[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait...huh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
If batman didn't actually die during this time period (I think he was sent back in time) who the fuck is this.

Also why'd they tell me this was a good event...it was a stupid fucking mess.

>event caused cost of too many People returning from the dead
>use as an excuse to bring back more dead people
And people like this asshole of a writer for anything beyond his aquaman?
>>
Earth 1 Batman?
>>
>>83637401
>And people like this asshole of a writer for anything beyond his aquaman?
His Flash and JSA were also legitimately good. Beyond that, not so much.
>>
Probably one of Darksied's clones from Final Crisis? Was that before this...? Similar to how Dick-Bats dropped a fake one in a lazarus pit and it beat the shit out of everyone!
>>
>>83637401
Wasn't he one of the Batman clones from final crisis?

Tee names escape me but theres a bit where Darkseids forces are trying to replicate Batmans consciousness into clones; but all of clones die or go mad because they can't handle the trauma.
>>
Darkseid was cloning Batman in Final Crisis
>>
>>83637476
This is correct.
>>
>>83637476
>>83637485
This, it's why Black Hand refers to the Lantern as "Bruce Wayne", and it's why the Lantern looks so depraved even compared to the other zombies.
>>
>>83637485
Thus being able to kill Batman in Batman R.I.P as well as Final Crisis....
...forgot about that special little bit of bullshit
>>
I'm pretty sure in Blackest Night itself everyone realizes it's not the real Bruce anyway and I think that's what set up that Time Masters mini where Superman, Booster Gold, and I think Hal try to find time lost Batman? It's been a while since I read everything though.
>>
>>83637552
>bullshit
You mean clever plotting for good bait and switches?
>>
>>83637438
Oh wait. I stand corrected I did dig his jsa
>>
>>83637590

>this is what passes for "clever plotting"

Jesus christ.
>>
>>83637552
Batman didn't die in RIP. He survived RIP fine (although if I remember rightly Dr Hurt made a prediction that Batmans next case would be his last) or something like that.

Batman RIP and final crisis were great man, your glass seems permanently half empty.
>>
>>83637476
Ahhh I see. I skipped final crisis. So batman is sent back in time, his clones corpse is recovered and buried and the heroes assume that's batman? Then that is what's resurrected in blackest night?
Good gravy
>>
>>83637476
>Probably one of Darksied's clones from Final Crisis? Was that before this...? Similar to how Dick-Bats dropped a fake one in a lazarus pit and it beat the shit out of everyone!
That was the same corpse. It was due to Blackest Night happening that Dick decided to drop him in the Lazarus Pit. That's why zombie Bats is in a chamber in the Batcave at the start of that arc rather than in his grave. He was dug up in BN.
>>83637586
They realize it after Dick drops him in the pit and Bruce Wayne doesn't come out.
>>
>>83637485

Mokkari and Simyan.

>>83637682
>I skipped final crisis

...He casually remarked...
>>
>>83637616
>this is what passes for "insight"

Jesus christ.
>>
>>83638741

>this is what passes for "retort"

Jesus christ.
>>
>>83637485
That's right, and it was followed up in Morrison's Batman & Robin when they tried to revive the corpse with a Lazarus Pit.
>>
>>83637401

It's one of the clone bodies Kalibak and Kanto were messing with in the Command D bunker.
>>
>>83638844
>this is what passes for Jesus
Allah akbar
>>
>>83637476
That was the coolest Blackest Night tie-in because it didn't actually occur during that night and just have Black Lanterns attack like every other tie-in, it took the events and themes of Blackest Night and carried on with it and actually mixed it in with what was going on in the Batman comics instead of it just being some interruption like it was in every other series.
>>
Whoever told you this event wasn't shit, lied.

You should have read Sinestro Corps War. Its the only good Johns event.
>>
>>83640701
>This is what passes for halaal

Oy vey
>>
>>83640010
I've been wondering about that bunker
Was it ever important
Did a Kanmandi story ever come from it
>>
>>83642529
Command D I think is from the original Kamandi story by Kirby. In fact that's where Kamandi gets his name from.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.