[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know, he didn't seem to try too hard to bring back the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: superman-rebirth-1-cover.jpg (365 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
superman-rebirth-1-cover.jpg
365 KB, 900x1384
You know, he didn't seem to try too hard to bring back the New 52 Superman. Anyone else bothered by this?

Just seemed like the writer gave no fucks.

I haven't really kept up with monthlies in a long time. Is any of the recent Superman stuff worth checking out? Last thing I read was Grants AC run.
>>
>>83592116
>Is any of the recent Superman stuff worth checking out?
No.
>Last thing I read was Grants AC run.
Then fuck no.
>>
Pak and Kuder had 3 good arcs. The very first one, the one after the Doomed crossover, and the one at the beginning of Truth. Pak had a good Batman/Superman arc right before DCYou. Johns also had a good arc on Superman.

That's about it off the top of my head, assuming you're already reading Coming of the Supermen for Adams being Adams.
>>
>>83592116
they killed nu52 Superman exactly to have old one back, of course he isn't going to try
>>
>>83592116
He gets off his ass in tomorrow's Action.
>>
>>83592116
When Post-Crisis Superman died, his body was intact, it died of blunt force trauma.

The regeneration matrix that brought him back was just a sunlight-based defibrillator. It restarted his system and healed his wounds.

Nu52 Superman WAS FUCKING CREMATED
>>
>>83592116
You can't have him try to hard, or you cut off potential ways to bring Nuperman back when you want to (Action 1000).

You can't have him NOT try, because then he seems callus as fuck
>>
>>83592116
>You know, he didn't seem to try too hard to bring back the New 52 Superman.

He tried to use the same method that he himself was "resurrected" which proved to be impossible. What else was there to do? Start hounding the metahuman community over a way to resurrect a person?
>>
>>83592711
Pre-Flashpoint Superman has known people to come back from cremation, assuming that's even what happened and not some kind of transmutation that only looked like cremation. It is dumb to suggest that he would have reason to believe that his way was the only way.

But I don't think he really gave up as much as he just accepted that they can't keep waiting around and not doing anything in the meantime. Like >>83592787 said, he didn't have the means to try anything else.
>>
>>83592116
I'm not really sure why they did the story-line, but they clearly established that there was no regeneration matrix.

I'm assuming that after a while (probably 18 months or more), they will figure out something and we'll have a universe with two of them, albeit whatever they are saying that Nuperman wasn't really "Superman" that they are also going to say it's not two Supermen in the DC comic verse, but Superman and whatever explanation they come up.

>>83592116

Morrison Action Comics is worth it, it's three connected arcs, just get the trades.
>>
>>83592978
>Pre-Flashpoint Superman has known people to come back from cremation

For example?
>>
>>83593241

Green Arrow?
>>
>>83592116
As far as Superman is concerned a lot of events are being repeated and he is just interfering to improve the results.
Like with Cyborg Superman.

He may still be waiting for SuperNu52 to revive somehow and it will probably happen.
>>
>>83593903
Ollie was reconstituted by...

...oh right, Convergence Halallax is still around. Clark COULD get Nu52 Supes back.
>>
>>83593903
That was due to Parallax, wasn't it?
>>
>>83594006
>Convergence Halallax is still around

BeardSuperman doesn't know that. And Parallax Hal is far more villainous now, unlike Pre-Flashpoint version that still had a heroic streak to him..
>>
>>83592116
í think it was just not very developed, but you only can do so much in such few pages, they could have tried to make a point and emphasize how pre-flashpoint Clark was specifically and only relying on the regeneration matrix as the the only hope to bring Supes back to life and really had no other plan besides that, so it wouldnt look like he just shrugged it off like it turned out.

But really, the whole point was just setting up Reign of the Supermen 2.0 in the quickest way possible, i still think Nu52 Superman will come back to life, they just didn't make a huge deal about his death this time around, but that is also a good thing from a reader's perspective i guess.
>>
>>83593191
I'd still say that Nuperman is either one of the Pre-Crisis Supermen besides Superdad (Kal-L or Prime) reincarnated
>>
>>83594435
Kal-L just fits too well. I'll be disappointed if it's not him at this point.
>>
>>83594476
Yeah, Kal-L is the perfect fit because not only was Nuperman's origin based on the Golden Age, he also comes with his own Lois, explaining why there's two of her right now too.
>>
>>83592116
Yeah, they just hand waved it.

And New 52 Superman is garbage. Don't waste your time with it.
>>
>>83592116
he will be the new Superboy prime
>>
>>83592116
Yeah, I felt like the issue was sort of like

>If we have a regeneration matrix, maybe we can bring him back
>Lol nope can't find one anywhere, I guess he's dead for good [shit-eating grin]

Like, should we maybe try the purple healing ray? Lazarus Pits? Magic? There's so much shit in comics other than the regeneration thing that brings people from the dead.

Obviously, the intent of the story is to have him dead, so I'm not arguing that the story should had had pre-FP Superman throw post-FP Superman into a Lazarus Pit so that everything would go back to normal, because that's not what the writers want to do. But the issue could had at least made it more convincing that pre-FP Supes is satisfied that he's exhausted any reasonable way to bring him back. He seemed pretty casual about the whole thing. Just kind of like, "welp, whaddya gonna do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.