[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Comics Already Reprints Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5
Another week, another chance for DC Comics to reprint their Rebirth line. They only came out today…

Action Comics #957, Aquaman Rebirth #1, Flash Rebirth #1, Wonder Woman Rebirth #1 and Detective Comics #934.

Look for them all on the 6th July. They will all feature the original cover but with a recoloured Rebirth banner. Maybe something like this…

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/08/dc-comics-already-reprints-aquaman-flash-wonder-woman-action-and-detective/
>>
>>83614812
Wonder if there will be any surprise sellers like green arrow last week, detective maybe? I've been seeing a lot of praise for it on twitter
>>
Is this another reboot?
>>
>>83615050
No, this is Patrick.
>>
>>83614890
Tec is a Batfam book, that shit should be selling decently

I'm guessing WW will sell surprisingly high, because the last run got shit reviews and sold poorly and there's a lot of hype for this one
>>
>>83615050
It's a 'de-boot' if anything...New 52 was the Post-Crisis universe all along, with some added time fuckery courtesy of Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen.
>>
>>83614812
Good for DC
>>
>>83615110
You mean the last reboot was retconned?
>>
>>83614890
>having a twitter
>admitting to having a twitter

This place is seriously overran. Id like to see a percentage of the people that were here before 2011.
>>
>>83615563
Why would you not have twitter? It's better than RSS feeds to find out company news and such especially for sports. Just don't follow stupid people just posting their opinions.
>>
>>83615637
All of twitter is just that. It ruined any kind of sense that you need a source. All social media with autonomy is bad.
>>
>>83615662
Without* its just ppl fishing for recognition
>>
This won't last of course. At least this is a better spot to be in than DCYou, and Rebirth is making interesting things happen in the Superbooks and Flash right now.
>>
>>83615662
I literally never see any of that kind of stuff.
>>
>>83615563
are you stupid?
>>
>>83615716
Yes you do. Every news article posted is just rumor. Only gossip tabloids used to do that. You are just too young, you can't even recognize it cause you grew up with it.
>>
>>83615773
>PR releases directly from companies are rumors now

well if you say so
>>
>>83615758
Why would not having social media make me stupid? I can spend my time doing better things. Before you say I'm on 4chan, 4chan is basically a debate club for your interest and much more constructive than learning some shitty feeling someone is having or who had a baby. Your whole generation is gimped in face to face social interactions and what should matter.
>>
>>83615050
Rebirth is to New 52 as Zero Hour was to Crisis on Infinite Earths?

please read comics
>>
>>83614812
I fly to the U.S. tomorrow, going to LCS today to pick up WW, Aquaman, Flash and Action Comic rebirths. I also have Watchmen to read.

I have Aquaman and the Others Vol 1/2 (brought them accidentally last month). Worth bringing with me to read anons?
>>
>>83615222
Yeah. New 52 was no longer a fresh start, rather Dr Manhattan used Flashpoint as a way to steal things from the Universe. Those are now being folded back in.
>>
>>83615818
>I don't browse social media
>I only partake in debate club
>>
>>83615929
To gain knowledge on any subject is more beneficial than stalking groups of people and giving validation to every thought they have. I look at women your age and they are broken, superficial and attention craving. Your males are beta cucks cause all a woman has to do is log onto her profile and she can find 30 guys that want to be with her. I feel sorry for you growing up in this day and age.
>>
>>83615882
Aquaman was great.

the Others were kinda meh. you are talking about the brief ongoing they had and not the arc in Aquaman that introduced them right?
>>
>>83615909
How is that gonna work out with how some characters that got deaged, like Bruce?

Well I hope that means Constantine will stay though. I actually like him in the DC verse.
>>
>DCuks being excited for this
>Thinking that DC has a chance
Reminder that Captain America #2 has the MOST REORDERS out of any books. Get fucked you cuks.
>>
>>83616027
Yeah, brief ongoing. I loved New 52 Aquaman so went and brought all available trades. I mistakenly brought the "Aquaman and the others" trade rather than "Aquaman: The others". Confusing.

>>83616054
>How is that gonna work out with how some characters that got deaged, like Bruce?
The handwave is that Manhattan "stole 10 years". So a lot of characters were de-aged and anything missing from New 52 must have been developed in the lost 10 years.

It doesn't actually make sense, for example how did everyone forget about Wally West when he existed for more than 10 years? Just accept it as a retcon to ideally get us in a better state and move on.
>>
>>83616124
This does not mean as much as you think it means. In the unlikely case that you're serious.
>>
>>83616124
You know those are store owners, and not sales right?
>>
>>83616124
Hi reddi/tv/irgin
>>
>>83616162
Don't feed the troll.
>>
>>83616171
Not that Anon, but Marvel doesn't allow returns.
Once you get them to the store, the store owner bought them.
>>
>>83615563
Stop posting retard
>>
As someone who is usually a marvel fan, what are some good DC vigilante-esque (non super-duper heroe) people to read to get into some DC?

I already read Batman sometimes but he's basically the god of vigilantes
>>
>>83616247
Not what I normally read so hopefully another anon can come with some recs.

Does sound like you are describing Green Arrow.
>>
>>83616159
>The handwave is that Manhattan "stole 10 years". So a lot of characters were de-aged and anything missing from New 52 must have been developed in the lost 10 years.
>It doesn't actually make sense, for example how did everyone forget about Wally West when he existed for more than 10 years? Just accept it as a retcon to ideally get us in a better state and move on.
Now the question is: will they just regain their memories of those ten years, or will they actually be added back and thus be aged up?
Not that it matters much, really. Comic time and all.
>>
>>83616247
Green Arrow is a good one. You could also try the new Nightwing, which comes out next week! He's got a pretty dope writer, could be good.
>>
>>83616291
well then I will give green arrow a shot my man
>>
>>83616362
>Nightwing,
Part of the rebirth? I don't follow DC at all so I have no idea what's going on
>>
>>83616314
Memory regain. Barry has already started remembering a bunch of his pre-Flashpoint stuff. The Titans also worked out that their memories have been played with. Expect this stuff to be developed further in Flash and Titans.

You should read DC Universe Rebirth #1. It's cheap and explains things quite well. It also has an absolutely beautiful moment in it that is worth the price on the cover.
>>
>>83616314
I should note that the memory regain requires a trigger. The key trigger thus far is Wally, hence why Flash/Titans will progress this the most. Other key characters actually have interesting story elements that don't relate to memory loss.

>Batman
Investigate three jokers, investigate watchmen pin
>Superman
Lot's going on here. Death of New-52 superman, Dr Oz saying that he wasn't who they thought he was, return of post-crisis supes, Lex taking over Superman role etc etc.
>Wonder Woman
Reveal that she has a brother
>>
>>83616402
Yeah, Nightwing is getting his own Rebirth title next week. He's Dick Grayson, the first Robin. He's spent some time as an undercover spy in his former series, Grayson, which was also pretty good, but is back as a vigilante in Rebirth. It'll be written by Tim Seeley.
>>
>>83616247
Green Arrow
Detective Comics
Nightwing

And I would say read Batman too, he struggles a lot in his own comics
>>
>>83616538
>investigate watchmen pin
So it's true that the watchmen are coming to the DC mainstream universe?
>>
>>83616593
Oh nice, I don't read DC but even I know who Tim Seeley is. I'll check that and Green arrow out when I get the chance then.

Thx bby

>>83616603
I have been reading some Batman, I really liked court of the owls (or whatever it was called)
>>
File: Not the poopy ones.png (77 KB, 534x572) Image search: [Google]
Not the poopy ones.png
77 KB, 534x572
>>83616538
>investigate watchmen pin
Why tho?
>>
>>83616606
Yeah. But not a lot is really known.
>>
>>83616654
Awesome, not to spoil too much, but the Court of Owls will play a role in Nightwing, since Dick is associated with them. Have fun!
>>
>>83616655
because it came in with the speed force and that's weird
>>
>>83616655
Because batman is a detective and a random object embedded in the wall of his secret hide out isn't something he will let fly.
>>
>>83616821
I'm not wondering why Batman is investigating the button, I'm just wondering what events have brought DC to this point.
>>
>>83616816
Oh well now color me intrigued, gotta get me volume two

>>83616808
Still cool, I really enjoy their characters
>>
File: 1461879381918.jpg (125 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [Google]
1461879381918.jpg
125 KB, 1224x1445
>>83615818
>>
>>83616845
>Because batman is a detective
God I wish people remembered this more, he's "The World's Greatest Detective"
>>
>>83616864
It seems Flashpoint provided an access point for someone to alter the universe. They used this access to "take 10 years" out of the universe, in order to weaken the heroes.

Wally West exists in the speed force but is unable to get back to reality. Looking for an anchor, he appears to Bruce Wayne and when he does the speed force lashes out and strikes a wall, leaving a watchmen pin embedded.
>>
>>83616247
Vigilante
>>
>>83614890

Some people here on /co/ have been saying that their LCS's ran out of Flash really quickly.
>>
>>83618059
Please don't say that. I'm going to pick up all my rebirth titles after work today.

DC Universe Rebirth #1 sold out in my LCS within 2 hours, I got me NEET brother to get me a copy upon opening.

I need my Flash, Action, WW and Aquaman.
>>
>>83618708
Should have had a pull list.
>>
>>83618746
I'm new to this. I have until now pirated issues and then brought trades. First time picking up floppies in store, I said I would swap to this if DC brought back Wally and I'm going to stick to my word.
>>
>>83618890
Well the good news is that there'll be a second printing so if they don't have it, start a pull and try to get that on there.
>>
File: tumblr_o7enhfAraW1qgpahso1_500.jpg (46 KB, 492x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7enhfAraW1qgpahso1_500.jpg
46 KB, 492x750
So last I checked, POWER GIRL returned to earth-2 and all that but does the current DC rebirth event affect the multiverse or just the mainline Earth?
>>
>>83619010
I fly out tomorrow to the U.S. and was hoping to read on the plane. There are 3 LCS on the one street, so ideally one should have it.
>>
>>83618890

I liked Flash, but Wonder Woman, Detective Comics and Aquaman weren't that great. Action Comics was "meh" tier.
>>
>>83619060
Earth 2: Society is still being solicited, with no "FINAL ISSUE" in sight.

Take that as you will.
>>
So far, as a tradewaiter, only Green Arrow has my interests piqued.

Wonder Woman Rebirth was eh, but once the double-shipping alternating arcs kicks in, it might get better.

I must say though, 'Tec had some damn good art, but after Eternal I don't trust Tynion to deliver anything but set-up, not payoff.
>>
>>83614812
Not too surprised about WW and Flash because their last runs were awful and these ones had more hype around them. Detective and Action are no shock either, being big mainline books with their original numbering back. Aquaman is a pleasant surprise. I assume they'll end up reprinting Batman and Superman too.
>>
File: rUmY6KNa_0305151656311.jpg (713 KB, 860x1250) Image search: [Google]
rUmY6KNa_0305151656311.jpg
713 KB, 860x1250
>>83619149
So many issues prior to rebirth had a "final issue"?
>>
>>83620364
Abnett is basically soft rebooting it anyway so there's no need to cancel it. Whether DC will want two JSA books around even when they're sufficiently different is another question though.
>>
>>83619227
By the way, based on what Rucka has said, the WW trades will collect the storylines separately, so they'll be released as slowly as normal trades.

https://twitter.com/ruckawriter/status/736587454791065602
>>
>>83620504
Oh good, that makes sense
>>
>>83616124
Cool falseflag, /tv/.
>>
>>83616054
Well good, he's getting another series, and it looks closer to Hellblazer than ever.
Might even be one of the titles getting a Rebirth one-shot.
>>
We will see if it outsells the New 52
I think it will but only because there are no minor titles anymore, but twice the big names
>>
>>83619060
It seems that way so far.
The JSA is getting brought back to Earth 0.

Also PG with her legs covered is somehow more sexy than bare.
Like when Robot Lois wears clothes.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.