008 KB, 980x2116
I've been waiting forever to use this.
>>
File: New_Avengers_Vol_2_1.jpg (234 KB, 300x455) Image search: [Google]
New_Avengers_Vol_2_1.jpg
234 KB, 300x455
Bendis happened. Ever noticed that when he took over the Avengers, he killed off all of the characters with powers beyond punching? I mean, look at this New Avengers lineup.

Also, protagonists tend to have the most neutral powers. It's why Ichigo in Bleach has the blandest power. It's so they can put them into many fights that don't have the same outcome (But still do)
>>
>>83640455
>>83640709
Both of those. Fuck even Xavier's mental fight vs Apocalypse was represented by punching wasn't it?
>>
>>83640804
Literally only one of those characters has appeared in the MCU yet and he also happens to be the most popular Marvel hero.
I like talking shit about Bendis as much as the next guy but that's just stupid.
>>
File: RG0BS1U.gif (2 MB, 390x205) Image search: [Google]
RG0BS1U.gif
2 MB, 390x205
>>83640781
>>
Remember the season finale of Arrow where the final battle between the Green Arrow and death magic villain Damien Darhk was both of them standing still and trading single punches?
>>
>>83640967

but you got to see magic happening in that episode as oposed to an army of robots that punch people...
>>
>>83640781
Is this Injustice?
>>
>>83641192

Yes, yes it is.
>>
File: half spiderman.jpg (96 KB, 468x458) Image search: [Google]
half spiderman.jpg
96 KB, 468x458
Will the MCU give us a spider sense that tingles with visible lightning bolts striking his head, causing it to become half spiderman half peter parker?
>>
remember when the person with super speed in x-men apocalypse decided to just punch him a lot?
>>
You're right

Just look at BvS, Superman shoots people with laser beams and Wonder Woman uses her sword to slice things up
>>
>>83640709
But punching people while on fire is cooler than punching people while tiny
>>
>>83640781
Why would Captain Atom not use red sun radiation to fuck up Supes's shit? Can he emulate kryptonite radiation? One red sun fist and one kryptonite fist, and Superman becomes a much easier enemy
>>
>>83640844
Was it at least a Shadow King vs Xavier Astral Form battle?
>>
>>83641380
>"Because it feels good"
>>
>>83640390
>Hawkeye a bow and punches people.
I don't remember seeing Hawkeye punch anybody and when has Thor punched anybody?
>>
>>83641449
He hits people with his hammer instead.
>>
>>83641449

In Civil War he tried to punch BW at the airport battle instead of using arrows.
>>
>>83640390
>super strength and super speed aren't "proper super powers"
>flying doesn't count if you use tech
>dr. strange definitely won't alter reality in any way
>vision doesn't count because he's one guy
>>
>>83640390
Because special effects are expensive, and in films that already have special effects and CGI, more special effects are more expensive.
>>
>>83641391
Fuck no, they didn;t even change shape or use magic lightsabers or wear armor. Just punching and then Apocalypse grew big like he does normally except he doesn't grow big normally in the movie, he just melts people into walls and leaves them trapped in their alive.

I got huge Shadow King vibes when Xavier talked about fighting inside his head and they failed to deliver on that.
>>
>>83640390
It's not like Scarlet Witch could have used any other power in CW without killing people.
>>
>>83640390
They want to blow their load in IW.
>>
>>83641232
Everyone wants web pits, but I really want the lightning bolts represent spider-sense. It look silly but man it be worth atleast as an Easter egg or something
>>
>>83641329
Fuck you being tiny is cool
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.