[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The most controversial part of this show is that Hank decides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hill.gif (306 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
hill.gif
306 KB, 500x384
The most controversial part of this show is that Hank decides Bobby's future. Not just on one occasion, but on almost every episode, and even in the ending it is implied that Bobby is to become a Meat inspector or some shit instead of the stand-up comic that he wanted to become.
>>
My mom did similar stuff when I was a kid too - It wasn't uncommon for her to intervene in anything she saw as a "social suicide" (through hiding clothes, suggesting I find new friends to sit with at lunch, etc) but it wasn't too effective because weird kids are gonna be weird, even if their socially adept parents try to save them from it. I was a theater/band kid, my mom was a cheerleader... we used to not relate much, but over time found things we genuinely had in common much like Bobby and Hank did with the meat inspecting thing. I think it was a good, realistic ending.
>>
No, the ending showed that Hank finally found something he could bond with Bobby over
>>
>>83630468
So wat u do now?
>>
>>83630542
Well not finally. Bobby and Hank found a common interest in BBQ back when Bobby inherited Bill's family recipe
>>
>>83630304
>What is parenting

I bet every class clown growing up thought he could be a comedian growing up. If Bobby ends up being a meat inspector then what's wrong with that, if he enjoys it and had something him and Hank to bond over?
>>
>>83630304
Bobby wasn't fucking funny and Hank knew it. His best bit was hiking up his shorts and acting like an old jewish man and he idolized Yakov Smirnoff around 20 years after his peak. If Hank had really wanted to completely control him, he would have pointed him toward his own passions, like propane and woodworking, but would not have given him any other choice. Instead, he went out of his own comfort zone several times to show Bobby that he should pursue his own interests for the sake of self-validation, like when they grew Roses for a contest and took 2nd in the Father-Son shooting competition. Of course Hank hoped that something that he enjoyed himself would catch his interest, but when something didn't take he never pushed hard enough to hurt the kid.

That's why Hank is a god-tier parent. He never stops looking out for the interest of his kid, even if he has to protect him from his own retardation and/or his mother's retardation enabling
>>
>>83631539
Bobby had plenty of time to grow and perfect his comedy.

Do you think Hank would understand shows like Tim and Eric Awesome Show, The Venture Bros, or Superjail? Do you think he would understand why people thought it was funny or simply dismiss it as something for idiots? There's lots of comedy out there from pitch black to extremely dry. If Guy Flavor Town Fieri, Larry the Cable Guy, and Steven Universe can find audiences, why not Bobby Hill?
>>
>>83631539
What? Would you say a modern band is shitty if they took inspiration from Queen or the Beatles? Hank is a failure that has worked in a dead end job since high school, and he wants the same things for Bobby. Hank has a lot of great qualities, but vision isn't one of them.
>>
>>83630304
Hank didn't try and decide Bobby's future outside of a couple episodes where he stopped Bobby from making choices that would really hurt him. There's way more episodes where Hank has to learn how to deal with Bobby's weird interests and either gets into it himself or learns that he doesn't have to get it as long as he supports his son. The only episodes I can think of where he stops Bobby is in the episode with the teenage cult, the episode where he becomes a fat male model, and the poop-vacuum company.
>>
>>83634159

What the fuck are you smoking? Hank Hill isn't a failure, he owns a house, has a family, loves his dead-end job, is next door neighbors with all of his friends and is able to see them every day.

Yea, he's not fucking Buck Strickland with his fuck you, party every day, scam the government attitude. But Hank does pretty well for himself.
>>
>>83630960
There was also the shooting range competition episode
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.