[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bobby shows interest in a lucrative business that will make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: buisiness_is_picking_up.png (869 KB, 734x1026) Image search: [Google]
buisiness_is_picking_up.png
869 KB, 734x1026
>Bobby shows interest in a lucrative business that will make him a lot of money
>Hank tries anything to get him out of it because "ew poop lol"
>In the end, Hank ends up having to trick Bobby into thinking his life will be in danger in order to make him quit
>the show presents this as reasonable

The later seasons really sucked
>>
Least they bonded over grilling, rite?
>>
Bobby was in it for the money, if he continued down that path he would live a hollow, joyless life.
>>
>>83632453

>Aspiring to become a glorified shit-picker
>>
the point was that bobby just doesn't have the charm to pull off doing an ayy lmao quirky job like that because he didn't look like his mentor

hank foresaw that he didn't want future danny devito as a son, so he nipped it in the bud

but i agree, it's a bit of a stretch
>>
>>83632816
Except he wasn't going to be since both him and his mentor loved it.
>>
I really wish they'd done the aging by season thing Judge wanted to do.

The only thing that's really tried it is Venture Bros
>>
>>83632875
No, they loved getting paid
>>
>>83633085
he didn't ever say he didn't like the job
>>
>>83632453
>Hank
>Alloying his son, Bobby, to spend his days around Methane or any of the lesser hydrocarbons

That is no life for a boy, I tell you hwat.
>>
>>83633085
And by getting paid he was able to live better than most people. By doing a job no one else wanted, he was able to charge what he wanted.

However Hank didn't see it Bobby as doing the wrong thing because 'ew poop lol'. He didn't approve because it was Bobby. As he said, his mentor had everything going right. Bobby didn't. He realized that if Bobby ever wanted to do anything else with his life(which was clear he would) he was more or less trapping himself in a job as 'the poop guy', something that would have taken any joy he made of had in his career and destroy it. Bobby is quick to rollover and change if things go bad. But a job is a bit more permanent, he can't just up and stop without dealing with some more serious consequences.

Hank loves his job, he wants whatever job Bobby gets into be the one he'll enjoy no matter what. Though again, because Hank is so awkward with feelings, it comes off as him being a hardass.
>>
>>83633308
They were getting paid peanuts for doing a shit job, it was a trickling amount of easy money.
>>
>>83633308
>But a job is a bit more permanent
>he can't just up and stop without dealing with some more serious consequences

How old are you? Have you ever had a job?

Also, if this were true they would have given some indication of it. The entire episode is just Hank grimacing while Bobby vaccuums up poop offscreen
>>
File: mfw.png (106 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
106 KB, 512x384
>>83633347
Well propane doesn't pay too good either, but Hank still does it because it's his passion.

That was the main point, not the money but having something you could still see yourself doing decades later because you enjoy it. Hank could tell this was just another spur of the moment thing, like so many others. The only thing Bobby has shown consistent interest in has been comedy stand up. Letting him sink into a permanent state of shit-jockey could have screwed him up and Hank didn't want that happening.
>>
Apparently Arlen is so full of jobs you can be picky.
>>
>>83633484
>having something you could still see yourself doing decades later
>implying the first job you take is the only job you'll ever have
>implying making money as a kid isn't the best way to secure a better future
>implying having something, really anything, on his resume isn't a great way to start
>implying that it wouldn't have been a good way to teach Bobby responsibility and good work ethic
>>
>>83633439
Have you ever tried to run your own business?

> The entire episode is just Hank grimacing while Bobby vaccuums up poop offscreen

And that entire line with Hank arguing with Bobby's teacher you just skimmed over?
>>
From what I've heard and seen, there's a ton of episodes that go like this.

>Bobby finds a new passion
>Hank doesn't approve of it
>Hank does something to get him out of it whether he likes it or not
>The show treats him in the right

Because that sounds like it would get old fast
>>
>>83632853
>implying a shit-picker can't make more than all the student debt riddled college cucks
>>
File: ugh.png (30 KB, 95x201) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
30 KB, 95x201
>>83633530
>implying the first job you take is the only job you'll ever have
No but in a small place like Arlen, that's all anyone will know you as.

>implying making money as a kid isn't the best way to secure a better future
Because Bobby has shown without guidance, he'll squander it on frivolous things.

>implying having something, really anything, on his resume isn't a great way to start
You tell me where 'cleaning feces' will get you any job besides janitor.

>teach Bobby responsibility and good work ethic
So what seems more appropriate? Let a kid create a startup, have it fail, and then him running to you to fix the mess?

Because you know that's what Bobby would do. Hank let him in gently to learn what a job would deal with when he had Bobby come with him to work at Strickland for a day. You'll deal with unruly customers, angry clients that aren't satisfied with what you deliver and Bobby buckled almost instantly.
>>
>>83633668
I honestly don't know why so many people like this show
I am consistently bored by this show, no matter which episodes they shill
Check it out if you want, but I think the show is only mediocre, like 6/10
>>
>>83633530
this
>>
>>83633690
this
>>
>>83633711
Because it was supposed to be a down to earth kind of show. Or at least it was supposed to until the later seasons.

That and watching Dale do his usual shtick.
>>
>>83633690
>that's all anyone will know you as
Why would you assume that Bobby has to live in Arlen his whole life
Why would Hank assume?
This is all under the assumption that Bobby isn't just as capable of picking up something else and being just as into it

>Because Bobby has shown without guidance, he'll squander it on frivolous things.
So hank teaches him how to save his money

>You tell me where 'cleaning feces' will get you any job besides janitor.
You're an idiot if you think that
I know you're pretending to be stupid because it's the only way your argument makes sense, but nobody would put down "cleaning feces" down on a resume
Why not put down Assistant to the CEO of Earth Cleaners
Why not put down job duties included vital and necessary roles to the function of the entire workforce
There is more than one way to write a resume
Also, it's moot because the guy cleaning poop was beyond rich and definitely has connections to other businesses, because all rich people do

>So what seems more appropriate? Let a kid create a startup, have it fail, and then him running to you to fix the mess?
That seems more appropriate than hiring someone to beat up your kid so that they learn only some people are able to be successful and you'll get beat up if you try to do anything new

You do realize that this isn't Bobby's first job. He had one serving concessions and when he wanted to quit that job Hank just told him to work harder and he did.
The reason he Buckled at Strickland was because he was being forced to do a job he didn't want to do.
>>
>>83633690
>>83633975
"cleaning feces" would be a better point on a resume for a 13-year-old as opposed to "frycook' or cashier"
All of the things involved in running your own business are vital skills that set you apart, especially if you're young. If anything a specialized poop cleaning service as a teenager would set you years ahead of other people your age
>>
>>83633668
There are just as many episodes where Hank has to learn that kids have weird passions that he doesn't understand. He only pulls him out of a couple passions that would have extremely bad consequences for Bobby down the road.
>>
>>83633975
>That seems more appropriate than hiring someone to beat up your kid
Were you hit on the head immediately after watching this episode? Did you get checked out at the hospital for it? Because your memories seem to be scrambled.
>>
>>83633711
>shill
Fuck off to /v/ you fucking mouth-breather
>>
>>83634268
Peter hired those kids to beat him up and the reason he came to that conclusion was because hank said "you're super neato, Bobby is a dumpy kid, he'll get beat up"
The point still stands, even if you just happened to ignore everything else that I posted
>>
>>83634297
yes, because this board filled with adults complaining about cartoons and comic books is so much better than that board filled with adults complaining about video games
you got me
>>
>>83633907
I really want to buy this
>>
>>83634334
That'd be true if there were any adults on /v/.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.