[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was really bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
I was actually looking forward to it and thought it would at least be better than the first movie (which wasn't bad, it was ok) but it couldn't even do that.

>Krang wasted - just thrown in there out of nowhere, the battle with the turtles lasts a few minutes tops and then he leaves
>Shredder wasted - pops up now and then; before he can do anything is frozen and put away by Krang
>Karai wasted - literally does nothing
>Casey Jones was awful - Amell is a terrible actor
>April wasted - given nothing of worth; I actually liked Fox in the first movie, but here she was given nothing
>Vern was not needed - added nothing
>There is no plot - I don't expect much from a TMNT movie but at least the first movie tried to have a real story and structure

There were a couple things I liked though...
>Baxter - he was funny
>Bebop and Rocksteady - just perfect
>The theme - it was fun to hear again

This movie had a lot of potential but I guess poorly shoehorning in every element from the old cartoon show was a mistake. The first movie tried to have its own voice at least.
>>
I forgot to mention the turtles. They were ok. CGI felt more obvious this time. Also the "conflict" between the brothers felt forced and poorly developed.
>>
>>83589423
It could've been a lot tighter, and the "we could be human" plot is completely unnecessary. I mean, its doesn't even breed true conflict; Don just follows Leo's lead, Mikey does not advocate for it at all - and he's the one who wants it the most, and Raph doesn't give a fuck; he just jumps at any excuse to be an asshole because he gets off on it.
>We could be human, whatever. WAIT, WHAT DO YOU MEAN LEO DIDN'T WANT US TO KNOW.

Amell was pretty bad, yeah (It must be hard to know Megan Fox is a better actress than you), Megan Fox was also terrible but there was no way to be good with what she was given; her scene with Baxter seems written by a horny tween.

The plot overall is not bad - it's pretty much the same plot as the 80s cartoon - but it was paced badly. Shredder needed more presence and more camp; he should've been the straight man to Bebop and Rocksteady more. Still, B&R rocked and are the best thing in the movie.

I had fun with the action scenes and with the fact that they didn't stop to explain any of the stupid minor things; Donatello is smart, so he can build cars, have holographic computers and hack interdimensional spaceships, just go with it.
I was entertained with the action scenes. No complaints there.

I dunno. It felt like a movie for little kids. Probably because it was. And I'm fine with it, since it's freaking Ninja Turtles.
>>
>>83590552
I totally get that movie was intended to be for kids but the irony is that it was clearly being sold to people who grew up with the old cartoon. The movie also made considerably less than the first which tells me that maybe kids weren't into seeing another Ninja Turtles movie. My entire theatre was composed of people in there 20s and 30s - no kids.
>>
File: tmntcard94front_zpsfa01f642.jpg (237 KB, 525x375) Image search: [Google]
tmntcard94front_zpsfa01f642.jpg
237 KB, 525x375
Shredder was utterly wasted.
Krang was the big bad so he really shouldn't have been played for laughs IMO.
The turtles are still fucking hideous.

Everything else was pretty alright though, honestly. The movie focused mostly on the turtles which was really nice, and the references to the shitty first movie were kept to a minimum, which I very much appreciated.

Honestly though, I'm hoping the lackluster box office leads to a reboot. Out of the Shadows was a much better offering than the 2014 movie, but it's still not a movie series I would consider worth saving. And no CG turtles next time, PLEASE.
>>
File: 201211270710289978.jpg (93 KB, 450x582) Image search: [Google]
201211270710289978.jpg
93 KB, 450x582
>>83591087
Ideally, if they rebooted, Id like to see something closer to the Mirage comic but it likely won't happen because these movies are "intended" for kids. But maybe drawing from the IDW comics would work too. Regardless I have to agree - this series needs a reboot.
>>
File: TMNT_1990_Raph_at_the_corner.jpg (82 KB, 476x460) Image search: [Google]
TMNT_1990_Raph_at_the_corner.jpg
82 KB, 476x460
>>83591358
>Id like to see something closer to the Mirage comic but it likely won't happen because these movies are "intended" for kids.

I'm as big a Mirage TMNT fan as anyone, and the 1990 movie is about as literal an adaptation as we could ever hope for.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a more street-level martial arts flick than the gonzo special effects orgy we've gotten in the last two movies, but I don't feel as though it's necessary to go back to the Mirage well when IMO it's already been done to perfection.
>>
>>83589423
I liked the movie in general but it did have a lot of flaws I I'll see if I can find the post I made a few threads ago.

Also the problem with Casey was the fucking terrible dialogue.
>>
>>83590552
>Donatello is smart, so he can build cars, have holographic computers and hack interdimensional spaceships, just go with it.
Better then the "I have never used a command line interface in my life" of the first movie
>>
>>83591902
Ah found it
https://desustorage.org/co/thread/83532540/#83535971

The bad
>The cg was inconsistent in quality
The worst of it was probably when the tank was driving through the jungle partialy the tank but more so the trees and the way they fell
>Pretty much everything with Casey
The hamfisted gonna be a detective one day line
Trashing a store and threatening it's owner with 0 evidence
There were others but those stand out in my memory
>I dident like how shitty shredders senses were how the fuck did he not notice April.
>It made no fucking sense for shredder to betray his scientist
>Shredder should have had a bit of a fight with orange before he got frozen just have orange work him towards that spot during the fight or something.
I think shredder might have had plenty of time to react to the betrayal and make an attack but that may be my memory playing tricks on me
>These movies remember there meant to be ninjas more then pretty much any other turtle media but they apparently lack the stealth skills to go out in the day.
>Holy fucking shit why was that detective women so fucking incompetent.
There was nothing that odd about Casey's story considering they were dealing with ninjas a disguised truck makes sense. You don't get to where she is without learning to accept the strange.
Also she overstepped her boundary's I'm pretty dam sure she has no right to deny a phone call
>Why was the guard outside the lab not loyal to shredder
>Why did Casey take so long to fire his taser he could see that shredder was getting away
>Bebop and rocksteady had no reason to be in the van
>In the end it dident need to be bebop and rocksteady they sent into the jungle they dident do anything needing there talents.
>Not enough fight scenes
Continued in next post
>>
>>83592055
>Everything Donatello made was shiny and high tech except for the gear the turtles wore which was still fucking strapped to there arms with tape for some reason
Also April's headset was attached with fucking wires.
>The shotgun shells scene was clearly designed to make you think he meant right in the back I auctualy was a little confused for a few moments when we saw him loading them
>Having Raphael agree with Leonardo in the end was apparently more important then getting the job done as best they could
>The download speed on that watch was all over the fucking place
>Why was nobody trying to shoot down the technodrome parts as they came in

The good
>Much better fanservice satire the o niel arse one was allright but it ruined Verne's character
>The foot soldiors themselves got to be badass especialy in the police HQ scene
>Turtles were great
>Bebop and rocksteady
>Humorous transformers plug
All we need now is a turtles refrence in the mlp movie and the snake shall be eating it's own tail
>Krang looked great initial impressions were brought down from great to acceptable by the wierd tentacle beard but it they worked better then the promo stuff made me expect
>The dump truck was great
The flames coming out of the side were fucking awesome and they had the good sense not to keep them for more then one scene (which admitidly doesent make a whole lot of sense but makes for a better movie)
>That fucking camera wire scene
>Verne was much better this time around.
>The pizza drop scene
>The opening character intros
>Baxter called shredder sensei we might get a fight scene with him in the next movie (hopefully they wont make him to good a fighter)

Overall though I have to say I liked the movie
>>
File: 1464967320043.jpg (24 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1464967320043.jpg
24 KB, 321x322
>>83591358
shit, I might've actually watched it if they went with this design
>>
>>83590552
>there was no way to be good with what she was given
Same can be said of Casey though
Or maybe I'm just hung up on that one shitty and I'm gonna be a detective some day line.
>>
>>83589423
OFFICIAL CO/ RANKING MOST EXPECTED 2016 MOVIES so far
1.- BvS
2.- CACW
3.- TMNT2
4.- XMA
>>
>>83589423
it wasn't as bad as civil war
>>
Just saw it today. I enjoyed it and in my memory I will pretend that everything was tightened up and done more professionally.

Tbqh I wish the Krang fight was longer and that Shredder would've had a chance to do something cool. Karai was a complete fucking waste again holy shit you're a ninja and two untrained faggots beat you up. Bebop and Rocksteady were the real MVPs of the movie.
>>
>>83592466
I don't know what this means but if we're ranking the 4 movies Civil War was the best, tie between X-Men and turtles, and BvS was total trash.
>>
>>83589423
Tyler Perry as Baxter Stockman was the best thing about the movie, never thought I'd ever say that about Perry.
>>
>>83592620
Yeah he was good. Hope there's a third movie and he wrecks shit with robots.
>>
>>83592597
>Civil War was the best
do you mean "winter soldier part 2"? also called "Kids donĀ“t be stupid to take a trip to conflictive areas just to please your imperialist guilty conscience, especially when that country have death squads. The nicest thing that will happen to you is a building falling on your head"
>>
>>83589423
>This was really bad.
Just came in here to ask: What could you possibly have fucking expected from this movie?
>>
>>83593489
Yeah, this. No piece of TMNT media has ever been unironically good. It's been pulpy schlock from day one.
>>
>>83589423
They should just give the TMNT rights back to Marvel.
>>
>>83593983
I think the original film is unironically good for sure...actually, I think none of it is "ironically good", some is just good....but I agree with your sentiment

All TMNT is fucking STUPID and for the most part is for little kids - teenaged boys, people who expect anything more are kind of fucking dumb
>>
Does Stockman become the fly in this movie or is he just a reference?
>>
>>83594422
He's pretty prominent in the film, he doesn't get mutated in this movie, all human.
>>
File: improper.png (1 MB, 605x674) Image search: [Google]
improper.png
1 MB, 605x674
>>83589423

This poster art just triggers me.

Like, why the fuck is he holding his sword that way?

*tips katana
>>
>>83594616
Fuck dude read Rurouni Kenshin you pleb
>>
File: 1444107782781.png (28 KB, 170x236) Image search: [Google]
1444107782781.png
28 KB, 170x236
>>83594654
>muh non lethal swordsmanship
Kenshin is/was/will be bottom of the barrel trash
>>
File: 324654767.png (319 KB, 419x479) Image search: [Google]
324654767.png
319 KB, 419x479
>>83594654

>Reverse blade sword
>Ninja turtles

This isn't some kawaii-onisan~ uguu shit, anon.
>>
Did my theater just fuck up, or was it just bad editing, because during the Brazil scene after Raphael makes it out of the river and looks to the turtle in Brazil, the next scene just had everyone fighting in high rapids near the waterfall with Raph already there. I mean, it's not hard to figure out what basically happened, but it's just a really weird way to edit the film.
>>
>>83589423
>Amell is a terrible actor
how fucking dare you
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.