[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy Storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 31
Hey there gals and pals!

I figure, what better way to get the day going then with an outreageously comfy crossover! So grab your favorite blanket and let's jump in to mystery and ADVENTURE!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83601024
DID SOMEONE SAY HUGE UNDERAGED LESBIAN ORGY
>>
>>
>>83601079
...No?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>83601024
Thanks anon.
Nobody storytimed Sheriff of Babylon? Comickino of the week.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Poor Ripley loves Jen so dang much. Platonicaly. Probably.

So what did you think? Were any of you to new to one or the other able to get a basic grasp of the characters?

Anyway, that's all for now! Until next time, stay outrageous!
>>
Oh and have a preview of a new series, because it's in the book too so why not.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And that's it for the preview!
>>
>>83601024
It's so cool that this exists. It's really great to know that you can make an independent comic about girls, for girls, and you can be highly successful with it.
>>
>>83601612
Also a crossover with a friggin' DC title and a friggin' indie book! Has that ever been done before? I know Image and Dark Horse and 2000AD have had Batman tie-ins and stuff, but friggin' Boom!
>>
>>83601284
>comickino
end yourself.
>>
>>83601612
I'm really happy to see Chynna Clugston doing comics again.
Blue Monday was so cool.
>>
>>83601908
OH FUCK! I knew I recognized that style! I friggin' loved Blue Monday when I was a teen!
>>
>>83601657
DC does at least one crossover a year. Batman/TMNT and Green Lantern/Star Trek in recent memory.
>>
>>83602124
True, but those are also really well known franchises.
>>
This is basically a shoujo manga, right?
>>
>>83602158
Lumberjanes is the most popular Boom book (other than Power Rangers now that that exists) and it's an audience they tried to grab with some of the DCYou stuff and failed
>>
am I in hell?
>>
Not bad but I don't really care about the Lumberjanes kids. I don't regret skipping out on buying this yet.
>>
>>83602196
GA actually got published in Japanese, so its certainly close to one.
>>
>>83602377
And I personally don't care too much about the Gotham kids. They're alright, but it's hard for me to get into stuff that HAS to be tied into a zillion other books. That said, I've only read the first TPB and I was able to follow this crossover fine enough.

The first issue didn't have a lot to it, but I am actually excited to see where they're going with this.
>>
>>83601081
Artists always seem to bump Maps up in Cup size.

Not that I'm complaining
>>
>>83602610
I CERTAINLY AM
>>
>>83602581
Yeah it's early so I'll give the next one a try. Seems more like maybe they're just writing for people who are fans of both already instead of being really introductory which might be the problem for me.
>>
This was just as cute and quirky as I hoped it would be...

>>83601377
AND STEVEN!
>>
>>83601612
>It's really great to know that you can make an independent comic about girls, for girls, and you can be highly successful with it
Good. Now maybe they can keep their fucking SJW shit out of our manly man comics for men.
>>
>>83603939
I can't tell if you're being ironic or not.
>>
>>83603956
A little of both, actually. The way some people go on about the feminist boogeyman is bordering on insanity, but this notion that every comic book needs to go out of its way to appeal to women/minorities is also annoying.
>>
>>83601097
>hair is silver
>last name is Silverlock
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>83602581

GA has actually been very isolated from Batbook crossover hell. The Endgame crossover was a separate issue, not part of the normal release, and was still very self-contained. I don't think that there have been any issues of GA where you had to buy a separate ongoing to finish the story.
>>
>>83604800
They had the Robin War issue but it didn't require you to actually read the event to keep up.

I think that guy meant that he didn't like shared universe stuff though. Like Damian and Tim popping in and all the references to Batshit in general.
>>
>>83604150
there's some fire demon thing going on with her family, just roll with it
>>
>>83604881

I get that, but even with Damian they completely explained who exactly he was, and what he was trying to do, completely contained within GA. You could have literally no idea who Damian Wayne is and you'd know that he was Batman's son, stealing something for Batman, and you'd know why without ever touching a Batman comic or even wiki entry.

Batbook editorial has been great about letting Gotham Academy do its own thing. I don't know why DC is putting so much faith behind this title, I expected cancellation months ago, but it's heartening to see.
>>
File: 1464486615772.jpg (119 KB, 839x835) Image search: [Google]
1464486615772.jpg
119 KB, 839x835
>>83601363
>>83601377
>>83601392
>>83601404
>>83601416
>this art
>>
>>83605015
Didio always pushes for some weird books at times. It might do well via means we can't measure (like library requests and shit).
>>
>>83601377
Literally Steven Universe.
>>
>>83605015
DC usually lets niche titles go on longer and this one does good trades
>>
>>83605015
>>83604800
That's good to know. I'll be sure to check out more GA.
>>
>>83605281
It's also a critical darling and DC likes to keep those in rotation for good PR
>>
GA reader, is the redheaded at supposed to be insanely strong?
>>
>>83606064
Well that was not the first time she has broken a tree in half. April's crazy strong.
>>
This art hurts... I just want the original style back...
>>
>>83607014
>expecting any artist to stay on a comic that they're not also the writer for more than six issues.
>>
>>83601228
Augh that pun
>>
>>83601298
I need more of Maps trying to get people into /tg/ stuff.
>>
>>83608076
She does literally have a badge for punning.
>>
>>83601239
Jen is cute.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.