[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why dident Jor-El contact his local green lantern when nobody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Krypton_map.jpg (99 KB, 640x451) Image search: [Google]
Krypton_map.jpg
99 KB, 640x451
So why dident Jor-El contact his local green lantern when nobody believed him Krypton was going to colapse.

I haven't read much early Superman so I'm not sure if the stuff with nobody beliving him was written in the 2 years before green lantern was a thing but even if it was its still something to think about.
>>
The Green Lanterns are pretty terrible at their job, especially in the last 30 years or so, with the way they're constantly being torn apart and reforming and the way the Guardians are so obviously shitty and stupid and incapable of actually guarding anything
>>
>>83597957
Because the Kryptonian science council were isolationist dicks who had banned the Green Lantern Corps from operating on Krypton.

That said I do think there's a story about Tomar-Re trying unsuccessfully to save Krypton, but I can't remember when it's from. Krypton was in 2813.
>>
>>83598517
>Because the Kryptonian science council were isolationist dicks who had banned the Green Lantern Corps from operating on Krypton.
Ah that makes sense
>That said I do think there's a story about Tomar-Re trying unsuccessfully to save Krypton, but I can't remember when it's from. Krypton was in 2813.
Oh I will have to check that out
>>
>>83598579
Ah took me a while it's a back up in Superman 257
>>
>>83597957
Council on Krypton didn't want any contact with the Lanterns, and the Guardians were perfectly happy to have the Kryptonians sit away in their own little world where they would have no interaction with the universe whatsoever. Way back in the day, Krypton had an expansionistic empire. Imagine a race of militarised Kryptonians using solar bombs to empower themselves as they conquered, wielding absurdly advanced technology.

Yeah, Guardians were happy they stayed home, and shed no tears at their destruction.
>>
How close was Krypton to earth anyway I know there in neighbouring sectors
>>
>>83599204
>using solar bombs to empower themselves as they conquered

so they were Saiyans?
>>
>>83601664
I think krypton did it first
>>
so why they isolated themselves?
>>
>>83602267
Nah. Krypton was an unfortunate, peaceful science planet until Byrne made them isolationist cancer patients. After that you're in the 90s so that's a crib off DBZ
>>
>>83599204
youd think they would spread out a bit, like leave that one damn planet lol fucking idiots
>>
Tomar-Re tried but got blinded and arrived too late to save them
>>
>>83602284
>>83602314
In the 60s they were written as advanced enough to barely get to space travel before Brainiac fucked up their missions, making them hesistant to leave

80s, it was the Eradicator virus that caused any Kryptonian to leave the planet to become sick. That's why Superman could escape, since he was only genetic code in the incubation pod and was born on Earth

After that, I think they did leave the planet, and their travels created all the worlds that the Legion characters come from?
>>
>>83602502
>After that, I think they did leave the planet, and their travels created all the worlds that the Legion characters come from?

No, only Daxam.
>>
File: TomarReKrypton[1].jpg (57 KB, 505x316) Image search: [Google]
TomarReKrypton[1].jpg
57 KB, 505x316
>>83597957
>Reminder that Tomar failed his job in protecting Krypton
>>
>>83602570
Yeah I'm remembering it wrong. The seeding of the worlds was when Mon-El took all the bottled cities and put them on new planets, and there they became the Legion worlds
>>
>>83602502
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFO1O020uyw

EEERADICATOR!!
>>
>>83602502
I preferred 60's explanation with my headcanon that only krypton govt have access to the most advance tech which jor el stole then he gave it to kal el
>>
>>83602670
>haha, yes someone is going to post the eradicator skit from Kids in the Hall
>Kids in the Hall, brought to you by the Nerdist. Stay tuned for an interview with Chris Hardwick
I never asked for this pain
>>
>>83601000
According to the movies, it's over 8 galaxies away, and according to the dialogue from those movies, Clark is in transit to earth for thousands of earth years.
>>
>>83602670
I don't understand what was wrong with the logo
>>
>>83602997

In the New 52 it was 27 light years away, so in the present day Clark and Black Science Man can watch it explode though a telescope.
>>
>>83601000
Neighboring sectors doesn't necessarily mean anything given that the sectors are wedge shaped (unless that was changed at some point and I missed it), if they're both far from Oa then they might not be that close.
>>
>>83603254
I'm pretty sure they were at least wedges at the start of the new 52
>>
>>83603162
Wait how the fuck did he reach earth so fast
>>
>>83603328

Wormhole.
>>
>>83603394
I wonder what Jor-El would have done if there wasent a wormhole nearby
>>
>>83602362
There were remnant Krypton colonies here and there, but mysteriously pretty much every one of those remnant colonies' sun went red and was destroyed by their pissed-off former subjects.
Daxam's the biggest left and it's isolationist and paranoid as fuark.
laughingguardians.jpg
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.