[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the Transformers as a franchise so off putting to people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
Why is the Transformers as a franchise so off putting to people? Despite being huge, it also always seems to be fringe and niche, it seems like nobody every casually likes Transformers you're either a hardcore fan or you don't give a damn, even as a young kid I remember somehow Transformers being viewed as more "nerdy" than just about every other nerdy interest, can the average person just not relate to robots?
>>
>>83596966
You can't really be a Transformers fan without collecting the toys, which forces you to either be more invested because of all the hunting and spending, or refuse to invest because you don't want to hunt and spend.

Also the lore gets super esoteric and splits into multiple different continuities.
>>
>>83596966
I like TFs casually. I occasionally watched Beast Wars as a kid, then Energon Trilogy as a slightly bigger kid. Got back to it around the time Prime started, watched a shitton of toy reviews on YouTube and was awestruck how mechanically clever were The Animated series toys (though didn't even try watching the series). After that I've watched all of TF Prime, read MTMTE I think up to when Dark Cybertron or something like that started. After that, haven't really done anything more with the franchise, still like the concept though.

As for toys, I've got two of those super-tiny guys from movies and regular size Wheeljack and Soundwave from Prime. Maybe would've gotten more if I didn't live in a shitpoor second world country.
>>
>>83596966

It's kind of like a life style once you get into it.
>>
>>83596966
Transformers have problems. The shows are either really old, the cheesiest thing ever, eye-raping early CG, or have Michael Bay's name on it with all it implies. Add to that that the average 'murrican sees giant robots as inherently childish because of the original show and Power Rangers, and that "hardcore fans" can get Sonic fan tier of autistic.
>>
>>83597121
> Add to that that the average 'murrican sees giant robots as inherently childish because of the original show and Power Rangers
Maybe mechs (and that's a bug maybe) but people love the thought of giant robots fighting it out. Sometimes because the pure destruction it causes or sometimes because yeah it reminded them of some things they liked as a child but it isn't automatically lumped in as stupid kid shit. I'll never get where these baseless claims of "the average person doesn't like ___ because random generalization"
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.