[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Batman_-_Hush_TPB.jpg (373 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
Batman_-_Hush_TPB.jpg
373 KB, 900x1350
What went wrong?
>>
pussing out of the jason todd reveal
>>
>>83591886
I don't remember anything after Ivy mind controlled Supes and Talia was working at Lexcorp I guess? I recall it being pretty bland. Maybe that's it.
>>
>>83591886
I mean, Hush being Elliot didn't have any real impact
>>
>>83592094
Should have made Elliot an actual character before this silliness, then?
>>
Just shit comics.
>>
When's the last time Loeb wrote a good comic?
>>
Too crowded. Loeb took the biggest criticism of The Long Halloween and made it the fucking root of Hush.

Loeb really loves his villain parades.
>>
Jim Lee
>>
>>83593186
I mean at the end of the day that's really the only good thing about this book though is that if you're a fan of Lee's artwork you get to see him draw a wide swath of characters and more or less the entire rogue's gallery.
>>
>>83593221
I second that.
>>
>>83592014
Under the Hood is a better story than Hush anyways. It was a net positive.
>>
it's a nice ride with a meh ending
so unless you are one of those autists that only care about endings it's still a fine comic
>>
>>83593221
>>83593253

Funny, I often hear the description of Hush "It's a catalog of great Jim Lee posters that some asshole put speech bubbles over."
>>
It's fine if you want to present someone to Batman's comic and introduce him to the whole universe.

...and that's pretty much it. The book doesn't have a lot going on in his favour.
>>
>>83593307
In general you can say Jim Lee can "draw" but it's so boring. It seems he's style is stuck in the 90's or even the first 2000.
>>
>>83593142
Long Halloween
>>
>>83593221

Wrong. Far smarter people than you have admitted that Jim Lee's work on Hush was fantastic.
>>
I really liked this story, specially the Superman scene and Batgirl mention to Bruce hate for the Joker. Didn't knew you people hated it or didnt care for it
>>
my biggest problem with hush is that thomas elliot is some fucking nobody who gets introduced and then treated like he's someone with history who matters.

they wanted the reveal that thomas was the villain to be a big deal but it loses all its gravitas because he wasn't actually a long time friend of bruce, they just pretended he was for the duration of this story.
>>
>>83593732
well it's a popular Batman comic, of course people hate it here
>>
>>83593593
his work on ASBAR is better
>>
>>83593763
my second biggest problem is that hundred less technically proficient artists tried to draw like this for DC and it universally looks like garbage
>>
>>83593763
The forced-into-protagonist's-backstory-with-no-prior-mention stuff honestly gives me the howling fantods and it just keeps happening. This, Silk's introduction in Spider-Man, Bruce's brother (or is he?!) in City of Owls, the worst shit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.