[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Rebirth wave 2 speculation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: eboydvoc78hhm4ubmsug.png (1 MB, 1024x757) Image search: [Google]
eboydvoc78hhm4ubmsug.png
1 MB, 1024x757
What is your writer wishlist for the hypothetical upcoming Rebirth series? Orlando is pretty much confirmed for JSA already.

>Shazam
>Atom
>Legion of Super-Heroes

Also, which characters would you like to see returning or having their own ongoing?
>>
>>83586979
Parker and Shaner on Shazam, though Shaner is already on Future Quest so it may not happen.

Hickman for both Atom and Legion of Super-Heroes.
>>
>>83587042

Shaner is apparently off of Future Quest after #4 I think.

>Orlando is pretty much confirmed for JSA already

Do we have anything other than Twitter speculation for that?
>>
Why is every DC character other than Batman basically the same? There's so little difference between them all (other than their powers) that they might as well all be the same person.
>>
We need another Green Lantern title that doesn't feature a single human.
>>
The Sandman
>>
>>83586979
When are we going to learn more?
>>
>>83587590

Bunn on a Natu ongoing.
>>
A new Question ongoing pls. I'll take either one as long as the writer is good.
>>
>>83587358
He's been talking for ages how it's his dream book.
>>
>>83587358
Well Orlando is also a city in Florida which has a large old and retired community and the JSA is a team of old and retired heroes.
>>
More magic/dark shit. Booster Gold. JLI by giffen.
>>
>>83587538
Name four similarities between Wonder Woman and Beast Boy.
>>
File: bait360.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
bait360.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>83587825
>>
>>83587538
>every DC character
>out of hundreds of them

Yeah, well, you haven't really read much DC I see, because The Flash and Swamp Thing have nothing in common.
>>
>>83587590
Hope Corgi made canon.
>>
More books set in places that aren't the USA or space.

How long until Kenan Kong is contantly hanging out in Metropolis for crossovers?
>>
>>83587881
>can't back up his claim
>bait posts instead
>>
>>83587972
The bait guy wasn't me. Who is Beast Boy? I'm talking about the Flash, WW, Superman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter. Just the really popular ones. They're all the same.
>>
>>83586979
I just want to see them being cancelled, I am so fucking tired of people on /co/ praising the JSA just because it's less known.
>>
>>83588075
>Who is Beast Boy?
One of the Teen Titans and star of the hit cartoon Teen Titans and current hit Teen Titans Go. Also in the most recent DC animated movie. TT VS JL.
>>
>>83587358
pretty sure it's gotta be a fill in issue
>>
File: 1464151802986.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1464151802986.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>83588075
K
>>
>>83588075
Well but those are not "every DC character" you know.

And even if they were, they're really different. You can't compare Superman with Hal Jordan who is essentially Han Solo with a Power Ring.
>>
>>83588322
The level of difference between the two characters isn't the same as the level of difference between Batman and Superman. It is completely negligible, in comparison.,
>>
>>83587358

Where did you hear that Shaner was leaving?
>>
>>83588405
So what you're saying is that every "non-edgy" superhero is similar to Superman? No shit! In that case we can make the point that the level of difference between Spider-Man and Captain America isn't the same as the level of difference between Captain America and Daredevil. This is ridiculous.
>>
>>83588405
DC has more archetypical, classic mold superhero characters. Originally they were nothing but Superman clones with different powersets, and superficially they still seem to be that, but they've gone a long way since then.
>>
It's interesting to think about this focusing on creators.

Marguerite Bennett hinted that at least a *character* that she liked was getting a book soon. But with the way she phrased things, I don't know if she'll be the writer.

I'm not sure which writers DC will tap to make these secondary books, anyway. Orlando's a bit overrated, IMHO, so him on JSA isn't the greatest news. Better than someone completely awful, I suppose.

Some other writers without too many projects now:
* Gene Yang (just on New Super-Man for now)
* Greg Pak
* Genevieve Valentine (although, given how she was kicked off the book, she just might not fit into what DC wants for Rebirth)
* Jeff Parker (dunno his writing speed, but he only has Future Quest right now)
* Gail Simone (has Clean Room and a Dark Horse book, but could potentially trade one for a DCU book or just add another book to her pile; we know she'll be writing an issue for Young Animal)
* Tom Taylor

I'm convinced Pak and Taylor will get projects.
>>
>>83588532
Please calm down. I do not want for you to be upset. Let us keep the discussion civil.

If "non-edgy" is the moronic, primitive, infantile sort of language you want to use – then yes, I do think that all """""non-edgy""""" DC superheroes are the same. Wonder Woman is just Superman but with greek shit and a vagina. Green Lantern is just Superman but with a magical flashy light space ring.

They are all the same. They don't have a memorable world or memorable villains like Batman.
>>
>>83588793
Some people like Pak and Simone are doing the Kamandi thing at least, but that's only one issue so it doesn't mean they're too busy for an ongoing.
>>
>>83588493

You know I don't remember. Probably here on /co/. I'll be happy to hear if it's bullshit that I misremembered.
>>
>>83588793
pak may get a book, I remember him teasing something coming in a interview for his teen titans run he did for like 3 issues.

Taylor may still be too busy with his cartoon show
>>
>>83588493
>>83589003
Shaner isn't on the latest solicits, but he's also incredibly slow so it might just be fill in
>>
When the hell they going to get Neil Gaiman to swing by and write something again.
>>
>>83588075

>Everyone is the same!
>Who is that popular character you listed?

At least pretend you know what you're talking about.

>>83588405

Hal Jordan is an arrogant fuck up who hits first and asks questions later. His bravery makes him an amazing Green Lantern despite all this because he never backs down and always pushes forward no matter what. He can also be insensitive and self centered. He's pure impulse with no regret.

In what way can any of that be used to describe Superman?

It's like saying Luke and Han are the same character.
>>
I'm sure there are more, but I can think of two things I want.
Stargirl and Cyclone to be back together, and Mystic U to start being a thing.

Other stuff like Jon meeting the Batfamily and the return of Blue & Gold is inevitable, I just have to wait a year or two at most for it to happen.
>>
>>83587753
Same deal with Midnighter. Good things come to good writers with better taste and best timing.

It's really good timing.
>>
>>83589498
Young Animal's a thing. I feel like if they threw the right amount of money at him and let him do whatever he wants, it could happen.
>>
>>83589498

Didn't he just do a new Sandman book?

Young Animals seems right up his ally though.
>>
>>83588806
>They are all the same. They don't have a memorable world or memorable villains like Batman.

Do you even read comics? I am sure this is shitty bait but I know you /tv/ fags post shit like this all the time.

Green Lantern has the most world building of any DC hero. Even before Johns jumped on and rebooted Rainbow Brite there was a ton of it.

Flash's rogues are usually considered the third best set of villains behind Spider-Man and Batman. They're loved for their unique moral code, as well as the respected and friendly relationship they have with Flash himself.

Martian Manhunter and Superman are DIRECT contrasts. Superman is a social alien while Martian Manhunter soaks humanity in from a distance never truly feeling like he belongs.
>>
>>83589547
Why are you taking the bait and feeding the trolls?
>>
>>83589662
>>83589846
Well someone tweet the guy to get on it.
>>
A new Question without all the dumb shit he was saddled with at the beginning of the New 52. I have no clue why they included him with the likes of Pandora and the Phantom Stranger. Maybe continue the theme Dr. Fate, Blue Beetle and (later) Atom seem to be going for of the older heroes working with their legacies and have him teaming with Montoya.

Another magic book would be cool. Spectre, Zatanna, or maybe another team like the JLD.
>>
File: Super_Man_promo-thumb.jpg (87 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
Super_Man_promo-thumb.jpg
87 KB, 800x480
I saw the Shazam family, I WANT THE SHAZAM FAMILY.

Also, highly anticipating Super-man #1 and the adventures of Superdad.

This has been the first time in a long time I've been excited for some Superman and DC has been doing a pretty great job thus far.
>>
>>83588806
>They are all the same. They don't have a memorable world or memorable villains like Batman.

You can only say that if you just read Batman.
>>
>>83588806
>They don't have a memorable world or memorable villains like Batman.
>they don't have a memorable world
>or memorable villains

Now you're just trolling
>>
Hickman with Bryan Hitch on a new Authority.
>>
>people falling for the obvious troll pretending to be a batfag as usual

I guess you fags will take every chance to argue about Batman
>>
>>83591436
That's legit something I'd expect Hickman to make up for troll purposes.
>>
>>83587042
Honestly you could throw Parker at any of those and it'd be gold.
>>
Should I buy Johns and Parker's Aquaman runs while they're on sale? I heard they were worth reading before reading Rebirth.
>>
>>83591441
Well Batman is the only unique character idea in all of DC.
>>
>>83586979
>JSA
>Hawkman
>Hawkman & Atom
>Shazam
>JLI
>Booster Gold
>New Gods
>Grifter & Zealot
>>
>>83591436
>Hitch
Nope.
>>
Is anybody going to storytime aquaman I just read it and it's great
>>
>>83587890
There both connected to a powerful external force
>>
>>83587945
I dunno there is a tendency for space story's to end up back on earth but is it really that commen to move foreign story's back to the u.s

I do hope they have a few other country's involved in the diplomatic stuff with Atlantis it makes sense that it's mostly uuniyed states but some other stuff would be nice to.
>>
>>83587825
I want to fuck both of them
They are both on there demographics A team
There both superheros
There both fixture members of there respective teams (although considering cyborg moved does that really give much security of there spot on the team)
>>
>>83595196
Not ripped yet.
>>
>>83595196
you should do it if you want it posted
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.