[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3955853 - Get Hyped: Early View
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3955853 - Get Hyped: Early Viewers Of 'Suicide Squad' Call It 'The Best DC Film Since 'The Dark Knight'

Can the ship be salvaged after all, /co/?
>>
>>83610711
But MoS was a good film.

>Implying a shitty comedy with 300 characters that no one will develop properly will be the next Dark Knight
The next Dark Knight will be the Batfleck movie or nothing.
>>
>>83610711
Some faggot said the same thing about BvS
>>
>>83610760
Probably >>83610751
>>
>>83610711
bvs_prescreening_standing_ovation.jpg
>>
No.
>>
>>83610711
Remember all the early impressions of BvS that said it was the best superhero movie of all time?
>>
>>83610751
What is it with WB and DC trying to quickly do crossover films with 50 characters teaming up without introducing or fleshing them out first? Is it just contrarianism?
>hurr marvel did it right so we're doing it wrong to show everyone we're not like marvel
>>
>>83610711
>Best DC film since Dark Knight
>Better than Man of Steel, BvS, Dark Knight Rises, Green Lantern, and Jonah Hex

Really setting the bar high for themselves, huh
>>
>>83610952
And Watchmen

Can't forget Watchmen
>>
>Early reviews

Really?

Really again?
>>
File: Kino.jpg (58 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
Kino.jpg
58 KB, 640x326
>>83610711
Ah yes, early reactions
http://www.slashfilm.com/batman-v-superman-reactions/
>>
let's predict RT score

I'm calling 32%
>>
>>83610711
Look OP, I'm really hyped for this movie and I'll go see it day one, but BvS had the same reactions. And while I liked BvS, it WAS disappointing and the reviews from screenings overhyped.
>>
>>83610934
To be fair that's, like, half the point of the Squad.
The more time you devote to building up a character, the less you can afford to kill them off, and when you're doing Suicide Squad they need to be able to die.
>>
Why don't you just put the whole world in a bottle of piss?
>>
>>83611282
Frankly a 32% would actually excite me since it means is an interesting movie

70%-85% are the scores I dont really have any interest since its just mediocrity

85% to 100% can be both excellent or super shit like SM2 vs TFA
>>
>>83610934
>it's impossible to do a team up movie without every character having a solo first

You're retarded. If anything, a Justice League movie would have been great without any hero having a solo film. If New Frontier--an animated movie--can do it, why can't live action?
>>
>>83610711
Why do people cite moviepilot when literally anyone can write an article there?
>>
I'm sure this movie will be fine. And really that's all WB needs it to be to soften the blow of BvS and get audiences back into a state of Snyder alzheimers so they go see JL. Then the vicious cycle begins anew.
>>
>>83611336
>behold the contrarian mind
>>
>>83611327
This
Open with the film that will kill a bunch of the characters off don't have it after those characters have been established

Is a bit stupid for justice league though
>>
>>83610711
BVS early reviews said the same

but its not like the bar is really high for WB atm
>>
>>83611336
Hi /tv/
>>
>>83610711
>Early Viewers Of 'Suicide Squad' Call It 'The Best DC Film Since 'The last actually good DC film'
FTFY

I'm hyped enough anyway
I don't even hate TDKR all that much actually, but it's of course weaker than it's two predecessors
>>
>>83611327
imho it's more about having all these supporting villains be redeveloped into antiheroes, which isn't as effective until they're introduced as villains in the first place.
>>83611394
Because that's not how you build a cinematic universe. When you're developing something with 20+ films you can't just blow your entire load with the first two or three films and have everything that follows seem like a step down.
>>
>>83610751

I agree. The problem was letting Snyder helm the entirety of it all. The Batman scenes were pretty great, but he has some terrible fixation on watching Superman be a suffering hero, which is not what the character is about at all.

Man of Steel does a good job getting off on the right foot, shows where Supes gets his morals from, and establishes him as someone who saves the world.

Dawn of Justice should have started with the ending scenes of people looking up to Supes, while completely disregarding 90% of the movie where half of the world hates Supes.

Not to mention...killing Superman off after only one solo movie? Snyder is an amazing director for visuals and gives fans of the books some amazing scenes (batman crawling on the ceiling away from the cops and that entire Flash cameo come to mind.) He just doesn't understand what people like about the content though.

Ayer on the other hand has been a pretty damn good director for most of his career and most of this cast has some great acting chops.

Jared Leto is going to steal the show.
>>
File: 1388827813526.png (23 KB, 182x173) Image search: [Google]
1388827813526.png
23 KB, 182x173
>>83610711
>'The Best DC Film Since 'The Dark Knight'
>>
>>83610711

I liked BvS a hell of a lot but people were saying "BvS is the best comic film since The Dark Knight" and then reviews fucking tore it a new one anyway
>>
>>83610711
To be fair that wouldn't exactly be very hard.
>>
>>83611814
They'll also tear SS a new one. Even the guy who saw it and liked it said he expects shitty reviews since the movie is tryhard Hot Topic as fuck.
>>
My boy king shark when?
>>
>>83611327
>>83611473
>you can only kill off one-dimensional characters, all the awesome guys are safe!
Really missing the point of Suicide Squad here, guys.
>>
>>83612021

Hopefully full CGI, with even more cameos of super villains.
>>
>>83612021
I doubt it.

Killer Croc snagged the animal guy that eats people role
>>
>>83610711
>Saved

It doesn't need to be saved. DC for all its blunders, hasn't reached fox levels of bad.
>>
File: 1455207752476.jpg (53 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
1455207752476.jpg
53 KB, 750x563
>>83610711
Been there, done that. I'm not falling for it this time.
>>
>>83612258
Isnt king shark listed on the IMDb page or something?
>>
File: MY TERRIO IS DEEAAAAAAD.jpg (29 KB, 145x177) Image search: [Google]
MY TERRIO IS DEEAAAAAAD.jpg
29 KB, 145x177
>>83610711
>1.jpg

>>83610787
>>83610760

this

they all looked happy with it on the press night
>>
>>83610711
>'The Best DC Film Since 'The Dark Knight'
I mean, since the Dark Knight is pretty fucking great, and every DC movie since is absolute shit the sentence manages to not mean anything.

Also, >>83612297 is right. a solid 40 is what I'm expecting.
>>
>>83612363
you are correct

portrayed by Raymond Olubawale

I fear for his life
>>
>>83612479
He'll be fine. Even if he dies he can probably come back since he is a demigod.
>>
File: I had dreams, once.jpg (43 KB, 247x377) Image search: [Google]
I had dreams, once.jpg
43 KB, 247x377
None of this matters.
>>
RT score of 81%
890 billion dollars at the box office
>>
>>83610711
>yfw it's amazing
>yfw it's better than anything in the MCU
>yfw there's literally no way it will get a single good review and will be regarded as a critical failure no matter what
>>
>>83611336

Mike Stoklasa! Welcome to /co/. Check out the X-Men storytime extravaganza were doing at the moment!
>>
>>83610711
>Can the ship be salvaged after all, /co/?
Squad will probably do fine, it won't break a billion, maybe around $800m and reviews will be good.
WW is the same, but with better reviews because they'll be tripping over themselves to praise it for having a woman directing a big budget movie.
League is the real test.
>>
>>83612793
>yfw you have to find the most bullshit reasoning to justify your unpopular opinion instead of admitting that most people didn't like a film you did
Why do you people even care that much if you're just going to claim how dumb the masses are?
>>
Early/premier viewings are heavily, heavily biased.
>>
>>83612815
X-men Apocalypse really is a better movie than Civil War
>>
>/co/ is more than willing to write off positive screening reactions at moments notice because BvS turned out weak and you 'won't be fooled again'
>meanwhile threads about bullshit rumors and "leaks" reach the bump limit despite EVERY SINGLE rumor and "leak" for the 3 years leading up to BvS being completely wrong

Explain yourselves
>>
>>83613596
>EVERY SINGLE rumor and "leak" for the 3 years leading up to BvS being completely wrong

Except that's not true.
>>
>>83613596
The very first BvS leak was right.
>>
>>83613596
http://batman-news.com/2014/06/17/exclusive-lex-luthors-hairstyle-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-revealed/

Revealed that Lex had hair and Lex's personality.
>>
>>83613596
>Dat feel when I was one of the shitposting doing fake leakz
>Dat feel when I ended up preferring my stupid shitposting to the actual film

When is my cut of BvS being released?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.