[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a discussion about why this film not only not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 974x725) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 974x725
Let's have a discussion about why this film not only not bad, but is actually very good.

Evanskids, please get it out of your system at the begining of the thread.
>>
>>83636482
It's actually really bad though.

And everyone knows the anon that keeps crying about "evansposters" is really just 1.jpgfag
>>
File: 1Xs8GS6.png (792 KB, 1668x1720) Image search: [Google]
1Xs8GS6.png
792 KB, 1668x1720
Pic related my opinion.
Batfleck is so fucking great its worth seeing no matter what other flaws may be present.
>>
I just wanted to know what Superman was going to say at his hearing.
>>
File: Snyderfags Will Never Learn.png (132 KB, 1692x494) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfags Will Never Learn.png
132 KB, 1692x494
>>83636482
The delusion never stops
>>
>>83636683
How is it delusion when you literally posted a image listing things that rectify problems with the film.
>>
File: 1444602497080.png (209 KB, 400x750) Image search: [Google]
1444602497080.png
209 KB, 400x750
>Snyderfags
>>
>>83636482
Is this the [s4s] embassy thread in /co/?
>>
>Grrl power supermodel wonder woman
>Angry, standoffish superman
>Yet another "batman as post-9/11 american policy" movie
>copy pasted Lex Luthor's name over a bunch of dialogue that would fit better as "representative from Iran" era Joker.
>Alfred is cool
BvS is mediocre at best. Everything about the jar of piss and senate bombing was hamfisted tv-drama level shit. I expect plot contrivances like that from a middle season episode of Lost.

>>83636482
>image.jpg complaining about evansposting
kek
>>
>>83636482
But it was bad.

No it wasn't the tone. It wasn't that it was dark. It wasn't that it had no quips.

It was bland. Every character is the same. Brooding and dark.

>Evanskid
I prefer DC to Marvel. But look at what Marvel did:
Contrary to popular belief the Avengers were B-titles compared to Spider-Man or X-Men. No wonder they sold the rights to those in the '90s.

Marvel Studios have managed to make people care about Cap, or Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and loads of others.

I am not saying their films are the best, they are popcorn schlock. They have bad villains. Meh stories. But do you know why they work? It isn't tone... it is character. People care about Cap. Cap has more dimensions.

What characters are in BvS? What development do they have? The fact is they have zero development. They stand around moping. We know nothing really about them. They don't grow or go anywhere.

Marvel had to make people care about the B-list. DC force the A list out there without telling us who these heroes are anymore. They provide no new interpretation. Just dark tone and set pieces.
>>
>>83636482
its working op

ill come back with some analysis like 50 posts in
>>
>>83636901
>not liking the jar of piss
rest of the movie was shit though
>>
File: tumblr_na93ak9DDN1rgaid9o1_1280.jpg (239 KB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na93ak9DDN1rgaid9o1_1280.jpg
239 KB, 1280x533
Guys share you favorite scenes in the films so far?

MOS
>"Krypton had its chance" Phenomenal tragic moment both dew to Clark's sacrificing of his race for humanity & the destruction crashing the scout ship causes. Music is fantastic here (FUCK why didn't they release this track!), cgi is great and really gives you the impression your HIGH above the city when the scout ship banks downward.
>Clark meeting Jor-El
>Clark & Lois's goodbye when Clark is waiting to turn himself over to Zod.

BVS
>Clark holding on to Doomsday even after he sees the nuke coming.
>"I love you, this is my world, your my world"
>Batman rescuing Martha, easily the best Batman fight scene ever on film.
>>
>>83636815
Why would he be drpressed, he loves fucking awesome movies.
Much better then hating on good shit for irrational reasons and being miserable like you campfag pieces of shit.
>>
>>83636901
How the fuck was she even faintly "GIRL POWER"ery?
>>
>>83636482
>>/tv/
>>
>>83636901
Just because you dont understand the jar of piss symbolism doesnt make it bad
>>
>>83636911
>What characters are in BvS? What development do they have? The fact is they have zero development. They stand around moping. We know nothing really about them. They don't grow or go anywhere.
Except lol...
>Batman coming to see Clark as a human and realizing his severe overreaction.
>Bruce restraining himself from the brutal fuck he has become.
>Clark coming to trust Bruce and see beyond his brutuality.
>Clark accepting this world and his love for Lois and being willing to die for them.
>>
THE MEMES ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE THREAD
>>
>>83637121
I understood that it was a jab at the audience for thinking Snyder's movies are delicious peach tea.
>>
File: 1.jpg (47 KB, 500x527) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
47 KB, 500x527
Ignore the shitposters.

I personally liked the religious motifs used in this film. I liked how they humanized superman.

His death meant alot of things really, one of them being he essentially became mortal, one of us.
>>
>>83636911
>every character is the same
Stopped reading right there. Any fucker who says that Luthor=Batman=Superman is a fucking moron.
>>
File: 1.jpg (99 KB, 600x937) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
99 KB, 600x937
I especially like how it ended the same way it ended in the dark knight returns, sort off.

The heartbeats and all.
>>
File: 1461695520177.jpg (51 KB, 415x392) Image search: [Google]
1461695520177.jpg
51 KB, 415x392
>>83637215
>1.jpg
>>
File: 143079487818.png (420 KB, 601x706) Image search: [Google]
143079487818.png
420 KB, 601x706
>>83637215
>>83637249
>1.jpg
>>
>>83637215
Could someone explain this 1.jpg meme to me?
>>
File: stop crumbling franchise.jpg (62 KB, 1916x806) Image search: [Google]
stop crumbling franchise.jpg
62 KB, 1916x806
>>83637215
>>83637249
>it's a 1.jpg post
>>
File: 1486741564312.png (219 KB, 1170x1200) Image search: [Google]
1486741564312.png
219 KB, 1170x1200
>>83637293
1.jpg is a mad DCfag who spent months shilling about BvS' ''inminent'' success and how Civil War was going to fail.
After BvS, he started shilling about X-Men Apocalypse thinking it would beat CW.
He's probably the wrongest person in 4chan.
>>
>>83636911
>Marvel has managed to make people care about these characters
No they haven't. Normies care about the movies but not the characters.
>>
>>83637293
It's basically a forced meme that thinks anyone who defends the DCEU is all just one guy.
>>
>>83637356
If they go watch those movies is because they like seeing Iron Man, Cap and the others.
People liking Iron Man as a character is what made the MCU possible.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>>83637130
Except lol:
>The whole Superman v. Batman is not built up at all.
>We don't really know what morals either one stands for apart from Batman being a bit more brutal (well Superman was still fucking brutal punching a guy straight through a wall in Africa and fucking those people up).
>Both actors don't really convey much emotion throughout the whole film.
>Clark still barely saves anyone.

Let me show you the issues I mean with Synder. In MoS we have a wandering Clark. This shit could have been used to explain who this Clark is. Instead we got itty bitty scenes of Clark here or there. Clark trashes some guy's lorry. Boring.

Now let us take one of those scenes and remake it, the oil rig scene.
>Image if Clark reveals his power to the fishermen to jump off the boat and go to rescue those people.
>Imagine him testing the limits of his power to hold the rig up to save everyone.
>Image the fishermen helping the people in the boat and him helping them push off.
What would we have? We would have shown a person willing to sacrifice themself. Who inspires others to help. What did we get? Nice CGI shot. That is it. It explains nothing. it serves no purpose.

The problem is: Batman v. Superman continues this trend. Okay Superman goes off to Mexico to save people. Again it is a nice shot. But it doesn't serve the story. It doesn't convey to us the message of what this Superman stands for. We get another broody face man. Sure we get this nice shot of people touching him but we don't get more.

Take the oil rig scene and apply the exact same thing to this one. Make it mean something. Give it some actual meaning and you'll make the characters actually be something beyond looking good in CGI and set pieces.

It isn't that hard to do. Look at some of the shots in BvS. Superman saves people from a shuttle. He pulls a ship through the ice. Nice shots. Tell us nothing.
>>
File: 1.jpg (80 KB, 960x943) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
80 KB, 960x943
Deep analysis, anyone got more?
>>
>>83637398
They like the spectacle and famous actors.
>>
>>83637460
>1.jpg asking for people to dump those copypastas and pics explaining why BvS isn't trash
You poor thing.
>>
>>83637468
>They like the spectacle and famous actors.
Lots of films have spectacle and famous actors. It doesn't make them box office successes.
>>
>>83637402
>Barely saves anyone
>DCEU Superman has basically saved the world four times and does nothing but save people.
>barely anyone
>>
>>83637468
>Chris Evans
>Chris Hemsworth
>popular
RDJ wasn't that popular before Iron Man either.
Hell, Marvel has hired a lot of literally-who's.
Plus, you don't get to the billions only with that, BvS is the proof.
>>
>>83637460
So what exactly is the context here?
>>
>>83637402
Superman is not even close to being brutal you fucking pansy.
>>
>>83637504
>>83637504
Barely saves people that we are shown. I am not talking about the events of MoS at the end.

Again you ignore the whole of my post before replying. How can anyone take you seriously.

The question is this - how can you become invested in the characters if you are given nothing to work with and them BOOM. Just a final set piece.

Clark becomes a journalist with no set up at the end of MoS. Then in BvS he hates the Batman when we don't know he real reasons or truly what Superman stands for.

Lois Lane isn't even given any real importance and it makes the whole "she is the key" really redudant.

You need to get invested in these characters. Not be shown more CGI.

>>83637551
So you can't take criticism of a movie without declaring it bait?

I enjoyed parts of the movie. It doesn't mean I don't have issues with it. Grow up kid.
>>
>>83637551
>sees that no one is posting pics explaining why BvS isn't trash
>he has to do it himself
Sometimes I feel bad for you.
>>
>>83637511
Superman just saved Lex from getting punched from his abomination.
>man from the sky intervene to save him from a fist of an abomination that he's the daddy to
>>
>>83637551
Angry because you got banned in /tv/?
>>
File: 1.jpg (158 KB, 1271x612) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
158 KB, 1271x612
>>83637511
>See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Joe, 'cause God is tribal; GOD TAKES SIDES! NO MAN IN THE SKY INTERVENED when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's FIST and ABOMINATIONS. I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He is all good, then He cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be.

Highlights how good superman is.

Lex creates an abomination that tries to punch him, but the man in the sky intervenes
>>
>>83637402
>(well Superman was still fucking brutal punching a guy straight through a wall in Africa and fucking those people up).
Guy was going to kill the woman he loves and was a genocidal dictator and their wasn't much else he could so.
Heating up the gun could have set off the ammunition inside.
Speeding up to them and grabbing the gun could have harmed Lois as his speed isn't subtle like Quicksilver. Alot of force comes with him.
>Clark still barely saves anyone.
Any individual Kryptonian can kill the entire human race by hand so... so could Doomsday.
So him killing Doomsday potentially saved 7-8 Billion lives.

>We would have shown a person willing to sacrifice themself
I am pretty fucking sure him holding on to Doomsday even after seeing the Nuke coming and him actually sacrificing himself at the end showed that he was willing to do so.

>Sure we get this nice shot of people touching him but we don't get more.
Actually we do when he leans down to put the girl on the ground he seems happy and then when he realizes how the crowd is reacting to him he clearly becomes visibly uncomfortable.
He doesn't need to be in actual peril every time he saves someone.
>>
Whats their left to find? Theres been essays written about every charcter and scene pretty much

Gotta wait for the ultimate cut
>>
>>83637615
>character says something never happened to him
>thing happens a few scenes later
Wow deep and meaningful
>>
>>83637663
The fuck are you smoking.
>>
>>83637600
Everytime Superman is shown he is saving someone. The only time he shown not saving someone is at the senate bombing.
>saves the kids from drowning
>saves the oil workers
>saves the waitress from being harassed
>saves his mom
>saves the miltary pilot
>saves Meloni
>saves lois
>saves the world 4 times
>saves the girl in mexico
>saves the space shuttle
>saves people from a flood
>>
>>83637658
I would call you WB shill, but we know they can't afford them.
>>
>>83637712
It's not to meant to be deep and meaningful but an example of how the film was crafted.
>>
>>83637698
Oh no, with the Ultimate cut people will try to make more essays to explain why the flick wasn't horrible.
>>
>>83637663
Gotta love how religious symbolism is all that's left to salvage from Snyder's things.
>>
>>83637551
This is advanced shitposting
>>
File: 1.jpg (301 KB, 1920x807) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
301 KB, 1920x807
24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.

25 Shortly before DAWN Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake.
>>
>>83637853
Is that pic from that Superman game that WB Montreal was rumored to be making?
>>
BvS was an awful movie with some good ideas that were poorly executed and implemented, themes that were presented but not explored and pretty shit writing overall, bland score, uninteresting action scenes except for Batman stuff and prete tious symbolism that doesn't pay off at all within the movie.
I believe the ultimate cut will improve the movie, but not a single step beyond MCU-tier mediocrity.
>>
>>83637663
That's pretty retarded.
I mean
>hey it finally happened!
Isn't exactly smart.
>>
>>83637600
one of your very first point of arguemnt, that Superman barely saves anyone, is false so yeah I didn't even bother with the rest.
>>
File: 1.jpg (96 KB, 768x763) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
96 KB, 768x763
This is batman's motivation.
In this moment he knew superman had to be stopped, he orphaned a child in his eyes, his tragedy.

Not a word had to be said for us to understand why he was angry at superman.
>>
>>83637884
>A Superman movie should be men on wires and not use cgi
Please burn in the depths of fucking hell!
>>
>>83637922
>Superman movie CGI should be rendered on the Unreal Engine 3
>>
>>83637921
Absolutely no one was wondering what Batman's motivation was.
>>
>>83637921
Based. Cant wait for the ultimate cut.

Is bvs the most symbolic cape movie?
>>
>>83637984
Why are you replying to yourself.
>>
>>83637939
Iron_Man_with_helmet_off.CivilWar
>>
>>83637789
Using cheap tricks?
>>
>>83637921
Wow, thanks for explaining one of the few things that absolutely everyone understood in the first place.
>>
File: 1.jpg (783 KB, 2964x1732) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
783 KB, 2964x1732
Here's another one I found bros
>>
>>83638003
*?
>>
>>83638040
So it's a dumb cape film by a director with no talent who put religious symbolism in it.
>>
I honestly like how the movies that Zack Snyder makes actually try to be more than shitty cape films.

What I hate is how so many people struggle to make sense of these movies when everything is literally spelled out inside the movie.
Like the Pa Kent thing. Everyone exaggerates it to be Pa Kent being a terrible father when its obvious that Pa Kent is overly protective of Clark. He doesn't want Clark to get found and experimented by the Government. That's literally the jist of it because a literal demigod arising causes people to go fucking ape shit.

For instance there are literally people on /co/ alone who think Superman should be saving people 24/7. Like half of the complaints about these movies are just people with either Asperger syndrome or a complete lack of empathy.

They even address it in the BvS movie as well. It's not that hard to grasp also why the fuck does everyone like to blast their shitty "NO INVINCIBLE SON" meme. How shitty a person do you have to be to assume your son can tank tornadoes in order to save your own life. It's literally incorporating the fact that you're in the audience and know more about Superman's powers and strengths than Pa Kent in the actual movie.

Pa Kent doesn't know that Clark can withstand a tornado and that isn't even the most of his concerns. He doesn't want Clark to fuck his life over even his sake.

Anyway excluding that the real lesson is that Clark still manages to risk his life for mankind despite overall being bigger than them. The same way his Pa sacrificed his life for a dog and his own adopted child. Pa Kent in MoS is pretty heroic and Clark goes on to follow his Pa's actions as opposed to his words.

It's a lot easier to tell Clark to go out and save everyone at his expense but its a lot harder to think of what that means on Clark as an actual person.
Everyone who goes and dehumanizes him because they view Supes as a god is a literal retard.
>>
>>83638017
What does a Marvel movie have to do with this?
>>
>>83637904
No you ignored all my points about characterisation.

>>83637685
But we didn't learn enough from those scenes. The movie almost always expects you to take a comic book interpretation of the characters and go nuts. They need to characterise these people to show you who they are. Otherwise there is no depth to anything.

The conflict just rings hollow because they don't build it up enough. I really think Henry Cavill could be a heck of a Superman if he was given something to work with aside from walk around making this face.

All the grand talk and pseudo intellectuallism fall flat when none of it is put into practice. We are never really given a taste of the current Superman status quo. Sure we have a MoS flashback to the fight in Metropolis. But who is Superman now?

The film continues to never answer this. Even Superman's death just feels like another meaningless thing.

Honestly I feel like people who really enjoyed Batman v Superman toil over to find meaning where there isn't any beyond speeches and bad CGI. We are never really truly given a taste of the world set in motion by these events nor the people who operate in them.
>>
>Watch a few reviews people say there were tuning out during the movie at parts.
I can watch most movies and stay involved with the plot but if that's what some people are saying than they ready hate DC/WB or this was ready a badly paced movie.
Mind you I haven't seen it yet but all the noise from BvS movie goers makes me glad I didn't which is a shame.
>>
>>83638019
Film is nothing but cheap tricks.
>>
>>83638070
>actually try to be more than shitty cape films.

But they are still shitty cape films.
Only with some empty and cheap religious symbolism.
>>
File: BIZARRO.jpg (109 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
BIZARRO.jpg
109 KB, 400x300
>>83636482

>Let's have a discussion about why this film not only not bad, but is actually very good.
>>
>>83637921
>he orphaned a child accidentally due to collateral damage from a supervillain attack he stopped all alone
>I hate him
This is a level of retardation you'd expect from a marvel movie
>>
File: 1418850888476.jpg (22 KB, 225x255) Image search: [Google]
1418850888476.jpg
22 KB, 225x255
>>83636482
So basically, let's have a discussion over what BvS could have been?
>>
There are many scenes that i really like, but there's a lot of stuff to cringe about.
I'd like to talk about it with my friends irl but i dont want to come off as one of the retards that call this kino.
I really liked it and i want to see what someone with good editing skills could make it a bit better.
>>
File: 1.jpg (116 KB, 650x960) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
116 KB, 650x960
>>83637984
There's X-men, even though it's subtle.

That's why I like fox and DC, they make you use your brain, they make you think
>>
>>83638091
If you missed all those people that Superman saved than why would I ever think you know what characterization is? Clearly you're an idiot.
>>
>>83637600
See like this post is stupid as fuck.
Superman saves so many people in both MoS and BvS. Not even including the fact that he saves the whole world in both those movies as well.
I'm invested in the characters because I view them as actual human beings.
The only real thing you have here is the journalist thing.
In BvS he obviously dislikes Batman's harsh methods and you're a fumbling retard if you couldn't see that. You know what Superman stands for its a simple stance. He literally just wants to help
It's all he's been doing since MoS
Lois Lane has a whole subplot and Clark literally tells Lois that she's his world before killing Doomsday.

You people literally do not pay attention to movies and its infuriating honestly.
I've only watched this movie once and it was around Easter. What the fuck is wrong with you guys
>>
>>83638087
What do you think?
>>
File: 1.jpg (21 KB, 506x271) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
21 KB, 506x271
>>83638155
Note how the poster slightly resembles the nazi flag
>>
File: 198520958295.gif (1 MB, 245x140) Image search: [Google]
198520958295.gif
1 MB, 245x140
>>83638155
>1.jpg is literally clinging to any movie that's not MCU out of pure anger at CW's success
>>
>>83638141
Bats is asshole like that. He worked all his life being the best so now he sees everyone else as an amateur whonjust fucks things up.
>>
>>83638147
No, reread the post.
>>
File: BIZARRO MURPHY.jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
BIZARRO MURPHY.jpg
7 KB, 184x184
>>83638147
Nah, this is just a therapy thread for that same long-winded Snyderfaganon's coping with the DCEU's poor performance.

We've been having these since Man of Steel's second weekend.
I shit you not.
>>
>>83638112
All you can do is make memetic comments. They were great cape films and the symbolism wasn't empty at all.

You are literally just ignoring any meaning the symbolism has in the context of the movies. You won't even attempt to understand why they use it
>>
>>83638185
>waifuscum
>>
>>83638176
So the bad guys are symbolized with nazism.
Thanks for giving me an excuse to not watch this.
Very glad it's underperforming.

Also, what kind of manchild do you have to be to think some dumb capeshit movie will ever make you think?
It's just nerds on cosplay costumes beating bad guys.
>>
>>83638091
>we didn't learn enough from those scenes
Speak for yourself retard.
>>
>>83638210
It's religious symbolism so fans can make pics explaining how deep it is and shill the movie for free.
Thank god the DCEU is crumbling away if they have to use such tactics to have some sort of reputation among fans.
>>
>>83638217
>underperforming
Best new neme word or best new meme new meme word?
>>
>>83638245
>Apocalypse is projected to not even reach 600 million

If making 150 million less than the previous entry and making 150 million less than a +18, C-lister solo movie, then I don't know what it is.
>>
>>83638091
>They need to characterise these people to show you who they are
I got exactly who they are, just because they are subtle takes on them and Clark isn't shoving sunshine up your ass doesn't mean he lacks characterization.
>But who is Superman now?
What does this even mean, did you even watch the films?
>Even Superman's death just feels like another meaningless thing.
Except it wraps up the films entire point and gives a definitive answer to the world that his intent was noble the whole time.
>>
>>83638239
>It's religious symbolism so fans can make pics explaining how deep it is and shill the movie for free.
damn ur dumb
>>
File: Zoidberg.jpg (19 KB, 259x185) Image search: [Google]
Zoidberg.jpg
19 KB, 259x185
>>83638176
Singer uses Auschwitz like other movie-makers use Times Square.

At this point it's getting a little exploitative.
>>
File: 1.jpg (170 KB, 1024x667) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
170 KB, 1024x667
This thread better be up when I get back.
>>
Being a part of the Halo community (I know, right?), I've heard this line a lot and I hate it, but I've come to accept that someone who tries to claim that BvS understood the source material is just not a fan of the comics or characters. I was literally aghast at some of the shit that was being projected in front of me. I felt offended as I was leaving my theater. Its one thing to have subjectively enjoyed the film, but I just can't fathom how anyone can watch the same film I did, and claim it did these characters and stories justice.

This is your audience now DC, enjoy the success.

https://youtu.be/Bo3JUsDNc8k
>>
>>83638270
>g-guys please keep giving reasons why this movie isn't trash...
lmfao
>>
>>83638270
It will be.

>>83638292
die slow nigger
>>
>>83638286
>>>/v/
>>
>>83638159
Are you illiterate? You seem to be.

>>83638169
>You people literally do not pay attention to movies and its infuriating honestly.
The fuck are you on about?

I am saying there isn't:
>Enough characterisation.
>Enough build up.

And all you people can do is come out the woodwork to say but there is x, y and z.

I gave a clear example of the problems Synder has. Let me tell you again. Look at MoS.

We have a wandering Clark. He smashes some dudes lorry. He saves some people from an oil rig. He walks topless for a bit. We learn nothing about the character. Any film can have that amount of CGI.

I also gave an example of how they could have done it.

It doesn't explain the gap between childhood and now and tell us who this Clark Kent is. And this is similar to the issues of BvS.

There is speeches here and there but all it is? Pseudo intellectual dribble inbetween the CGI spectacle. Yet we have retards like these people:
>>83638219
>>83638040
>>83637551
Who worship it like the second coming.

Showing a broody Superman like picture related. Giving Clark no screentime to be a living breathing person just makes things hollow.

And that is what these films are. They are hollow.

>>83638266
>subtle takes
This is what it comes down to. I see it as nothing and you see it as subtle. Well I am afraid it is nothing. Too few scenes actually showing things. And a brooding Henry Cavill is not subtle. I perfectly understand the plot of the film and what was going on.

Is it subtle to have actors making the same expressions over and over again pooring our cliched lines? What I am arguing is that the characters were given no where near enough time to development. I don't see why you would argue against that.
>>
File: officer-barbrady.jpg (69 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
officer-barbrady.jpg
69 KB, 320x240
>>83638270
There's been hourly Snyder Defense Threads for the last three years........
Does this particular one have to still be up?
>>
Watching this flick felt more like a chore than anything.
Really boring, and I was sleepy when the Batman scenes happened.
Don't know what was up with Wonder Woman getting forced into the plot, or that cavetroll from LOTR at the end.
>>
File: Aanglosinit.jpg (47 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Aanglosinit.jpg
47 KB, 720x480
>>83638353
HOLY SHET
We are 5 days from the 3rd Anniversary of the very first Snyder Defense Force Thread!!

I feel we should have a special celebration!!
>>
>>83638351
>Well I am afraid it is nothing
>I am afraid my opinion is better than yours
wew
>>
>>83638070
>a literal demigod arising causes people to go fucking ape shit
That's something I find annoying. We are shown that a lot of people hate supes and some worship him. We are shown that it makes supes mopey. But it never goes beyond that. Superman never talks to a crowd, never tries to undo the god comparisons despite the fact that it visibly bothers him to no end, never once shows any shred of humanity to anyome but Bats and Lois.
When a major conflict your character has only exists to make him mope for the entire movie then doesn't get adressed in the end, what's the point? People still fucking worship him as a god in the end, not as a hero.
>>
>>83636482
The movie has a number of cool looking moments. I don't know if that's a enough to make it a good movie It wasn't enough to make me like it as a whole. But it wasn't entirely without merit.
>>
>>83637222
To be fair to the poster, Afleck's Batman (while a good action performance) was 'brooding and dark.' Likewise, the Superman we got in this film, for as little as he even had dialogue, was 'brooding and dark.'

YOU are RIGHT in that 'every character' is absurdly broad - Wonder Woman had some dumb film moments and was stuck in an awful idea of a designer gown at one point, but she was in no way 'brooding' nor 'dark.' On the other hand, she gave no indication that she was ambassador for peace, or any of the other characteristic Diana traditional has in canon. Another good example of how she was poorly served is in lines like, "Little boys have no inclination to share." There is really no sensible way that the scriptwriters or directors could think that this is would be some sort of post-feminist Strong Woman slogan for her that fans would appreciate and enjoy when really it's more of a comment about how 3/4ths of the films set-up and denouement was stupid and needless - particularly given it's placement in the film.

We did get, in some senses, a darker Alfred but he was far from 'brooding.' Irons was the real bright spot in the movie and even where they changed him from canon (essentially giving him the Oracle role and making him more front and center and directly involved in Batman's mission here), those were all positive changes that Irons carried forth brilliantly.

OTOH, Batfleck was pissy, dour, easily manipulated, petty and tedious. Cavill essentially had no dialogue and what he did have did more to pass him off as ineffectual and pompous: "the bat is dead, bury it. Consider this mercy." or dispiritedly morose about himself, his future and his adopted planet ("Righting wrongs for a ghost, thinking I'm here to do good. Superman was never real. Just a dream of a farmer from Kansas.")

Luthor is given a bunch of bunch of sentences to others that feel like he read some WIkiquotes on various topics that he REALLY, REALLY liked.
>>
>>83638391
Make a thread trying to defend all of Snyder's flicks at the same time?
>>
>>83638399
Again you don't listen.

Enjoy the incoherency of BvS if you wish.
>>
>>83638351
Yeah you caught me, Totally illiterate and yet I'm still smarter than you.
>>
>>83638402
>why is Supes a flawed person who can't solve all his problems easily
>>
File: 1381305747200.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1381305747200.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>83638422
Maybe, maybe.
In any case we should do something special to mark 3 years of consistent autism on the part of Headcanon Anon's body of work.
>>
>>83638431
>totally
You didn't use a full stop so you should not have used a capital T.
>>
File: 1401332338217.jpg (170 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1401332338217.jpg
170 KB, 800x800
>all BvS discussion 1 week after the movie came out are threads trying to defend it
>>
>>83638417
>Cavill essentially had no dialogue
stopped reading there
He had 43 lines in a movie that he shares with Batman.
Superman '78 gave him about 80 lines.
The math adds up.
Supes had the appropriate amount of lines.
>>
File: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Man of Steel.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>83638477
>1 week

Bro, this has been going on for THREE YEARS SOLID, NONSTOP
>>
>>83638477
>all the discussion of a Marvel movie 1 month after release is non existant
>>
>>83638472
>full stop
>it's a non-american post
>>
File: Thor5.jpg (110 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
Thor5.jpg
110 KB, 1200x799
>>83638525
Amazing how no one is autistic enough to create 3526 threads defending Thor: Dark World, ain't it?
>>
>>83638417
>this Superman was dark and brooding
Not even. I seriously don't know how you can get Dark from this Superman unless you just a terrible understanding of what Dark is.
>>
>>83638525
Because there's no need to do damage control over it.
People liked it and it was a success comercially and critically, so we moved on.

3 years later people are still trying to explain why MoS wasn't bad, and we will now have countless threads defending BvS, until fags have to move on to defend Justice League.
>>
>>83638555
That's because TDW is a bad movie, and Snyder's DCEU entries are not.
>>
>>83638497
A lot of Clark's dialogue in the movie were multiple sentences he had with Lois, his mom, or his dream sequence dad. When he's shown in other key situations - say the hearing room, or in Africa, he has no sentences. The dialogue between him and Perry and the dialogue at the gala (which makes up a portion of those lines you think are 'appropriate') was a waste of film space in a film that was already over-stuffed.

Stop where you want, it doesn't prove you correct or validates your beliefs in any meaningful way.
>>
It was bad because it came out at the wrong time. They should have built the universe, so as to enable the fans to acquire some sort of familiarity or attachment to the characters, rather than going straight into a big event. DC fucked up by rushing this shit and not allowing fans to get used to BatAffleck.
>>
>>83638580
>a bloo bloo a bloo
cry more buzzfeed
>>
>>83638576
No, Snyder's DCEU flicks are trash, the problem is that not a single DCEU movie has had good reception, so DCEU fans are really insecure about it.

Never seen a fanbase so deep in denial and so desperate for people to agree with them.
>>
Its very curious this flick

When you read people seriously discussing rather Superman killed warlord, you have to wonder the curiousness of them not hearing or perhaps not caring that Clark says he did not kill anyone.

How is this possible? Add to that the obvious symbolism that people constantly miss or ignore?

What's up with that?
>>
>>83638472
Cant help it im illiterate
I don't even know how I typing this really.
>>
File: Tighten.jpg (16 KB, 210x236) Image search: [Google]
Tighten.jpg
16 KB, 210x236
>>83638568
Oh man, the defense of Justice League will be incredible.
It will be hilarious.
With so many characters, Snyder won't feel obligated to have any dialogue except for some really awkward little exchanges.

He'll probably sneak subliminal images of the Sistine Chapel's ceiling into the shots.
>>
>>83638555
>>83638568
>Civil War is probably the most tumultuous, status-quo changing flick in the MCU
>0 threads in the catalog

You point out Thor 2. But eeven when Marvel 'tries', its nothing special
>>
>>83638661
And it will be as great as his last two films.
>>
>>83638646
>he made a thread complaining about critics in /tv/
>anoter in /co
>gets deleted
>posts it also in another thread shilling the Bluray of the movie
>>83635605

See?
Most desperate an insecure fanbase of all.
>>
>>83638155
>X-Men: Apocalypse
>suble
kek
>>
File: Joker-face.jpg (91 KB, 599x631) Image search: [Google]
Joker-face.jpg
91 KB, 599x631
>>83638670
/co/ classically doesn't discuss material it really likes.
Lurk more.
A new issue of Hellboy will get ONE storytime, this here will get 300 threads.
>>
>>83638351
And I'm saying that you've already discredit your arguemnt in your very first post.
>>
>>83638701
nice falseflag
>>
>>83636911
I get what you're saying, but I think you're saying it wrong.
Its not that the characters don't grow, its that there not personable. Or at least not personable the whole movie.
I think its honestly a problem with translating DC comics to the big screen. I like DC comics a lot better than Marvel, and a big part of that is the secret identities. In the movies however we get about 2 Clark Kent scenes (Bathtub and arguing with boss), no real Bruce Wayne having fun scenes (although Bruce as a secret identity is kinda just another Batman tool) and none for WW (I don't count the one time she was in a dress because same as Bruce, just a tool, not a life.
This becomes a problem in the fight scenes. In Marvel movies Ironman and Cap have the same personality when they are discussing the accords, chopping wood at a farm, recruiting superheroes and fighting. Superman and Clark are two completely different personalities and characters, so the relatable happy Clark moments we get don't transfer over to Superman. Even worse, Superman saving people doesn't feel right. He's placed on a pedestal and is made even less human with the obvious savior motifs in his rescues.
Maybe that all makes for an interesting debate about what superheroes represent or whatever, but it doesn't feel satisfying, inspiring or uplifting. My favorite superhero stories are the ones that have a clearly happy ending. I want to see Superman overcoming obstacles, reaching out to help both friends and enemies, all while living quietly among us. Neither MoS nor BvS have delivered that Superman.
>>
>>83638670
see
>>83638568

There's no need to do damage control, all discussion was already done.
All BvS discussion since March has been constant damage control.
People claim the critics are shit, but all these asshurt precisely comes from the critics destroying the flick.
>>
>>83638733
Critics are shit.
see
>>83638646
>>
>>83638754
If the critics are shit, why 3 years of asshurt over MoS' reception?
Why 3 years of damage control?
>>
File: wake me up inside.jpg (272 KB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
wake me up inside.jpg
272 KB, 1065x902
>>83638698
Its sure will friend.

It sure will.
>>
>>83638670
DC hasn't made anything special in 8 years.
Their movies lately stand out because nobody but a bunch of desperate fanboys like them.
>>
File: 1.jpg (362 KB, 1832x1832) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
362 KB, 1832x1832
Lets do this
>>
>>83638628
Because you clearly see THREE WALLS being bulldozed down after the fact. One would have sufficed and still kept it in the realm of being believable. Obvious symbolism doesn't make a good movie.
>>
>>83638772
Because I want to see more films that critics don't, and the critical reception meme damages the box office of good films.
>>
>>83638733
It's not really dmage control. It's shitposters like yourself who can't abide people discussing what they like about this movie so they start arguments and force people to basically explain the movie shot for shot.
>>
>>83638754
Yeah, critics are shit, the 3 months of constant shilling and trying to explain why BvS isn't trash totally has nothing to do with it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (118 KB, 1280x463) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
118 KB, 1280x463
>That homage
>>
>>83638555
The Scene where Frigga fights Malekith and the resulting fall out of it redeems any short comings that movie might have.

It had many flaws but NOTHING that would diminish the tension,strength, and emotion of that scene. Those few minutes elevate the entire movie if not the genre as a whole.

FIGHT ME BRO
>>
>157 posts
>27 IPs
So it's really just 2-3 Snyderfags autistically defending this movie.
>>
File: 1478641654132.jpg (468 KB, 1018x5743) Image search: [Google]
1478641654132.jpg
468 KB, 1018x5743
>>83638670
>DC discussion
>>
File: Superman (4).jpg (526 KB, 1406x1080) Image search: [Google]
Superman (4).jpg
526 KB, 1406x1080
I really tried to like this movie. Like really attempted to like it.

>Jesse Eisenberg was irritating.
>Jeremy Irons came in, was good, then left not to be seen again.
>Third act was just boring, unearned and the worst act of the film.
>All those "epic" lines fell flat.
>Felt incoherent like they were pulling it in several directions (hey, Flash, flash forward, let us set up meta humans!)
>Wonder Woman just dumped in.
>Tried too hard to be dark.
>Too incoherent and too full of story.
>They OVERTOLD the story, like it could have been simpler but was just bang, scene here, scene there, sometimes leaving you for ages with one character and ignoring another.

It ended up feeling boring - I really don't have a short attention span but it felt like a slog. And the action scenes didn't appease that. Some of them (like the third act) made it worse.
>>
>>83638823
>trying to explain
More like pointing out the obvious to a brick wall.
>>
File: 148674651325.jpg (167 KB, 760x1843) Image search: [Google]
148674651325.jpg
167 KB, 760x1843
>>83638809
>it's not really damage control
>>
>>83638733
We're not talking damage control in this thread

We're talking about character motivation, plot revelations, layered symbolism, dynamic allusions and references, universe speculation, etc.

Why cant a Marvel movie inspire those discussions
>>
>>83638837
Or just 2-3 shitposters who can't let people discuss the movie.
>>
>>83638890
No you are not.
You are doing damage control and trying to explain why the movie isn't trash just like you've been doing for the past 3 years with MoS.
>>
>>83638912
You didnt answer the question
>>
>>83638907
1.jpg alone has 21 posts in here.
I'm inclined to believe is really only 5 people trying to talk about Snyder's latest thing.
>>
File: 1.jpg (168 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
168 KB, 1024x576
Some bvs stuff
>>
File: Supersubtlety.jpg (52 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
Supersubtlety.jpg
52 KB, 600x250
>>83638890
>layered symbolism
>Snyder
HAHAHAHAHA

My Seids.
>>
>>83638837
Yeah, because 2-3 people max actually enjoyed this film
>>
>>83638867
Go back to /tv/
>>
>>83638912
>no u
ok bud
>>
>>83638719
You are using a common argument on the different translations, that DC comics are different to Marvel but personally I feel like it has more to do with how Synder has tried to present these characters (or the lack of presenting it).

>In the movies however we get about 2 Clark Kent scenes (Bathtub and arguing with boss), no real Bruce Wayne having fun scenes (although Bruce as a secret identity is kinda just another Batman tool) and none for WW (I don't count the one time she was in a dress because same as Bruce, just a tool, not a life.
Agree. And this is why I think it proves my point. How little are these people given? it just doesn't feel satisfying. And that is it. That deep core feeling that it isn't satisfying.

I just think it comes down to how Synder is presenting these characters. Not because of DC as a whole.
>>
>>83638928
I did.
Because Marvelfags don't need to prove anything.
Every single one of these threads is the same damage control consisting of spamming the same pics and copypastas over and over trying to explain why the latest DC movie isn't garbage, there's hardly any discussion.
You are trying so hard to prove that Snyder's flicks are deep or that they get discussed that it completely backfires.
Marvelfags don't need to prove anything to anyone, they never went full damage control and denial because there wasn't any reason to with any movie.
>>
>>83638938
I don't think that's the same person but jist people who label their filenames specifically just to troll people like you.
>>
File: 1487674654312.gif (3 MB, 325x349) Image search: [Google]
1487674654312.gif
3 MB, 325x349
Can someone make an analisys of the deep religious symbolism of this scene?
>>
>>83636482
Post the other promotional poster.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1003 KB, 1671x3879) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1003 KB, 1671x3879
>>
>>83639004
>I did
U didn't tho
>>
>>83639016
Not a single 1.jpg post has been ticked as a new IP post aside from this one >>83637215

These threads don't make much sense, I mean this guy >>83639045 is asking to the OP to post another pic even though that's not his first post in this thread.
>>
>>83638944
That's a wonderful scene.

Going into their conversation, the priest rightfully is intimidated by Clark and views him as an otherworldly mysterious and perhaps dangerous being. That shot is from the priest's perspective after all.

When Clark leaves downtrodden and disencouraged, illuminated by the light from the door, that's when a glimpse of humanity and weakness is finally gleamed by the priest.
>>
>>83639059
I did.

>DC makes movies
>everyone hates them
>discuss for a bit
>DCfags do damage control
>spend years try to explain why they aren't garbage

>Marvel makes movies
>eveeryone likes them
>discuss for a bit
>move on to wait for the next Marvel movie
>>
File: Clark Kent.jpg (101 KB, 500x527) Image search: [Google]
Clark Kent.jpg
101 KB, 500x527
>>83639035
Those dongs represent the abstract painal that Superman fans will experience at the closing credits to the film?
>>
>>83639035
They remind me of sarcophagi.
>>
>>83639065
Just do it. I promise you'll at least smirk.
>>
>>83639004
Theres no discussion right now because we're arguing with people like you

OP says it himself, once you folks get tired of replying then we can get into some analysis

Those 'spammed copypastas' didnt come from thin air, they came from in-depth discussion threads free from agitators like you
>>
It wasnt bad, just had its flaws. They should have cut the entire opening scene showing Bruce's parents dieing. Everyone is already aware of this and it was an unnecessary couple minutes. Second leave out doomsday, hes a terrible villan, just a mindless monster.

Superman being sorta of a debbie downer and les self asure of his purprose was kinda nice to me (am aware this isnt how hes written in the comics) but having god like power and being unsure how to use it was relatable
>>
I defended Man of Steel to death and I still think it's an amazing movie to this day...

But let's be honest, BvS is a mess. I say this as a fan of both Marvel and DC, and I'm more of a DC fan.

The things it does good are the Flash cameo and the scenes with Batman. Superman is a mess in this movie and Snyder doesn't understand his character very. Some of the best scenes involving him are in that montage of him saving people. If Snyder realized that's what people loved about Superman, he'd figure out a way to put that into more than a 2 minute montage and instead make 2 hours of it.

It's frustrating discussing this as a Superman fan because I feel more excited for Ben Affleck's Batman at this point.
>>
>>83639070
So many words, yet no message at all.
Snyder is that you?
>>
>>83639111
I agree with everything you said. I just think as a whole, the movie felt more like a DC comic than anything before it.
>>
>>83639122
Snyder would know that the word is "gleaned" not gleamed.
>>
>>83639110
They came from very mad DCfags who wanted to prove that the movies aren't trash.
Since they have barely any positive reception, they cling like mad to any positive thing they can pick up, making screenshots of those posts, and trying to use them as arguments, even though most of them are just explaining some random religious symbolism.

Look at the IP count, nobody is coming here.
If none of us was here, people would have dumped their copypastas and the thread would have died 50 posts in.
>>
>>83639092
>everyone hates them
Untrue which leads
>there all Damage control thread
Which is also untrue because more often than not thetly start off as peope as just wanting to discuss the movie without shitposters who need the movie explain to them.
>>
>>83639160
>They came from very mad DCfags who wanted to prove that the movies aren't trash.
>le sticking to the narrative faec
gross
>>
>>83639147
Don't remember DC comics being this much of a poorly edited mess.
>>
Snyderfags are delusional. BvS did not meet expectations, it further clusterfucks the beginning of the DCEU, and you're praising shit that isn't there. You shouldn't have to write a damn essay explaining why it was good. It failed, get over it.
>>
>>83639122
>>83639153
>the scene is shit
>[explanation of scene]
>its still shit tho see u made a typo

haha
>>
File: Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg (214 KB, 1263x850) Image search: [Google]
Apes-Old-Caesar.jpg
214 KB, 1263x850
>>83639173
>Which is also untrue because more often than not thetly start off as peope as just wanting to discuss the movie
but the OP is
>>83636482
>Let's have a discussion about why this film not only not bad

From the very first, this was a Defense Force Thread. Nigga pls.
>>
>>83639173
If you all understand that movie so well, and you don't want those people who want to have the movie explained to them in this thread, why make screencaps and copypastas explaining those things in the first place?
>>
>>83639147
What? Oh hell no. Get that ol' bullshit out of here. You know what feels like a comic book movie? When they actually don't butcher the source material to hell and back. This, if anything, was an obviously quick cashgrab excuse of a pile of wanton hedonistic bullshit that has ever been put to screen and that fact you people enjoy this drivel speaks volumes of your character.
>>
>>83639191
>poorly edited
meme
>>
File: 1420584562487.jpg (237 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
1420584562487.jpg
237 KB, 620x620
>>83639173
>OP literally says ''LET'S MAKE A THREAD TO EXPLAIN WHY THIS MOVIE ISN'T TRASH''
>not a damage control thread
>>
>Coming soon

I can't wait!
>>
>>83639065
But that doesn't really make them all the same person nor does it show that they came from one singular source either. All it shows that Marveldrones are more obsessed than any actual discussion.
>>
>>83636482
>Let's have a discussion about why this film not only not bad, but is actually very good
so a short conversation?
>>
>>83639203
It was an 8/10 film though.
>>
>>83639211
>but the OP is
>>>83636482 (OP) #
>>Let's have a discussion about why this film not only not bad
Yes, because of dummies like you.
>>
>>83639221
Cause it's content?
>>
File: 1.jpg (29 KB, 768x358) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
29 KB, 768x358
>>83639035
Nothing religious.

Kryptonians never had sex, since they were made through the birthing matrix.

This left them sexually repressed and would use phallic an yonic motifs subconsciously.
>>
>>83636911
>>83636901
Howd the thread devolve from sort of constructive posts like those

into one sentence "the movies shit stop damage control" posts?
>>
>>83639238
>Superman and Batman become bros
>Lois throws the kryptonite spear into the water
>trinity is fighting Doomsday
>Batman says he needs that spear
>Lois, out of nowhere, knows that and she grabs the spear

Also
>make action scene of Batman trying to steal some kryptonite
>he fails in the end
>ends up stealing the kryptonite off screen

Yeah, just a meme.
>>
>>83639191
bla bla bla bla bla
>>
>>83639260
delete this

>209 posts
>>
>>83637921
>What's your name?
>Carrie, sir, Carrie Kelley.
>>
>>83639291
Thanks for explaining why you made flying cocks, Snyder.
True kino.
>>
>>83639309
meme

Your only valid complaint is the spear thing. That was pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>83639291
This dual association of sexual imagery both with the birth and flight of Superman as well as the imprisonment of Zod must have an explanation
>>
File: 1.jpg (62 KB, 913x609) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
62 KB, 913x609
>>83639291

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phallic_stage

More phallic symbolism
>>
>>83639345
>meme
Then explain to me.
What's the point of making a scene of a character almost achieving something, if the moment where he achieves that thing he tried to do is not shown?
It's awful editing, plain and simple.
Movie is plagued with that.
>>
>>83636482
You know what I realized? MoS threads were full of people who didn't like something they liked being so disliked along with people who disliked something hoping that the follow up would be better. Post-BvS though, these threads hardly seem as frequent, but are still full of people who don't like something they liked being so savagely called out for the piece of shit it was. Unfortunately, I think the difference now versus post-MoS is that people who posted hoping BvS would be better than MoS have just completely given up. Maybe there are some shitstains who are actively trying to rub people's face in the poor reception of the movie, but beside them, the overall reception seems to be more along the lines of a Marvel movie but in reverse. The same way Marvel movies stop being talked about months after release because excluding the minority they are widely accepted as pleasant and good, other than threads being started to defend it like this one, people aren't talking about BvS because of how widely accepted it is as having been dogshit.
>>
>>83638056
I'm sure you got all those references in your uninterested viewing.
>>
>A movie so edgy it gives diehard fans the Ultimate Cut
>>
>>83639035
This scene coupled with history of Kryptons birthing matrix was meant to evoke feelings and thoughts of Panspermia and to a lesser degree Immaculate conception. Not only for Superman and the Kents but for the surviving Kryptonians and the earth itself. They travel from world to world looking to restart the Kryptonian race but these worlds are unsuitable, barren. It is only earth where these higher beings can nest and grow. Earth out of all these places in the universe is worthy to receive them, like Martha was worthy to receive Clark, Like Mary was worthy to receive Jesus.
>>
>>83639358
>phallic stage
Is this a reference to Snyder's mental age?
>>
>>83639249
That doesn't retroactively make them all damage control threads
>>
>>83639358
Looks more like a lumpy shit than a penis, Anon.
>>
>>83639369
This.
These aren't fans of the movies, they are just people angry at others not liking the flicks.
>>
File: 1443991157848.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443991157848.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1080
>>83638799
I love how Returns is in there.
>>
>>83638525
>if I spam my opinions they become the truth
>>
>>83639359
Because he needed to meet Superman there. It's flimsy from a plot perspective, not an editing one.

Not that it matters, but they will be showing Bats stealing from Lexcorp in the Ultimate Cut.
I liked it fine just having Lex see the Batarang in the case though.
>>
File: 1.jpg (26 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
26 KB, 640x360
>>83639358
Yonic Symbolism

This is the first time we see superman with his suit, the scout ship doors are opening, imitating a vulva.

This is the metaphorical birth of superman.

Note how zod and faora didn't think of having sex to regrow their race, that's how repressed they were. Celibacy
>>
>>83639358
Pure kino, how many drawn cocks could we find in MoS and BvS?
>>
>>83639371
>this is your brain on the MCU
>>
>>83639434
>now there are vaginas and cocks in the movies
Why is Snyder such a genius?
>>
>>83639035
All MoS is about birth, so phallic and vaginal symbols are all over the place, also because of what >>83639291 said.
>>
>>83639417
Returns is underrated desu
>dat plane scene (not THAT plNe scene)
>>
>>83639465
>Pussy and dick lol xD
>So rude

Turn 18, then we'll talk.
>>
File: thumbs-up.jpg (82 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up.jpg
82 KB, 630x420
>>83639496
I know, I said that unironically. It's actually my favourite Batman film to date.
>>
File: file.png (280 B, 178x40) Image search: [Google]
file.png
280 B, 178x40
>>83639496
Much better superman tbqh.
>>
>>83639540
SUPERMAN returns, dumdum.
>>
>>83639434
I wonder if we'll see all those come together in the inevitable Batman rape scene.
>>
>>83639496
>Returns is good you guys! See look at the plane scene!

Every time.

Is there anything worth looking at in that terrible flick written and cast by Bryan Singers ring of pedos?
>>
>>83637007

>Clark holding on to Doomsday even after he sees the nuke coming.

Wait, does that mean the military is responsible for Superman's death and prolonging the fight?

If they hadn't launched the nuke Superman could have just flown him to the moon or something, or flung him outwards into space and everything would have been fine.
>>
>>83639571
All the RETURNS movies are underrated
>>
File: Commence the Jiggling.gif (252 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Commence the Jiggling.gif
252 KB, 320x240
/co/ really is the easiest board to bait.
>>
>>83639742
Could probably throw him into Jupiter, mostly gas so he'd vanish under it all depriving him of sunlight, gravity would hold him there until he just decays I would think, or can ZodDay fly?
>>
>>83639822
>everything is bait
neck yourself
>>
>>83639893
You need a bigger brain to contain all that anger that 3 years of constant damage control generate.
>>
>>83639944
t. Critics tell me what to think
>>
>>83639969
t. I spent 3 years mad because the critics didn't tell me what I wanted to listen
>>
File: BzS.jpg (1 MB, 1400x1338) Image search: [Google]
BzS.jpg
1 MB, 1400x1338
So why did "Lex" want to murder both SUpes and Bats, and I suppose everyone else on the planet with that cave troll/balrog.
>>
>>83638942
>inexhaustible wealth, advanced technology
>abilities
>>
>>83636482
It is bad, because Snyder is a hack and WB is holding DC properties back with shitty decisions.

Aside from Batfleck, the one thing I liked about the movie was the PROMISE of New Gods. The movie actually failed to really deliver on it, but that promise was something beautiful that Marvel Studios wouldn't match.
>>
>>83640024
>he did
You poor thing.
Must be so hard enduring so many years of pure anger.
>>
>>83640047
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>83636482

it's great in parts but pretty shit in others

CUHRAAAZEEY Lex was a huge misstep and more or less sunk the whole film, the could have at least dropped one single reference to Darkseid/Apokolips to explain it

>b-but its in the cut scenes s-shut up

fuck off with this shit, it's literally a plot point to explain his behavior and they CUT it? so to everyone who saw the theatrical release Lex Luthor is some twitchy insane freak who's an edgelord maniac trying to destroy the world for no reason.

It tried far too hard to be dark and gritty, and went too far with Batman, he kills people wholesale and burns petty criminals with hot irons to ensure... they get killed in prison?
>>
>>83636614
1.jpg has moved on. now hes image.jpg
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.