[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ready to rage, /co/ ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGq ylsonGZY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 17
File: DB_The_Joker_vs_Sweet_Tooth.png (1 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
DB_The_Joker_vs_Sweet_Tooth.png
1 MB, 1000x562
Ready to rage, /co/ ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGqylsonGZY
>>
>>83602622

Both appeal to edgy juggalo trash.
>>
File: uwotm8.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
uwotm8.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>there are people who used Sweet Tooth in TM and not Spectre/Twister/Mr. Grimm
>>
Seems legit
>>
File: cirnobyl.png (245 KB, 900x851) Image search: [Google]
cirnobyl.png
245 KB, 900x851
>>83602622
>Next one is Mewtwo
>Probably 2D again
If the other opponent is Frieza or Black Wargreymon i'm skipping
>>
Wait, was Sweet Tooth really a stupid person?
>>
>>83603010
This if Mewtwo is going to be in a death battle it's opponent should be a test tube monster made in a lab.
>>
File: 823796-1024x768-a007.jpg (440 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
823796-1024x768-a007.jpg
440 KB, 1024x768
not even remotely shocking.

who do you think Mewtwo is going to crush?
>>
>>83603057
Well, he believed Calypso would actually grant a wish, more than once.
>>
>>83603076
You think it's a Digimon?
>>
>>83603101
This but he also fucked Calypso over with his wishes as well.
>>
>>83603069
>>83603076
In all honesty, it's probably going to be the aforementioned or

>Some Sonic character
>Tetsuo Shima
>Maybe an Earthbound/Mother character
>>
>>83603057
Nah. They downplayed his intelligence a bit, but Joker is still more manipulative than Needles ever was.

>>83603101
A reminder that Calypso has only canonically twisted Needle's wish in a way that would kill him once.
2 of his wishes just end in him getting what he wants, 1 results in him getting what he wants and Calypso getting fucked over, and 1 doesn't result in him getting what he wanted, but also results in him killing Calypso, which is something else he wanted anyway.

>>83603163
>Some Sonic character
You mean Silver, and that seems likely. I'm not a big fan of it, but the match up kind of makes sense I guess.

>Tesuo Shima
I would absolutely love this match, but Tetsuo has no sprites, so it's practically impossible.

>an Earthbound/Mother character
I've seen Ness requested a few times, and honestly I would have to give him the advantage if they do fight. That said, Ness has no real feats, so I can't really see them using him.
>>
>>83603163
TETSUO!!

proabably the best option
>>
>>83603222
>Tetsuo has no sprites

K9999
>>
>>83603222

And there's Head-On where he manages to wish to replace Calypso, causing the latter to be taken away by his own henchmen.
>>
So is Mewtwo fighting a test tube baby with psychic power too, or just one of those?
>>
>>83603222
>You mean Silver, and that seems likely. I'm not a big fan of it, but the match up kind of makes sense I guess.
I didn't mention anyone specifically because i've seen about 4 or 5 of them being suggested. Most common are Silver and Shadow, sometimes Metal Sonic.

I think they did mention at some point that a season 1 character (i guess before the first goku vs superman) was going to return, and Shadow is in that lot.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>83602622
> Caring about Death Battle
> Watching Death Battle
>>
>>83603320
>I don't care
>but I will still post
You're so cool, anon.
>>
>>83603312
Hopefully it won't be a match up where the twos only similarity are just being psychic or their color scheme(Freeza).
>>
>>83603270
Well, it wouldn't be the first time they used a sprite from an entirely different character to represent a character with no sprites what are you doing in Soul Edge, Blaze? so that could actually work.

>>83603293
That's what I meant when I said
>1 results in him getting what he wants and Calypso getting fucked over

The only wishes I'm not counting are TM3 and 4 (Not canon) and Small Brawl. If I counted those, it would be 4-5 wishes in Needles' favor, 4 times Calypso has been screwed over by Needles, and only 2 times where Calypso has screwed Needles over.

>>83603313
Isn't Batman season 1? They probably meant him vs. Cap.

>>83603377
Freeza isn't even psychic. He used telekinesis like once, but that was via Ki, not psychic powers (which do exist in Dragon Ball, and like magic is distinct from Ki.)
>>
>>83603368
OP asked if I was "ready to rage". I'm saying what he's provided isn't rage-worthy, but retarded. Nowhere did the OP state this was a thread for circlejerking over how great it is. Go find a hugbox to crawl into.
>>
>>83603448
I wish I was as cool as you, anon.
>>
>>83603377
Mewtwo would probably struggle against Kid Goku, let alone Frieza.

>>83603405
>Isn't Batman season 1? They probably meant him vs. Cap.
Cap Vs. Batman is season 2. We're in season 3 now.
>>
>>83603482
Anything's possible if you set your mind to it fag, I believe in you. Protip: passive aggressiveness ain't cool, dig?
>>
>>83603500
Yeah, but Batman vs Spiderman was season 1.

>Mewtwo would probably struggle against Kid Goku, let alone Frieza.
Nah. You have to remember that Mewtwo is at least powerful enough to devastate an entire planet using his psychic powers. He's not quite on Frieza's level, but he's stronger than anything pre-DBZ, at least.
>>
>>83603567
Now I only think you're cooler than I first thought.
>>
>>83603368
Whatever ShillAttack.
>>
>>83603577
>Mewtwo is at least powerful enough to devastate an entire planet using his psychic powers
Movie 1 mewtwo implied he was that OP but from the observed extent of his powers only made a localized storm.
>>
>>83603577
>You have to remember that Mewtwo is at least powerful enough to devastate an entire planet using his psychic powers.
That specific quote you're bringing up refers to Mewtwo destroying all life on the planet, not the planet itself. That's two vastly different levels of power.
>>
File: fonzie.jpg (17 KB, 300x378) Image search: [Google]
fonzie.jpg
17 KB, 300x378
>>83603603
I'm not surprised. After all, I don't care about who some people think would win in a fight between two fictional characters, how can I not be cool?
>>
Meh, typical DB bullshit.
>>
So, they're probably only doing Mewtwo because Pokkem already did the 3d model and so they'll also use Dark Mewtwo as well.
>>
>>83603650
It was supposed to be a global storm, from what I remember.

>>83603671
That's why I said devastate, rather than destroy. He's not a planet buster, which is why Frieza would beat him, but he's at least higher up the totem pole than Kid Goku.
And technically speaking, he should resist Ki attacks, considering how he is resistant to Aura based attacks and Aura is basically Ki. He would still lose to Frieza badly, but there's that.

>>83603737
It's possible, but I don't think they've ever done two 3d videos in a row, so it's probably going to be 2d. You never know, though.
>>
>>83603704
Shut up Boco
>>
>>83603163
>Mother character
Mother 1 Giygas, maybe? But that'd be rather uninspired.
Honestly I hope it's not a Digimon, I hate the flame wars that always ensue with Pokémon/Digimon stuff.
>>
>>83602622
>Fatclown not smashing him with his mech
>Giving him time to trashtalk
Are all these like that? first time I watch one. At least it looks cool I guess.
>>
>>83603222
What where his wishes anyways?
>>
>>83604582
>TM1
For his best friend to be returned to him. His best friend being a Paper Bag.
>TM2
To live out the rest of his days in peace as a bug in a garden.
>TM3 (Not even remotely canon)
To eat all the candy he wants.
>Small Brawl
All the Ice Cream he can eat he proceeds to steal the Ice Cream truck that Calypso takes him to
>Black
A cure for the curse that causes his head to burn.
>Head-On
To take Calypso's place.
>2012
To be taken to where his daughter is hiding.
>>
File: harharhar.jpg (67 KB, 323x315) Image search: [Google]
harharhar.jpg
67 KB, 323x315
>That comment section
I've forgotten how horrible Pokemon fans are
>>
>>83604107

Yes sir...
>>
Thought it would end in Mech vs Titan Joker.

Somehow the gas didn't bust into flames. Not to mention he's wearing a mask.
>>
>>83602622
>A good ol fashioned Superman high-five
Ok, that was pretty funny.
>>
>>83606005
Several people mentioned Joker venom being flammable before this fight aired, but I can't find any proof of that.
>>
ah well
>>
File: Perfection.png (369 KB, 528x1512) Image search: [Google]
Perfection.png
369 KB, 528x1512
>>83603069
I've got the perfect opponent for him
>>
>>83608951
Goddammit Carlos
>>
>tfw there probably will never be another new TM game
>>
>>83602622
Uh gosh...Joker's VA got some of the laughing scene done right, but the way he talks makes me cringe.
Didn't death battle buddy with batinthesun or something? Their director did a pretty good impression of Joker both visually and vocally. Get him on scene!
>>
Do you think the fight was far, or were there details that were overlooked and glossed over, or exaggerated?
>>
>>83614977
>Do you think the fight was far
Meant to say if the fight was "fair"
>>
File: Mewtwo details.png (163 KB, 947x557) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo details.png
163 KB, 947x557
>>83603010
This guy is one of the researchers
Frieza is not the opponent
>>
>>83614237
Batinthesun once got triggered by people saying their show does no research and is a glorified popularity contest (which it honestly is because it's determined by vote) that he had this long rant that even had a subtle jab at Death Battle by saying that they didn't do as much defined research as they do because they had Spider Man kill Batman (despite the entire show removing killing restraint entirely and Batinthesun having characters who normally don't kill kill)
>>
>>83614977
It's Death Battle, the only reason anyone ever wins is because it's who the people who run it think should win. I don't even know how a battle between two fictional characters can be "fair". It's fiction, I could have a fight between The One Above All and a shoe, with the shoe winning.
>>
>>83615103
People like you sound so salty. Of course it's fiction so we can't have hard facts, but they actually give reasoning that most people ignore because their favorite character lost. You don't have to agree with them, but your shoe would clearly lose that fight.
>>
File: 1.gif (25 KB, 251x378) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
25 KB, 251x378
>>83615094
Yeeeeeesh, and I thought Arcade mode had it bad.
Honestly I don't mind either way, but people really need to get a grip on these silly matches. The videos are entertaining and fulfill some part of our imaginations but that's it. Getting butthurt and attacking the creators is just overreacting.
Nobody bat an eye when the manga artist of DBZ, Akira Toriyama, himself drawn a comic strip where Frieza lost to Ryōtsu Kankichi.
>>
>>83615438
>and I thought Arcade mode had it bad.
What happened?
Also if it makes you feel better I heard Minute Match Ups complimented Death Battle's Green Arrow vs Hawkeye video despite both shows getting different outcomes with different reasoning.
>>
>>83615493
There was this silly rumor about how the Superman vs One-Punch Man match was "rigged" so that Saitama can "avenge" Goku. It turned into a shitstorm and had Screwattack jumped out and telling "DC fanboys" to stop harassing him because their characters lost in a vote.
I watched the anime but personally I like Superman more. Didn't realize the anime had more active voters than Superman but it's really not that big of a deal. It's like the comic strip; Saitama is a comedic character just like Kankichi. They were meant to not make any sense. It's all just fictions after all.
>>
>>83602622
>Good damage soak means he can survive being punched by a giant robot hundreds of feet into a brick wall and impaled on a spike

SA always goes full retard with facts.
>>
>>83615761
>>83615493
Shit I meant mightyraccoon.
>>
>>83616242
Joker's survived worse.
>>
>>83615094
I don't get the hate. They say up front its all based on votes and its just to have a cool fight.

I can see where people get mad at Death Battle because they claim to be "pop culture experts" but are in reality massive casuals who think Goku is a better character than Superman because "Goku is more human"
>>
>>83606005
>wearing a mask
He still breathes

>>83606091
>flammable

The properties of Joker venom vary by the writer.
>>
>>83602622
>Using Joker Mobile feats from an actual dream

Never change Death Battle.
>>
>>83602622
They guy they got for Joker's voice is actually pret good. But man oh man they need a better writer.

Ending was pretty good though.
>>
>>83602622
"Corrupt the "incorruptible" Superman"

I loved how they said that. You KNOW they hate Superman something fierce.
>>
Twisted Metal black was a reboot that had different backstories than all the previous games canon...a lot of the footage they used was from the PS3 Twisted Metal, was this a direct sequel to TM Black? I never played that one
>>
>>83619357
Boring character and probably got sick of people demanding goku beat him.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (196 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
196 KB, 1024x768
>>83602622
I actually could buy this one pretty easily.
Joker's Venom is just broken as far as weapons go. And there'd definately be some point where he could either get close enough to use it.
Or hell, he could probably just toss a canister into Sweet Tooth at some point if they stuck to just being in cars.

>>83603069
>>83603163
>test tube monster made in a lab
Tetsuo makes sense, but I kinda have a bit more of a stretch i'd wanna see them try.
>>
>>83619974
Can you really blame em? The most interesting characters are the ones who actually have limits. The ones who don't are bland as shit. And hell Saitama's actually a prime example of why heroes like Superman who are op as all shit can be boring as fuck.

Supes needed a beatdown from someone other than Lex.
>>
>>83621274
I don't blame them at all I was just giving rationalization behind it.
I hate superman as a character I find him boring because he really lacks room to grow.
>>
File: superman714.jpg (91 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
superman714.jpg
91 KB, 500x259
>>83621274
>>83621787

Silly Anons. Superman is already his own man. Something you obviously are not.
>>
>>83622431
>They fought the never ending battle
Is this suppose to sound like a happy ending?
>>
>>83622431
Fuck off Clark.
>>
>>83622789
The battle is love anon, you honestly think Lois is going up to Darkseid anytime soon and bitch slapping him?
>>
>>83603405
Freeza is psychic, read da manga. That's how cell inherited his telekinesis
>>
>>83619515
The new one isn't a sequel to Black. It's a 3rd reboot.
>>
>>83603320
This.
>>
>>83602622
>using the Arkham City tank as the canon Joker-mobile

>>
>>83623744
>Implying they were going to make an entirely new model for the Joker-mobile.
>>
File: top_mewtwo__2_by_dyw14-d6z56hi.png (150 KB, 499x576) Image search: [Google]
top_mewtwo__2_by_dyw14-d6z56hi.png
150 KB, 499x576
>>83615015
>manga
Yes! giant spoon mewtwo is best mewtwo
>>
>>83615396
Not in my story it won't. Fiction motherfucker.
>>
>>83623308

I doubt that anon knows what love is.
>>
File: lego-batman-joker-robot.jpg (116 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
lego-batman-joker-robot.jpg
116 KB, 600x337
>Not ending in a clown robot fight
>>
>>83624999
So this has to happen in The Lego Batman Movie right? Like they're legally obligated to put this on the big screen.
>>
You can see the gears turning in their heads when they came up with this battle and realized a few moments later that Needles has a car.

It seems lazy to just use 2 examples of joker having a suped up car over his media lifetime when most of his incarnations do not have any themed or suped up car.

That's deathbattle though, so can't be too surprised.
>>
File: Joker_Mobile.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Joker_Mobile.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>>83626169
I really wish they had just used the classic jokermobile instead of the lethal batmobile from the Arkham Knight dream sequence. It was an awesome car but it should've been against the rules since it didn't actually exist.
>>
>>83626338
For all their bluster about being accurate and well researched, Death Battle is more lazy than anything.

>Bison has super resistant soul
>Guess Shao-Khan can just absorb it
>>
>>83626474
It's more of a gimmick, same with popularity vote.
Well to say gimmick is a bit too far, but the whole idea of research possible outcomes of two fictional characters fighting to the death is just silly. I mean they are probably well aware of that, the whole attraction is to pretend how extreme people would go to justify an imaginary fight.
The moral of the story? It's fun to read people write pages on shit like this and definitely entertaining to watch realized videos with cool fights, but none of it should be taken seriously.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.