[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this good? I've been meaning to read it for years and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Is this good? I've been meaning to read it for years and figure I might as well now before the tvshow spoils the entire thing. I really enjoyed Ennis' run on Punisher.
>>
>>83602808
I like it a lot.
The tv show I believe is going in a much different direction.
>>
>>83602808
Read it, fambulance. The characters are really the selling point and practically come to life. It's not as over the top as some make it, though it is considering the PC audience we have today, but it's quite memorable.
>>
>>83602834
I heard the showrunners wanted to center the whole first season within the first town instead of instantly having preacher and co. go on their roadtrip like they do in the comics. I personally think that could be a good way to flesh out the characters so that the audience can invest in them before they engage in the more crazier shit later on.
>>
Do you like red white and blue blooded heroes preach to you about what makes texas fun while punching and drinking their way through pedophiles, catholics and new yorkers (not necessarily in that order) ?
If yes it is for you if no, it is still good due to good dialogues, interesting characters and hyperviolence
>>
It's so stupid and hamfisted but that doesn't matter because Ennis is stupid and ham fisted. he knows it, you know it, we all know it. reading Ennis without remembering this is dumb. When you look past the anti religion, super preachy story, when you look at what is happening to the characters over the course of the story, especially the main three, it is an interesting story.

the best parts are truly amazing, but on the flip side the worst parts are incredibly terrible.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.