[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: turtles 87.jpg (33 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
turtles 87.jpg
33 KB, 300x279
So the newest movie tried to be as close to the old cartoon as possible... and it failed at the box office.

There was a hyped up crossover episode of the Nickelodeon cartoon where the 80's popped up... and it didn't boost the already low ratings one bit.

... Is the 80's TMNT cartoon not nearly as remembered or loved as we thought?
>>
>>83628301

Here's a better question, how would your favorite comic, cartoon or film have turned out if it was produced by Micheal Bay?
>>
File: B&R-amirite-youguys.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
B&R-amirite-youguys.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>83628301
Unless you're a producer going through an increasingly desperate finger-pointing post-flop campaign, I don't think anybody thinks there's a direct relationship between the original cartoon material and references and the lackluster reception.

> remembered or loved
Also, we all know it *is* well remembered; the "loved" part is trickier. It's more of a blob of fixation and shifting standards.
>>
>>83628301
>There was a hyped up crossover episode of the Nickelodeon cartoon where the 80's popped up... and it didn't boost the already low ratings one bit.

season/episode please? I'd watch it
>>
>>83628301
The 80s turtles are popular not loved
>>
>>83628942
Trans-dimensional turtles. It's in 4th season. 10th episode.
>>
>>83628301
people still care about the new show?
>>
>>83629124
thank you kind anon!
>>
>>83628301
The movie was great. Loved it, the final fight was shit, but the river escene and the plane one were great.
>>
>>83629487
I check it every now and then, but with the random-ass hiatuses, it's difficult to stay involved.
>>
I did think it was strange that the 80s-90s cartoon was referenced so heavily in the new movie, when the first one was leaning more toward the style of the classic film versions.

Maybe they're trying to hit each version's style for fan-service? I bet the third one references that 00s cartoon heavily. Or maybe the old comics?
>>
>>83628301

The episode popped up after a hiatus and the ratings for the show are higher than 2003 ratings ever were.

You realize the next TMNT series will be like Teen Titans Go!. Right? They're never do anything like the sad sack comics again.
>>
>>83628301
It's funny how sad and autistic you are. 80s cartoon that you hate will always be more popular and remembers than the 03 or original comic.
>>
>>83628301
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTiAM_Xnq3A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCaPUh3yPQY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Zlgp7L8Fo
>>
>>83632190
>It's funny how sad and autistic you are. 80s cartoon that you hate will always be more popular and remembers than the 03 or original comic.

Maybe you should learn how to write properly before you accuse someone of being autistic?
>>
>>83632377
He made perfect sense to me. Maybe you just don't want to acknowledge what he said.
>>
File: 2904454-TMNT-2003-TQ.jpg (37 KB, 554x312) Image search: [Google]
2904454-TMNT-2003-TQ.jpg
37 KB, 554x312
>Despite being the best TMNT animated version, 2K3 will always be treated like shit except for tiny references due to 80sfags controlling everything.
>>
>>83631316
>sad sack comics

OK, you do realise most of the people involved with making new TMNT material are more drawn to those "sad sack comics" and that most of the stuff from the 80's cartoon is there because Viacom insists on it?
>>
>>83629487
>people still care about the new show?

That thing takes so long between episodes, I'm never sure if there even IS a new show anymore.
>>
File: canopener.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
canopener.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>83632425
>mfw 2k3 babbies are still butthurt nearly 15 years later
>>
File: ninja turtle otp.jpg (173 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
ninja turtle otp.jpg
173 KB, 1280x960
>>83632978
>That thing takes so long between episodes, I'm never sure if there even IS a new show anymore.

Well good news kiddo! New episodes will come out when it's almost october! Only seven months after the last batch finished, they're really speeding up the time table here.

All the sarcasm aside, the sad thing is that it's not even a new season that's coming, it's just the second half of season 4.
>>
File: Shell Shocked.jpg (23 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
Shell Shocked.jpg
23 KB, 500x367
>>
>>83632425
Isn't that the one where they made shredder a fucking alien.
>>
>>83632425
Sorry bro, you and I will be the only people who like 2k3.
>>
>>83633278

Yeah, and unlike the whiny retard from 1987 or the pushover from 2012, was genuinely terrifying.
>>
>>83634039
>genuinely terrifying.

I know you were in diapers when the show was airing but please grow up a bit
>>
>>83628301
Most of TMNT's audience for the new movie and cartoon is kids who wouldn't remember the old show or the old comics. Referencing either is an exercise in futility.
>>
>>83633337
I liked it too, although it might only be because I remember it better than the 87 version.
>>
>>83633337
I liked it as a kid for having a lot of horror in it
>Baxter stockman's body starts decomposing and he goes insane
>Those nano-machines convinced they were a child that desperately wanted a family
>>
>>83632425
I want to fuck these turtles.
Also, I liked this cast best for them.
>>
>>83636654
>The nano-machines robot screaming in pain, the guy was a douche, but he still cries at the end and call the robot his son.

It hit hard as a kid i don't know why
>>
I'just want to know something did Stephen Amell scream OONGALA at least once in the movie?
>>
>>83637058

No. His character wasn't even really Casey Jones.

He was like a renegade cop who happened to enjoy hockey. He only wore the mask during one scene and then in his only other fight scene he doesn't wear it at all, just has roller skates and a hockey stick.
>>
>>83637095
Where the mullet? even the 2004 TMNT Casey was decent and scream OONGALA at least once
>>
>>83637185

Like I said, totally different dude. It made no sense. He was just a cop who wanted to become a detective and decided to go on his own when the investigation got taken over.

No long hair, no goongala, no friendship with Raphael.

I'd be okay without the mullet, really, as long as he still looked kinda scummy. He'd look good with a short mohawk or something.
>>
Quick! How do we make April O'Neil interesting?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.