[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had a guy the other day trying to tell me Dreamworks is a better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1465375338309.jpg (74 KB, 498x441) Image search: [Google]
1465375338309.jpg
74 KB, 498x441
I had a guy the other day trying to tell me Dreamworks is a better studio than Pixar, I was completely baffled as to how anybody could actually think this.

What do you guys think? Dreamworks or Pixar? and let's not make it a "HURR $$$$" kinda arguement

Also say why you think what you think for a more civil discussion
>>
>>83616415
You have to admit though, Dreamworks have been stepping up their game these last 10 years.
>>
>>83616415
was he making the DreamWorks face as he said it?
>>
>>83616415
Dreamworks works more with fun
Pixar more with a nice passing and a message
>>
Pixar has been losing its consistent quality in the past few years while Dreamworks has been getting better, but Pixar's good movies are still way better than Dreamworks's good movies.
>>
>>83617050
>>83617266
This, but honestly anything since Prince of Egypt seems like a step down.
>>
>>83617050
>Bee Movie
>Home
>Turbo
>Massive numbers of sequels

They kind of peaked after HTTYD, the Croods had some of that Sanders charm bit post 2011 I wouldn't call the game "Stepped up"
>>
>>83617436
>This, but honestly anything since Prince of Egypt seems like a step down.

That movie gets mentioned every so often. It's the retelling of a biblical story. What makes it THAT good?
>>
>>83617602
The songs are pretty good. The tone is pretty consistent throughout, the most serious they've ever gone. Some of the set pieces like the chariot chase and the basket on the Nile and the Ten Plagues and the parting of the Red Sea are spellbinding; you think that ten years later this same company was cranking out Jerry Seinfeld vehicles and Shrek sequels and you just have to marvel at how something like that happens. What makes it for me is the relationship between the two brothers, how they're torn apart by pride and duty, and the price they pay for it, that's the central crux of the whole film. Like the part where Moses gives Ramses his ring back and Ramses gets this look on his face like "So my brother really did die that day... I don't even know who this man before me is."
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.