[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whomp thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
Guys, it's /a/

You should have read the flyer outside about the anime talk days. I set this up a long time ago with the priest. He gave me permission on the condition that I would tell no one that he really likes Sword Art Online season 2. And don't tell anyone I said that, or I'm going to have to go back to that tent in the park. Raccoons don't want to talk about anime. They just want to scratch me and make awful screaming noises.
>>
>>83595788
>he really likes Sword Art Online season 2
absolutely AWFUL
>>
>>83595788
So do you guys have thtese threads ironically now or what?
Does Ronnie have an actual job? I hope he does.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (159 KB, 355x336) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
159 KB, 355x336
>>
>>83595788
>he really likes Sword Art Online season 2
NOT EVEN JESUS CAN FORGIVE THIS
>>
Guy: Forgive me father for i have sinned
Ronnie: Oh, i'm sorry this isn't a-
Guy: I beat up another one of those anime nerds yesterday. He was even wearing some "kawaii t-shirt" or whatever, i couldn't help myself
Ronnie: Go on, my child, The Lord will forgive you.
>>
>Forgive me father, for I have sinned
>I had impure thoughts about the female character my waifu dislikes
>>
>>83595895
This needs to be smashed into banner format ASAP
>>
>Forgive me father, for I have sinned
>I've slowly stopped watching anime and reading mangos, acquired a "real" job and found a very handsome woman to be my bride
>>
>>83598570
>Why do you tell that you stopped? Now you are watching a slice of life - from the inside! ...Have you encounetered any inconsequential things yet?
>>
>>83598841
>I... I've noticed that my otōsan and my ojiisan have been trying to steal my waifu-chan from me.
>>
File: 2012-10-19-Beard-News-Bears.jpg (236 KB, 900x582) Image search: [Google]
2012-10-19-Beard-News-Bears.jpg
236 KB, 900x582
>>83595788
>that 2nd man
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>83600846
are you blind?
>>
He was streaming Overwatch yesterday.
>>
SOA season 2 isn't bad. The last few eps with the dying girl is great. Also pic related.
>>
>>83602145
No, it's pretty bad. Literally made of fail and AIDS. Log Horizon is much better, except for the animation.
>>
>>83595788
The first two panels could be a banner.
>>
>>83602173
It's great by anime standards
>>
File: 1431381548816.png (134 KB, 372x334) Image search: [Google]
1431381548816.png
134 KB, 372x334
>>83602145
>SOA season 2 isn't bad
>>
>>83602173
Log Horizon a shit, too though.
>>
>>83602336
If you don't think Mother's Rosario is one of the greatest animated stories ever there's something wrong with you
>>
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think .hack//sign did the whole trapped in an MMO thing right, and it came years before SAO.
>>
>>83595788
>/a/.jpeg
>>
>>83595788
Did Ronnie just steal the /co/ confessions thread
Does /a/ have confessions thread
>>
File: 1449614391586.png (192 KB, 283x352) Image search: [Google]
1449614391586.png
192 KB, 283x352
>>83602519
this
>>
>>83602145
It is really bad, the "author keeps forgetting its people inside a game and its just writting fantasy" is even more obvious.

People still was acting like characters inside the setting more than people inside a game. I managed to watch 12 episodes or so before drop it too...then again the very same flaws than first season. Everything that happened in the part I watched would be reasonable if was a postapocalypse sci-fi world, but not as a game. Energy weapons are shit for pvp because everyone has a shield...unless you use an sword energy weapon? You can equip two weapons but conveniently Kirito could "borrow" other people weapon, there is a satelitte that shows everyone location to prevent you from hidden for more than 15 minutes...unless you are underwater, in a cave or have a broken item that allows you to be invisible that for some reason no one else in the game uses. Not to mention the "I don't want kill a girl" WHY is not that she is gonna die or something that was in the cursed game not in this one.

The only redeeming quality is that the setting of the game is pretty badass
>>
>>83602519
Its not an unpopular opininion is in fact a pretty common opinion.

Thing is hack//sign had also its own issues, mostly the slow pace and being boring in general, But most people agrees is the only show that manages the theme well since is the only one that writes the characters as actual people playing a game and not some fantasy characters in a fantasy world.
>>
File: fake.png (5 KB, 258x248) Image search: [Google]
fake.png
5 KB, 258x248
Anime and manga these days is pretty fucking insufferable, with stories that just go on for ever even when they're absolute dogshit. What's even worse is that when they come over to America, the only ones that are picked are battle shonen or some variation of it because that's all that sells

And as much as I love Tokusatsu, it's not much different in that respect either
>>
>>83602780
It had great anti-escapism themes---Like how all these characters put hours upon hours into this game hoping to avoid their real life/actual failings as people only for new problems to manifest around them in The World as well.

Back in '11 or so half of the conversations I remember on Trade Chat and Guild Chat ---people avoiding maturing emotionally or socially, avoiding very real RL family issues and instead insisting on the importance of finding a tank of ICC/Baradin Hold, were almost word for word to the conversations in Sign. It was surreal.
>>
>>83602519
But it is true
>>
>>83602574
>Does /a/ have confessions thread
yeah but not regulary but sometimes.
>>
>>83602173
I like Log Horizon because its fantasy isn't "I'm a super badass with 1337 MMO skills" so much as "I'm a genius who can wheel-and-deal a society into existence." Also nigga Nyanta.
>>
File: Anime Banner.png (54 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
Anime Banner.png
54 KB, 300x100
>>83596075
>>83595895
>>
>>83602920
Well what i read in manga doesnt have that problem. And most of anime doesnt even get second season even if it is really good because it doesnt sell.
>>
File: AIDS.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
AIDS.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>83602173
SOMEONE SAID THE MAGIC WORD
>>
>>83602574
>>83603718
That's because those are off-topic on both boards, and /a/ actually reports that stuff.
>>
>>83602920
A rather wide range of anime gets dubbed in my experience, though promotion is a different story. Maybe it's gotten worse since a decade ago, though; one of the things that killed ADV was being contracted into dubbing every no-name trash show.
>>
>>83602920
So it's back to what it was before the 90s somewhat, except we still have more internet than ever. If you want good shows, torrent them. If you want to buy good shows, but Japan isn't selling them yet, use a seller proxy and subtitle files to watch your precious physical backup.
>>
File: Dr.Slump.Arale-chan.026.webm (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Dr.Slump.Arale-chan.026.webm
3 MB, 320x240
>>83604268
They should only animate as much of the manga as makes sense in the budget, instead of racing to make the show an advertisement for the current manga volumes. But it'll change eventually. Their print media is starting to give way to smart phones and webcomics too, so manga is gonna suck hard for like 10 years as the mainstream stuff hardens and dies. That means doujinshi artists are likely to increasingly become businessmen and women writing original characters and publishing first online, rather than fanworks, and they'll probably start hating "piracy" because they are not economists. It's gonna be a rough weird time to be a Japanophile for a while.
>>
>>83606574
I never cared for dubs but i really hate how fansubbing is dead at this point. Many in /co/ probably havent been in anime long or really cared so they watched dubs or just watched official subs but i remember when fansubbing was really big scene and then crunchyroll came.
>>
>>83607128
I do agree but hey want can we do really? We dont buy anime or really support it.
>>
>>83607250
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>83606574
Now every no-name show gets official subs of Crunchyroll, and usually nothing else.
>>
>>83607195
I wasn't into the scene, but I do remember watching some fansubbed anime on Youtube as a teenager too dumb to torrent shit. Did Crunchyroll just take off so hard there was no point anymore?

I also remember Kill La Kill being subbed by Underwater, maybe shit got bad really recently?
>>
File: a-non-tan.1203142943174.png (92 KB, 452x345) Image search: [Google]
a-non-tan.1203142943174.png
92 KB, 452x345
>>83607628
There's demand for better quality than crunchyroll now that there are fewer good shows at all.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.