[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else think this is a good PREMISE for an event? Obviously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
Does anyone else think this is a good PREMISE for an event? Obviously the execution thus far (and for the foreseeable future, HA! get it) is shit.

But the PREMISE of the event is kind of solid.
>Should we change reality by seeing the future?
>It can save lives, but it can also give us major prejudice, or we could actually make the foreseen future come true ala Thats So Raven

I wish we had competent writers working on this. I have high hopes for the tie-ins.
>>
>>83615087
>But the PREMISE of the event is kind of solid.
It really isn't though.
>>
>>83615087
Minority Report is fine yet this is not
>>
>>83615087
>Does anyone else think this is a good PREMISE for an event?
not really
>>
>>83615087
Bendis didn't sell me on both Stak's reasons so no, it wasn't a good premise.
>>
>>83615087
Sorry I have no idea what's going on in this other than she-hulk down. But what the fuck is Star Lord there?
>>
>>83615366
He was in a movie so he has to be in events now
>>
>>83615087
Not really. The registration act forced every superperson to enforce or fight the law. So far this looks like a Tony vs Carol fight over the death of background characters that no one wanted to use.
>>
>>83615314

There's no reason Tony shouldn't be all for this. You can evaluate a bit by case but when you get a three hour window to prepare for Thanos you fucking take it.

The only thing Carol did wrong was not call everyone in to fight Thanos. She had three hours and she only called a handful of capes? They almost all live in one fucking city.
>>
>>83615087
funny thing about prejudice i'm surprised you haven't figured out already: it's only wrong when it's inaccurate
>>
>>83616040
are you telling me that actually passed in universe? civil war didnt end with it being rescinded?
>>
On what level? I mean in the context of the Marvel Universe, no. I did like Minority Report, (though I'm also a big PKD fan) so I don't think the concept is entirely dumb, just dumb to apply here.
>>
>>83615087

The whole precrime thing is fine. It's a good debate. but that's not how the comic played out.

Carol gets forewarning that Thanos is going to arrive on earth, two people "die" and this some how proves Tony's point about prosecuting people before they've committed a crime.

The real premise is "you hurt my friend, now me angry" which would be great if one of the parties was the Hulk and not two grown ass adults.

Anytime comic book characters have a big crossover fight, both sides end up looking like a bunch of asshats. Which is fine when Spider-man and Wolverine get in a snit for 5 pages and then team up to stop the bad guy, and not so much when you have to read 6 issues and a hundred tie-ins about supposedly reasonable characters be asshats to other asshats because two asshats died and totally aren't ever going to just show up again like nothing happened.
>>
>>83615087
>>
I don't think it's a good premise. It doesn't force people to take sides like the registration act did. Maybe they'll find a way to do that later on but so far the conflict seems entirely personal, between Tony & Carol.

As for the rest of the comic, it's just all hamfisted. The entire thing comes off as a cashgrab to coincide with the MCU movie. The name alone is a giant red flag, at least to me: Civil War II. Not even the name is unique, it's just piggybacking off the original comic and the new movie.
There have been multiple people in the Marvel universe who have been able to see into the future, but the only reason that this is suddenly a big issue is because the character is an Inhuman™. Did you hear me? Inhumans™! The Inhumans™ are so cool! Make sure you buy their books!
As soon as it's revealed that Ulysses(?) could see into the future Tony and Carol immediately go for each others throats, WM dies and Tony immediately claims she killed him. Tony has no legs to stand on, the guy predicted both the celestial and thanos correctly and there's no proof that they inadvertently caused either of them. So far Tony has been, predictably, acting incredibly stupid and out of character just so the conflict could exist. He's angry because, what, they made the decision to prepare for the arrival of Thanos and there was a fatality?

I'm glad that people aren't exactly excited for CWII and I'm glad that the sales seem to be reflecting that.
>>
The premise "Carol tries to kill Tony because he's being a faggot again" is good. The precog stuff is shit.
>>
A conflict about a kid that can predict the future?
Sure, a good idea. But it's shit as fuck how they are making this a personal conflict. I think that they should have worked more on the idea, let it maturate.

Also, the conflict between the Xmen and the Inhumans that already occurred off panel looks much more interesting.
>>
>>83616102
She called in a bunch of C-Listers.

Basically, Carol is as good at leading superteams as Hillary Clinton would be as President.
>>
>>83618261
It passed for a while, only for it to be completely ignored and erased after Norman Osborn became president.
>>
>>83618379
>Carol gets forewarning that Thanos is going to arrive on earth, two people "die" and this some how proves Tony's point about prosecuting people before they've committed a crime.
That wasn't really Tony's point. Not really at all. He just didn't trust the inhuman, and he feels justified now that his powers (indirectly) got Rhodey killed.
>>
>>83620201
It was still around until Siege. Avengers: The Initiative was still going on then. It was a good book, one of the better things to come out of Civil War.
>>
>>83620201
First off, Osborn never became president. Earth-X isn't canon.

Second off, it stuck around until Obama repealed it after Siege ended.
>>
>>83620826
>Obama repealing something that limits freedom
There goes my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>83618523
Saved

>>83620171
>>83621250
I'm sure at least one of you gets pissy at lefty politics being crammed into comics, could you at least be consistent and not cram your views into the comics board?

>>83619484
They need to make some kind of downside to this. Have Ulysses start using his visions for his own benefit or something.

I hope he dies or gets depowered at the end of this arc. I have a slight dread Marvel's gonna go "he's trained himself so he can see what you'll do next and the Avengers taught him kung-fu and he has a costume and he'll be in every mainline comic somewhere boring the hell out of you so get used to it" for a year or so.
>>
>>83615087

It's dumb because there's no consequences for an opposing side. Who's gonna get punished for using the inhuman kid to try and stop shit before it happens?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.