[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Luck of the Fryrish>Jurassic Bark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: fryrish.jpg (102 KB, 405x350) Image search: [Google]
fryrish.jpg
102 KB, 405x350
Luck of the Fryrish>Jurassic Bark
>>
Good taste, anon.
>>
>>83581548
Good taste, anon
>>
>>83581548
I watched it again yesterday, I don't agree with you. I felt nothing during LotF and didn't make special note of it the first time through either.
>>
>>83581548
Good taste, anon.
>>
>>83581548
*=
>>
>>83581618
>liking a dog more than a human
wrong
>>
>>83581618
That means you actually have an older brother
>>
>>83581647
but the human had a great life and lived to his full potential
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
Amazon Women in the Mood > both of those
>>
>>83581655
>>83581647
I have an older sister I was very close with before she died.
JB is just a better episode, that's all.
>>
>>83581548
I agree, good taste, anon.
>>
>>83581706
LotF had the better story/ending
JB had the better ending song which made the ending much sadder
>>
>>83581647
Not at all, it's normal:
Most people lose a pet when they are quite young, but losing an uncle or adult person (not grandma and stuff like that) isnt as common.
Is not that people like dogs more than humans, is that people find it easier to project their love for their dog on a random dog than to do the same with the love for lets say their uncle and project it to a random Asian middle aged woman on a movie.
>>
>>83581764
LotF had some good jokes but the story and ending was meh. JB's ending was goat of the series and the song was part of that.
>>
File: tumblr_krsvbuIKbu1qzdec8.jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_krsvbuIKbu1qzdec8.jpg
46 KB, 500x375
Why must people insist on comparing these two episodes?

LotF was a feel good ending. After spending the episode butthurt over Yancy stealing his stuff, he learns that his brother truly loved him, and that it was his legacy that allowed his nephew to have the best life ever.

In that moment, Fry knew that the life he always hated actually did have a lot of meaning, and he was probably closer to his brother then then at any point when he was alive.

Jurassic Bark was a "ruined my day" kind of ending, with Seymour having wasted his entire life waiting for Fry to return, and Fry never knowing how much he meant to that dog by assuming that it lived a full life with some other person
and then the movie retcon fucked up the sadness of that ending, making it a worthless episode anyway
>>
>>83581957
>spoiler
I don't think the movie fucked up anything considering they establish that time is cyclical and that time travel is nothing more than accelerating forward into a near-identical timeline. Even though Fry got to spend time with his dog, there was still a Seymour that died waiting.
>>
Fry thinks his dog lived a happy life, only the audience knows the truth and is effected by it.
His brother however, he finds out about what really happened and regrets hating him all those years.
Therefore, yes, LoTF is more likely to send me to cry like a bitch.
>>
man, all these episodes about Fry's past makes his initial reaction to waking up in the future sting a little.
>>
>>83581647
Ok I'll be sure to ball my eyes out everytime a nameless soldier dies in a retarded way in a movie but not give a shit when my own pets die.
>>
>>83582197
>Ball
we don't need you putting 40 up on the Cavs, man.
>>
So, there are a shitload of episodes where Fry is lamenting his past

But whenever a time travel episode comes along he doesn't even try to contact his family in any way. What's up with that. There's the one with the time machine where they go through the whole universe multiple times over, and Farnsworth has time to stop and shoot Hitler, but Fry doesn't even think to say "Hey I wanna say hi to my mom"
>>
>>83581548
Don't you
forget about me
>>
I've always wondered how "Lars" going back to the past for several years affected this.
>>
>>83581706
I'm sorry to hear that anon
>>
>>83582303
Er, he actually got pretty close to his grandma
>>
>>83581548
Meanwhile>Luck of the Fryrish.
>>
Correct
>>
File: Reaction__30_.jpg (147 KB, 568x564) Image search: [Google]
Reaction__30_.jpg
147 KB, 568x564
Don't You (Forget About Me) is the one song that will get me emotional.
Every.
Fucking.
Time.

But Jurassic Bark gets the W.
because dogs.
>>
I like them both equally for different reasons.

The Devil's Hands also makes me cry. In fact a shitload of episodes do. It's crazy how a comedy had so much heart to wreck you emotionally moments after gut busting laughter.
>>
>>83583112
Kek
>>
File: futurama-wallpaper-3.jpg (186 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
futurama-wallpaper-3.jpg
186 KB, 1280x960
Can this just be a Futurama appreciation/discussion thread?

Fuck, i love this show.
>>
>>83581548
Overall better episode but not as emotionally haunting.
>>
>>83584304
yes
I started watching it again after remembering how much I enjoyed it on Adult Swim. Despite being a couple or so years since watching the show, I can still remember jokes vividly.
>>
Man for all the shit people gave newer Futurama it still had damn good feels. Personally I loved al of it.

>Now, bundle up. I don't want you gettin' frozen.
and
>Because this isn't your dream.
>>
>>83582314
HEY HEY HEY HEY
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.