[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were the 90s so fucking great for DC, and so fucking bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: JLA.jpg (702 KB, 602x801) Image search: [Google]
JLA.jpg
702 KB, 602x801
Why were the 90s so fucking great for DC, and so fucking bad for Marvel?
>>
>>83622233

> Wonder Asian

Oh, come on! Why can't we get this Wonder Woman now?
>>
>>83623602
New Super-Man has Literally Chinese Wonder Woman, Green Flavor. Maybe you should get on that.
>>
Ya know I had this same thought yesterday when I was looking through am old issue of Marvel vs DC. The ads for DC were for Starman and Kingdom Come and Marvel's were of Electra and a generic Xmen spot. Now obviously that's cherry picking but .. damn
>>
>>83622233
Karen Berger and Archie Goodwin.
>>
>>83624443
This, the berger train was still on a roll and they focused on good writing rather than having superstar artists such as liefeld
>>
File: 1464349220579.jpg (41 KB, 503x295) Image search: [Google]
1464349220579.jpg
41 KB, 503x295
Bring this Aquaman style back, seriously no one fucking like Orange and Green Aquaman. The colors don't go well together and the costume itself is boring.
If you want the character to be taken more seriously by people make him look cool.
>>
I feel like at least part of it was that DC was actively looking for writers and artists that were doing unique creative things with Vertigo. While Marvel was snatching up the huge superstar names in American comics, people were already growing tired of that and it was all starting to become samey trash, and instead wanted people like Grant Morrison and that whole group of writers and artists, and DC had actively found some of those people and were able to move them from Veritgo onto main line superhero comics.
>>
>>83626597
N52 aquaman is my favourite design but aquabeard is badass, would love a return, the rebirth costume sucks dildos
>>
>>83627057
N52 Aquaman and Rebirth are almost the same.
>>
>>83627106
Except rebirth is covered in rocks and has stupid fins in his legs
>>
>>83622233
Why can the same be said for ALL eras?
>>
Marvel were obsessed with milking dry anything even remotely successful.

So exactly like always.
>>
>>83622233
It has never been great for marvel
>>
>>83627254
This, but Marvel Knights saved the day by the end of the 90's
>>
>>83626597
>no one fucking like Orange and Green Aquaman

Wrong.
>>
>>83627157
The leg fins have been around for a loooong time.
>>
>>83622233

The 90s were bad for everyone, Anon, especially the fans.
>>
Bob Harras
>>
Despite primary being a marvelfag, I've only read DC 90s stuff.
Primarily because I've heard it's either bad or heavily rooted in nostalgia
Plan on checking out marvel rebirth in a few months though, Dan Jurgans/JRJR Thor sounds right up my alley
>>
>>83627157
fins were there for the n52 suit too
>>
Death of Superman and Knightfall desu
>>
>>83627106
It's the coloring.
They went back to orange instead of reflective bronze-ish gold.
And they gave him this faggy exposed neck/shoulder.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.