[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Omnibus Continuity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: NOV082434_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (26 KB, 360x556) Image search: [Google]
NOV082434_1._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
26 KB, 360x556
I'm planning to read all of Amazing Spider-Man, but I'm not sure how to do it. Does the Masterworks Omnibus series also collect the crossover books?

For example, the Hobgoblin Saga took place in Amazing issues 238-239, 244-245, and 249-251. But a lot of the story happened in Spectacular 85. Will the Amazing Spider-Man omnibus have Spectacular 85?
>>
>>83619728
Doesn't seem like it, as all the previous Amazing Spider-Man masterworks volumes only collect Amazing Spider-Man issues.

Your best bet is to get the Spider-Man: Origin of the Hobgoblin TPB:

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=251218
>>
>>83620618
I appreciate the help. It's a bummer that certain parts of events will be missing. Do you know if arcs will be outright ruined if I miss out on the crossover books?
>>
>>83620756
Depends on your tolerance for gaps in the story, I guess. I used to skip issues all the time when I was a kid back in the day (I'm way way older than your typical /co/ anon, I imagine) and I had no trouble following along. I imagine it would bug the hell out of a completist, though.
>>
>>83621732
Ah, I see. I'm anal about completing runs, so I'd imagine that jumping into an issue and feeling lost would kill me. I guess I'll read as much as I can and look for the supplements if I feel lost.

Thanks again, it's way more difficult to go back and read old comics than it should be.
>>
I read ASM from 1 to 300, a little after Michelinie takes over. The only arcs I really missed out on were Kraven's Last Hunt and the Hobgoblin thing, but the latter I wasn't even aware of: Shooter mandate was that every issue should work as a self-contained unit, meaning you could start reading anywhere and get the gist of the goings-on.

The only thing I really noticed with ASM is that the Black Cat relationship seemed to be almost entirely contained in Spectacular, with frequent references being made to shit they'd done in that title.

After 300 the 90s era really goes into full seing and you get all manner of batshit cross-title event, none of which are really worth the read in my opinion. Really, once Michelinie takes over you should just skip to JMS' run.
>>
>>83622217
I see. That doesn't sound too bad really. The Black Cat thing sounds fairly standard for shared universe books, so I'll live. Thank you for the input.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.